Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Saw a tweet from Graham referring to a ‘brain numbing’ treat you can give to hamsters to make them “normal” (so they won’t shoot into space on a rocket ship...). Sounds a lot like a lobotomy, kind of messed up for a hamster.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! What a messed up name. It actually feels like it doesn't want you to use that. ("How DARE you numb the mind of an animal? It's a hamster! It's supposed to shoot up into space!")

Weird.

Yeah they went a disturbing direction with that. I think the whole ‘hamster going on vacation and sending post cards’ idea is really childish, and dumb.

Let me just turn my hamster into a vegetable so they don’t blast off to space. The ideas they have for these packs sound like they are gathered from children. Of course that’s who they are basically making this game for.

So a hamster if we dont numb it will go to space? On the whole pack thing. Ithink sims 4 just lacks packs, and content in general. Iwill say iteration is not famly base at all. You can say the last stufg packs has been about family play.But the last game pack is more about adventuring.Cats and dogs csn be about family, but its mostly about pets. Lot people own pets, and simgles has pets. The other last two expansions were more adult base especially city living.Why I sympathise with people single families. IT s not like families only being cater too. The expansion packs just need to be broader and mske sure thete is something for everyone

By default I assume yes. Would have made way more sense to have hamsters be normal by default, and have a treat that works as some sort of brain booster to then enable the rocket ship stuff. Of course then all of the hard work they put into that would go unused, so they have to make players jump through hoops to avoid it.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hey Simmers, I’ve just been catching up on the thread. A big thank you for all who have shared their feedback on the pack. Please continue to do so, there are some great posts to be found with excellent critiques. Just a reminder, let’s look to keep posts constructive when relaying feedback whether that be negative or positive. Share your thoughts on the SP. What would you have liked to have seen in the SP? How you would have liked it to go? What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)

I do want to also acknowledge this too. There have been a lot of pointed comments targeting Guru's multiple times throughout this thread and it really isn't ok. I can see from the posts in here that many are feeling disappointed and it’s ok to share that here. Please note however, that once the discussion becomes focused on people rather than content it's no longer an appropriate discussion to have as per the rules in place. If the rules continue to be broken, the thread will be closed, and users moderated for how they've conducted themselves and the conversation. We encourage your feedback, but we do not support the targeting of others; members and staff alike. So, with that please do aim to keep critiques to the content.

I have merged some threads with this one. The same points were being discussed so to limit duplicate threads they've been merged.

But will you really listen us? I really don't think.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    lovesstormslovesstorms Posts: 17,794 Member
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    Hey Simmers, I’ve just been catching up on the thread. A big thank you for all who have shared their feedback on the pack. Please continue to do so, there are some great posts to be found with excellent critiques. Just a reminder, let’s look to keep posts constructive when relaying feedback whether that be negative or positive. Share your thoughts on the SP. What would you have liked to have seen in the SP? How you would have liked it to go? What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)

I do want to also acknowledge this too. There have been a lot of pointed comments targeting Guru's multiple times throughout this thread and it really isn't ok. I can see from the posts in here that many are feeling disappointed and it’s ok to share that here. Please note however, that once the discussion becomes focused on people rather than content it's no longer an appropriate discussion to have as per the rules in place. If the rules continue to be broken, the thread will be closed, and users moderated for how they've conducted themselves and the conversation. We encourage your feedback, but we do not support the targeting of others; members and staff alike. So, with that please do aim to keep critiques to the content.

I have merged some threads with this one. The same points were being discussed so to limit duplicate threads they've been merged.

But will you really listen us? I really don't think.

They'll listen but taking action is a whole other question.
    Origin ID: lovesstorms
    Seeking a Cure for PSC
    From Lifehack.org
    - 20 Things About Highly Creative People
    Simblr
    Lovesstorms's Stories
  • Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    People you need to relax! Getting this ate up must drain any enjoyment you had for the game.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    "A stuff pack filled with fur" is killing my soul.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited March 2018
    Simanite wrote: »
    People you need to relax! Getting this ate up must drain any enjoyment you had for the game.

It doesn't drain up all of it, but yes, I find it so blatantly shameless and disappointing, that I'm having a hard time enjoying my game - and I've been enjoying it very much since DO, CL, tods & vamps. So yes ... I'm really happy others don't feel this way about it, because lots of things about this pack look fun and fit my playstyle. But I am me and you are you, and to me, this is very, very disappointing. :confused: Don't let that ruin your happiness though, just try to accept our feelings about it too.
  • Options
    SimTrippy wrote: »

It doesn't drain up all of it, but yes, I find it so blatantly shameless and disappointing, that I'm having a hard time enjoying my game - and I've been enjoying it very much since DO, CL, tods & vamps. So yes ... I'm really happy others don't feel this way about it, because lots of things about this pack look fun and fit my playstyle. But I am me and you are you, and to me, this is very, very disappointing. :confused: Don't let that ruin your happiness though, just try to accept our feelings about it too.

Your feelings don't ruin my enjoyment, because like you say we have separate opinions and minds and I respect yours.

