Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4's development is ending?

Comments

• Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @JoAnne65 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »
    @Sigzy05 wrote: »
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    AuzzPanda wrote: »
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I doubt it. This is the first game where we've only gotten 1 EP in a year. (For 2016 and 2017) It feels like things are moving slower here.

This is also the first game of the series that got the indepth specialty game packs - so keep that in mind.

Well yes but in TS3, for example, the combination of a game pack and an expansion of TS4 would pretty much add up to the same amount of content. Pretty sure GP's and half baked EP's is just a marketing move for more money :p

You know something I own the entire Sims 3 store - bought most of it the day the store content came out. Money seems to be your issue - not mine. I like a game or content I buy the game and content. Not my issue. Don't care what you think - if it is worth it to me - I buy it.

You know what I would have issue with - is if the game didn't keep producing content. If it was up to me Sims 4 would have had a Sims 4 store as well - and most likely I'd bought all of that content also.

Did the same thing in Sims 2. The value of the a dollar for Sims stuff compared to any other form of entertainment out there - to me it is worth it. Seeing I am still also playing those games as well. It's in the eye of the beholder. You want to call it a money grab - well don't buy it. What can I say. That's totally on you - not me. Not my problem.

The formula has worked for 18 years and still rules and keeps the Sims still doing as well as it ever did. So obviously many people agree - we will keep on playing and keep on buying maybe the same way for another 18 years. Let us hope so anyway. Can't help the fact you cannot wrap your head around the idea.
    If you bought all Store content the day it was released you obviously indeed didn’t have a money issue. Me however have never been able to afford that, nor needed it for that matter. I don’t think the point is what we can afford or are willing to spend on the game here. Those ‘in depth’ GP’s just offer content that used to be in one EP in the past. Like I stated in another topic: this GP will cost half of what WA cost, but it won’t contain half of what WA delivered. Not by a long shot.

It's too soon to say that. If the rumors are true that there is a dungeon that is randomly generated and loaded, and different every time, then that is already better than the finite dungeons of World Adventures. Especially if we can still build them ourselves.
    True, time will tell. We’ll get back to that then ;) There is one dungeon (WA has 25 that, unlike what @jackjack_k states, aren’t clones; besides, who says the resetted dungeons won’t be clones in that respect, having the same kind of gameplay?) So unless that dungeon has 25 very different scenarios that will take your sims days to explore and totally different looks and atmospheres, we can compare. And it would be amazing if we can build them ourselves (like we can in Sims 3 so we can create as many dungeons for that game as we like), but if that’s the case I will be pleasantly surprised.

And that’s dungeons, there is much more to WA, like those huge and amazing worlds that aren’t clones either (like the event in my signature, that’s strictly Al Simhara). And indeed the nectar making and the martial arts. WA happens to be the most in depth and biggest one of them all.

I’ve only been to Twikii Island by the way. A hotel, a restaurant, a beach and ruins. How were the other worlds different?

I never said the tombs were clones. I said the gameplay surrounding the world was cloned, it’s basically the same gameplay copied 3 times over with slight differences. Each world has the same community lot functions (thanks to the registers), the same gameplay (tombs) etc.

The only thing that was different was how Sims were dressed and how the world was decorated. Even some of the adventure scripting would duplicate world to world. A Sim in Egypt could send you on the exact same mission as a Sim in China sent you on (eg. Collect 3 platinum)

In Bon Voyage, Three Lakes was a mountain rage camping world, where you could hunt for Bigfoot, go camping, sit round the fireplace, go fishing etc and experience a unique kind of vacation there.

Travel to Twikii Island, and it’s a Hotel resort with beaches and tropical gameplay, and it’s just a completely different experience.

Imagine if WA came with Egypt with tombs, and then Isla Paradiso for tropical gameplay and then Granite Falls for a camping getaway (although obviously on a smaller scale).

It was still different gameplay.

But the question you asked is if this game Pack could offer half the content of WA.

And it’s entirely possible. If they trim the fat (eg having multiple locations offering the same gameplay) and focus the budget in offering the gameplay, there’s no reason why they can’t fit half of WA or more into this.

WA was an adventure pack, not a holiday pack. In China you can practice martial arts and challenge other sims (have competitions), in France you can collect grapes and learn how to make nectar, in Egypt you can learn to charm a snake and when you get cursed by a mummy you can plead to the sphinx to be cured. Not possible in the other worlds. What the three worlds do have in common is that they are tomb based, but that’s because that’s the theme of the pack. Vacation was handled in IP.

Apart from this: you’re comparing a TS2 EP to a TS3 EP. My point was that the EP’s of the old games are much richer than the TS4 GP’s. So if anything you are confirming my point (and inspiring me to open my Sims 2 game again by the way ;)).

But that’s exactly what I’m saying. Those are minor things that set the worlds apart. But that doesn’t mean each world in WA was a new experience.

For example, the could still have Martial Arts and Nectar Making (Martial Arts and Wine are still HUGE cultural traditions for Egyptians, and actually date back to ancient times) merge the tombs from other worlds to Egypt and you wouldn’t miss out on any gameplay.

However, cut Three Lakes’ from BV and suddenly a 3rd of the EP’s gameplay is taken away.

It doesn’t confirm your point at all. Your point was Jungle Adventures wouldn’t contain even half of WA’s gameplay. But really, WA’s core mechanics are straightforward and spread over huge areas.

