Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are you doing anything to prepare for Jungle Adventure?

Comments

• Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I had vague plans before but I'm so excited now. I've decided the South American theme will be a perfect ancestry for the Muenda/(Specter) family. Gotta figure out how to get the skellies and curses for that household. I've had them basically on hold till I got a witch pack but this is another piece of the puzzle. Yahhh! Anyway time to play and prep them for their big adventure to seek their roots.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    ArillisArillis Posts: 4 New Member
    Already make both Nathan Drake and Lara Croft family long before the jungle GP has been announced toning to make a sim Indiana Jones later :D
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I have half alien twin girls in mind for exploring. :)
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I have half alien twin girls in mind for exploring. :)

What if a small group of aliens landed in SD and they went to explore to see what Earth is all about? Sort of a Captain Kirk landing party but using aliens instead.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited February 2018
    I have a YA female half way through fitness, and over half way in the astronaut careers as 2 of the 3 Careers the Renaissance Sims need - so she should be very fitting for the first one to take a trip there. She also has 6 or higher level in gardening, handy, cooking, logic, wellness and herbal skills as well as charisma, dance, fishing, and writing at 4 and 5th level. So she sound like the perfect one for such a mission. She has never taken any vacation time - so she has plenty of vacation time to use - and no special attachments - no pets, no kids, no special love interest (she has lots of friends but no Mr. Right yet.) Maybe her Mr. Right is Latino. You never know. But she will definitely go first.

I also have 3 roommates I think would love to go there too - 2 guys and a girl who are wonderful friends and share a home on the Island in Windenburg. They are a fun group in fitness and collecting; and probably would love an adventure.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    ItsJanierItsJanier Posts: 884 Member
    I'm going to make Lara Croft and her family(mom and dad) and maybe some friends for her(like Zip & Alister Fletcher. But one thing is sure they will have a butler named Winston Smith. They will be living in one of the mansions from Cats & Dogs(ofc I'm gonna make it perfect for them).

I'm also gonna make some enemies/rivals for their family like Ana(who will be having affair with Lara's dad) and her brother Konstantin. They will be living either next to Caliente's or one of the penthouses from City Living after I remodel those places

I also wanna make Amanda Evert as a Sim to be Lara's main villain.

I think you can see that I'm a big fan of Tomb Raider :wink:
  • Options
    danishmuffindanishmuffin Posts: 82 Member
    edited February 2018
    I had started a new legacy RIGHT before the announcement so now I'm trying to get everything sorted out. It's a random legacy that I'm trying to follow for the most part. Sadly my sim isn't even married yet, so I'm going to have to speed that along.

The next generation heir rolled the self-employed photographer career, so I'm going to have her kind of join an expedition of archaeology students to take some photos for them and get really into adventuring for the sake of it. Her future spouse (who'll probably end up being one of the archaeology students going on the expedition) has to be unemployed but you can still be unemployed and do archaeology stuff to make money, right? ;) Maybe they'll run into some baddies looking for treasure if I'm willing to put the effort into that storyline lol.

I'm also going to have to make sure to makeover all of the ugly randomly generated townies so that when the new pack rolls around all I have to worry about will be the native people and it looks like they'll be generated with decent looking outfits anyway so it should be fine!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm currently play-testing/generally setting up an 8 Sim household that will serve as my first all-male adventuring crew in preparation for the pack (ladies will get their own time after the guys do). Pic heavy:
    First off is the "main" adventuring Sim, Arthur Kensington (he'll be getting a makeover to accommodate the new pack CAS items)

zarT5UU.png

He's a man who lives for adventure, and the one who really took the effort to even assemble this motley crew in the first place. This will be a pioneering step for him to take, but it would surely make his deceased grandfather proud. He will essentially be the main man to do archaeology work and the main treasure hunter, as well as sampling the local culture. The "everyman" for this adventure.

Next is the Navajo painter, Raven Ruiz

rEFMXGE.png

Raven is Arthur's best bud, and couldn't be more excited to be along for the ride. When they were both roommates, they really found a lot of things in common and shared lots of learning experiences together. Not only did Arthur learn much about Raven's native Navajo heritage,
    but even Raven himself learned a few things of his own people as well. His reason for the trip is to be one with the locals, gather supplies,
    sample cuisine, and generally experience the culture there. That and he could find something to paint about back home.

