Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 My First Pet Stuff - A Stuff Pack filled with Fur

Comments

• Options
    SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    edited March 2018
    RnM92 wrote: »
    Simanite wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »
    EA_Lanna wrote: »
    What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)
    [/i]

2017 was all about the family play. The last two SPs are about that too. I don't play house in my game.

It would be much appreciated if simmers who play other ways than family/generational/dollhouse, would start being considered again for more content like JA. Thanks.

The last pack that came out was for people who don’t play “dolls house.” We as family players had to wait for over two years to even get an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that we existed, never mind getting content that was catered to us. The main aim of the Sims is to play dolls house and raise a family.

Actually the Sims is a "Life Simulator", which means absolutely anything to do with human life, which yes does include families but also everything else that's part of our lives.

Well, isn't one of the main purposes of life to have a family for most people?
  • Options
    What are your critiques, thoughts and feelings on the content? Please let us know. :)
    [/i]

2017 was all about the family play. The last two SPs are about that too. I don't play house in my game.

It would be much appreciated if simmers who play other ways than family/generational/dollhouse, would start being considered again for more content like JA. Thanks.

The last pack that came out was for people who don’t play “dolls house.” We as family players had to wait for over two years to even get an ACKNOWLEDGEMENT that we existed, never mind getting content that was catered to us. The main aim of the Sims is to play dolls house and raise a family.

Really? You mean I've been doing it all wrong since The Sims came out? Since Sims 2, there was only one time I ever raised a kid to adult stage and moved them out. And that was in S3. For me, usually as soon as kids enter the equation I get bored and move on to another household. I haven't even played toddlers in S4 for more than a day.

The Sims has been about much more than family play and always has been.

For you, not for most people.
  • Options
    RnM92RnM92 Posts: 222 Member
    edited March 2018
    [/i]

Actually the Sims is a "Life Simulator", which means absolutely anything to do with human life, which yes does include families but also everything else that's part of our lives.

The meaning of, and main purpose of, life is to have a family.

You've totally missed the point. Yes, biologically the purpose of life is to reproduce, but there's more to life than that, which is why it's a life "simulator". It's going to feature every aspect of life. And looking at it from a non biological perspective, people have all sorts of things that are the purpose of life for them, not everyone sees reproducing as one of them. The game is supposed to cater to all people with all sorts of preferences, thats how it started. Will Wright said he wanted to give as many options to players as possible, and to represent human life in its fullest.
  • Options
    Omri147 wrote: »
    [/i]

The meaning of, and main purpose of, life is to have a family.
    I don't want to get too off topic topic so I'll just say this.

The main purpose of life is for each individual to live how they want to live. There's no just one way to do it. Each individual has their own goals and that's the life they should live.

I disagree.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member

Say that to yourself, because you just claimed that what you consider the primary purpose of this game is indeed its primary purpose. It's the primary purpose for you.

And why should anyone care about what "most people" do? Most people I know don't even play The Sims, does that mean the game should not exist?
  • Options
    lopithecuslopithecus Posts: 1,735 Member
    edited March 2018
    I'll get this. I think it looks cute and I love the thought of having a hedgehog in my game. Do I believe they should have added the small pets in with the C&D expansion? Yes, of course I do. But am I surprised or outraged? No, I'm not.

A lot of gaming industries (and corporations in general) are money hungry. Are people really surprised EA would be any different? I mean, come on, there's plenty of other big named games out there that require you to download $10 or even $20 worth of DLC just to get another side story! EA isn't doing anything new that other gaming industries haven't done as well.

If you don't want the pack, then don't get it. If you want it, then get it. It's every individual's prerogative to do what they want with this pack. But I'm more surprised that people are surprised and angry about it when literally every corporation under the sun rakes people over the coals to buy their stuff.

It's nothing new in this world.
    k55mmxl
    "The one you confide in the most. The one who understands you best. The one you'll miss more than any other. When he dies..." - Batman/Superman 018
    SuperBat ruined my life!<3
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    agustd wrote: »
    Cheekybits wrote: »
    Let's see:

-I can build a pet supply shop (and yes, I'm aware you can't sell the little pets themselves, but I said pet supply, not pet shop).
    -I can add or modify waiting rooms in vet clinics with the cutsie pet furniture.
    -I can make kids rooms (or kids room stores) with that cutsie pet furniture.
    -I can make a crazy old cat lady and deck out her house with all kinds of pet stuff.
    -I can give that busy Sim who is always on the go a little pet that doesn't need a lot of care.
    -I can give a full family of 8 Sims pets that don't count on the household amount but can still be named and have relationships with.
    -I can appreciate that deviant players now have a new death through illness in the game, which I can immunize or immediately cure my own Sims from without hassle. (More of this would be great for both kinds of players.) They can even cause mini-plagues to their Sims if they want.
    -I can make restaurants themed with the pet furniture.
    -I can make a cool cylinder aquarium with the coffee table/fish tank and the MOO cheat.

