Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Love the skintones, but more makeup for them would be great

LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
edited February 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
I really like the newer skintones to give a broader range for my sims. Can actually find the mid-tones I want. <3 Hoping in the future you'll also add some 'cooler' skintones for more much more fair skinned sims. Though, I still have the problem as I still do with darker skinned tones sims is having flattering make-up.

dcSNr9P.png
The majority of makeup we have always seem to be way too subtle, too bright or just not a practical color. :# Even with some of the lighter Sims that can wear it a bit better I only ever stick with a few select ones or just none at all because I never can find the one that I want. The last makeup we got was in the Get to Work EP I believe? Since most of it was for aliens, which complimented the skintones a lot better. I find myself definitely yearning for some different variety of make up from lipstick, blush to eyeshadow, especially ones that work for darker skintones only way for me to have them is using CC of course. I'd really like to see some matte ones and decent darker shade of lipsticks as well as lighter ones.

4TaV7uL.png
Lipsticks like these to also compliment lighter skintones as well as warmer tones along with eye shadows.

Just hope to see more makeup variety even if it's in future packs. I know not every makeup will compliment every skintone, but I would like to see some more ranges of them. The game has been growing a lot in diversity and I love it.

@SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNinja @SimGuruGraham Definitely appreciate the hard work you guys put in, so I hope to see some more makeup and more complimenting more skintones in the future.
5vJrxmT.png
Post edited by LadyKyn on

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    That's pretty much the reason as to why I tend to stick with the mid-tones as well. I just never really did like how the darker tones looked on the sims I created. I'm rather pale IRL and can burn just by looking at the sun, so I like to give sims the tan I can never have...lol

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    That's pretty much the reason as to why I tend to stick with the mid-tones as well. I just never really did like how the darker tones looked on the sims I created. I'm rather pale IRL and can burn just by looking at the sun, so I like to give sims the tan I can never have...lol

Same. Most of any darker sims I would make just wouldn't wear any makeup opposed to eyeliner and a dark brown eyeshadow for the most part. Just a natural look, but I still wanted at least some makeup for them. The matte CC i have works very well with them.

The lip gloss on the lighter sim is suppose to be a red shade but looks more pink than anything.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    PsychoSimXXPsychoSimXX Posts: 4,403 Member
    Yeah just like IRL not all make up works for all skin tones. Even when I DL CC make up from a dark sim, it don't look good in my game. Then my sim making skills are mediocre at best.

Follow me on Twitter

Check out my Gallery

Peace, Love, and Unity.

`•.,¸¸,.•´¯ ¯`•.,¸¸,.•´
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited February 2018
    The lack of make-up for darkes skin tones - what bothers me the most are the lipstick shades - is the reason I started adding CC to my game. With the frequent updates TS4 gets I try to avoid it because I find troubleshooting for outdated CC that messes up the game so annoying. Anway, couldn't agree more, make-up is such a lacking category in this game that I otherwise love for CAS.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Yeah, my skin tone isn't super dark, but I find myself never wanting to wear a bright color lipstick because it stands out so badly. Red is such a big no, no unless it's a darker shade. :#

Only some of the darker shade reds for EA makeup look decent on my sims of color. Usually they only have it on in formal or party attire.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    The lack of make-up for darkes skin tones - what bothers me the most are the lipstick shades - is the reason I started adding CC to my game. With the frequent updates TS4 gets I try to avoid it because I find troubleshooting for outdated CC that messes up the game so annoying. Anway, couldn't agree more, make-up is such a lacking category in this game that I otherwise love for CAS.

I find the Sims 4 to actually have a lot to offer in vanilla game in terms of clothing and hairstyles being up to date and in variety compared to previous iterations and growing in diversity. Though makeup always seem to be lacking a lot since Sims 2, even then I only could wear like two shades of lipstick in that one or none at all, ripperoni.