Next up is the ladies' man, Francisco Fernandez

CTlCqls.png

Francisco is the one funding this vacation, with him and his family's trust fund money, but at least this time the money is going towards something actually useful for once. He's not that much interested in exploring the jungle with a high propensity of death, so he'll be the one staying back in town. Really though he's coming along to sample the local tail... As you can see above he makes quick work of seducing the ladies.

Next is the mysterious Carlos Slim

wJwGHjr.png

Carlos is a party animal and a dance machine, so it's no surprise he would hang around at the cantina and dance the night away. However,
    he has a secret he keeps to himself, and that he was actually cursed when he lived back in his native Mexico many years ago. He overheard tales of Selvadorada and the ancient relics, and has his own personal goal of adventuring into the ancient temple and hope whatever they find there may reverse his particular curse...

Next up is Jonathan Reece

hWoH7T8.png

Jonathan will provide the "muscle" on this trip, good for handling situations where more physical prowess may be needed. Though he's not really keen on the whole thing, he was persuaded enough and motivated because they needed some muscle in the group and he was the first to be asked. Granted he's not that "muscley" now, but he's working on it!

Now comes a peculiar addition to this adventure, a man named Pulse Recon

FiOfBG8.png

Now I know Pulse has a strange name, and has off-colored skin and wacky hair; well he's an alien (but clearly he doesn't hide it very well) though only Jonathan knows it and they've been best friends for sometime. When Jonathan called up Pulse and heard that they were seeking a fellow academic to join their tropical adventure, Pulse was eager to join. Though he was expecting when they meant 'tropical destination' that it was a beach destination, but he'll make do. Not only will he be helping Arthur with archaeology research and artifact authenticating, he's also there bc he's a collector and doesn't have anything from Selvadorada yet. Though he's socially awkward and would most likely be staying in the villa.

Next to join the adventure is Daniel "Fedora Dan" Smith

delShSY.png

Fedora Dan is a writer/blogger and is a character all his own, and he's new in town. He relished the chance to join in this venture when the offer came up in town, and is determined to experience every little bit of Selvadorada that it can offer. Not only will he be a second "everyman" on this vacation, but he's also here to document their adventure for the trip back home, as well as something to write/blog about back home.

And then...there's Andy Gilligan

YGDrdz2.png

His role and purpose on this trip is unclear...tbh they needed an 8th man and Andy was not the final choice to round out the crew. Like Pulse, he too was thinking of a beach vacation but he doesn't mind the jungle. He's not completely useless as he'll be taking photographs to help Fedora Dan document the trip, and he's also interested in the local cuisine, the dances, and the hot guys that'll be there too. Apart from that he serves no real purpose other than an extra/pack mule/sacrificial lamb. I expect him to die first.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    That's an excellent example of explorers you've got there.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    When I get JA I'll be editing the JA World before I send my sims there. I plan on adding some windchimes,birdfeeders,hottubs etc and I'm going to make sure my sims take their tents with them. When they get there before they go exploring I'll have them buy the portable grill cheese,insect repellent and the waterfall and a bottle.

I'm going to attempt to have my sim couple take a picture in front of Flirty Falls on that bridge.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    That's an excellent example of explorers you've got there.

Yup, and they all live together for the next 2 rl weeks (the house is under the Fernandez family), getting themselves acquainted and generally increasing their skills that might be handy on the road ahead. First day together though and Raven already started a kitchen fire... >_>

They'll probably not make it all out alive.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Ohhhh! That Raven! Was he cleaning his brushes with that flammable liquid in the house again?
  • Options
    okesterokester Posts: 4,136 Member
    I'd really like to build Croft Manor for my Lara Croft Sim so she can have a place to rest after her adventures and somewhere to put all of her neat artifacts. But since it's from a video game and you're only given a few rooms to explore, it's a bit difficult to accurately build. I know there are a lot of Croft Manors in the Gallery, but I'd like to build my own lol
    Origin ID: Okest3r_13 Check out my Sims 4 creations!
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    In preparation for the Pack's release, are you doing anything to prepare? Making new Sims that 'fit' the theme? Getting basic house layouts done in anticipation of decorating them? Or maybe just have a Sim or two that you want to immediately take on an adventure?

I have a few saves that will definitely be diving into the Pack, and one that I'm excited to decorate their home with whatever treasures they find.

I will be taking my experienced and skilled Sim there to see as much as I can and kit out accordingly LOL.

