The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't play The Sims 4-Game won't open in Origin

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    hetaliasimslover13hetaliasimslover13 Posts: 8 New Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow :D
    I can play again but with no outdoor stuff and get together..but this is okay
    Umm,I want know.why after i uninstall my sims 4 tonight because origin is not running and i install sims 4 again and just copy get to work with some mod and play but my outdoor stuff is gone...So I can't camping agai:tired_face::tired_face:
    But this is okay at least i can play sims
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,715 Member
    Thank you so much @rosemow :D
    I can play again but with no outdoor stuff and get together..but this is okay
    Umm,I want know.why after i uninstall my sims 4 tonight because origin is not running and i install sims 4 again and just copy get to work with some mod and play but my outdoor stuff is gone...So I can't camping agai:tired_face::tired_face:
    But this is okay at least i can play sims

Hello @hetaliasimslover13
    Log in to Origin. Go to the Sims 4 picture, which is where you press play. Right click on the sims 4 picture and click " repair". After doing that, press play and see if the Outdoors Retreat items are there.
  • Options
    Umm..Can i ask to you @rosemow ?
    When i download mod hair,i directly put them in mod folder(Document) after download but some mod not work like nightwalker,ade and other..from nightwalker,they told to we,if to use this hair you must setting graphic to very high so i setting to ultra and they told to turn off laptop mode but i never turn on laptop mode(but i use laptop not computer)...are because i use laptop so howefer i turn off laptop mode i can't use them and mod hair from ade(his mod hair always have ade in first) is not have requried graphic or something but his mod can't appear....I like their hair and almost half of mod hair is from their :'(

And some house mod i download is crash but i have copy them all no one is mess,when i download house i just download that the house is just requried sims 4 and get to work so there will no crash but there is have crash...Why this happen to me?like i download shrek house,i looked that you must have sims 4 so i download this but when i look there is crash and i can't look shrek family .-.
    Sorry,If i use your time :"
  • Options
    Hello,@rosemow
    I done log in to origin but where is " which is where you press play" i don't see sims 4 picture,when i click sims 4 it just go to buy sims 4
  • Options
    Umm..Can i ask to you @rosemow ?
    When i download mod hair,i directly put them in mod folder(Document) after download but some mod not work like nightwalker,ade and other..from nightwalker,they told to we,if to use this hair you must setting graphic to very high so i setting to ultra and they told to turn off laptop mode but i never turn on laptop mode(but i use laptop not computer)...are because i use laptop so howefer i turn off laptop mode i can't use them and mod hair from ade(his mod hair always have ade in first) is not have requried graphic or something but his mod can't appear....I like their hair and almost half of mod hair is from their :'(

And some house mod i download is crash but i have copy them all no one is mess,when i download house i just download that the house is just requried sims 4 and get to work so there will no crash but there is have crash...Why this happen to me?like i download shrek house,i looked that you must have sims 4 so i download this but when i look there is crash and i can't look shrek family .-.
    Sorry,If i use your time :"

Hello
    Some mods and cc have been broken or become corrupt since the last game patches. That can cause issues in the game.
    If the home is causing your game to crash, it may be better to not have the home in your game. Sometimes simmers find that they can't use hair from certain creators in their game. The hair cc doesn't work correctly in their game. It may be due to graphics cards or computer system details. It may be best to look for hair cc from another cc creator.
  • Options
    Hello,@rosemow
    I done log in to origin but where is " which is where you press play" i don't see sims 4 picture,when i click sims 4 it just go to buy sims 4

Hello
    On the top of the screen, there is a tab that says " My Games" . Click on that. Then you should see a picture of sims 4 on the screen page.
  • Options
    MightyAngleMightyAngle Posts: 2 New Member
    Hi for some reason i can not play the sims 4 the Origin is running it takes a while to run and i am trying my hardest to wait so i can log in so i have to wait more to finish running so i can start to play but i know what i am doing wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hi for some reason i can not play the sims 4 the Origin is running it takes a while to run and i am trying my hardest to wait so i can log in so i have to wait more to finish running so i can start to play but i know what i am doing wrong.

Hello @MightyAngle .
    Shut down your computer completely. Start the computer again, then try logging into Origin and launching the game , and see if that helps.

Are you able to log in to Origin?
    If you are able to log in, are you having issues after pressing the play button? If you are, and you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if the issue is still there. If it has helped with the issue, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
  • Options
    MightyAngleMightyAngle Posts: 2 New Member
    hi thanks i did shut my pc down but i also bought the sims 4 city living an i am excited to get the game an play it. every night i close my laptop while it runs an if i am not allowed to do that. i wonder if i should un an reinstall the sims 4 what do you think?
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    hi thanks i did shut my pc down but i also bought the sims 4 city living an i am excited to get the game an play it. every night i close my laptop while it runs an if i am not allowed to do that. i wonder if i should un an reinstall the sims 4 what do you think?

Hello @MightyAngle
    Are you able to log in to Origin? If you are able to log in to Origin, do you have issues when clicking on the sims 4 picture and pressing the play button?

