Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you think they will announce EP5 (Seasons) this month ?

TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
If they announce it this or next week then they will have enough time to tell us everything about the EP before EA Play (if it's going to be playable there). Do you think it's possible ? :)
Post edited by TheBoyXP on

Comments

• Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    They only annouced EPs 7-8 weeks before the release (Get Together and Cats & Dogs were exceptions because they were annouced at gamescom). So if the EP releases in late June then it’d be annouced in late April/early May.

Also if they release two EPs this year and Seasons is one of them, I’d expect Season to be the one that comes later this year for sure. Way more people are buying and playing games during the holiday season than summer. They’d want to save Seasons for the best release timing.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    jude72plajude72pla Posts: 784 Member
    @elelunicy Normally I would agree with that line of thinking, but with the surprise drop of My First Pet last month any goes.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »
    They only annouced EPs 7-8 weeks before the release (Get Together and Cats & Dogs were exceptions because they were annouced at gamescom). So if the EP releases in late June then it’d be annouced in late April/early May.

Also if they release two EPs this year and Seasons is one of them, I’d expect Season to be the one that comes later this year for sure. Way more people are buying and playing games during the holiday season than summer. They’d want to save Seasons for the best release timing.

So if that's true about 3 or 4 more weeks we get an announcement. I hope it is. I need something to look forward to.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    We will see. I sure do hope it's Seasons. Seasons is the only pack I am still waiting for, the rest of the packs are all bonus to me.

I hope they do it right this time, because weather in the Sims 3 was amazing.
  • Options
    GelysenGelysen Posts: 214 Member
    I prefer knowing what to wait for then just being left in the dark and waiting on a ''soon'' to happen tbh...

After the situation with the skintones , the lack of people of color content and then My first pet stuff a lot of people believe they have some things to fix... and to be honest they have always hyped their content so them saying that great stuff is coming doesn't really mean anything to me since they would probably call My first pet stuff great as well.

I honestly think the next EP (hopefully seasons) will be announced either just before EA PLAY so that ppl get to play it and it releases not long after that, or that they announce it on EA play.

I'm just wondering if the entire months of april and may will be content free... I hope they release either another stuffpack (tho idk if it could even be a good one considering MFPS just released so how much time did they have?) or a bigger sized free update with an item or thing they know a lot of us want (like a new empty world like newcrest)
    My sims 4 wishlist:
    -Spiral, L&U shaped stairs-More hair colors-Alternative fashion(Goth,Punk,lolita)-More rabbit hole careers-Witches,Plantsims,Werewolves.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The thing is.. some people think they will announce the EP at EA play.

To me that doesn't make sense. Why?

- EA wants to market things (EP's) in a span of a few months. You can think of trailers, livestreams etc.
    - They want to have several livestreams to show people what the EP is about and all that stuff.
    - If the EP is also playable at EA Play, there is no NDA. People can just play the game and leak all its ins and outs before they even showed us the EP themselves in full detail.

So to me this can mean a few things:

1. They will announce the EP ''soon'' way before EA Play so they can have marketing and streams before EA Play and use EA Play as the last marketing push before release later in June.
    2. They will announce the EP at EA Play and release it a few months later, and the thing thats playable at EA Play is something entirely different.
    3. Nothing that exciting is coming because our 'exciting' doesn't match with EA's exciting a LOT of times.

We will see, if they want to release that EP by the end of June and have it playable at EA Play, they have to announce it real ''Soon'' in order to have the time to market the EP in a proper manner.

PLUS; the argument about holiday sales and all that jazz doesn't make sense.

We all know The Sims sells. No matter when they release. It's just the way it is.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I sure hope so, not so sure if I really think it...

Makes sense, but would they actually need that strategy for Seasons? It's the most wanted pack as far as I can tell, so people will buy it no matter what. If I were in charge, I'd release it whenever it's ready and use the holiday season to push some less hyped content instead.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    We will see. I sure do hope it's Seasons. Seasons is the only pack I am still waiting for, the rest of the packs are all bonus to me.

What's the chances though Seasons will release in Summer instead of the Holiday Season? I think we're getting 2 expansion packs this year.
  • Options
    edited April 2018

What's the chances though Seasons will release in Summer instead of the Holiday Season? I think we're getting 2 expansion packs this year.

It doesn't matter. People will buy it anyway. Like I said: they managed to release 2 EP's a year before without a problem, so the holiday season theory doesn't make sense.

Especially for a pack like Seasons. They know people are looking forward to it, so they will buy it anyway.

Sims sells.
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member

- EA wants to market things (EP's) in a span of a few months. You can think of trailers, livestreams etc.
    - They want to have several livestreams to show people what the EP is about and all that stuff.
    - If the EP is also playable at EA Play, there is no NDA. People can just play the game and leak all its ins and outs before they even showed us the EP themselves in full detail.

1. They will announce the EP ''soon'' way before EA Play so they can have marketing and streams before EA Play and use EA Play as the last marketing push before release later in June.
    2. They will announce the EP at EA Play and release it a few months later, and the thing thats playable at EA Play is something entirely different.
    3. Nothing that exciting is coming because our 'exciting' doesn't match with EA's exciting a LOT of times.

We will see, if they want to release that EP by the end of June and have it playable at EA Play, they have to announce it real ''Soon'' in order to have the time to market the EP in a proper manner.

