Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    When you try to use MOO (bb.moveobjects on) does the camera suddenly fly away instead of moving your objects up or down? Does MOO only work by holding down the ctrl key with 9 or 0? Have you used ctrl 9 or ctrl 0 to save a camera position for taking screenshots or making a video? If yes, here's how to fix it so you can again use 9 or 0 without the ctrl key when using MOO.

1. Open your TS4 folder by going to Documents > Electronic Arts >The Sims 4
    2. Look for a folder called VideoCameraStates and open it.
    3. Inside you should see a file with a picture of a cog on it named VideoCameraStates. It's a configuration file.
    4. Open the file. If you've set any camera positions, they will be listed inside.
    5. If you don't care to save them, (perhaps you did it accidentally or you no longer need them) delete the entire folder. The game will generate a new empty one the next time you open your game.
    6. If you'd like to keep these camera positions, copy the folder and save it somewhere safe until you need it again. Just drop the contents into the newly generated folder.

Voila! That's it! You can now simply use the 9 key to raise an object or the 0 key to lower it without using the ctrl key whenever you want to use MOO! :)

Thanks for the tip! I just started experiencing these issues
  • Options
    PiratePirate Posts: 66 Member
    Pirate wrote: »
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    When you try to use MOO (bb.moveobjects on) does the camera suddenly fly away instead of moving your objects up or down? Does MOO only work by holding down the ctrl key with 9 or 0? Have you used ctrl 9 or ctrl 0 to save a camera position for taking screenshots or making a video? If yes, here's how to fix it so you can again use 9 or 0 without the ctrl key when using MOO.

1. Open your TS4 folder by going to Documents > Electronic Arts >The Sims 4
    2. Look for a folder called VideoCameraStates and open it.
    3. Inside you should see a file with a picture of a cog on it named VideoCameraStates. It's a configuration file.
    4. Open the file. If you've set any camera positions, they will be listed inside.
    5. If you don't care to save them, (perhaps you did it accidentally or you no longer need them) delete the entire folder. The game will generate a new empty one the next time you open your game.
    6. If you'd like to keep these camera positions, copy the folder and save it somewhere safe until you need it again. Just drop the contents into the newly generated folder.

Voila! That's it! You can now simply use the 9 key to raise an object or the 0 key to lower it without using the ctrl key whenever you want to use MOO! :)

Thanks for the tip! I just started experiencing these issues

What is a set camera position anyway and how is it done?
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Did you know in jungle adventures, if your sim is cursed with the pancakes curse it relates to Bob Pancakes and you have to eat pancakes to cure it? ^.^
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    My sim just chased her dog out of the bathroom so she could take a shower. :D I didn't know sims were so ashamed of their own bodies that they can't even let animals see it.
  • Options
    MirkaKaroliinaMirkaKaroliina Posts: 147 Member
    I didn't know toddlers could use the dog doors xD

Here's a photo! :smiley:

40734897131_b2bf043f4b_c.jpg

Also, I didn't know you could water these trees with your tears :o

40024644554_7b4d44a078_c.jpg
    cha cha cha
  • Options
    ChellieT626ChellieT626 Posts: 1 New Member
    After all this time playing The Sims 4 I just learned about the multiple outfits option, where they can have 5 outfits to cycle through. And I am totally loving it.
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Did you know that when you choose the option 'Show Selvadorada pictures' to a sim it actually shows a picture on your sims phone?

Pxwn9vZ.png?1
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    IIPhobiaIIIIPhobiaII Posts: 1 New Member
    Apparently, a sim can't go in a sauna if they're pregnant, but they can play basketball and dance.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    For those who play rotationally, create clubs for skill-building and members will build that skill off-screen. So when you finally rotate to them, that particular skill will be higher than usual.
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Pressing the Space bar in CAS will switch Sims just like in Live Mode.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    oHWyZtE.png
    tt4xB0n.png
    I totally didn't know toddlers can ask their parents to be put down. The parent will look confused as to what toddlers actually want but then they get it. It's so cute <3

@SeaDragonSong Oh gee, i didn't even know you can switch household members using the space bar :lol:
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If a sim has been bound to a voodoo doll, they get unexpected moodlet changes!
  • Options
    AncaryvanAncaryvan Posts: 736 Member
    edited March 2018
    Not sure if it's known, but if you collect at least one feather from 12 different birds then you can craft a Sixam owl statue :smile:
    You mean on working bench? I'll go nad check.
    Sorry Nope. You HAVE to get all 12 feather. It's a MUST

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65VG4IacGsg
    I literally play this music above when playing Sims 4! Cozy and Fuzzy
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    edited March 2018
    Ancaryvan wrote: »
    Not sure if it's known, but if you collect at least one feather from 12 different birds then you can craft a Sixam owl statue :smile:
    You mean on working bench? I'll go nad check.
    Sorry Nope. You HAVE to get all 12 feather. It's a MUST

No bench needed, but yes; you have to collect at least one feather from 12 different birds and from your sim's inventory you can click on one feather and the option pops up to make the statue. Sorry for any confusion.
  • Options
    simerizersimerizer Posts: 38 Member
    Using Sims 4 Studio to re-categorize makeup like lipsticks, blush, eyelashes...as skin detail saves me loads of time when I need to make-over a townies because I do not need to re-apply the makeup for all the outfit categories ;)
  • Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member
    edited March 2018
    Using the archaeology table, you can extract as many elements as you want from a single crystal or metal (some of which are rare). Refining a crystal increases its value.
    Post edited by Nectere on
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Adding keyword in names of downloaded cc objects are really a huge helpers in finding them later when you need to decorate houses because you can organize them into collections, styles, types... I wish I knew this earlier though.
  • Options
    sillafoxsillafox Posts: 63 Member
    I just remembered how hard it is to take care of a toddler when your sims have have work and the need to sleep (In the sims 4)
    sW8E5XUIFFv4lyszgJwTWI5jpMGzpGIKfPLmtfVtGYM?preserve_transparency=1&size=1280x960&size_mode=3
  • Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I learned last night that my sim is able to hire her friend as a caterer. I believe this friend has high cooking skill so i think that's why.
    jQFIzCt.jpg
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    Did you know that, if you make and use the bug repellent from Outdoor retreat while you are in the jungle bees and spiders can not sting or bite? Just make sure you apply it again before the buff runs out.

• Options
    PegasysPegasys Posts: 1,135 Member
    That if your sims have placed fireworks on their lot, at least the first time they woohoo, the fireworks will go off!
  • Options
    @Pegasys lol if you continue to buy more fireworks the woohoos would prove to be just as explosive.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    Can someone tell me if it's normal that the "group photo" function of the photo studio only allows a picture of two sims at a time? Because that's not my definition of a "group". This photography stuff gets more disappointing every time I try to do something with it.
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    Whilst copying a speed build from YouTube I learnt that you can have many different versions of cupboard and counter (when in BB mode, click the colour selection of either object and there’s a cog/spanner icon and you have multiple choices)

-mind blown-
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    If you use the clothes line too much the line will snap.
    39987782665_ec1c37ab93_b.jpg

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top