Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Get Wild With The Sims 4 Jungle Adventure

Comments

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    I have to buy my mom and older sister birthday gifts before I can go buy my Jungle Adventure! Family first...
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Remedial_SaintRemedial_Saint Posts: 3 New Member
    *watches trailer*
    *shrugs*
    *goes back to Sims 3*
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    *watches trailer*
    *shrugs*
    *goes back to Sims 3*

Decided to try the World Adventure tombs again to tide me over until Jungle Adventure releases. I think it's been long enough that I've forgotten all the traps. :)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    LiELF wrote: »
    I can't stay away from the info...I just can't do it! It's too exciting!

I'm so torn now. I want to have the pack adventures be a surprise, but oh GAWD I want to know more and the map looks AMAZING!! <3

Should I watch the livestream?? No. I shouldn't, should I? Well, maybe just...just a little? No! Stop it! No spoiling! Get a grip!

*deep sigh* Okay. I'm okay. I can resist.

*clock ticks...*

*whistling a tune...*

*the sound of a spider creeping along the wall...*

Aaaaaaargh!!!

*erupts out of seat to get to the pc, toppling chair and knocking over end table*

You should do what I do. I turn on the livestream so I can hear but do not look at the screen. That way, the visuals are still a surprise. B)

That's actually a really good idea! Of course, I've already gone and watched today's, but I can try that for next time. :)
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimladineSimladine Posts: 9 New Member
    Omg, as a huge culture nerd, I lovedd the new dance and local life <3
  • Options
    SimsayCDSimsayCD Posts: 95 Member
    Simladine wrote: »
    Omg, as a huge culture nerd, I lovedd the new dance and local life <3

Me too! Love the new dancing.
  • Options
    Kenneth4484Kenneth4484 Posts: 39 Member
    > @SimGuruNinja said:
    > Armilus616 wrote: »
    >
    > Can we create tombs and temples to share in the gallery for others to solve?
    > Or are we stuck with the ones that are in there by default?
    > Can we place Traps in Build/Buy outside of the tombs?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The Temple is an uneditable venue type.
    > You can place all the traps at home and build some pretty amazing things with all the new BB offerings, albeit with different functionality than at the Temple itself.

Are all the traps available at default, or do we have to use the bb.showhiddenobjects cheat, and how many temple things will we get for buildmode?
    I need to know, because I need my deadly "basement".

Also can we put tents and other camping stuff at the temple?
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    @SimGuruNinja I got another question no one asked yet:

In the hypothetical situation that I can turn my butler into a skeleton with the artifact, will my butler still remain my butler? Long ago back in Vampires GP release this thread you made showed that we could turn our butlers into vampires and they would remain our butlers. However as of this thread it appears we can no longer keep them as our butlers should they enter a new lifestate. Will this be addressed in the future?
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DanaeroxanDanaeroxan Posts: 16 Member
    Can't wait to get wild with jungle adventure!!!!!
    And one more thing if anyone can help...How can I start a new topic? Sorry to ask here but I'm new to forums.Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    @danaeroxan you have to be a full member to start a new topic (welcome aboard, btw). that involves reaching 15 posts and 25 points (you get points from posting and people giving said posts likes, insightfuls or awesomes). once those requirements are met, you can start new discussions, edit your posts, give yourself an avatar, post links and a few other things
  • Options
    sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    @SimGuruNinja

I noticed in the video Sims swatting insects like they do in Granite falls. Will the insect repellent from the herbalism skill be of benefit in the new world?

I am a "Treasure Hunter" (from the quiz) so will the relics we find be worthwhile selling in a retail shop and/or can we sell them to the Sims Museum?

Are sleeping bags included in the Pack?

Are the explorable places (like the Temple) one large lot so we can place a tent anywhere while exploring rather than having to return to "base camp" every day?