We all know The Sims sells. No matter when they release. It's just the way it is.

I think they will announce an ep soon and make it playable at ea play. You’re right it will come with a lot of marketing but at the same time I think they will do something different this year. I think the development of pets held them back on time as I’m sure that ep wasn’t easy.
    Why wasn’t there an teaser? It can’t be because of Drake.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Cheekybits wrote: »

I think they will announce an ep soon and make it playable at ea play. You’re right it will come with a lot of marketing but at the same time I think they will do something different this year. I think the development of pets held them back on time as I’m sure that ep wasn’t easy.
    Why wasn’t there an teaser? It can’t be because of Drake.

My theory about the lack of a teaser is because the EP is the only pack coming this quarter, and you cannot really tease it. How would you tease it without giving too much away?

My guess is they want to do a proper announcement with blog and trailer instead of a small 10 seconds teaser.

But it's all speculation ofcourse, so we will have to wait to find out.
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member
    TheBoyXP wrote: »
    If they announce it this or next week then they will have enough time to tell us everything about the EP before EA Play (if it's going to be playable there). Do you think it's possible ? :)

What makes you think they're releasing an EP? it's all purely speculation at this point. Everyone's getting their hopes up, what if no EP is released? so to answer your question, I don't know.
  • Options
    TheBoyXPTheBoyXP Posts: 85 Member
    Yubell wrote: »

What makes you think they're releasing an EP? it's all purely speculation at this point. Everyone's getting their hopes up, what if no EP is released? so to answer your question, I don't know.

Because they said that something will be PLAYABLE at EA Play 3 months before the event. Last year, Fitness SP was playable there but they said that after the official announcement of the pack. It MUST be something big because they tease it from now :) ! And I think there wasn't a quarterly teaser because an EP is the only thing we will get this quarter. If they are going to announce it middle/end April then they don't want to tease it from now ;) !
  • Options
    YubellYubell Posts: 440 Member

Because they said that something will be PLAYABLE at EA Play 3 months before the event. Last year, Fitness SP was playable there but they said that after the official announcement of the pack. It MUST be something big because they tease it from now :) ! And I think there wasn't a quarterly teaser because an EP is the only thing we will get this quarter. If they are going to announce it middle/end April then they don't want to tease it from now ;) !

Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

Maybe they're doing Seasons now, because they know it will sell well and do another less demanded EP for the holiday season to take advantage of that period.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    edited April 2018
    I'm used to the radio silence, really. it reminds me of TS2 Era, you didn't know what was coming, its kinda nostalgic (mind you, I didn't know that trailers for games existed back then, I only knew a game was out when it was on store shelves)
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I'm just saying to myself, "Well, New Experience is kind of a catch-all term. Let's just wait, okay?"
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options

This.
  • Options
    domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    I'm used to the radio silence, really. it reminds me of TS2 Era, you didn't know what was coming, its kinda nostalgic (mind you, I didn't know that trailers for games existed back then, I only knew a game was out when it was on store shelves)

Yes but TS2 always included an ad for the next expansion pack in the box so you had some idea what was coming even if it was 6 months away. I preferred that so much to getting a low quality teaser a week or two before release.
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    domina89 wrote: »
    Neechan1 wrote: »

Yes but TS2 always included an ad for the next expansion pack in the box so you had some idea what was coming even if it was 6 months away. I preferred that so much to getting a low quality teaser a week or two before release.

Hmm, I do recall pamphlets that were the size of the box cover, and you are right, I kinda forgot about them, So, I went to find a teaser card from the few Expansion boxes that i still have physical copies of and here's an exert from whatever expansion/stuff pack it was from that I pulled from my box (it had no cover and EP/SP were the same size up until the last EP being AL):
    "NEW
    LASTEST EXPANSION* FOR The Sims 2

Now your sims can enjoy hobbies! Your Sims will have fun taking up a variety of creative intellectual or active leisure-time pursuits. They can even meet sims who share their interests and expand their social relationships.Develop your Sims' skills while they pursue their true pastime passions.Will your sims stumble reaching for new goals or find a new sense of fulfillment?
    COMING SPRING 2008

* All Expansion packs and stuff packs require The Sims 2, The Sims 2 Holiday Edition, or The Sims 2 Deluxe to play"

This one is for the Expansion Pack Freetime

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Not sure. I guess we will find out.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    simlottesimlotte Posts: 56 Member
    NickSims wrote: »

Maybe they're doing Seasons now, because they know it will sell well and do another less demanded EP for the holiday season to take advantage of that period.

I really think so as well! Also let's not forget that we are almost 5 years into the game, so in order to keep this interesting and to keep sales high they will have to release the highly demanded content and even more content, that's not mainly SP's. So my guess is they will announce an EP later this month but more at the end of april and maybe do a small patch this week or the next and then release the pack shortly after EA play. They could then release a GP and SP in Q3 and an EP and SP in time for holidays... that's what I would try to do if I were EA but..oh well..
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No .
  • Options
    AmylsimsAmylsims Posts: 108 Member
    Whenever it comes, I cannot wait! I have never owned any of the seasons eps, and I'm confident that the developers will release an epic seasons pack, however long it takes!
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Amylsims wrote: »
    Whenever it comes, I cannot wait! I have never owned any of the seasons eps, and I'm confident that the developers will release an epic seasons pack, however long it takes!

I'm not lol