Yeah, the majority of CC I usually have is make-up, since it takes up so little in space and I can have a lot of it. Matte lipsticks and some nice glossy ones have been a saving grace for my darker skinned sims.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    I would also agree that CAS otherwise is pretty awesome. I have under 10 pieces of CC items in clothing and all of those are edits of items already in game. I love the style. And they really worked on improving hair textures and offering more variety and the results are great. But no new make-up in ages. It's really odd.
    We need at least 4 more shades for darker skin tones (color variants: red, pink, brown/orange and purple hues) for the shiny and matt lipstick and gloss.
    We need 2-3 more eyeliners, which should come in dark brown and black.
    More blush would be great and why not get with the times and add some options for contouring.
    I would be sooo happy.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required

we all try ...
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    I would love to have more makeup in the game and we definitely need more makeup that looks good on the darker skin tones, especially the lipsticks! I also really want highlighting masks and contouring masks that can go on top of the makeup. Layering makeup and masks would be fab! Maybe they could do a collab with some beauty bloggers... or with Rihanna and Fenty Beauty!
  • Options
    EA_SpectreEA_Spectre Posts: 263 EA Administrator
    edited February 2018
    *just dropping in to mention how great the Sims made by @LadyKyn and @Netzspannung look with the new hair and skin tones* <3<3<3
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Yes, more makeup choices are much needed! And I really desperately need some eyeliners that don't look like they were applied by a Sim child. The choices all have super thick lines and half of them are smudgy or uneven. We could really use some subtlety and finer designs. I honestly hardly ever use the eyeliners when I'm playing a vanilla sims game with no cc, because they make all of the sims look like goths or performers or 80s throwbacks, haha. :p
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    @EA_Spectre Thank you, the kind words are much appreciated! It was an awesome addition to the game and the hairstyle alone was such an inspiration for new sims and new outfits.

we all try ...
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    @EA_Spectre Thank you. I really love this hairstyle as it is different from what we have. It actually fits a lot of a younger sims pretty well when I started playing around with it. :)

@LiELF I know right? It's like the 'hip' eyeliner for edge lords. Something a little thinner would be great that's more subtle on sims.

@Netzspannung Oh man, GTW came out in like 2015? We're definitely over do for make-up since the only pack we got makeup in was that and Luxury Party and Spooky Stuff? Surprised there wasn't some makeup for Vintage Glamour seeing as we got the new vanity mirror. I just need makeup that doesn't look so heavy on my sims of color to make them look they put makeup on in the dark.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I agree, for those who don’t use cc, more makeup is needed. I only use cc makeup bc I think most of the makeup from the game doesn’t look good, so it doesn’t affect me much.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    We definately need more makeup options! Esspecially blush... We only have 1 besides the alien ones, and that one doesn't always look right...
    And if we can't get new makeup options we should at least get an opacity slider, that's my dream haha
  • Options
    I agree, for those who don’t use cc, more makeup is needed. I only use cc makeup bc I think most of the makeup from the game doesn’t look good, so it doesn’t affect me much.

Think there's really only one lipstick option that's 'okay', but I don't want it to be my default option for ALL sims. Makeup was always lacking in previous games, so I'd definitely want to see some more that compliment all skintones. I really think some matte options would be great with some better lip gloss. Blush/contour too, since the one we have only works with fairer skintones and even then I don't tend to use to on the sims that can wear it. It either highlights too much of the skin of my darker sim or you just can't see it at all. :#
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    LadyKyn wrote: »

Blush/contour too, since the one we have only works with fairer skintones and even then I don't tend to use to on the sims that can wear it. It either highlights too much of the skin of my darker sim or you just can't see it at all. :#

It doesnt even look right with fair skin tones half the time either! I just aged up a few sims, and theyre so pale. The blush covers so much of their faces and is so bright it looks ridiculous. So.... Too bright for fair skin... Too dark for dark skin, the blush is just a mess.
    Opacity slider would probably relieve this, but we'll never know.... The makeup in this game is just terrible without a slider...
    I've thought of trying CC but I dont want it to look unnatural in game.
  • Options
    surraaaaaa wrote: »

It doesnt even look right with fair skin tones half the time either! I just aged up a few sims, and theyre so pale. The blush covers so much of their faces and is so bright it looks ridiculous. So.... Too bright for fair skin... Too dark for dark skin, the blush is just a mess.
    Opacity slider would probably relieve this, but we'll never know.... The makeup in this game is just terrible without a slider...

I can link you to some very nice MM makeup CC. I've found quite a lot that compliments fairer skintones and darker ones as well.