Space wise, of course WA wins.
    But gameplay wise, it’s entirely possible for this GP to provide at least half of the gameplay that came with WA.

But interestingly, this will also mean that The Sims 4’s travel destinations also offer unique gameplay cantered around the world rather than duplicating the same experience with only one factor separating them.

I loved WA and this isn’t me dragging it down. It’s just that a lot of the EP was exploration focused, and this GP sounds like it’s more going to be about gameplay experiences rather than exploration, in which case just means that’s it’s entirely possible they can match the variety of gameplay that WA had.

Because outside Tomb Exploration, it had 2 skills and a minor life state/curse. And it’s probably likely that we’re going to get Tomb Exploration, 2 skills associated with gameplay items & a minor life state/curse.

WA had more than 2 skills?

Nectar making
    Photography
    Martial Arts
    Hidden Snake charming skill

Also GP's haven't brought more than 1 skill and I'm not sure a GP with a new skill, at least one new death type and a world would be able to also have budget for a new lifestate.

Well we have a Skeleton in the trailer, so I imagine there will be different gameplay around being a skeleton, who knows at this point.

I meant 2 skills that related to the world in general. Photography is universal. If we see what WA actually brought to the table without looking at the world size, it's just more than possible for a Game Pack to offer at least half of WA.

So maybe 1 skill (maybe 2, sounds like there a could be 2 from what we know).

And correction, Vampires came with 2 skills :)
    Sure, without looking at at the worldS sizeS, and without looking at nectar making and martial arts and photography, and without looking at 25 different tombs with numerous ways and tools to explore it, and without looking at the fact we can create tombs ourselves, without looking at the adventures system, without looking at the building up visa points and being able to buy a vacation home abroad, without looking at the mummy curse and the different ways to cure it (or not), without looking at all the collectables the game offered, the different meals, learning local songs, new lifetime wishes and traits, without looking at all that, a GP could very well deliver half of that.

This post is funny now that Jungle Adventure has been revealed to be bigger than half of WA.

It even has 2 thirds of WA’s Buy Catalog, with 184 items. Gameplay wise, there’s much more depth collecting relics, and the Temple still provides many different tombs and challenges that will last more than 25 never changing tombs. It even has better markets and exclusive community areas (WA literally had Sims behind registers and that was it).

As I said, cut the worlds out, and focusing purely on gameplay, Jungle Adventure has been able to replicate more than half of WA.

Exploration wise, yes, WA is bigger. But that was to be expected when Jungle Adventure was the price of a Sims 3 Stuff Pack
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    elelunicy wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I will have to disagree that TS2 EPs weren't bigger. In FT alone there were 124 new objects, 73 new walls and floors, and of course several new hidden lots to vistit, new aspirations (more than one), new gameplay, and that isn't even counting any new hair, makeup or clothes. All sorts of items not even counted since Sims have to make them etc. TS4 EPs are very slim compared to TS2 EPs. And only cost $29.99. And new townies and NPCs just in that one EP.

124 new objects is very few for an EP. Some TS4 GPs have that many objects.

Saying there were 73 new walls & floors is extremely misleading, as floor/wall recolors of the same pattern count as separate items in TS2. Spa Day for example would have 188 new walls & floors if it counted like that.

Also TS2 expansions cost $34.99, not $29.99. After adjusting for inflation TS2 EPs are actually more expensive than TS4 EPs.

Source:
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sims-2-work-retail/1100-6145006/
    The Sims 2 Open for Business is rated T for Teen and retails for $34.99.
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sims-2-nightlife-boogies-over-to-factory/1100-6132168/
    The Sims 2 Nightlife will retail for $34.99 and is rated T for Teen. It will require the original Sims 2 to play.

Most TS2 EPs were very lacking. Seasons, Pets, Bon Voyage, OFB, Apartment Life, etc. all barely have much content by today's standards.

LOL??

It's true, although Bon Voyage and Pets is debatable. They're all slightly bigger than a Sims 4 GP.
    OFB, AL and Free Time are basically a GP once you take out the Life State. OFB didn't even come with a Life State as the Servo is an NPC.

Life States were often used in The Sims 2 days to stretch out content. Packs like Bon Voyage show the Sims 2 could have heaps of content as well as a new Life State.

Take away Witches from AL for example, and what's left?

New neighbourhood, apartment lots, reputation system, walking to lots, ability to view all the neighbours in a world instead of just your house, social classes and social groups, roomate system, playground equipment, street performers, vending machines, murphy bed, circular stairs, food stands etc.

Exactly. Basically a Game Pack.

Reputation System - not even user controlled. Basically does very little.
    Walk to Lot - adds nothing.
    Ability to view all the neighbors in a world and not just your house - this came much earlier (it’s in Sims Life Stories for example) and again, does nothing.
    Social Classes and Social Groups - again, add a little spice but isn’t gameplay. Just some background fodder that again can’t be user controlled.
    Roommate System - it’s not really hard to have Sims on lots that are uncontrolled. They basically took scraps from University to build the Apartment System.

The rest are only a small sample of gameplay items that you’d expect more of from an EP.

“New Neighborhood” lets not pretend that Sims 2 Neighborhoods were anything more than what we already had. It required less effort than Newcrest.

If Apartment Life was released today without Witches, as a Game Pack, it would be okay, but probably compared to Spa Day (very specific, only used occasionally).

