Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I need from Sims 4 before EA moves on...Update

Comments

• Options
    emilybush8185emilybush8185 Posts: 38 Member
    I agree! They won't be moving on to sims 5 (if they're even going to) for a long while. Sims 4 was a huge advancement in things sims 2 & 3 can't compete with. For example the gallery, and bringing gamers together for the better. For another, it being without a CD.

> @crazycat_135 said:
    > I still feel like the sims 4 has 3 and maybe 4 years left on it. So I wouldn't worry about there not being a enough time left. I feel like they're really going to milk the sims 4 for as long as they can.
  • Options
    KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I would be glad if they add anything that would make Sims actually different from each other. I like to play legacies but it is boring after few generation as aspirations or traits actually doesn't matter and everyone is either happy or sad.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Options
    KolikokolitkaKolikokolitka Posts: 178 Member
    I would be glad if they add anything that would make Sims actually different from each other. I like to play legacies but it is boring after few generation as aspirations or traits actually doesn't matter and everyone is either happy or sad.
    Also more aspiration awards. My Sims are adult and like have all the awards - again, everyone is same.
    EA ID: Simkiim (you can find all my Maxis-only builds on Gallery)
    My build previews on this site HERE.
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    -Mountain themed world, like Hidden Springs. (With less trees than OR).
    -Seasons (most agree on this)
    -More supernatural lifestates
    -Magic
  • Options
    DarkFoxGirl13DarkFoxGirl13 Posts: 45 Member
    i want more active careers and Create-A-World tool
  • Options
    StaticSimStaticSim Posts: 19 Member
    > @Kolikokolitka said:
    > I would be glad if they add anything that would make Sims actually different from each other. I like to play legacies but it is boring after few generation as aspirations or traits actually doesn't matter and everyone is either happy or sad.
    > Also more aspiration awards. My Sims are adult and like have all the awards - again, everyone is same.

I mess with CC a lot as far as traits and aspirations go.

There are a few exceptionally-designed mental illness traits that will make your game way harder while giving quality perspective on what mentally ill life is like!

I added Generalized Anxiety Disorder to my game and my Sim was always Tense with at least +8/Very Tense and it made her doing anything totally impossible. She was just in a panic attack all the time (which is accurate, but still annoying). Before that I used Borderline Personality and my Sim got so angry in a fit that she had a heart attack and died (also accurate). Mod The Sims has Anxiety, Borderline Personality, PTSD, Bipolar I and II, and Social Anxiety. Give them a shot!
  • Options
    StaticSimStaticSim Posts: 19 Member
    Things I want before TS4 is over include:

- In TS4 Seasons, a beach or snow setting where you can manage a lodge, cabana, or hotel to really take advantage of the seasons
    - In TS4 Seasons, holidays. I miss holidays happening in offline play
    - Another active career or two, because that's a huge space that can be explored. Maybe interior design, performing arts, or just give us TS4 Windenburg University Life please
    - New, ridiculously-niche traits and aspirations. The type of ridiculous we see in modding.
    - New aspiration rewards, perhaps something absurd like the ability to turn any electronic into a robot (not that this is a good idea or one that can be well-implemented)
    - Imaginary Friends a la Sims 3, I loved letting my children do their own thing then have the imaginary friend turn real and grow up with Little Sim to fall in love and get married
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I agree! They won't be moving on to sims 5 (if they're even going to) for a long while. Sims 4 was a huge advancement in things sims 2 & 3 can't compete with. For example the gallery, and bringing gamers together for the better. For another, it being without a CD.

> @crazycat_135 said:
    > I still feel like the sims 4 has 3 and maybe 4 years left on it. So I wouldn't worry about there not being a enough time left. I feel like they're really going to milk the sims 4 for as long as they can.

I don't even think they're going to make Sims 5 - the level of porting they're doing is another sign. It's an expensive and complicated business, is porting. But it makes a lot of money if you do it right. That's not to say The SIms 4 will go on forever - but when it ends, no more Sims, at least not as we know it.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    MINEZMINEZ Posts: 792 Member
    I've kinda been sad about the lack of hints about whats happening. The latest free dlc was lackluster... cool but.... I'm hoping for some cool content soon. Careers, a new world, CAW...although i'm thinking a witches or Halloween themed pack is coming...
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2018
    I’m currently waiting for (in terms of content) or hoping for:

-More occults (witches, mermaids, fairies, werewolves in particular)
    -Beach/Island content
    -Ocean swimming of some sort, even if somewhat limited
    -More romance interactions
    -More kids interactions?
    -And maybe upgrades like improving a couple of the life stages and maybe fixing some of the reaction AI
    -Keep doing the bug fixes

And that’s it. :blush: I got my toddlers, vampires, Seasons, restaurants, and retail (even if a bit lame), so I feel I got a lot of what I originally wanted those first few years. :smile: I also loved the Get Together club system and Season’s holiday content, so I am really enjoying the game at the moment.