Did you test by removing your mods folder, and seeing if the issues remained?

Did you try repairing the game like I suggested or/and switching back to 32 bit mode?
  • Options
    Imma_Simmer_RoundImma_Simmer_Round Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,
    I'm having a similar problem my play button on origin is grayed out and it won't do anything when I press the sims 4 icons on my desktop and on my taskbar.
    I have the latest origin and the latest sims 4 because I got it for the 2016 Christmas and I have all of the updates for origin and sims 4.
    I closed my game just before I left and I was gone for 6-7 minutes and now it's not working.
    I don't want to reinstall my game can someone please help me. Thankyou
  • Options
    Hello,
    I'm having a similar problem my play button on origin is grayed out and it won't do anything when I press the sims 4 icons on my desktop and on my taskbar.
    I have the latest origin and the latest sims 4 because I got it for the 2016 Christmas and I have all of the updates for origin and sims 4.
    I closed my game just before I left and I was gone for 6-7 minutes and now it's not working.
    I don't want to reinstall my game can someone please help me. Thankyou

Hello @Imma_Simmer_Round
    Log out of origin. Shut down your computer completely. Then restart your computer. Log in to Origin, and see if the issue remains.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair
  • Options
    Imma_Simmer_RoundImma_Simmer_Round Posts: 2 New Member
    @rosemow thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately, the reset the computer log out of origin method didn't work but fortunately the repair the game did work thankyou
  • Options
    @rosemow thank you for the suggestions, unfortunately, the reset the computer log out of origin method didn't work but fortunately the repair the game did work thankyou

Hello
    I am glad that repairing the game worked :)
  • Options
    couttsie_3couttsie_3 Posts: 6 New Member
    hiya @rosemow i need help urgently. My sims4 won't work.. basically i can get onto origin and press the play button but when i do that my screen goes black, i lag off then i get a pop up saying "the sims4 has quit unexpectedly". I have tried to repair the game, shut down my laptop and sign out of origin, i don't know whether its a Mac thing or just me. please help :) Btw it worked fine earlier. :(
  • Options
    couttsie_3couttsie_3 Posts: 6 New Member
    @rosemow i need help urgently. My sims4 won't work.. basically i can get onto origin and press the play button but when i do that my screen goes black, i lag off then i get a pop up saying "the sims4 has quit unexpectedly". I have tried to repair the game, shut down my laptop and sign out of origin, i don't know whether its a Mac thing or just me. please help :) Btw it worked fine earlier. :(
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    edited March 2018
    couttsie_3 wrote: »
    @rosemow i need help urgently. My sims4 won't work.. basically i can get onto origin and press the play button but when i do that my screen goes black, i lag off then i get a pop up saying "the sims4 has quit unexpectedly". I have tried to repair the game, shut down my laptop and sign out of origin, i don't know whether its a Mac thing or just me. please help :) Btw it worked fine earlier. :(

@couttsie_3 You already posted in the Mac section and where you should be asking your question for game help. People volunteer their time to help other players in this forum. We don't work for EA so you may not get an answer right away. I suggest waiting for a reply in the Mac section where you posted originally. PC gameplay is different than Mac. The Mac section is where you will get the help you need

PS: if no one in the Mac section answers you and you need immediate help, I suggest contacting EA directly for quicker service
  • Options
    hiya @rosemow i need help urgently. My sims4 won't work.. basically i can get onto origin and press the play button but when i do that my screen goes black, i lag off then i get a pop up saying "the sims4 has quit unexpectedly". I have tried to repair the game, shut down my laptop and sign out of origin, i don't know whether its a Mac thing or just me. please help :) Btw it worked fine earlier. :(

Hello @couttsie_3
    Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
    If the issues remain. it would be best to post in the Sims 4 Mac tech section of the forumds
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-technical-discussions
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

@couttsie_3 You already posted in the Mac section and where you should be asking your question for game help. People volunteer their time to help other players in this forum. We don't work for EA so you may not get an answer right away. I suggest waiting for a reply in the Mac section where you posted originally. PC gameplay is different than Mac. The Mac section is where you will get the help you need

PS: if no one in the Mac section answers you and you need immediate help, I suggest contacting EA directly for quicker service

The gameplay help for PC/Mac (and not technical having to do with computers) have been combined into this thread we are in now. There is no separate Mac gameplay help which is what an Origin problem would fall under and would not or should not be in the technical help for MAC.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    phoebebebe13phoebebebe13 Posts: 19,400 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

The gameplay help for PC/Mac (and not technical having to do with computers) have been combined into this thread we are in now. There is no separate Mac gameplay help which is what an Origin problem would fall under and would not or should not be in the technical help for MAC.

Their Mac May not meet requirements to run the game with add ons. Mac helpers do not come over in this thread. Furthermore the person posted same question in several threads one after the other. You should check posting history! ;) There was no point in this person posting the same question in several threads when they started off in Mac to begin with and no point in you responding to me over this issue