Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    I'm diggin that fish tank coffee table and... Can I drop some fishies in that tank or is it just pure surface only?
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    BMSO wrote: »
    I'm diggin that fish tank coffee table and... Can I drop some fishies in that tank or is it just pure surface only?

Decor only.
  • Options
    BMSOBMSO Posts: 3,273 Member
    Simanite wrote: »
    BMSO wrote: »

Decor only.

Well, than stinks. @Simanite Thanks for the reply.
    Bmso85's emporium - mysims4studios

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    @SimTrippy Thanks for respectfully answering my question (which no one else did), I respect your viewpoint.

Yes of course, I respect yours too. And I do agree about what you said with this being TS3 store type cross-selling. Which is why I think one of the few realistic alternatives they have to releasing it as it is right now, is making all individual aspects of this SP available for purchase, instead of making us buy the whole SP. Just like the store content it's inspired by. But I've never been fond of the store either, and haven't spend much there (I think about 15,- total).

And well, I also like C&D, so I get your point about it being a good EP for you! I just wish it had parts that were a bit more content-heavy (like especially, more pet toys & beds, and I think those can be expected to be an essential part of a pets EP). Too bad for the small hamster though (trust me, I get why people want it), maybe there will someday be some other way for me to have some small pets, too :)
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    edited March 2018
    LiELF wrote: »
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    NickSims wrote: »
    @LiELF is it okay that I posted your comment on Twitter? I really want EA and the Simguru's to read it. People can't really write good arguments like thaton Twitter, where we do have direct contact with EA and the Simguru's, on the contrary to the Forums. I should have asked before, but if you don't want it there I am happy to delete it.

That's great, thank you! I really don't use Twitter that much, so getting the word out is much appreciated. :)

Thank you for sharing this @NickSims, I'm glad our @LiELF has been able to express so well what many of us didn't know how to put into words. <3

Gosh, you guys, I'm touched that my post resonated with so many people. Really. Love you all, hope we can get this sorted out and everyone can go on loving and enjoying their Sims game in peace. <3
    Even James from TheSimSupply and Iron Seagull retweeted @LiELF's comment! This is exactly what I was going for! Thank you again for writing it!
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    sundaysimmersundaysimmer Posts: 201 Member
    @LiELF is it okay that I posted your comment on Twitter? I really want EA and the Simguru's to read it. People can't really write good arguments like thaton Twitter, where we do have direct contact with EA and the Simguru's, on the contrary to the Forums. I should have asked before, but if you don't want it there I am happy to delete it.

That's great, thank you! I really don't use Twitter that much, so getting the word out is much appreciated. :)

Thank you for sharing this @NickSims, I'm glad our @LiELF has been able to express so well what many of us didn't know how to put into words. <3

Gosh, you guys, I'm touched that my post resonated with so many people. Really. Love you all, hope we can get this sorted out and everyone can go on loving and enjoying their Sims game in peace. <3
    Even James from TheSimSupply and Iron Seagull retweeted @LiELF's comment! This is exactly what I was going for! Thank you again for writing it!

Yes!
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options

This is great. Go @LiELF!
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I think parrots turtles and bunnies would have been relevant for this pack. Very disappointed that it only includes rodents.
  • Options

Guys. I'm a bit proud of us - mostly @LiELF, of course. We have an eloquent, elaborate, rational statement about what part of the community feels is wrong with the new pack. And that statement is now being read and retweetet by an increasing number of people on Twitter.

I'm hopeful that this will bring about some sort of change.
    Favourite TS1 packs: Superstar, Makin' Magic. Favourite TS2 packs: University, Open for Business, Seasons, Apartment Life. Favourite TS3 packs: Generations, Seasons, University Life. Favourite TS4 packs: Get Together, Cats & Dogs, Seasons, Island Living, Discover University.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Don't know if it will truly make a difference in the end, but fingers crossed and hope for the best!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    edited March 2018
    Don't know if it will truly make a difference in the end, but fingers crossed and hope for the best!
    At least we did everything we could! The last thing we can do is to not buy this pack. And then it's all up to EA if they're going to continue this.
    Edit: Of course you should buy this pack if you want to. Just saying that buying this means supporting EA's behaviour. And I don't support this.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    At least we did everything we could! The last thing we can do is to not buy this pack. And then it's all up to EA if they're going to continue this.