But I like to see what the game has to offer so I may make a complete new inexperienced Sim just to see how it plays out and what skills they can earn by going there and the effect it has on some personalities.
  • Options
    okester wrote: »
    I'd really like to build Croft Manor for my Lara Croft Sim so she can have a place to rest after her adventures and somewhere to put all of her neat artifacts. But since it's from a video game and you're only given a few rooms to explore, it's a bit difficult to accurately build. I know there are a lot of Croft Manors in the Gallery, but I'd like to build my own lol

Sometimes, games and especially movies, will use a real property as a base. Try googling it to see if it was based on a real estate somewhere and see if it has plans and pictures.
  • Options
    I might send a "test" sim there first to see how things go and test a few ideas before sending my sims I made just for exploring there.
  • Options
    doogeriedoogerie Posts: 765 Member
    i have a ya girl and guy a kid and a dog that will be going off. There asap

• Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    I'm probably gonna create another family who I'll move into Oasis Spring, which means they will be used to the heat of Selvadorada, I may make a set of Quadruplet teens for it and not include the parents, so they'll most likely all have part time jobs to support themselves.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,460 Member
    doogerie wrote: »
    i have a ya girl and guy a kid and a dog that will be going off. There asap

Hmm since we can take animals it might not be a bad idea to add a Vet Venue there.
  • Options
    dsefdsef Posts: 1,219 Member
    edited February 2018
    Here's my family!!

The Aponte Quadruplets recently moved to Oasis Springs. They were given the choice to stay with their parents or to move out and explore the worlds and lead their own lives.

Jasmine Aponte
    3142on4.png

Jasmine Aponte is the oldest of the quadruplets. She is quite myserious and into dark fantasy and folklore, she wants to be the best of all vampires when it comes to knowledge and will do what ever it takes to do so. She's also the boss of the family since they left their parents house in Forbidden Hollow.

Nicholas Aponte
    xnvrkj.png

Nicholas, allias Nikoli, is the second oldest of the quatruplets and the nicest. He believes that everyone should get along with each other no matter their differences. His ambition is to be the nicest vampire of all, which means he's a vegetarian by means, therefor he doesn't drink human blood and sticks to plasma pouches.

Trish Aponte
    1e5czk.png

Trisha is the third oldest of the quadruplets, she is also the most creative. She is an avid fan of writing and wants to be a best selling author when she's older. She is also the most happiest and cheerful of the bunch and never fails to bring a smile to anyone's face.

Last but no lease, we have Qyentin Aponte
    2reip1u.png

Quentin is the casanova jock of the family, he is also very vain when it comes to his looks and body, he wants to have the best body out of everyone in the town, even if it means taking the cheats way. He can never just have one girl on his arm, he has to get many as he feels like one is never enough compared to his siblings.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I've made a new sim to be my explorer. This is Little Wolf.

Iiry2h5.png

For now, I will just be getting all of his nature skills up.

( He's also the perfect friend to the girl in my avatar.) They come from different worlds but they are perfect for each other.
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,381 Member
    I have a couple of sims in mind for the first guinea, um, explorers into Selvedora, or however it's spelled. One is Hannah Story who is currently living off the land, so to speak, and she's got all her gardening, handiness and fitness skills so she's ready. I'll have her hone her herbalism skill and make up potions. I noticed insect repellant is going to be needed again. :#

Then there's Jesse Brooks (who came from the Gallery) who is my sorcerer. He has all the above skills plus he's proficient White Arts practioner, with just a dab of Black Arts, (mod made by Triplis at MTS) and lvl 10 herbalism. He'll probably the first one to go, have an adventure I mean, lol. :D
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    I gave an old favorite sim of mine a new life as a very social, single restaurant and dog owner. He rents a cheap place in the city and is trying to keep the restaurant up and running by spending all his time there (including most nights of the week). He's a very nice sim (was in his previous life too), and I've never had happier restaurant employees to be honest. His dog is always at the restaurant too, they basically live there.

Aaanyway, he will be needing a good vacation soon and what better place to forget your routines than the jungle ;) although he isn't the only one that will be going, I'm definitely looking forward to taking him there the most.
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »

Iiry2h5.png

( He's also the perfect friend to the girl in my avatar.) They come from different worlds but they are perfect for each other.

Day-um can I keep him??
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Hermitgirl wrote: »
    fullspiral wrote: »

Iiry2h5.png

Day-um can I keep him??

heehee! Dang handsome isn't he!