That's what it means to me. :)

(The thread I wanted to post this in got merged with all the other nonsense going on, but hey, still worth posting.)

You're right. You can do all these things. But wouldn't it have been better if you didn't pay extra for those things? Because, oh I don't know, they should have been in the C&D expansion already? It's not the content that's in question here. It's the malicious intent of EA to get more out of an already existing DLC that felt like it needed more than. But then again I suppose you're one of those people who has no regard of your parent's money right?

The toddler stuff (even the kids stuff) I can understand. They didn't make an expansion for toddlers to be in the game, they had a free patch for that.

Would you prefer not to have vet clinics and have this stuff? You should focus on constructive criticism and not being rude to people who want to buy it. You don’t want EA to be “malicious” but yet some people (not all) choose to act the same to people who do what to buy it.

That's the issue with most of ya.

You're very quick to accept gaming has to be constant forgoing.

Have you ever played any other game in your life? Do you live under assumption that this is just how it is in the gaming world? I'm getting a headache reading posts like yours.

You just implied that developing a Vet Career, that was let me remind you - a shameless re-use of already existing system with a whole set of assets - wouldn't be possible to do alongside creating a hamster, a single animated object.

A. Single. Animated. Object. With most likely 3-5 animations.

Can we stop acting like EA is a charity? They're not. I swear some of y'all sound like you see the dev team as a bunch of helpless children who need constant reassurance that they're doing well because oh, they're trying so hard aren't they!

They're capable of so much more than they tell you they are. And yet, you believe that developing a nice sims game has suddenly become impossible these days, and that it's on us, players to just accept it and shut up because oh that's just how it is what can you do! IT'S NOT. Please develop some standards.

Go look at some other AAA games that were successful, maybe even play them, and then learn what an AAA title should be. Maybe then you'll stop excusing EA for the decisions they make. They don't make them because they have to, they do it because they want to milk this mediocre, lukewarm game while they can by using more and more questionable, shameless, unethical practices.

I don’t think you understand my post...I’m not disagreeing or agreeing about what you are saying. I’m just saying everyone should be respectful about others opinion and instead of get rational on other players give constructive criticism to the developers. My job requires me to play AAA titles and such but I don’t go on forums calling people kids because they dissageee or some other rude things I’ve heard. In fact if you do scour other forums you should by now know how to be respectful while getting your opinion across to others.
  • Options

Say that to yourself, because you just claimed that what you consider the primary purpose of this game is indeed its primary purpose. It's the primary purpose for you.

And why should anyone care about what "most people" do? Most people I know don't even play The Sims, does that mean the game should not exist?

I don't want to get banned so I won't reply.

anigif_sub-buzz-10397-1515005577-11.gif
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    [/i]

Everyone let's not derail this thread and discuss the meaning of life. I think this person meant was that the initial idea for The Sims was for it to be some sort of doll house PC game concept where you can raise a family.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member

The concept of Sims started off with building houses/real estate and the doll-house aspect came afterwards. So making a family is in no way the primary aim of the game. I mean, Sims 1 only three life stages, not exactly highlighting family play.
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Let's see:

-I can build a pet supply shop (and yes, I'm aware you can't sell the little pets themselves, but I said pet supply, not pet shop).
    -I can add or modify waiting rooms in vet clinics with the cutsie pet furniture.
    -I can make a crazy old cat lady and deck out her house with all kinds of pet stuff.
    -I can give that busy Sim who is always on the go a little pet that doesn't need a lot of care.
    -I can give a full family of 8 Sims pets that don't count on the household amount but can still be named and have relationships with.
    -I can appreciate that deviant players now have a new death through illness in the game, which I can immunize or immediately cure my own Sims from without hassle. (More of this would be great for both kinds of players.) They can even cause mini-plagues to their Sims if they want.
    -I can make a cool cylinder aquarium with the coffee table/fish tank and the MOO cheat.

(The thread I wanted to post this in got merged with all the other nonsense going on, but hey, still worth posting.)

You're right. You can do all these things. But wouldn't it have been better if you didn't pay extra for those things? Because, oh I don't know, they should have been in the C&D expansion already? It's not the content that's in question here. It's the malicious intent of EA to get more out of an already existing DLC that felt like it needed more than. But then again I suppose you're one of those people who has no regard of your parent's money right?

The toddler stuff (even the kids stuff) I can understand. They didn't make an expansion for toddlers to be in the game, they had a free patch for that.

Would you prefer not to have vet clinics and have this stuff? You should focus on constructive criticism and not being rude to people who want to buy it. You don’t want EA to be “malicious” but yet some people (not all) choose to act the same to people who do what to buy it.

