Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Great ways to use packs in combination

Comments

• Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    edited March 2018
    CK213 wrote: »
    I have been deliberately uncreative with TS4 as I am waiting for Seasons and University before going all in on all the features.
    I can't remember the last time I sent a sim to dine out. I'm saving that experience for when my Uni grads start dating after they have landed careers.

But, I have had some fun with a few combos.
    Get Together clubs + City Living Geekcon = Cosplay clubs. (Also tons of CC for more variety)

I have a geek hangout in Windenburg. It's zoned as a cafe.
    It's full of toys and games, and it's a hub for Void Critter players. It's also where my Cosplaying teens hangout to try out thier outfits when they are not attending Geekcon. I tried building it next to where the Geekcon venue spawns, but that only made all the sims hangout in the cafe and ignore Geekcon, so I put it back in Windenburg.

10-03-16_3-43-01nbspPM.png

Where did you get the Star Trek uniforms?

Here:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-clothing-female-teenadultelder-everyday/title/female-star-trek-uniform--mesh-needed/id/1342702/

Well I have no body to my sim when I use this CC - can you explain the secret to using it - that is the Star Trek uniform.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I have been deliberately uncreative with TS4 as I am waiting for Seasons and University before going all in on all the features.
    I can't remember the last time I sent a sim to dine out. I'm saving that experience for when my Uni grads start dating after they have landed careers.

But, I have had some fun with a few combos.
    Get Together clubs + City Living Geekcon = Cosplay clubs. (Also tons of CC for more variety)

I have a geek hangout in Windenburg. It's zoned as a cafe.
    It's full of toys and games, and it's a hub for Void Critter players. It's also where my Cosplaying teens hangout to try out thier outfits when they are not attending Geekcon. I tried building it next to where the Geekcon venue spawns, but that only made all the sims hangout in the cafe and ignore Geekcon, so I put it back in Windenburg.

10-03-16_3-43-01nbspPM.png

Where did you get the Star Trek uniforms?

Here:
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-clothing-female-teenadultelder-everyday/title/female-star-trek-uniform--mesh-needed/id/1342702/

Well I have no body to my sim when I use this CC - can you explain the secret to using it - that is the Star Trek uniform.

The creator had this instruction on their page.
    You need this mesh.

Side note, I notice that the lower third of the dress is shiny compared to the upper portion.
    I never noticed it before, but it screams at me now. If I ever find another trek outfit, I will delete this one.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    I find the combination of the Politician career from City Living and the character traits from Parenthood work together like peanut butter and jelly!
    Get a teen to grow into YA with the Responsibility, Manners, and Conflict Resolution (or Empathy) and it will make everything easier.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    Backyard Stuff makes building homes more fun for me.
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    avimilethavimileth Posts: 32 Member
    interesting
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I built a bowling alley + diner combo :)<3

I come up with ways to combine as i come along. But a list of ideas would help.... I own all the packs
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member

I come up with ways to combine as i come along. But a list of ideas would help.... I own all the packs

Is it on the gallery?
  • Options

Is it on the gallery?

Yes , it sure is :) . Why do you ask? It's Burgers n' Fries bowling @catmando830
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Guys what other combination lot ideas have you guys had?

So far Ive done the diner+bowling, below . And Im about to build something else...dont know what yet :)
    my gallery id is my username now <3

unEIt6n.jpg

39224649910_fa18ed3e01_k.jpgBurgersNfries by flower kitten, on Flickr
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Combining Spa Day and Outdoor Retreat is a classic in my games.
    And now, with the addition of the eco/old school way of doing laundry, I created an eco yoga retreat combining the 3 packs. It works so well together! The sims sleep in tents when they go there, do laundry by hand, tend the garden, practice yoga and meditation, and stargaze. It works well in the vacation world, but also as a normal lot that I set as National Park (less restrictions) and send my sims to spend whole weekends there. I also have a club that hangs out there often to make it look more real.
    So actually this is at the end a combo of 4 packs working in perfect harmony :D

Edit to add some screenshots so it makes more sense:

Ybjv7YZ.jpg
    JtniSCJ.jpg
    o1mdjVS.jpg
    sCeQUed.jpg
    jrV9nUt.jpg
    AH4ZvDc.jpg

Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on
  • Options
    lucyshawlucyshaw Posts: 8 New Member
    Wow! What a great lot, is it in the gallery? I'd love to download it as I'm terrible at designing lots
  • Options
    ChelsialyChelsialy Posts: 25 Member
    Love that idea, AlbaWaterhouse!
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    @AlbaWaterhouse Gorgeous lot and great DLC combo! Thanks for sharing :)
  • Options
    Thank you so much, guys. You can find it in the gallery: eco yoga retreat
  • Options
    honeywitchhoneywitch Posts: 321 Member
    Thank you so much, guys. You can find it in the gallery: eco yoga retreat

I saved it to my library :grin:
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    edited March 2018
    Guys what other combination lot ideas have you guys had?