If you were enjoying your game, why can't you continue enjoying it with the packs you have? Is it because you would like to play with small pets too, but feel they should have come in C&D? And then that makes you feel irritated when you play? Just trying to understand.
  • Options
    MissNightOwlMissNightOwl Posts: 740 Member
    edited March 2018
    Also, I'm actually looking forward to owning a rodent that will apparently have a far more interesting nightlife than me. LOL Can't wait to see what little trinkets I get from the furry little imps and what shenanigans they dive into at night while my sim is resting.

Edit: I think it's important to note that Graham said there is a perfectly normal hamster that will do nothing but realistic hamster things for simmers who prefer that sort of thing. No exciting space travel, no awesome adventures of any Hobbit Hamster kind, just... eating... sleeping... pooping...
    I think it's a nice touch that they are trying to address multiple play styles and provide simmers with options. Nicely thought out, Sims Team!
    "Something nobody has asked me, but seems worth mentioning... rodent's secret lives... things like sending you postcards from their travels, launching rockets, etc... that's all optional. You can just have a normal rodent pet that doesn't do those things if that's what you want." ~SimGuruGraham
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/971510999890067458
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/971515017966178304

If you're adressing the discussion above, I believe it's more about naming - a brain numbing treat. If they really wanted to do this that way, it'd be better the other way around, in my opinion. A normal hamster is the basic, but you can give him the super brain treat, or something like that. It could even have better story behid it: You bought that special treat that suppose to make your pet super smart, how exciting! But it acts like usual, still running in his little wheel. Well, you better place a complain tomorrow morning, now it's time to bed. Wait... WAS IS A ROCKET LAUNCHING?
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Also, I'm actually looking forward to owning a rodent that will apparently have a far more interesting nightlife than me. LOL Can't wait to see what little trinkets I get from the furry little imps and what shenanigans they dive into at night while my sim is resting.

Edit: I think it's important to note that Graham said there is a perfectly normal hamster that will do nothing but realistic hamster things for simmers who prefer that sort of thing. No exciting space travel, no awesome adventures of any Hobbit Hamster kind, just... eating... sleeping... pooping...
    I think it's a nice touch that they are trying to address multiple play styles and provide simmers with options. Nicely thought out, Sims Team!
    "Something nobody has asked me, but seems worth mentioning... rodent's secret lives... things like sending you postcards from their travels, launching rockets, etc... that's all optional. You can just have a normal rodent pet that doesn't do those things if that's what you want." ~SimGuruGraham
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/971510999890067458
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/971515017966178304

If you're adressing the discussion above, I believe it's more about naming - a brain numbing treat. If they really wanted to do this that way, it'd be better the other way around, in my opinion. A normal hamster is the basic, but you can give him the super brain treat, or something like that. It could even have better story behid it: You bought that special treat that suppose to make your pet super smart, how exciting! But it acts like usual, still running in his little wheel. Well, you better place a complain tomorrow morning, now it's time to bed. Wait... WAS IS A ROCKET LAUNCHING?

Yes! Or if they really want to showcase the rodent superpowers, have a pop up that says "the store where you bought this from has been feeding Remy the Rat a super treat! He may be extra excitable until it wears off. If you'd like to encourage his behaviour, buy more super treats from the computer".
    Bam, problem solved, no need for a weird, evil, brain numbing scenario.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited March 2018
    Saw a tweet from Graham referring to a ‘brain numbing’ treat you can give to hamsters to make them “normal” (so they won’t shoot into space on a rocket ship...). Sounds a lot like a lobotomy, kind of messed up for a hamster.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! What a messed up name. It actually feels like it doesn't want you to use that. ("How DARE you numb the mind of an animal? It's a hamster! It's supposed to shoot up into space!")

Weird.

Dare I say, weirder stories LoL {EA_Lanna: Hashtag removed}. Dog houses are cruel (cuz blaming a piece of wood is simple than the owner), but feeding them numbing medicine? Nah.
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • Options
    SeraphicPinkSeraphicPink Posts: 202 Member

Your feelings don't ruin my enjoyment, because like you say we have separate opinions and minds and I respect yours.

If you were enjoying your game, why can't you continue enjoying it with the packs you have? Is it because you would like to play with small pets too, but feel they should have come in C&D? And then that makes you feel irritated when you play? Just trying to understand.

I think its because you misunderstand why people are upset, again.

We get that the packs you have.. you can play, cause you like them and ignore this pack and all that.

However, a lot of people are concerned what this means for FUTURE PACKS that will come in the future.
    That is what is upsetting.

So now should we expect this kinda DLC to a DLC behavior, and quality? If we don't like it now?

A lot of simmers have in their own way, seen the sims franchise falling and becoming less than it has, and this is just another red flag, warning sign, that this is possibly the end to something they loved dearly.

People are looking at stuff at a different perspective, is all.
    Some people will just say forget this pack and be happy with their stuff now, and that's fine.
    Some will buy this pack and keep buying, that's fine.

Some people are trying to let it be known they don't like what this is, and don't want to see it in the future. That's fine too.
    My Simblr: http://seraphicsimblr.tumblr.com/
    Origin: SeraphicPink

• Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited March 2018

We have a right to be upset and mocking us is insulting. What do you expect? To see this calamity and then go about our merry way like this wasn't being pulled? I LOVE this franchise and because of the fact that I love it, it really ticks me off that this has been pulled. So sorry, not sorry. I'm getting no enjoyment about this situation at all.

"Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    Some people are trying to let it be known they don't like what this is, and don't want to see it in the future. That's fine too.

@Simanite it's hard to put into words but It think @SeraphicPink here said it as well as I could express it right now.

I don't like the concept, I don't want to flesh out expensive EPs (that are only 20,- cheaper than the base game) with SPs. I like SPs, GPs and EPs but I want each to cover a topic as completely as possible. I feel C&D could have given us more items, and maybe, if the items in this pack felt qualitatively different from the ones in C&D (like pet beds with bolsters, a pet store venue type perhaps, or furniture that doesn't simply look like a slightly recolored and retextured copy), I would be looking forward to this pack. Cause yeah, I'd like small pets, but I cannot believe they locked them inside this EP Stuff Pack... That apart from the cage has nothing I don't already own, only recolored versions of it. It's something I never want them to do again in the future.
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    NickSims wrote: »
    @LiELF is it okay that I posted your comment on Twitter? I really want EA and the Simguru's to read it. People can't really write good arguments like thaton Twitter, where we do have direct contact with EA and the Simguru's, on the contrary to the Forums. I should have asked before, but if you don't want it there I am happy to delete it.

That's great, thank you! I really don't use Twitter that much, so getting the word out is much appreciated. :)

Thank you for sharing this @NickSims, I'm glad our @LiELF has been able to express so well what many of us didn't know how to put into words. <3
  • Options
    LiesSimLiesSim Posts: 358 Member

I'm glad your enjoyment isn't ruined with all of this backlash and I truly hope you will enjoy this pack if you purchase it. In fact, I don't mind if people buy this pack even though it makes me fear for the future of this series. Everyone should do what they feel good about and if they enjoy this new pack I'd say good for them!

The reason why this new release doesn't sit well with me personally is because this is a strong indicator of the route EA wants to take with the upcoming releases. This series that I love so much is being used against me and my wallet. If they do more packs like this the series ends here for me because I won't buy anything anymore. This would leave me with a game that has potential but doesn't live up to it (I will probably return to TS2). TS4 is straying away from all of the greatness the series once had and it is heartbreaking. So yes, this new release is putting salt in the wound which makes me feel a lot more negative when I play it. Of course it has always been about the money for EA, if I had a company I'd want to cash in on everything as well. But in the past they gave us a lot of great content with every release. Now we basically pay 10 euros for a hamster with a spaceship and a new aquarium + an EP with the title Cats&Dogs that barely has any dog beds.
  • Options
    @SimTrippy Thanks for respectfully answering my question (which no one else did), I respect your viewpoint.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    @LiELF is it okay that I posted your comment on Twitter? I really want EA and the Simguru's to read it. People can't really write good arguments like thaton Twitter, where we do have direct contact with EA and the Simguru's, on the contrary to the Forums. I should have asked before, but if you don't want it there I am happy to delete it.

That's great, thank you! I really don't use Twitter that much, so getting the word out is much appreciated. :)

Thank you for sharing this @NickSims, I'm glad our @LiELF has been able to express so well what many of us didn't know how to put into words. <3

Gosh, you guys, I'm touched that my post resonated with so many people. Really. Love you all, hope we can get this sorted out and everyone can go on loving and enjoying their Sims game in peace. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    @LiesSim Thanks for answering, also. I respect and understand your viewpoint.

I guess for me I'm likening this SP to store content in TS3, so I'm not very shocked. They always released sets that had clothes, build buy and premium content (such as the greenhouse just before Seasons, wave station just before IP and seeing stars set just before Showtime) the same week as an EP came out with a similar theme, which would clearly have fitted in with said EP. And these sets offered way less stuff than a TS4 SP, and were double the price. I believed the Gurus when they said they weren't stripped from an EP but were made to compliment them by the Store team, and I believe the same being said about this SP because the SP team is separate to the EP team.

Now I do believe that the high-ups at the company choose to release the content this way to get more money, because that's their goal. But I don't believe the devs and Gurus did it to be malicious, because they aren't in charge or marketing or release schedules.

In an ideal world I wish each EP was fully fleshed out and contained all the relevant content, but for me Cats and Dogs was the only EP that was well done and actually worth the asking price. Plus I've actually got more enjoyment from many SPs than I have from most of the earlier EPs, so I don't mind paying the £10 when I know I'll use it.

I can understand why people don't on principle though.

Edit to add, most of the stuff in the Store wasn't as important as small pets, I know. Although I'd say the greenhouse was up there. And the baby stuff was a lot later than Generations, but would have fitted.
  • Options
    cameronw209cameronw209 Posts: 1,497 Member

Gosh, you guys, I'm touched that my post resonated with so many people. Really. Love you all, hope we can get this sorted out and everyone can go on loving and enjoying their Sims game in peace. <3

It's a very nice post, and the tone makes it very easy to read. Not that I'm against emotional writing, but sometimes I find it jarring to read through aggression.