And before people get upset - no one's calling for a boycott. You can make your opinion count either way.
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Edit to add, most of the stuff in the Store wasn't as important as small pets, I know. Although I'd say the greenhouse was up there. And the baby stuff was a lot later than Generations, but would have fitted.

The problem isn't with a Pets SP itself.

It's that Pets C&D is severely lacking in comparison to what was given to us in Sims 2+3. It might live up to the previous Sims 4 expansions, but it not to the franchise and what we know to expect from a Pets pack.

We don't have a complete Pets expansion. They got rid of horses (and I'm holding out for a farm pack, so that's the only thing keeping me placid about that), but more importantly, got rid of small animals, which almost everyone wanted. There was more interaction with small animals in the Sims 2 base-game than Sims 4 has even with its 'Pets' EP. Along with only having two dog beds, missing controllable pets and so on.

Then in this stuff pack they start to give us what should rightfully have been in the C&D expansion: mice, hedgehogs, hamsters and more beds. But they want us to pay extra for it?

It makes the people who bought C&D feel cheated, and plenty of us worry about the direction the franchise is going, as it seems like a cash grab and disrespectful to customers who gave C&D the benefit of the doubt.

For a start I don't think what this SP gives is worth £10 anyway : slightly altered furniture, a fishtank table (which I could just download as CC for free anyway) and a hamster (with different swatches). It begins to fill the void missing in C&D and so should have been a free patch, but doesn't even do that. Where are my birds? Other small critters?

Basically, if C&D had been a complete/satisfactory Expansion, and then a Pets SP came out with extra related furniture, and maybe a new small pet (In Addition to those in the EP), it would have been okay. But that's not the case.
  • Options
    BonnieBonnie Posts: 159 Member

How much are you going to compromise this title before it's not worth saving anymore?

You argue we MUST buy or it could meet the fate of Sim City, but I think what you're missing is....let's say the Sims is a fancy Ferrari, but every time they partake in a questionable business practice, it's akin to taking that Ferrari to the repair shop and somehow it comes back out as a less fancy, less pleasing and less impressive car, but with the price tag for repairs in tact.

When do you stop visiting the repair shop? When it's a Honda Accord? When it's motor doesn't start unless you kick it a couple times? When it only has three wheels left?

The people arguing for the tough love route want to call EA's bluff. They want to see if EA is truly ready to drop one of the top 10 best selling franchises of all time, (yes, MUCH bigger in importance than Sim City) or if it's all a bluff. Additionally, there's the rationale that if the loss of quality in the product is inevitable and unavoidable, we might as well save ourselves some time and money and just give it a mercy-killing. After all, SimCity may be dead, but Cities: Skylines rose to claim it's throne. Harvest Moon may be dead, but Stardew Valley took up the torch for it. When games that fill a certain niche die, the concept doesn't simply cease to exist. No, it's inevitable that someone wants to fill the gap in our hearts and makes a new one.

Our choices are simple: be coerced into blindly buying every product they release, regardless of quality or regardless of our satisfaction...
    Or we dare to call out the bluff. Either it'll expose itself as a bluff and improvement will follow, or we may be forced to give the game a mercy killing, but a new competitor to the Sims game would undoubtedly arise to claim it's spot.

At some point, you start thinking that the new competitor would be superior to what's left to salvage from our current title, and for many people...? That moment is now.

Really well said. Can I just say that you're arguing the case beautifully? I completely agree with 100% of what you've written so far. I hope someone from EA (a guru or even higher maybe?) actually takes notice of all kerfuffle and does something about it. But as this thread gets longer and longer I get less and less enthusiastic about their ability to care. All the outrage at this pack is perfectly acceptable, because we're being coerced into buying it. Otherwise we miss out on all this "great" stuff right? Stuff that couldn't have possibly been included in C&D that many people have already spent £40 on.