Yeah, the palest skin on here doesn't look right with a lot of maker up as it is either too bright or too dark on the skin. Midtones fair okay with some of them, but other than that the makeup choices are lacking.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I would love to see more makeup especially for darker skin tones and unnatural skins tones. Contour makeup would be nice to have and just more modern looking makeup. The current makeup is starting to look dated so would be nice to have something new for Sims to wear especially in more vibrant colors. The bland colors can get a bit boring and limited.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options

I can link you to some very nice MM makeup CC. I've found quite a lot that compliments fairer skintones and darker ones as well.

Yeah, the palest skin on here doesn't look right with a lot of maker up as it is either too bright or too dark on the skin. Midtones fair okay with some of them, but other than that the makeup choices are lacking.

I would love that! :) seriously... I just download my first ever mods and cc yesterday! First ever! I haven't had too much time to browse, i have a thread here bookmarked, but no time to check much out. I like maxis match stuff so far (i think, im open to all of it haha)
  • Options
    edited February 2018

I would love that! :) seriously... I just download my first ever mods and cc yesterday! First ever! I haven't had too much time to browse, i have a thread here bookmarked, but no time to check much out. I like maxis match stuff so far (i think, im open to all of it haha)

Very nice! When I first started downloading CC I did makeup to kinda just test the waters and it definitely made for a world of difference mostly makeup and skin tones.

Charm Lipstick
    -Some very nice nude matte lipsticks with 40 shades. Lots of choices for all skintones.

Au Natural Lipstick
    - Has a more softer look with a gardient with opacity. 112 swatches lol a lot I know but very nice.

Soft Satin Lipstain
    - I really like the soft, satin like texture of this lipstick. It's actually what my sim in my icon is wearing right now.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »
    I would love to see more makeup especially for darker skin tones and unnatural skins tones. Contour makeup would be nice to have and just more modern looking makeup. The current makeup is starting to look dated so would be nice to have something new for Sims to wear especially in more vibrant colors. The bland colors can get a bit boring and limited.

Yeah, I agree the makeup we still have looks very dated that came in base game. The ones in GTW was mostly suited for aliens and Luxury party was just far to extravagant for everyday lipstick. Matte lipstick is pretty simple, but one of my favorites I like on my sims. I really want some better blush it either looks like highlights on my sims or just way too subtle on them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Very nice! When I first started downloading CC I did makeup to kinda just test the waters and it definitely made for a world of difference mostly makeup and skin tones.

Charm Lipstick
    -Some very nice nude matte lipsticks with 40 shades. Lots of choices for all skintones.

Au Natural Lipstick
    - Has a more softer look with a gardient with opacity. 112 swatches lol a lot I know but very nice.

Soft Satin Lipstain
    - I really like the soft, satin like texture of this lipstick. It's actually what my sim in my icon is wearing right now.

Thank you so much!! Next time on my computer ill check them out! I so appreciate it, they sound awesome.

EDIT:
    I just checked them all out and downloaded the first and third links! 112 swatches sounded.. insane haha so I passed on that. Now I cant wait to edit all my sims :)
    Post edited by surraaaaaa on
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Thank you so much!! Next time on my computer ill check them out! I so appreciate it, they sound awesome.

EDIT:
    I just checked them all out and downloaded the first and third links! 112 swatches sounded.. insane haha so I passed on that. Now I cant wait to edit all my sims :)

Yep, it's a little too much for wanting a lot of in between colors. Though what I did was go into Sims 4 Studio and delete a good bit of the swatches I wouldn't be using down to like 20 or so. Much like how I like some recolors of items, but for whatever reason some CC creators make like 50+ color shades of them.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I'm wondering if there will be some new makeup options in the new pack which, according to another website, is jungle themed? Bringing out the new skintones in the patch we've had already could give some useful feedback on what Simmers would like to see and repair any bugs that some have pointed out.
  • Options
    edited February 2018
    Simburian wrote: »
    I'm wondering if there will be some new makeup options in the new pack which, according to another website, is jungle themed? Bringing out the new skintones in the patch we've had already could give some useful feedback on what Simmers would like to see and repair any bugs that some have pointed out.

Hoping for some native inspired hairstyles, tribal tattoos. Could possibly get some face paint with it? @EA_Mage actually made a thread recently that's stickied at the top for people to show some examples of what they want to see in the game from objects, clothes to hairstyles.

Some updated makeup and flattering colors for all skin tones would be great. Check it out if you haven't.
    5vJrxmT.png