But if they were to release it as an EP exactly how it was back then, the backlash would be the biggest for The Sims yet. People would call Witches half baked, and complain about how there’s no gameplay outside of preset social groups and a couple of gameplay items that don’t really change anything.

It’s literally Apartments and Witches, the rest was there to fill up space, no one would care about the Social Groups and Reputation System today, if they were the main features.

That’s something you’d expect as a small little background feature that probably got a quick mention in a live stream.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @Cinebar wrote: »
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    I doubt it. This is the first game where we've only gotten 1 EP in a year. (For 2016 and 2017) It feels like things are moving slower here.

This is also the first game of the series that got the indepth specialty game packs - so keep that in mind.

Well yes but in TS3, for example, the combination of a game pack and an expansion of TS4 would pretty much add up to the same amount of content. Pretty sure GP's and half baked EP's is just a marketing move for more money :p

I agree. Once the new GP drops the game and all dlc will be over £400. More expensive than any of the predecessors. ( I worked it out)

That’s doesn’t seem right at all.
    The Sims 4 is still the cheapest out of all the games excluding the original.

If you want to ignore The Sims 2 store (which to have everything cost over $1200+) and The Sims 3 Store (which is over several thousand dollars) and The Sims 3 world Packs (which cost anywhere between $20 and $50) then you’d have to ignore The Sims 4’s Stuff Packs and Game Packs.

Stuff Packs replaces the store sets, and SimGuruDaniel confirmed that World Packs wouldn’t be coming to because they introduced Game Packs.

Just because The Sims 2 & 3 stores weren’t “packs” doesn’t mean they don’t count as the total cost of the game.

I’m only adding up what my games cost me. All my sims 2s collection cost me a little over £300. Not including the store as I didn’t buy from that. I can’t remeber the exact figure. But stuff packs were £9.99 and EPs were 19.99 I actually still have my boxes with the prices on as I’m a hoarder of all my sims games even though most use digital :smile:

My sims 3 expansions cost £24.99 and my stuff packs cost me 12.99 at time of release. Again I have my boxes to hand. Some of my boxes say 9.99 but they were bought shortly after release. I have store content but I haven’t paid for a single penny of it because I got points for redeeming my expansions and I watched a ton of ads and got lots of free points that way. I only started that within the last year. I paid for one world (Roaring Heights), was gifted Barnacle Bay and the Dragon valley with a EA voucher and the rest I got with my points and two people generously gifted me two for free.

I know the store is crazy expensive, hence why I wouldn’t have used it at the time of release and I’ll never own all the strore as I refuse to pay for it. I have a little over 7GB and I’m happy. But more importantly the store in 2 and 3 is not essential to my game I can still have fun without it, I feel the sims 4 with only EPs is very lacking and the current method of slicing dlc into little parts is a cash grab the way the store was. But a player can enjoy the sims 3 without the store, I know I did for years for both versions. I didn’t even know there was a sims 2 store until last year. My games weren’t lacking for it. A sims 4 game with no stuff packs or game packs is a very empty game indeed. I get it’s replaced the store but the difference for me is the store wasn’t a necessity in the past, the games were still fleshed out and had lots of activities (with the exception of toddler stuff in the sims 3) my games had lots to do.
    Whereas in 4 stuff packs are essential for gsme play as the game is thin without them. Want to go bowling? £9.99 please! Ditto do the laundry, ditto getting the rock wall or the ball pit and getting more clothes for your toddlers if you don’t want to use cc. If you want a restaurant it’s behind a £14.99 pay wall, If you want more things for kids to do like puppet theatres you pay 9.99 for the honour, same if you want more realistic children and teens you pay for parenthood. Without those packs the game feels very empty. Amd I appreciate not everyone feels that way but it’s how I feel and a few others I know feel. I envy those who can enjoy this game.

The only thing I got from the store that my game sorely needed was the toddler set. The rest is a lovely to have but I can play my game without my store content. I wouldn’t play the sims 4 with only Expansions. And as said not everyone paid money for their store content. One was a luxury and one is an expensive neccesity.

With the price increase expansions are the most expensive they have ever been.

When I added it all up the sims 4 is not the cheapest when I compare what I paid for my previous games. But for arguments sake if you buy the sims 4 right now your costs are:

Stuff packs right now 9.99 x13 = £129.87
    Game packs 6 (including the jungle one) 17.99 x 6 =107.94
    Expansions 34.99 x4 = 139.96

Base game standard editon 34.99
    Digital deluxe 44.99

Total= £412.76 if buying digital deluxe game, £422.76

If you bought the sims 3 now in origin it’s slightly more at just under £450 but I can’t speak for the costs on steam and I know steam have it on sale quite frequently, one thing is for sure though, the sims 4 will be more expensive when it releases another EP. As it’s not finished it will be the most expensive game of them all by the time it’s done.

About Sims 2. I liked that game but never actually played it that much. To me it was a bit boring. I liked creating my own stuff with the bodyshop but spent less time actually playing. Sims 3 was better for gameplay and also for creativity but it had lot of bugs. Sims 2 expansions are good but they are not necessarily any more full of content than EPs for Sims 4. I had to use lot of CC for Sims 2. It had only 4 base skincolors and 5 eye colors. Sims 4 had 12 skincolors, eyes and haircolors in the basegame. I dont see how it has less when you do some counting. Maybe it just feels like more because it was so new and exiting back then.