Have you ever played any other game in your life? Do you live under assumption that this is just how it is in the gaming world? I'm getting a headache reading posts like yours.

You just implied that developing a Vet Career, that was let me remind you - a shameless re-use of already existing system with a whole set of assets - wouldn't be possible to do alongside creating a hamster, a single animated object.

Can we stop acting like EA is a charity? They're not. I swear some of y'all sound like you see the dev team as a bunch of helpless children who need constant reassurance that they're doing well because oh, they're trying so hard aren't they!

They're capable of so much more than they tell you they are. And yet, you believe that developing a nice sims game has suddenly become impossible these days, and that it's on us, players to just accept it and shut up because oh that's just how it is what can you do! IT'S NOT. Please develop some standards.

Go look at some other AAA games that were successful, maybe even play them, and then learn what an AAA title should be. Maybe then you'll stop excusing EA for the decisions they make. They don't make them because they have to, they do it because they want to milk this mediocre, lukewarm game while they can by using more and more questionable, shameless, unethical practices.

I don’t think you understand my post...I’m not disagreeing or agreeing about what you are saying. I’m just saying everyone should be respectful about others opinion and instead of get rational on other players give constructive criticism to the developers. My job requires me to play AAA titles and such but I don’t go on forums calling people kids because they dissageee or some other rude things I’ve heard. In fact if you do scour other forums you should by now know how to be respectful while getting your opinion across to others.

That part I understood.

However, a part of your response to an elaborate post was simply a question of "would you rather". That tells me you see nothing wrong with a situation where the absence of feature X is explained with decision to include feature Y when in reality AAA title should be of highest quality, and therefore DLC should offer you both. That's the mentality of most Sims players, unfortunately. There's no logical explanation to why these two features couldn't make it to the EP on its release but a plan to divide the content in order to make more money. Which is what they did.

Let's wait for moderators to take care of people who point fingers at others and yell YOU'RE A LITTLE KID when they run out of arguments. No reason to play forum police.
  • Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member

The concept of Sims started off with building houses/real estate and the doll-house aspect came afterwards. So making a family is in no way the primary aim of the game. I mean, Sims 1 only three life stages, not exactly highlighting family play.

Okay, well then I'm wrong and that person is wrong.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    CheekybitsCheekybits Posts: 1,030 Member
    Let's see:

That part I understood.

However, a part of your response to an elaborate post was simply a question of "would you rather". That tells me you see nothing wrong with a situation where the absence of feature X is explained with decision to include feature Y when in reality AAA title should be of highest quality, and therefore DLC should offer you both. That's the mentality of most Sims players, unfortunately. There's no logical explanation to why these two features couldn't make it to the EP on its release but a plan to divide the content in order to make more money. Which is what they did.

Let's wait for moderators to take care of people who point fingers at others and yell YOU'RE A LITTLE KID when they run out of arguments. No reason to play forum police.

Oh that was just more like a question to bring them back on track to the topic. I do see you're point, they did provide explanations to why it wasn't in the pack though. Is it the truth? Who knows. There is however a lot of indie games that are on par with AAA titles these days. So all AAA tittles will need to step it up that includes sims 4.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    What I meant was, TS2 and 3 seemed to be marketed more from the perspective of a family maker (playing up to the new life stages) whereas 4 was marketed as more of a YA party simulator at first. It's only over the past couple of years family play has started to take a front-seat.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Saw a tweet from Graham referring to a ‘brain numbing’ treat you can give to hamsters to make them “normal” (so they won’t shoot into space on a rocket ship...). Sounds a lot like a lobotomy, kind of messed up for a hamster.
  • Options
    PrincessSimcessPrincessSimcess Posts: 917 Member
    Saw a tweet from Graham referring to a ‘brain numbing’ treat you can give to hamsters to make them “normal” (so they won’t shoot into space on a rocket ship...). Sounds a lot like a lobotomy, kind of messed up for a hamster.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! What a messed up name. It actually feels like it doesn't want you to use that. ("How DARE you numb the mind of an animal? It's a hamster! It's supposed to shoot up into space!")

Weird.
    Lift up your head, princess. If not, the crown falls.
    35532344976_d8721ca725_z_d.jpg

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Let's see:

I needed to see this said.

As a long time simmer, I also understand that our beloved sim game has been in new hands and will in fact, go through changes we have never seen before and will look and behave differently because of the exchange of hands and also the advancements in gaming and other things.

I really feel like with that being said, we should be seeing better, and not what we have been seeing now.

Again, as many have said, if you like it fine, buy it, okay, again we get it.
    but in discussing this and why so many are mad... many go BACKWARDS to get quality gaming content that we love and adore.
    We watch something we have loved for so many years, some of us, growing up with this game... turn into mediocre stuff... for no reason.

