Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things you didn't know!

Comments

• Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    [quote="ArtsyBanana;c-15873483"]I learned the hard way today that making a vampire become "VERY ANGRY" can cause them to drink uncontrollably as if they had extremely low thirst when they do not :o (also now I know another reason to get the tamed thirst power :D ) . [/quote]
    Unfortunately the tamed thirst doesn’t help in that kind of situations. I was almost done with collections so was thinking about collecting some other stuffs with special effects like cow plant essentials, reward potions and emotional dishes. I confess, I didn’t mean to do it on Walther, as he is my current favorite sim, but he is the only vamp in the household that has all vamp powers except the dampened emotion one. Anyway I let his evil dad Vlad released the emotion affecting power and made poor little Walther enraged. Before I could make him to cook the flaming spaghetti he changed into a bat and disappeared. Then a notification popped out when his normal sim adopted brother Ibrahim cried to stop him drinking from one of the gardeners. They suffered a severe drop in relationship. What a bummer......
  • Options
    TmpiTmpi Posts: 34 Member
    edited February 2018
    My toddler used the “imitate” in friendly action with the family pet cat and got this cute “Copy Cat” buff

ERYclLX.png
    Post edited by Tmpi on
  • Options
    applefeather2applefeather2 Posts: 4,003 Member

Is this new? My Sim is "viewing" the easel. Although I don't have that option available, that's what he is doing autonomously.

5eNIoMz.png
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I had no idea that your Alien Sims can revive dead aliens collectibles. I've just seen it in CaptainSauce's latest video.
    kxrgrPu.png
  • Options
    Celticgamer0Celticgamer0 Posts: 1,997 Member
    Not sure if it's known, but if you collect at least one feather from 12 different birds then you can craft a Sixam owl statue :smile:
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I didn't know you could put items in the Ornate Beauty chest & the Gilded Omiscan Treasure chest and then put it in household inventory to save inventory items
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    NectereNectere Posts: 1,002 Member

Is this new? My Sim is "viewing" the easel. Although I don't have that option available, that's what he is doing autonomously.

5eNIoMz.png

I was wondering about that myself since I had a couple of twins (toddler-child) that kept doing it. I had never seen that auto interaction before.
    Mods should enhance my game, not fix it.
    Origin ID NectereSim
  • Options
    Nectere wrote: »

5eNIoMz.png

I was wondering about that myself since I had a couple of twins (toddler-child) that kept doing it. I had never seen that auto interaction before.

I think something is wrong in a few ways with the painting thing. I have to take the incomplete paintings off the easel, then put them right back in order to have the Sim finish it. They can't resume on their own, it just says to scrap it. It's a known issue that SimguruNick mentioned. I think that's the correct guru. Anyway, they do know about that part of it.
  • Options
    MistyLakeMistyLake Posts: 1,700 Member
    This isn't exactly a "Didn't know" post..but i noticed while watching James Turner's (The Sim Supply) Jungle Let's Play video that those skeletons in the temple looks a bit different.

There are female and male skeletons and female skeletons have wider (or rounder) hips (pelvis) ..just like female skeletons in real world. :smile:
    "By Grabthar's Hammer! Let There Be Sims!"
  • Options

I did not know this could happen. :) Edison just leveled up in guitar and had the option to "lull to sleep", which he applied to his wife.
    His strumming worked so well she is presently resting her face on the floor, sound asleep... with full energy notwithstanding. Ha ha.
  • Options
    simm621simm621 Posts: 1,037 Member
    I just found out child sims can teach toddlers with the nesting blocks.
    hV7WE5B.png
    Gallery ID: wiccanwonder
  • Options
    3liza3liza Posts: 18 Member
    Your sim can watch the washing machine from outside. I didn't pay attention and put the treadmill next to a window that shows the machine. My sim got dizzy from it while running :smiley:
  • Options
    Also, since when can you access your notebook from your computer? I swear I have never seen that before.
  • Options
    xKay_luvxxKay_luvx Posts: 117 Member
    This thread is far too long :D so I'm not sure if it's been posted already but I learned yesterday that your sims can take pregnancy tests by clicking on the toilet after they try for a baby. It's crazy that I had no clue this was a thing and actually stumbled upon it while trying to repair a toilet. It's super helpful because now my sims don't have to woo-hoo like jackrabbits until I get a notice about them finally eating for two.
    "Happiness can only exist in acceptance." -George Orwell
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    I've just noticed for the first time that when you left your Sim sleeping and go to the Manage World (or reload you game, or something like that), it will show on the miniature of the house.

22B6AHl.png
  • Options
    PhantasosPhantasos Posts: 1 New Member
    this is such a cool thread! definitely bookmarking <3
  • Options
    SimmySimianSimmySimian Posts: 357 Member
    edited May 2018
    Crickets change pitch with a Sim’s mood. Last night my Sim went from happy to sad, and it almost sounded like the crickets did, too.

Edit: yep, it’s true! If your cycle thru each sim in the household, you can really hear it!
    Post edited by SimmySimian on
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I don't usually give sims the materialist trait because I play my sims on the road often and just assumed they had to be at home to admire their stuff. I just found out you can "admire new possession" when you paint something off lot... now I'm guessing you can do that with other things but it opened up that trait for me to more actively play with anyway.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    keziahgoodman_xkeziahgoodman_x Posts: 8 New Member
    these are all so cool
  • Options
    WeirdalliWeirdalli Posts: 1 New Member
    I didn't know you could move people in a household to a new one without a dim living in it. I thought you had to make a household move them then get rid of the other household. It sounds confusing but I swear its not
  • Options
    @Weirdalli I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're trying to say. Can you try explaining it differently?
  • Options
    HIstoricgalHIstoricgal Posts: 567 Member
    You can move a Sims family to any other house which is empty at any time if they have enough money to buy that house and you get the option to keep you furniture and but the new house empty or you can sell your current furniture and buy the house furnished.
  • Options
    JulieJLynnJulieJLynn Posts: 39 Member
    I found things on here I didn't know about so that's cool. I though it was so cute when I found out that it said they're a stay at home mom or dad. <3
  • Options
    starei007starei007 Posts: 2 New Member
    Finally read through all the tips! So many useful pages...
  • Options
    VallandreaVallandrea Posts: 1 New Member
    V73J9E4 that's my Sims moble code come friend me please. If you need to move my post or belongs okies

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top