I will have to disagree that TS2 EPs weren't bigger. In FT alone there were 124 new objects, 73 new walls and floors, and of course several new hidden lots to vistit, new aspirations (more than one), new gameplay, and that isn't even counting any new hair, makeup or clothes. All sorts of items not even counted since Sims have to make them etc. TS4 EPs are very slim compared to TS2 EPs. And only cost $29.99. And new townies and NPCs just in that one EP.

Everything you described here basically sounds like a slightly fuller Sims 4 Game Pack, lol.

The Sims 2 Expansions were well executed though, but they weren't as big as EPs now. Compare Sims 2 Uni with Sims 3 Uni and it's like 3x the size.

Even Superstar and Makin Magic were bigger than some of the Sims 2 EPs.

If they weren't bigger than the EPs for TS4, then pray tell me, where are my 73 new floors and wall coverings in any of the EPs in TS4? I must have over looked them. I'm not comparing TS3 to TS4 or TS2. I was disagreeing the with the poster who said TS2 EPs weren't any bigger than they are right now..I beg to differ, because if so, where are my 73 new walls and floors in one EP? :D

a) I can’t beleive that you’re trying to convince me that Walls and Floor patterns determine how big a EP is. You’ve obviously got nothing to compete otherwise with the amount of content we’re getting.

b) You do realise that out of those 72, that The Sims 2 didn’t have swatches so every recolour took up its own slot. Counting all versions, we even get way more than that in a Sims 4 EP. Every new wallpaper or floor comes with 5 - 30 different swatches, easily surpassing 72.

C’mon Cinebar, let’s not fall this specific, and call a spade a spade.
    Besides BV, The Sims 2 Expansions were basically halfway between a S4 Game Pack and Expansion.

That doesn’t mean The Sims 4’s Expansions are better, just bigger. Some of the EP’s have over 500 items (not including walls and floors, or it would be over 600 ;) )
  • Options
    DeservedCriticismDeservedCriticism Posts: 2,251 Member

You know something I own the entire Sims 3 store - bought most of it the day the store content came out. Money seems to be your issue - not mine. I like a game or content I buy the game and content. Not my issue. Don't care what you think - if it is worth it to me - I buy it.

You know what I would have issue with - is if the game didn't keep producing content. If it was up to me Sims 4 would have had a Sims 4 store as well - and most likely I'd bought all of that content also.

Did the same thing in Sims 2. The value of the a dollar for Sims stuff compared to any other form of entertainment out there - to me it is worth it. Seeing I am still also playing those games as well. It's in the eye of the beholder. You want to call it a money grab - well don't buy it. What can I say. That's totally on you - not me. Not my problem.

The formula has worked for 18 years and still rules and keeps the Sims still doing as well as it ever did. So obviously many people agree - we will keep on playing and keep on buying maybe the same way for another 18 years. Let us hope so anyway. Can't help the fact you cannot wrap your head around the idea.
    If you bought all Store content the day it was released you obviously indeed didn’t have a money issue. Me however have never been able to afford that, nor needed it for that matter. I don’t think the point is what we can afford or are willing to spend on the game here. Those ‘in depth’ GP’s just offer content that used to be in one EP in the past. Like I stated in another topic: this GP will cost half of what WA cost, but it won’t contain half of what WA delivered. Not by a long shot.

It's too soon to say that. If the rumors are true that there is a dungeon that is randomly generated and loaded, and different every time, then that is already better than the finite dungeons of World Adventures. Especially if we can still build them ourselves.
    True, time will tell. We’ll get back to that then ;) There is one dungeon (WA has 25 that, unlike what @jackjack_k states, aren’t clones; besides, who says the resetted dungeons won’t be clones in that respect, having the same kind of gameplay?) So unless that dungeon has 25 very different scenarios that will take your sims days to explore and totally different looks and atmospheres, we can compare. And it would be amazing if we can build them ourselves (like we can in Sims 3 so we can create as many dungeons for that game as we like), but if that’s the case I will be pleasantly surprised.

And that’s dungeons, there is much more to WA, like those huge and amazing worlds that aren’t clones either (like the event in my signature, that’s strictly Al Simhara). And indeed the nectar making and the martial arts. WA happens to be the most in depth and biggest one of them all.

I’ve only been to Twikii Island by the way. A hotel, a restaurant, a beach and ruins. How were the other worlds different?

I never said the tombs were clones. I said the gameplay surrounding the world was cloned, it’s basically the same gameplay copied 3 times over with slight differences. Each world has the same community lot functions (thanks to the registers), the same gameplay (tombs) etc.

The only thing that was different was how Sims were dressed and how the world was decorated. Even some of the adventure scripting would duplicate world to world. A Sim in Egypt could send you on the exact same mission as a Sim in China sent you on (eg. Collect 3 platinum)

In Bon Voyage, Three Lakes was a mountain rage camping world, where you could hunt for Bigfoot, go camping, sit round the fireplace, go fishing etc and experience a unique kind of vacation there.

Travel to Twikii Island, and it’s a Hotel resort with beaches and tropical gameplay, and it’s just a completely different experience.

Imagine if WA came with Egypt with tombs, and then Isla Paradiso for tropical gameplay and then Granite Falls for a camping getaway (although obviously on a smaller scale).

But the question you asked is if this game Pack could offer half the content of WA.

And it’s entirely possible. If they trim the fat (eg having multiple locations offering the same gameplay) and focus the budget in offering the gameplay, there’s no reason why they can’t fit half of WA or more into this.

