Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So...Jungle Adventure should be on Origin and it's not?

The Australian trailer confirms that it is available on Feb 27 in Australia, but it's not on Origin;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKoZpeCkl2k

I literally went to the Library for Internet (I only have Dial Up speed, thanks to living in the middle of nowhere lmao).

All other GP's and SP's are available on the actual day, why have they delayed this?

Comments

• Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    That video looks like the American trailer as I didn't see anything saying Australian anywhere. So that means it'll be released the 27th in America.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    That video looks like the American trailer as I didn't see anything saying Australian anywhere. So that means it'll be released the 27th in America.

It's on the Australian EA YouTube and has the M rating, instead of teen lmao.

They also say "released 27th WW" so i'm so confused haha.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Oh I don't know then sorry, that is weird. Especially if Aus is already on the 27th. I'm guessing it's when the US hits the 27th. Check in 2 hours! If it releases at midnight.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    GP's release at the exact same time worldwide, AFAIK. So for someone like me in GMT +8, it would come out 2 AM my time, which is around 14 hours from now.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @icmnfrsh wrote: »
    GP's release at the exact same time worldwide, AFAIK. So for someone like me in GMT +8, it would come out 2 AM my time, which is around 14 hours from now.

It's so messy! haha. They should really update all the Australian correspondence to match, because it is confusing. I'll just go to the library before Uni tomorrow.
  • Options
    Yeah, it is. But then it's better than waiting for a physical copy to arrive at the store the next morning. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    as linked in another thread: http://simscommunity.info/2018/02/22/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-jungle-adventure/

a countdown! (though i could do without the 'we know how confused many get with time zones'. no matter how true it may be...)
  • Options
    Yeah, it is. But then it's better than waiting for a physical copy to arrive at the store the next morning. :D

So many times during The Sims 2 I would go on launch day, and they'd have like 3 copies that all got sold. And you have to go from store to store checking.

At least I was active haha.
  • Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

So many times during The Sims 2 I would go on launch day, and they'd have like 3 copies that all got sold. And you have to go from store to store checking.

At least I was active haha.

Luckily for me, they didn't sell out that quickly. Nowadays I could just reserve or preorder, though.

• Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I did the same thing here in New Zealand, just hoping in a way LOL. but yeah we need to always add one day for everything ;)
  • Options
    SimiellaSimiella Posts: 36 Member
    Same here in Sweden, Weird
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    really frustrating actually!
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @mcrudd wrote: »
    I did the same thing here in New Zealand, just hoping in a way LOL. but yeah we need to always add one day for everything ;)
    @Simiella wrote: »
    Same here in Sweden, Weird

I'm not going mad though am I? Previously they offered the game as of the date and Aus and NZ just got lucky in getting it early.
    It was the same day WW, regardless of timezones.
    Oh I don't know then sorry, that is weird. Especially if Aus is already on the 27th. I'm guessing it's when the US hits the 27th. Check in 2 hours! If it releases at midnight.

That's okay, one of those things :p
    really frustrating actually!

Annoying since I decided to do all my work today at the library while the game downloaded, now I have to go back to the Library again just to download, lol.
    @kalaksed wrote: »
    as linked in another thread: http://simscommunity.info/2018/02/22/countdown-to-the-release-of-the-sims-4-jungle-adventure/

a countdown! (though i could do without the 'we know how confused many get with time zones'. no matter how true it may be...)

Useful, thank you! :D
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,401 Member
    The Australian trailer confirms that it is available on Feb 27 in Australia, but it's not on Origin;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKoZpeCkl2k

I literally went to the Library for Internet (I only have Dial Up speed, thanks to living in the middle of nowhere lmao).

All other GP's and SP's are available on the actual day, why have they delayed this?

We still have a little over 8 hrs left. Sadly Gamepacks don't get released at midnight like Expansions.
  • Options
    sh0ckw4vessh0ckw4ves Posts: 1 New Member
    Hey guys! (First post!)

I bought Jungle Adventure as a code on Amazon - and it all redeemed fine in Origin. But it doesn't seem to be downloading and just appears in my 'extra content' section as unlocked with a tick - do I still have to wait until 6PM (GMT)? Thanks!
  • Options
    lilacksblilacksb Posts: 440 Member
    sh0ckw4ves wrote: »
    Hey guys! (First post!)

I bought Jungle Adventure as a code on Amazon - and it all redeemed fine in Origin. But it doesn't seem to be downloading and just appears in my 'extra content' section as unlocked with a tick - do I still have to wait until 6PM (GMT)? Thanks!

Yes you do.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,455 Member
    It's on the Australian EA YouTube and has the M rating, instead of teen lmao.

They also say "released 27th WW" so i'm so confused haha.

Just curious, why is it an M rating in Australia?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Stuff packs and game packs release around 10AM California time. Only expansions release at midnight because they are sold in retail stores.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Just over half an hour to go
  • Options
    shadyladynzshadyladynz Posts: 68 Member
    I can never understand this ---NZ is ALWAYS a day ahead of the rest of the world so why, I repeat WHY do we have to wait the extra day..SO not fair! Believe it or not, (at the risk of getting told off), the world does NOT revolve around the US!
    Rant over.
    0rqatopx73kc_zpsa779gqg6.jpg?t=1509333538
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I can never understand this ---NZ is ALWAYS a day ahead of the rest of the world so why, I repeat WHY do we have to wait the extra day..SO not fair! Believe it or not, (at the risk of getting told off), the world does NOT revolve around the US!
    Rant over.

Not telling you off, but since the company operates in the US, it is based of a set time in a US time zone. It released at 10 am PST. I live in EST, so it did not release until noon in my time zone. So the game pack released on February 27th at 10 am PST. That was the set release.
  • Options
    SimiellaSimiella Posts: 36 Member
    An now it is out on Origin!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,837 Member
    edited February 2018
    Rant over.

You really shouldn't look at it as waiting an "extra day". The clock time is different, but you are getting it at the same time everyone else can.
    In previous iterations, some others outside the US actually did have to wait a few days for release in their countries.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    mshadaimshadai Posts: 75 Member
    Rant over.

we in Aussieland have to wait to just like NZ like @mcrudd I add a day to all realease dates then buy it straight from Origin onine I'm guaranteed a copy just this week I didn't have my $$ put aside wish I paid for it last fortnight often I do or put it aside doh me Live n learn yet Sims 4 is the only game I buy everything in
    "One Day At A Time" - If that seems too long, lets try a hour, minute or second. and remember to Breathe, Pray, Love :D Marg