I loved WA. This pack could get me back playing the game. :D
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    they did say that some of the herbalism potions from outdoor retreat would be useful in the jungle, the insect repellent is quite likely one of those, yes

the gurus have said that you can make a tidy profit from selling off relics, esp if you have a high archaeology skill. i'm going to be placing several in one of my retail shops, either way. as well as putting some in the stockpile of goodies my interstellar smuggler sims have sitting around that they (pretend to) auction off.

no sleeping bags
  • Options
    BakieBakie Posts: 279 Member
    edited February 2018
    I hope a modder will unlock some of the new jungle foilage and make it available as cc. I believe @Bakie has done that with other packs and I would love to have it available from this one. :)
    I will! I also saw all the beautiful new jungle plants and trees! It absolutely looks beautiful! I love it! :)
    LiELF wrote: »
    TS4_GP06_OFFICIAL_02_003_1080.jpg.adapt.crop16x9.1455w.jpg

Look at the Bird of Paradise in this picture!
    Ah, good times ahead. >:)

I also saw those parrots! I can also already confirme that I will try to do my best to make these buyable too!
    Keep an eye on my BakieGaming YouTube channel after release ;)
    Want to make your own Custom Content for The Sims 4, but don't know how to start? Please visit my Youtube Channel for multiple English Spoken tutorials:
    <url="https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCrMuxltq5mlcMjf6h7qrKzQ">BakieGaming YouTube Channel</url>
  • Options
    DanaeroxanDanaeroxan Posts: 16 Member
    @kalaksed Thank you very much for the info. You saved me many time wandering what I'm doing wrong....Thank you again!!!
  • Options
    desertrose0601desertrose0601 Posts: 114 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I said it before, and now again: MACHETE! :smiley:

IK! Just like in Sims 2 Castaway. Really exited!

I never had Castaways and I STILL want it, but *sigh* can't find it. So this is good news indeed.

Ooh Sims 2 Castaways was my favorite console game of that era. It's still worth playing! Definitely old graphics, but I really liked the storyline and the adventure.
  • Options
    thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    I dont like actualy when your sim come to seling platform-table and buy something from table it looks like he swiping from table then actualy buying...That action shuld be fixed..Sims need to go to that table and when chuse what want then talk to vendor and then take out from table. or vendor wraped out that stuf your sim buy...
  • Options
    SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    Sooo, there are no new jobs, traits, skills or places to actually vacation in? uhm, ok...
    This pack looks like a whole lota nothing to me, would maybe keep me busy for an hour or 2 and then be like Spa Day.
    I want to know is this just 1 lot (being a temple you cannot edit)?
    Does anyone know if we are getting another world with this or will we just have to make room?
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,884 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sooo, there are no new jobs, traits, skills or places to actually vacation in? uhm, ok...
    This pack looks like a whole lota nothing to me, would maybe keep me busy for an hour or 2 and then be like Spa Day.
    Does anyone know if we are getting another world with this or will we just have to make room?

@SarahsShady
    Where have you been the last two days? :p
    Did you watch the livestream. There is a whole new world, new aspirations, new skills, and more.

You can see the map here.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935119/salvadorada-map/p1
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member

Please take the time to read this insightful thread about some of the new features already revealed about Jungle Adventure: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/935006/jungle-adventure-simguru-maxis-sourced-info/p1
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member

Where were you? It's the biggest GP ever!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    6winged6winged Posts: 2 New Member
    > @SimGuruNinja said:
    "IT BELONGS IN A MUSEUM" (in my most gravely voice)
    Indy, is it you?!
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Indy was the dog's name.
  • Options
    I have a question about the gateways on the map. When a Sim passes through, is it random where they will come out? Or is each gate a dedicated destination? I feel like it was covered in the livestream but I can't remember. I know that the treasures and digs are randomized each time, right?
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Each path obstacle leads to a dedicated destination.
  • Options
    Each path obstacle leads to a dedicated destination.

Cool, thanks! It could get frustrating if it bounced us around all over the map, haha.
    #Team Occult

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top