WA was an adventure pack, not a holiday pack. In China you can practice martial arts and challenge other sims (have competitions), in France you can collect grapes and learn how to make nectar, in Egypt you can learn to charm a snake and when you get cursed by a mummy you can plead to the sphinx to be cured. Not possible in the other worlds. What the three worlds do have in common is that they are tomb based, but that’s because that’s the theme of the pack. Vacation was handled in IP.

Apart from this: you’re comparing a TS2 EP to a TS3 EP. My point was that the EP’s of the old games are much richer than the TS4 GP’s. So if anything you are confirming my point (and inspiring me to open my Sims 2 game again by the way ;)).

But that’s exactly what I’m saying. Those are minor things that set the worlds apart. But that doesn’t mean each world in WA was a new experience.

For example, the could still have Martial Arts and Nectar Making (Martial Arts and Wine are still HUGE cultural traditions for Egyptians, and actually date back to ancient times) merge the tombs from other worlds to Egypt and you wouldn’t miss out on any gameplay.

However, cut Three Lakes’ from BV and suddenly a 3rd of the EP’s gameplay is taken away.

It doesn’t confirm your point at all. Your point was Jungle Adventures wouldn’t contain even half of WA’s gameplay. But really, WA’s core mechanics are straightforward and spread over huge areas.

But gameplay wise, it’s entirely possible for this GP to provide at least half of the gameplay that came with WA.

But interestingly, this will also mean that The Sims 4’s travel destinations also offer unique gameplay cantered around the world rather than duplicating the same experience with only one factor separating them.

I loved WA and this isn’t me dragging it down. It’s just that a lot of the EP was exploration focused, and this GP sounds like it’s more going to be about gameplay experiences rather than exploration, in which case just means that’s it’s entirely possible they can match the variety of gameplay that WA had.

Because outside Tomb Exploration, it had 2 skills and a minor life state/curse. And it’s probably likely that we’re going to get Tomb Exploration, 2 skills associated with gameplay items & a minor life state/curse.

Nectar making
    Photography
    Martial Arts

Also GP's haven't brought more than 1 skill and I'm not sure a GP with a new skill, at least one new death type and a world would be able to also have budget for a new lifestate.

Well we have a Skeleton in the trailer, so I imagine there will be different gameplay around being a skeleton, who knows at this point.

I meant 2 skills that related to the world in general. Photography is universal. If we see what WA actually brought to the table without looking at the world size, it's just more than possible for a Game Pack to offer at least half of WA.

Sure, without looking at at the worldS sizeS, and without looking at nectar making and martial arts and photography, and without looking at 25 different tombs with numerous ways and tools to explore it, and without looking at the fact we can create tombs ourselves, without looking at the adventures system, without looking at the building up visa points and being able to buy a vacation home abroad, without looking at the mummy curse and the different ways to cure it (or not), without looking at all the collectables the game offered, the different meals, learning local songs, new lifetime wishes and traits, without looking at all that, a GP could very well deliver half of that.

This post is funny now that Jungle Adventure has been revealed to be bigger than half of WA.

Has anyone ever told you you have a talent for making outlandish claims with zero supporting evidence while treating them as though they were facts? You do this all the time, and I never understand what you hope to accomplish by making bold claims, providing no evidence supporting them, and yet you want to continue the conversation as though your word is law and everyone should treat what you just said as irrefutable fact.

We have not played Jungle Adventure. None of us can gauge it's size perfectly. It's ridiculous to think we can even make such a call right now.

However, the recent stream did reveal there's only five temple layouts with random placement of traps, though the traps always appear at the same preset locations. Having five different layouts means that Jungle Adventure has less temple layouts than one of World Adventure's three worlds.

Based on everything we know, this doesn't even seem like a comparison at all and Jungle Adventure seems like it will provide about 1/6th of the dungeon content for half of the price. If we worked off dungeon layouts as a means of gauging price, then Jungle Adventures seems to actually be overcharging us significantly.
    It even has 2 thirds of WA’s Buy Catalog, with 184 items.

I cannot caution against this kind of measurement enough. City Living's catalog was padded with paintings, Cats and Dogs was padded with wall decals. The actual quality of the content matters. In this case, I think both do a good job of providing unique styles, but once again World Adventures had more styles on offer.
    Gameplay wise, there’s much more depth collecting relics

We know practically nothing about the depth of these relics. It could be practically zero, it could be amazing. We have no idea.
    and the Temple still provides many different tombs and challenges

To be honest, of everything on your list, this seems like the most easily refutable. They basically told us what kind of challenges we'll see, and it sounds like there's maybe a total of 5-6 different traps. Talking head, mood floor plate, the archaeology bowls, two variations of matching symbol puzzles and then things like a spider falling on you. The traps also cannot be hidden, while the World Adventure ones could. Yes, World Adventures used the same fire trap everywhere, but through the means of hidden traps, switches and triggers, they could pop up in various ways and be solved in various ways. The focus was less on the traps and more on the puzzles involving the traps.

The same cannot be said for these traps, which are out in the open and easily seen. The only question here is how to solve them, which once again doesn't seem too complex.
    "Who are you, that do not know your history?"
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018

Nectar making
    Photography
    Martial Arts

It even has 2 thirds of WA’s Buy Catalog, with 184 items. Gameplay wise, there’s much more depth collecting relics, and the Temple still provides many different tombs and challenges that will last more than 25 never changing tombs. It even has better markets and exclusive community areas (WA literally had Sims behind registers and that was it).