As I said before in my previous post it's a difficult concept to grasp that neither the guru's or EA care about their consumers anymore, but that's what they're effectively saying with this stuff pack. They're testing it out to see how many people will fall for it and honestly I'm scared of the outcome if people do continue to buy and support this kind of stuff pack. My boyfriend made an interesting point of saying last night that EA are likely holding out for people to give up on the idea that they hate this stuff pack. He said eventually (in a couple of months or so) people will buy it anyway just to have a complete set or that specific piece of furniture they've been missing out on. I hope he's wrong because that sends the message that we'll allow this beloved franchise to turn into a ridiculously expensive game that nobody can hope to enjoy the full benefit from, simply because it costs too much all together to have every piece of the game.

Personally, I feel we're all being robbed blind by this stuff pack. EA are sitting there laughing because we're watering their money tree for them, and nobody is outraged enough to burn it down. I'd much rather see Sims fall away then effectively turn into a PC version of a micro-transaction mobile game. I'd much rather have Sims be picked up by a small time indie developer, someone who, instead of seeing dollar signs, will love it and cherish it and want to see it grow. I think some people might be afraid of that idea but let me give you an example of an indie game that's come really far because it's main developer and inventor ACTUALLY cares about his game and the people who play it: Rimworld. Tynan Sylvester literally sits and watches hours upon hours of people playing lets plays of his games just to pick up on all the little bugs and annoyances that, as gamers, we notice for a split second then move on. Not only does he listen to the people who've spend countless hours and cash on his game, he involves himself in the community to improve his game by including mods that people have created into his game. How long did it take for us to get toddlers into the Sims 4? Two years? One element that should have been there from the beginning and it took them two years to actually listen. Not once have I seen or heard of EA or any of the guru's taking that much interest in the game itself and it's consumers. But in my opinion, if you're going to make a game and sell it for people's real life hard earned money, you should care that much.

Honestly? I think the Sims franchise would be better off in the hands of someone who has something to prove to the world, instead of a big million dollar company who's only interested in filling up their own pockets.
    f63c55b4ba116173bd3db5dc0bc5ae7893dcb9d0.gif
  • Options
    kaiyote23kaiyote23 Posts: 4 New Member
    This pack is such rubbish, it’s a shameless money grab and I’m extremely disappointed but can’t say I’m surprised. Your community expects more from you, EA. Do better.
  • Options
    Basically, if C&D had been a complete/satisfactory Expansion, and then a Pets SP came out with extra related furniture, and maybe a new small pet (In Addition to those in the EP), it would have been okay. But that's not the case.

Ah that's probably how we differ then, because C&D was a great EP for me (I feel like it was much more well done than TS3's, although the latter had more content - I HATED controllable Pets so much so I couldn't enjoy them) so I don't mind paying for this SP.
  • Options
    ShelbixxShelbixx Posts: 1 New Member
    > @SimDestroyer said:
    > Should've been a game pack with other kinds of small pets.

Their blog post for this says, "With The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff, you can add small pets to households, like a hamster, rat, pygmy hedgehog, or miniature bubalus."
  • Options

Ah that's probably how we differ then, because C&D was a great EP for me (I feel like it was much more well done than TS3's, although the latter had more content - I HATED controllable Pets so much so I couldn't enjoy them) so I don't mind paying for this SP.

The animals themselves are very well done yes, that is true. But a bit more content would've still been nice.

Still @Simanite your question reminded me of the game I enjoy and so I decided you're right. I will forget this SP ever existed or will exist and am going back to my vampire-archeologist house & my beautiful toddler. I hope many people will read @LiELF 's post and share and, and hope things will turn out better soon-ish. But for now, I've expressed about all I could about how I feel about this pack, and will go enjoy my skeletons instead. :)
  • Options

I don't mind non-playable pets, but even in Sims 2 there was a cheat enabling us to control them. So we had the option to play either way. I'm also annoyed that pets don't have a ui at all. That being said, if for you D&C was a good pack, then you won't have a problem with the SP, but most of us here don't feel like that.
  • Options
    I'm also annoyed that pets don't have a ui at all.

