Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still want the losing stuff pack themes in game?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited March 2018
    Dangerous Stuff
    Well looks like that dream is over. They had Graham shut down his community forum. It's over and closed. He thanked every one and stated how much he enjoyed the experience and all.

So doesn't look promising....

SimGuruGraham's Corner is coming to an end.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936928/simgurugrahams-corner-is-coming-to-an-end#latest

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    I really want to see Dangerous Stuff happen.

Also Starter Home and Wedding could be cool.
  • Options
    soko37soko37 Posts: 593 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    I want funerals so bad and more focused details around death and things that cause it. Hopefully if enough of us come together on the dangerous pack they will go ahead with it.

I missed the vote they had on these packs:( but I was very excited about the laundry pack. My homes always felt incomplete without washers and dryers. I had fake CC ones that were just objects. However, I wish they added the visualization of the sims adding soap like in sims3. Or maybe some ironing interactions. I'm glad we have laundry, but it was a bit lacking in visualizations and types of machines.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Didn’t vote. I’d want them all but I wouldn’t care in what order really. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Well looks like that dream is over. They had Graham shut down his community forum. It's over and closed. He thanked every one and stated how much he enjoyed the experience and all.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936928/simgurugrahams-corner-is-coming-to-an-end#latest

It doesn't have to be a stuff pack that we participate in.
    They have plenty of potential for some awesome game packs.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    Since stuff packs tend to have 1-2 new gameplay items, I think I would say no to Arcade and Dangerous because I wouldn't want to be limited on them. The Starter Home and Wedding ideas could work well in stuff packs though!
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Dangerous Stuff
    CK213 wrote: »

It doesn't have to be a stuff pack that we participate in.
    They have plenty of potential for some awesome game packs.

Graham said they were too big for the studio to work with the community on making though - and explained a bit why he even had to fight to get his idea to do a stuff pack with us. As you see a stuff pack that generally takes 3 or more months to make took over a year when the community was involved - you can just imagine how long that would multiply if it was an ep or gp what with eps taking a year now and gps taking about 7 month. So i assume that is what he meant by being too big as well as the more indepth assets of eps and gps ( plus much more content and animations).

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Wedding Stuff
    I would have really liked the Wedding Stuff. Looks pretty and cute. :3

The other choices don’t interest me much, but I know some other simmers would have LOVED the Dangerous pack! :smile:

If not wedding, then I would want a Tropical pack. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Dangerous Stuff

The other choices don’t interest me much, but I know some other simmers would have LOVED the Dangerous pack! :smile:

I doubt a tropical pack would be very good in a stuff pack. I would guess you would at least need a gp and Graham only does stuff packs.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Wedding Stuff

I doubt a tropical pack would be very good in a stuff pack. I would guess you would at least need a gp and Graham only does stuff packs.

Oh, not like a full-on vacation type of tropical pack, but more like more beach summer B/B and CAS items kind of thing. Like that Backyard pack a long time ago.

If that’s too much for a SP, then I’ll wait for a fleshed out GP. :smile:

I’ve been liking most of the SPs so far (except for the hamster one, which I will wait for a sale on), so it’s all fine with me. Bring on the stuff packs! :smile:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    Dangerous Stuff
    I do hope the next vacation gp is a tropical beach vacation one for sure with some water activites and not just teleporting into a boat that teleports to an island. That is the one thing that sort of annoyed me in Cats and Dogs ep. It makes me want to go play IP in Sims 3. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Wedding Stuff
    I do hope the next vacation gp is a tropical beach vacation one for sure with some water activites and not just teleporting into a boat that teleports to an island. That is the one thing that sort of annoyed me in Cats and Dogs ep. It makes me want to go play IP in Sims 3. LOL.

Yeah, for sure!

I actually still have Island Paradise, and while it’s frustrating at times to play, I really, really love the theme, and I hope we can get something similar in Sims 4! :blush:
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    I'd like to see more danger added into the game and maybe the dare devil trait or at least an aspiration. I like the challenge of danger though we have that partially with Jungle Adventure.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    I want something like this so badly! lol

This was a very early and rough look at the Starter Home concept had that pack won.
    DX5M0aAVoAAAiyW.jpg:large

The Dangerous theme is a pretty awesome one too, but I can't vote for two. lol

I voted for dangerous but to be honest it is a tie between that one and starter stuff. My sims are never ever rich, I love that concept!
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    I voted for dangerous but to be honest it is a tie between that one and starter stuff. My sims are never ever rich, I love that concept!

Ditto :)
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    Dangerous Stuff Pack!

How the he'll did "Laundry Stuff" beat this?! Sims4 is so sugar-coated, that I'm getting diabetes here! We need some more fatal perils in this game and (maybe) more challenges. Doesn't have to be "impossible to play", but AT LEAST half the challenge of Sims2!

Am I the only one who thinks that a Dangerous Stuff Pack might make up for the My First Pet Stuff Pack, that they rushed out the door?
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    I probably wouldn't use the dangerous stuff or the arcade stuff.. My gameplay is mostly just basic legacies so wedding stuff and starter home stuff both sound nice to me... I just don't think we would need an actual pack dedicated to just starter home stuff or just wedding stuff.. They could be included in some other gp or ep but dedicating a whole stuff pack for them is just a little ridiculous :'D
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Arcade Stuff
    I would really like ALL of the packs, but the OP failed to make that an option.
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

my bad

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Arcade Stuff
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

my bad

No worries. I know why they made polls such that they could be edited after the fact, but it can be annoying if you forget an option. I did once and it would have gotten more clicks than any of the ones I did post. Opps!!! :D
  • Options
    munroelemunroele Posts: 286 Member
    Arcade Stuff
    I'd love all of them, except Dangerous stuff. I have no use for it!

Arcade would be great for kids to go, think of the clubs they can make! And for that greasy person who hasn't showered for 3 days because they're trying to beat a high score, and it could provide home consoles with more games or mini arcade machines, handheld gaming, 80's and 90's fashion, clothing, hairstyles, makeup! omg

Starter home would definitely be an interesting one to get, I suck at making small homes or furnishing them with th basics on a budget.

Wedding, I'd more use for the CAS, than the BB, but if it enhanced weddings, allowed you to choose the look of the bride/groom before arriving at the venue, choosing themes, planning it in advance... yeah. Make weddings easier!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »
    I have always wanted the funeral idea. Weddings and christening.
    Yeah would love to see it happen.
    That would be cool if they did that.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    IceCreamWizzardIceCreamWizzard Posts: 15 Member
    Wedding Stuff
    We really need ALL of these packs. (Where's the all of the above option ?)
    But we do need more wedding stuff, How can my hippie sims have a wedding in the really fancy basegame gowns ?
  • Options
    ARCTICORNEARCTICORNE Posts: 56 Member
    Wedding Stuff
    at the time I really liked the eco living theme (I honestly think they shouldn't have asked to name it, was perfectly fine as it was xD) so wedding stuff was my close-second cause i loved the rustic wedding feel and I think it goes great with the eco theme. arcade stuff was nice too practically for the arcade booths which would be so much smaller than the gaming booth we have with GT, I would have love to have seen an arcade stuff pack with the bowling one where the the overall retro theme is basically the same.
    SfLZzzI.png
  • Options
    davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    Dangerous Stuff
    I loved the Dangerous theme, but would rather it be in a gamepack, because a stuff pack would never do it justice.

Wedding & starter home stuff, would also be great packs to have. I'd rather have the starter home stuff in a Creative EP with housebuilder, home interior, stylist ect.