As I said, cut the worlds out, and focusing purely on gameplay, Jungle Adventure has been able to replicate more than half of WA.

Exploration wise, yes, WA is bigger. But that was to be expected when Jungle Adventure was the price of a Sims 3 Stuff Pack
    I don’t even know where to start.... But believe what you believe ;)

ETA: oh, @DeservedCriticism , thanks :D Let me confine myself to: I rest my case in relation to that post. Even more so unfortunately than I feared. I was looking forward to this pack and I’m still going to buy it, but I believe it fell flat on its face*, especially since we know and have WA.

*in terms of adventuring I should add, I don’t think it’s a bad pack in general, it looks beautiful and has some nice additions
    Post edited by JoAnne65 on
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I'm in a hurry to get TS5 (but this time I'll wait to see if it's worthy) but I want that they improve TS4. There's a lot of things that are missing.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

Nectar making
    Photography
    Martial Arts

ETA: oh, @DeservedCriticism , thanks :D Let me confine myself to: I rest my case in relation to that post. Even more so unfortunately than I feared. I was looking forward to this pack and I’m still going to buy it, but I believe it fell flat on its face, especially since we know and have WA.

I lost interest as soon as I saw the second temple livestream. Really boring and flat imo.

Yeah there are 5 different temple layouts, but I couldn't care less about a glorified basement with a few treasure chests and a few 'traps'.

The only thing I like about the Jungle pack is the world itself, because it looks beautiful, but again.. gameplay wise? Meh.

I liked WA much better.
  • Options
    rudy8292 wrote: »

Nectar making
    Photography
    Martial Arts

ETA: oh, @DeservedCriticism , thanks :D Let me confine myself to: I rest my case in relation to that post. Even more so unfortunately than I feared. I was looking forward to this pack and I’m still going to buy it, but I believe it fell flat on its face, especially since we know and have WA.

I lost interest as soon as I saw the second temple livestream. Really boring and flat imo.

Yeah there are 5 different temple layouts, but I couldn't care less about a glorified basement with a few treasure chests and a few 'traps'.

The only thing I like about the Jungle pack is the world itself, because it looks beautiful, but again.. gameplay wise? Meh.

I liked WA much better.

Same, I love all what is in this pack except the exploration of the temple. It seems really boring.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Anyway, it's not the topic of the thread.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    I've seen some "game changers" travelling this coming week, pretty sure they're announcing something this week. Maybe the last EP and the TS5 at EA Play. I really want The Sims 4 to end lol
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • Options
    I've seen some "game changers" travelling this coming week, pretty sure they're announcing something this week. Maybe the last EP and the TS5 at EA Play. I really want The Sims 4 to end lol

I don't understand. Game changers? Can you explain?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member

I doubt it. But who did you see travel?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2018
    Jadeleine wrote: »

I agree. Once the new GP drops the game and all dlc will be over £400. More expensive than any of the predecessors. ( I worked it out)

That’s doesn’t seem right at all.
    The Sims 4 is still the cheapest out of all the games excluding the original.

If you want to ignore The Sims 2 store (which to have everything cost over $1200+) and The Sims 3 Store (which is over several thousand dollars) and The Sims 3 world Packs (which cost anywhere between $20 and $50) then you’d have to ignore The Sims 4’s Stuff Packs and Game Packs.

Stuff Packs replaces the store sets, and SimGuruDaniel confirmed that World Packs wouldn’t be coming to because they introduced Game Packs.

Just because The Sims 2 & 3 stores weren’t “packs” doesn’t mean they don’t count as the total cost of the game.

I’m only adding up what my games cost me. All my sims 2s collection cost me a little over £300. Not including the store as I didn’t buy from that. I can’t remeber the exact figure. But stuff packs were £9.99 and EPs were 19.99 I actually still have my boxes with the prices on as I’m a hoarder of all my sims games even though most use digital :smile:

My sims 3 expansions cost £24.99 and my stuff packs cost me 12.99 at time of release. Again I have my boxes to hand. Some of my boxes say 9.99 but they were bought shortly after release. I have store content but I haven’t paid for a single penny of it because I got points for redeeming my expansions and I watched a ton of ads and got lots of free points that way. I only started that within the last year. I paid for one world (Roaring Heights), was gifted Barnacle Bay and the Dragon valley with a EA voucher and the rest I got with my points and two people generously gifted me two for free.

I know the store is crazy expensive, hence why I wouldn’t have used it at the time of release and I’ll never own all the strore as I refuse to pay for it. I have a little over 7GB and I’m happy. But more importantly the store in 2 and 3 is not essential to my game I can still have fun without it, I feel the sims 4 with only EPs is very lacking and the current method of slicing dlc into little parts is a cash grab the way the store was. But a player can enjoy the sims 3 without the store, I know I did for years for both versions. I didn’t even know there was a sims 2 store until last year. My games weren’t lacking for it. A sims 4 game with no stuff packs or game packs is a very empty game indeed. I get it’s replaced the store but the difference for me is the store wasn’t a necessity in the past, the games were still fleshed out and had lots of activities (with the exception of toddler stuff in the sims 3) my games had lots to do.
    Whereas in 4 stuff packs are essential for gsme play as the game is thin without them. Want to go bowling? £9.99 please! Ditto do the laundry, ditto getting the rock wall or the ball pit and getting more clothes for your toddlers if you don’t want to use cc. If you want a restaurant it’s behind a £14.99 pay wall, If you want more things for kids to do like puppet theatres you pay 9.99 for the honour, same if you want more realistic children and teens you pay for parenthood. Without those packs the game feels very empty. Amd I appreciate not everyone feels that way but it’s how I feel and a few others I know feel. I envy those who can enjoy this game.