Oh yeah that is ridiculous.
  • Options
    SimDestroyerSimDestroyer Posts: 335 Member
    edited March 2018
    Shelbixx wrote: »
    > @SimDestroyer said:

Their blog post for this says, "With The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff, you can add small pets to households, like a hamster, rat, pygmy hedgehog, or miniature bubalus."
    Well yeah, but what about birds, lizards, snakes, turtles, bunnies?
  • Options

The animals themselves are very well done yes, that is true. But a bit more content would've still been nice.

Still @Simanite your question reminded me of the game I enjoy and so I decided you're right. I will forget this SP ever existed or will exist and am going back to my vampire-archeologist house & my beautiful toddler. I hope many people will read @LiELF 's post and share and, and hope things will turn out better soon-ish. But for now, I've expressed about all I could about how I feel about this pack, and will go enjoy my skeletons instead. :)

Aw well I do hope you can still enjoy the game, but it's sad your enjoyment has been marked by this. I think they should really have thought-out this SP more because it was evident it would be very polarizing, and TS4 hardly has the best track record.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    For me, the only ways to fix this would be:

1) Patch the Stuff Pack in free.
    or;
    2) Give us a different free patch with more beds; birds, a smaller hamster/mouse enclosure, and some other small animals. So the EP is somewhere closer to being complete. Then this First Pet SP wouldn't leave such a bitter taste in everyone's mouth.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Shelbixx wrote: »
    > @SimDestroyer said:

Well yeah, but what about birds, lizards, snakes, turtles, bunnies?

Part of me thinks birds would have fit in well with JA, but then it wouldn't be fair on people who have no interest in adventuring but love birds. It would have been to patch them in beforehand, then people might have been more favourable to MFP.
  • Options
    HowmanychairsHowmanychairs Posts: 32 Member
    [quote="Simanite;c-16369436"]@LiesSim Thanks for answering, also. I respect and understand your viewpoint.

I guess for me I'm likening this SP to store content in TS3, so I'm not very shocked. They always released sets that had clothes, build buy and premium content (such as the greenhouse just before Seasons, wave station just before IP and seeing stars set just before Showtime) the same week as an EP came out with a similar theme, which would clearly have fitted in with said EP. And these sets offered way less stuff than a TS4 SP, and were double the price. I believed the Gurus when they said they weren't stripped from an EP but were made to compliment them by the Store team, and I believe the same being said about this SP because the SP team is separate to the EP team.

Now I do believe that the high-ups at the company choose to release the content this way to get more money, because that's their goal. But I don't believe the devs and Gurus did it to be malicious, because they aren't in charge or marketing or release schedules.

In an ideal world I wish each EP was fully fleshed out and contained all the relevant content, but for me Cats and Dogs was the only EP that was well done and actually worth the asking price. Plus I've actually got more enjoyment from many SPs than I have from most of the earlier EPs, so I don't mind paying the £10 when I know I'll use it.

I can understand why people don't on principle though.

Edit to add, most of the stuff in the Store wasn't as important as small pets, I know. Although I'd say the greenhouse was up there. And the baby stuff was a lot later than Generations, but would have fitted. [/quote]

This is basically my thoughts on tis pack.
    I definitely don't support pack for a pack principle, but also I'm not surprised.

I got fair share of disappointment from TS3 and it suprises me how little outrage was back then. We never got fixer upper cars like we did in TS2-oh wait we did! It was part of an store bundle that had less than a TS4 stuff pack but costed more. (Incredible I know!)

Pretty much everything that involved Katy Perry was a disaster. Anyone remembers Sweet Treats?? Where could you even use that content??? Or that extra special limited edition of Showtime with Katy Perry on it and it costed more than a regular expansion. I'm surprised that you feel betrayed NOW when this has been happening long before TS4 was planned.

Vampires were sold twice and they were promoting them twice as a part of main features, but again nobody had a problem with it.

Supernatural was an expansion probably due to cutting off content and not placing occult life states in packs where they "should" be. Again they have been cutting off content long before TS4.

I'm more disappointment in community continuing to praise TS3 when it had a lot of the same issues TS4 has.