If I can get the above stuff listed, then that would be awesome. (Especially any upgrades to AI and improving life stages.)

Anything beyond that is icing on a good-ish cake for me. :blush:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 i do feel like kids are limited. I like the idea of using the club system to create sororities and fraternities for a university ep...
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    I would love if they focused in adding all Sims 2 animations. I would love to see my sims doing the "hang out" action, or jumping in their beds/sofas. Things like that.
  • Options
    @karon that would be awesome!!!
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited September 2018
    Since they added City Living apartments to the game, I would like to see a world with townhouses in it. Some with back yards and have driveway with garage.

house-town.jpg

townhouses.jpg

Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    beville wrote: »
    Since they added City Living apartments to the game, I would like to see a world with townhouses in it. Some with back yards and have driveway with garage.

I agree with some townhouses. fond of New York, London townhouses, good size yard, driveway, and garage. wish we had the use for a garage.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    @beville I love the idea of townhouses!! Maybe even a new world featuring them and some other new lots....
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited September 2018
    What is the point of wasting valuable land space on a garage and drive way in a game with no cars or any other transportation. I do not understand why this is requested. The land use is already too tight on lots as it is.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    LadyDaisy15LadyDaisy15 Posts: 18 Member
    Some new ideas:
    - new stairs (because I really want stairs with curves and stairs with a wide landing, maybe also a folding ladder to have a real attic)
    - splitting levels (because then you can have stairs who split levels, like you can have a upper room)
    - more free content for base game
    - school stuff (like university and primary school and more like that)
    - more worlds, because of the lack of building space (+ maybe also something you can change the size of the building land)
    - more careers
    - maybe more skyscrapers, not only in San Myshuno
    - more sports (like tennis or waterpolo or football (like americain football) or horse riding)
    - more toys for children (and adults) outdoor (like a trampoline!)
    - maybe also a free tool to make (virus free ;) ) costum content on your own! (and maybe also a guide to do that)
    - make a city on your own! (or maybe more than one)

Here are some ideas. I really want new stairs, because that would save also more space!
  • Options
    KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    http://simscommunity.info/2018/09/10/maxis-has-started-working-on-a-new-the-sims-title/
    Sims 5? or another phone game?

About this info I'm not too sure about it yet maybe it something maybe it's nothing.
  • Options
    changelingschangelings Posts: 40 Member
    A fix for simulation lag :(
  • Options
    LadyDaisy15LadyDaisy15 Posts: 18 Member
    > @LadyDaisy15 said:
    > Some new ideas:
    > - new stairs (because I really want stairs with curves and stairs with a wide landing, maybe also a folding ladder to have a real attic)
    > - splitting levels (because then you can have stairs who split levels, like you can have a upper room)
    > - more free content for base game
    > - school stuff (like university and primary school and more like that)
    > - more worlds, because of the lack of building space (+ maybe also something you can change the size of the building land)
    > - more careers
    > - maybe more skyscrapers, not only in San Myshuno
    > - more sports (like tennis or waterpolo or football (like americain football) or horse riding)
    > - more toys for children (and adults) outdoor (like a trampoline!)
    > - maybe also a free tool to make (virus free ;) ) costum content on your own! (and maybe also a guide to do that)
    > - make a city on your own! (or maybe more than one)
    >
    > Here are some ideas. I really want new stairs, because that would save also more space!

And I forgot roof windows! To make a real attic, because you can make a room under the roof right now, but sometimes the roof is still in the way, so you can make real rooms
  • Options
    Lauri_AntonLauri_Anton Posts: 48 Member
    Townie generator that creates regular, non-goofy looking people to fill houses instead of the same old boring premade families + some kind of story progression
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    Everything that's in Freeplay
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    CieloSimsCieloSims Posts: 143 Member
    I wish they would or could implement the create a color and pattern swapping tools from Sims 3.
    Origin ID: CieloSims
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    What is the point of wasting valuable land space on a garage and drive way in a game with no cars or any other transportation. I do not understand why this is requested. The land use is already too tight on lots as it is.

I didn't put all those large objects (over sized) on my Sims' lots. I put those in parks and or special lots and my Sims had to travel to use them. It saves land space for more immersive stuff if you don't put rocket on a lot etc. You might not either, but I had plenty of space on some lots to build a garage (fake) and driveway etc. I don't know it sort of matters if you are playing current times, and or the last fifty years. Now, if I'm playing medieval the backdrops ruin that. Unless it's on the island in GT.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.