The only thing I got from the store that my game sorely needed was the toddler set. The rest is a lovely to have but I can play my game without my store content. I wouldn’t play the sims 4 with only Expansions. And as said not everyone paid money for their store content. One was a luxury and one is an expensive neccesity.

With the price increase expansions are the most expensive they have ever been.

When I added it all up the sims 4 is not the cheapest when I compare what I paid for my previous games. But for arguments sake if you buy the sims 4 right now your costs are:

Stuff packs right now 9.99 x13 = £129.87
    Game packs 6 (including the jungle one) 17.99 x 6 =107.94
    Expansions 34.99 x4 = 139.96

Base game standard editon 34.99
    Digital deluxe 44.99

Total= £412.76 if buying digital deluxe game, £422.76

If you bought the sims 3 now in origin it’s slightly more at just under £450 but I can’t speak for the costs on steam and I know steam have it on sale quite frequently, one thing is for sure though, the sims 4 will be more expensive when it releases another EP. As it’s not finished it will be the most expensive game of them all by the time it’s done.

About Sims 2. I liked that game but never actually played it that much. To me it was a bit boring. I liked creating my own stuff with the bodyshop but spent less time actually playing. Sims 3 was better for gameplay and also for creativity but it had lot of bugs. Sims 2 expansions are good but they are not necessarily any more full of content than EPs for Sims 4. I had to use lot of CC for Sims 2. It had only 4 base skincolors and 5 eye colors. Sims 4 had 12 skincolors, eyes and haircolors in the basegame. I dont see how it has less when you do some counting. Maybe it just feels like more because it was so new and exiting back then.

Everything you described here basically sounds like a slightly fuller Sims 4 Game Pack, lol.

The Sims 2 Expansions were well executed though, but they weren't as big as EPs now. Compare Sims 2 Uni with Sims 3 Uni and it's like 3x the size.

Even Superstar and Makin Magic were bigger than some of the Sims 2 EPs.

If they weren't bigger than the EPs for TS4, then pray tell me, where are my 73 new floors and wall coverings in any of the EPs in TS4? I must have over looked them. I'm not comparing TS3 to TS4 or TS2. I was disagreeing the with the poster who said TS2 EPs weren't any bigger than they are right now..I beg to differ, because if so, where are my 73 new walls and floors in one EP? :D

a) I can’t beleive that you’re trying to convince me that Walls and Floor patterns determine how big a EP is. You’ve obviously got nothing to compete otherwise with the amount of content we’re getting.

b) You do realise that out of those 72, that The Sims 2 didn’t have swatches so every recolour took up its own slot. Counting all versions, we even get way more than that in a Sims 4 EP. Every new wallpaper or floor comes with 5 - 30 different swatches, easily surpassing 72.

C’mon Cinebar, let’s not fall this specific, and call a spade a spade.
    Besides BV, The Sims 2 Expansions were basically halfway between a S4 Game Pack and Expansion.

That doesn’t mean The Sims 4’s Expansions are better, just bigger. Some of the EP’s have over 500 items (not including walls and floors, or it would be over 600 ;) )

If you are happy with one new vinyl once in a blue moon then more power to you, and no I counted the content before I made the comments and they were not simply 'recolors' of the same design. Less is never more, but you keep swallowing that kool-aid I woke up several months ago. And if that is snarky it will have to be snarky reply because you dished it out, and I'm just returning the favor of snarkiness.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member

At EA PLAY 2018, players looking for intense action will have a chance to play the next Battlefield™ experience, all the upcoming EA SPORTS™ games, and get an inside look at the stunning new action game, Anthem™. For a more lighthearted fare, gamers will get to play The Sims™ 4, as well as EA’s biggest mobile hits. For those able to make it to Hollywood, there’s a lot in store: hundreds of game stations, awesome game demos, lots of experiences for attendees and families, including music, art, food, souvenirs and entertainment for everyone.

EA Play is June 9-11. They'll probably be showcasing Sims 4 and Sims Mobile.
  • Options
    TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member

Game Changers is an EA program where youtube content creators can get early access on games with some...benefits. So Yep, example of this was youtubers who get early access codes. I think this program started on with FIFA then transferred to other ea games.

While it sounds good, Its not the best for the franchise. I hear many people saying that Maxis has stopped giving LGR early access to packs because Maxis don't want him to be negative, but this game changers program is the result why lgr didn't get an early copy. Basically a youtuber should email the Sims GM to be able to be part of Game Changers Program. another thing that I don't like is that the publisher(EA) focuses on Youtubers so much that in The Sims they are forgetting that there are more into it. It resulted into pr backlash during the launch of City Living. A lot of fans that are always invited to SimCamp are been removed from the list because they aren't youtubers. So Yep, that's the Game Changer Program, a way to engage players through having sponsored videos on youtubers that plays their content.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member
    edited February 2018
    TS5 announcement perhaps?? :o

June is too soon for an EP announcement isn’t it?
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member

Who’s to say they have to announce anything there? Sims 4 didn’t see any significant announcements at EA Play last year.
  • Options
    keylimepiesimskeylimepiesims Posts: 1,908 Member

Who’s to say they have to announce anything there? Sims 4 didn’t see any significant announcements at EA Play last year.