It's hard. People are mad. It's really understandable.
    This DLC to a DLC is not just one thing that made people mad...this is bricks that have turned into a castle of overwhelming frustration, disappointment, and in the end anger. It's like an untreated blister for some people.

Completely agree. I think another good way of putting it is that this is the straw that broke the camel's back for most players. It seems like most people who are annoyed at this weren't all that happy with the Sims 4 anyway, they just weren't as vocal about it as others (including me lol, I've been vocal for a while as CL was the final straw for me) or they tried to like it and get on with it (as I tried to at first), but this is just too much.

That isn't true for everyone actually. I really enjoy TS4 and I also liked CL and all recent GPs. But this? Nope, just no.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,193 Member

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this! What a messed up name. It actually feels like it doesn't want you to use that. ("How DARE you numb the mind of an animal? It's a hamster! It's supposed to shoot up into space!")

Weird.

Yeah they went a disturbing direction with that. I think the whole ‘hamster going on vacation and sending post cards’ idea is really childish, and dumb.

Let me just turn my hamster into a vegetable so they don’t blast off to space. The ideas they have for these packs sound like they are gathered from children. Of course that’s who they are basically making this game for.

So a hamster if we dont numb it will go to space? On the whole pack thing. Ithink sims 4 just lacks packs, and content in general. Iwill say iteration is not famly base at all. You can say the last stufg packs has been about family play.But the last game pack is more about adventuring.Cats and dogs csn be about family, but its mostly about pets. Lot people own pets, and simgles has pets. The other last two expansions were more adult base especially city living.Why I sympathise with people single families. IT s not like families only being cater too. The expansion packs just need to be broader and mske sure thete is something for everyone
  • Options
    Ceres_MeirionaCeres_Meiriona Posts: 5,006 Member
    edited March 2018
    I am so excited for the return of Rabid Rodent Fever!!! :squeals and stomps feet excitedly:
    I absolutely cannot wait to start a plague >:) !!! I mean, um... clean rodent cages diligently all day long so nothing bad ever happens to my beautiful si.... you're not buying this huh? Didn't think so... Anyway, THANK YOU, for finally putting in a sickness into the game that will actually threaten my sim's life in a very dramatic and urgent way. I've wanted something dire and serious that actually makes me feel a sense of urgency when my sim contracts it, and until this, nothing in the game has even come close to that. I am extremely excited about this! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG NOW, MATES! Biological Rodent Warfare 101 begins! Muahahahaha I'm going to have a sole survivor sim, and they will become a writer, and that will be the title of their first book. Or maybe I'll start with ... Surviving the Rodent Plague of San Myshuno, but later she/he discovers that it was actually a biological attack by a secret evil organization (Maniacal Gnomes? The name is still a work in progress lol)! Through a series of accidental and unfortunate events my sole survivor sim will get caught up with the counter organization to the evil secret organization (Takemizu Mystics?). There will be tears, war, intrigue, and romance! YES!!! Can I have pack now, please? :smiley:

Also, I'm actually looking forward to owning a rodent that will apparently have a far more interesting nightlife than me. LOL Can't wait to see what little trinkets I get from the furry little imps and what shenanigans they dive into at night while my sim is resting.

Edit: I think it's important to note that Graham said there is a perfectly normal hamster that will do nothing but realistic hamster things for simmers who prefer that sort of thing. No exciting space travel, no awesome adventures of any Hobbit Hamster kind, just... eating... sleeping... pooping...
    I think it's a nice touch that they are trying to address multiple play styles and provide simmers with options. Nicely thought out, Sims Team!
    "Something nobody has asked me, but seems worth mentioning... rodent's secret lives... things like sending you postcards from their travels, launching rockets, etc... that's all optional. You can just have a normal rodent pet that doesn't do those things if that's what you want." ~SimGuruGraham
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/971510999890067458
    https://twitter.com/SimGuruGraham/status/971515017966178304
    Post edited by Ceres_Meiriona on
    tumblr_oesik08PQO1vorh5do6_1280.jpg
  • Options
    Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    Let's see:

Completely agree with all of this. I'm not going to just stand there and accept being milked with content that gets lower and lower in quality over time, even if I am a Sims fan. I'm not a doormat for EA.

And exactly, there are far better games out there. That said though a lot of the AAA industry is doing to their games what EA is doing here to the Sims, but they're getting absolutely panned for it and rightly so. Nintendo on the other hand, is still trying to make their games the best they can be, resulting in 10/10 reviews and they're doing better financially than they've ever been. The new Zelda and Mario games really pushed the boat out in terms of what was possible for those franchises. This is what should be happening with the Sims and it proves it totally possible to do, it just requires the right mindset (aka not profit at all costs).

I agree. My husband is a huge Nintendo Fan and has never experienced what I have seen with EA. It ridiculous
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".