So far Ive done the diner+bowling, below . And Im about to build something else...dont know what yet :)
    my gallery id is my username now <3

unEIt6n.jpg

39224649910_fa18ed3e01_k.jpgBurgersNfries by flower kitten, on Flickr

Ohh, so that's yours; I've favorited it I think(?)

Edit: Yes I did actually, great job! @flowerkitten67
    Post edited by paradiseplanet on
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    kilra0kilra0 Posts: 644 Member
    Time ago I built a Mayan temple with ruins from Windenburg, turned it into a national forest and placed it in Forgotten Hollow because of the beautiful scenery. I didn't even know an adventure pack was coming out :D

zpc0lo0esdki.png
    tlc9nho56m9s.png
    lcabdbqgnpci.png
  • Options
    OxanaPihlajamaaOxanaPihlajamaa Posts: 153 Member
    I got the Bundle Pack 2, and I love combining the Spooky Stuff with Outdoor Retreat - I have a forest witch who brews potions (plus if you have the Cool Kitchen Stuff, you can hi-tech it up and mix in some special ice cream flavors. ;)
  • Options
    Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    I recently built a café that has an indoor cinema from the movie stuff pack and it's fun watching Sims take their drinks/snacks into the cinema and use the big screen TV while eating.
    My gyms use a combo of fitness stuff/spa day+ the city living basketball court and the hot tub from perfect patio. I recently got the cool kitchen stuff pack and I've added that in too. With the club feature from GT, I made a weight watchers club, get my sim to make the weight-loss ice-cream and have the group eat it... Voila! Insta-slim again!
    I regret some of my life choices.
  • Options
    JasonRMJJasonRMJ Posts: 744 Member
    I sent a vampire to the jungle last week; he bought one of the shower-in-a-bottle or whatever they were items but didn't end up using it. After he came home, he used it to extinguish himself after catching on fire due to a dirty lint trap. :D

LOL yeah my Alien sim has the shower-in-a-bottle in his inventory and he use it when he got caught on fire, from not removing the lint away.
    39829553185_e53f1e3e20_o_d.jpg

• Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited April 2018
    So many amazing ideas here!

I like combining Get to Work and Outdoor Retreat to have scientist characters obsessed with alternative living - searching for aliens at work, brewing potions and studying with the hermit in Granite Falls on the weekends. (And searching for cryptids, heheheheh.)

One alien-loving Sim with his family in Granite Falls:
    10_30_17_8_49_08pm_by_eldr_fire-dbt4riu.png

(His girlfriend left him to be with an alien so he processed it by immersing himself in the woods for a weekend... love that kind of stuff!)
  • Options
    Inna MinnitInna Minnit Posts: 2,008 Member
    I use the club activities more than I thought I ever would. I found in doing dine out that I could increase my employee skills by including them in clubs and using the skills that the game was looking for.
  • Options
    BoredinTXBoredinTX Posts: 350 Member
    My scientist has been collecting artifacts and cloning them for a nice profit. I also built a little hipster lounge with eco-friendly laundry and a cafe. And an arcade with a bowling alley, restaurant, private bubble blowing rooms, arcade, and disco.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    Oh my, what fantastic ideas, I love yours BoredinTX. I used to love the scientist career, most of my sims were scientists...I guess I got burned out on it. But this sounds great! I have just the sim in mind. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I think it's time to bump this thread for Seasons! (It's not old enough to be a necro, is it?)

I plan to have my archaeology couple start a flower business in their shop. They're growing some flowers in their greenhouse already, and when the pack comes out I'll have one of them start learning flower arranging. Then their little shop in Old Town will be a combination on archaeological treasures and beautiful flower arrangements.
    And I can't wait to travel back to Selvadorada for more digging in the spring!

Which combinations of Seasons are you planning to do?