Well it certainly looks like a hype tweet to me. What if we talk about the future of your favourite game? Sounds like they’ll have something interesting to say.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I feel like the percentage of people who like and don't like TS4 is split 70-30. 70% don't like it and 30% do. That's probably black and white thinking though, but that's just what I'm seeing here.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    leo3487 wrote: »
    I hope no 2019
    Maxis should launch The Sims 5 for the series 20th anniversary

And I hope than for that version, in favor for open world and graphics and gameplay, they withdraw support for legacy devices
    Oh my GAWD all I want is for the era of sims 4 to end already! I miss being into a sims game and I want an actual one! I'm desperately waiting on Sims 5. Sims 4 was a bunch of bull and the 20 or whatever half baked stuff packs were nothing but for the sims team members to save up for a nintendo switch or something, absolute biggest waist of money I've ever even heard of in my life. More than someone buying 20000 tickets for the lottery and not winning. Ridiculous. Such a bad game omg I could go on but I won't for my sake.

Summary: Sims 4 please end, and begin with the sims 5. However not in EA's hand, I've lost my respect for this company, It should be made by another. Also, enough of the ''T'' rating and the goofy smiles.

What if the sims 5 is not what you think it will be? What if the sims 5 does not happen? What if it is either all online or all virtual reality (which to me would be OK) or what if it does not play on good gaming pcs like the sims 3? Take what you have now, enjoy what you can, who knows what is in the future of this game?

• Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    There isn't any announcement planned for Sims pc/Mac game - I saw the EA Play announcement the first day it came out and it was remarked there was no planned announcement (for Sims 4)- it was just a part of the I Play to get new players an idea of what the Sims 4 is all about. There is supposed to be play spots for all versions of the Sims 4 (pc/mac; console and the new Sims 4 mobile) from what the reviewer said as well as a lot of EAs other games.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited February 2018
    TS1299 wrote: »

Game Changers is an EA program where youtube content creators can get early access on games with some...benefits. So Yep, example of this was youtubers who get early access codes. I think this program started on with FIFA then transferred to other ea games.

While it sounds good, Its not the best for the franchise. I hear many people saying that Maxis has stopped giving LGR early access to packs because Maxis don't want him to be negative, but this game changers program is the result why lgr didn't get an early copy. Basically a youtuber should email the Sims GM to be able to be part of Game Changers Program. another thing that I don't like is that the publisher(EA) focuses on Youtubers so much that in The Sims they are forgetting that there are more into it. It resulted into pr backlash during the launch of City Living. A lot of fans that are always invited to SimCamp are been removed from the list because they aren't youtubers. So Yep, that's the Game Changer Program, a way to engage players through having sponsored videos on youtubers that plays their content.
    How on earth players who have to pay for their games allow themselves to be influenced by priviliged players who get free content and praise it to ensure to stay priviliged (and if I’m informed correctly even dare to state the game isn’t expensive - yeah, duh, not for you it’s not) will always be beyond me. Praise LGR who gave them the finger (excusez) and just keeps telling us the way he really sees it. For me the only YouTuber that matters (and also him I’d never follow blindly). Make this game great again and you’ve got nothing to fear from him EA.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

It's possible it's about the next expansion. Possibly this one could be coming out in September or October instead of November. It could also be about the Next Gamepack or some kind of big update coming.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    There isn't any announcement planned for Sims pc/Mac game - I saw the EA Play announcement the first day it came out and it was remarked there was no planned announcement (for Sims 4)- it was just a part of the I Play to get new players an idea of what the Sims 4 is all about. There is supposed to be play spots for all versions of the Sims 4 (pc/mac; console and the new Sims 4 mobile) from what the reviewer said as well as a lot of EAs other games.

What about this?
    What if we talk about the future of you're game?

Saw this on SimsVip's site
    As we reported earlier this week, EA has officially announced the dates for their annual EA Play event in California. Now while it was already confirmed that The Sims franchise will be present at the event, The Sims France tweeted today about the “future” of the game.
    “What if we talked about the future of your favorite game? See you from June 9 to 11, 2018 for #EAPlay! More info: http://bit.ly/2EQjiAY
    Et si on parlait de l'avenir de votre jeu préféré ? Rendez-vous du 9 au 11 juin 2018 pour #EAPlay ! Plus d'infos : https://t.co/NNUjAXhJPz pic.twitter.com/GTnQGKEbg3
    — Les Sims (@LesSims) February 25, 2018

The Sims mobile is already due for release by the end of March, so could we be looking at a Sims 4 Expansion announcement? Will EA announce The Sims 5?
  • Options
    ErpeErpe Posts: 5,872 Member

If they have followed their usual plans about releasing a new basegame every 5 years then TS5 is now so close to be finished that it can’t change much anymore. Besides that they usually announce each new basegame about 15 months before their release. So TS5 should be announced in the middle of 2018 and be released in the second half of 2019.

What they have told us already in the announcement about EA Play is:
    ”The Sims™ 4 and our mobile games will be on hand, and of course, we have a few surprises as well.”

Announcement and the first video from TS5 could quite likely be those surprises! ;)