Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

[Leaked!] The Sims 4: Jungle Adventures GP Speculation

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I wonder what these hidden pools are.

Probably a tomb lot, because the tomb can't always be a Mayan pyramid of some kind. And you have to swim through the pools to get to the relics. (We also had some pools in the tombs of World Adventures)

The dive pools in WA were great (especially if you caught on fire from a fire trap). B)

I do think they only reuse the current pool tool instead of adding an interactive dive pool object. Maybe they add a new pool water color like a muddy one to represent muddy brown water. :)

Maybe a water type that makes it somehow easier for sims to drown? Like loosing energy really fast while sims swim in that certain water type.

I want to make a pool of quicksand (or something I can use as quicksand) to kill sims.

They could definitely do a non-transparent water type and add quicksand. Tho I don't think that the swimming animations would fit. :D

My idea is a smallish pool surrounded by a stone wall with a gate that I can lock so the future dead sims can't escape and drown, alone in the jungle.

It would be funny if they escaped just to get bitten by a poisonous spider and perish anyway, hahaha. >:)

That would be funny. It would be really great if they are struggling to pull themselves out of the quicksand and they grab a low hanging branch and poisonous spiders fall all over them. Death by quicksand or death by spider bite, witch happens first.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I wonder what these hidden pools are.

Probably a tomb lot, because the tomb can't always be a Mayan pyramid of some kind. And you have to swim through the pools to get to the relics. (We also had some pools in the tombs of World Adventures)

The dive pools in WA were great (especially if you caught on fire from a fire trap). B)

I do think they only reuse the current pool tool instead of adding an interactive dive pool object. Maybe they add a new pool water color like a muddy one to represent muddy brown water. :)

Maybe a water type that makes it somehow easier for sims to drown? Like loosing energy really fast while sims swim in that certain water type.

I want to make a pool of quicksand (or something I can use as quicksand) to kill sims.

They could definitely do a non-transparent water type and add quicksand. Tho I don't think that the swimming animations would fit. :D

My idea is a smallish pool surrounded by a stone wall with a gate that I can lock so the future dead sims can't escape and drown, alone in the jungle.

It would be funny if they escaped just to get bitten by a poisonous spider and perish anyway, hahaha. >:)

That would be funny. It would be really great if they are struggling to pull themselves out of the quicksand and they grab a low hanging branch and poisonous spiders fall all over them. Death by quicksand or death by spider bite, witch happens first.

Good times ahead! :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    I'm hoping Grimmy will have a lot on his plate for this GP.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited February 2018
    Sounds interesting.. for once or twice, but I doubt (again) this pack has a lot of replay value. (At least for me).

But probably because I never really bother sending my Sims on Vacation or something similar like that. Can't even remember the last time I actually visited Granite Falls.
  • Options
    Here is a rough version of a possible pool of quicksand. Poor Brie, never knew what hit her.

160504.png
    160507.png
    Sorry it's dark. She wouldn't die until the sun went down.
    160510.png
    160513.png
    160516.png
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Here is a rough version of a possible pool of quicksand. Poor Brie, never knew what hit her.

160504.png
    160507.png
    Sorry it's dark. She wouldn't die until the sun went down.
    160510.png
    160513.png
    160516.png
    Lord have mercy! You're right Danny, this pack is a jungle, I'm sorry for um... *sighing* *talking to himself* I cannot believe I'm saying but.. *talks to Danny* for telling you about differences between beaches and jungles.
  • Options
    That's all right my friend. I want a beach pack too, I just didn't think it would come with the jungle pack. Hopefully, the next one will be a beach pack.

• Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    I really hope the deadly bees and poisonous spiders are actually, like... Deadly and poisonous.
    The description makes the pack sound awesome and now I cant wait! But it better actually be dangerous if it's in the description and not just a moodlet, please.
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    I’ve never played WA so I’m curious about this pack!
  • Options
    PintSizedPiratePintSizedPirate Posts: 105 Member
    Well. Time to make a classic Lara Croft Sim.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I hope with "hidden pools", we'll end up with new pool features, like maybe curved pools.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2018
    This sounds pretty legit. Check out the articles/screenshots on sims community and simsvip :)

Anyway sounds good so far, excited for the temples and the cantina and to hear more about it soon :)

(EA_Lanna: Removed quote, left information)
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member
    edited February 2018
    Post edited by EA_Lanna on
  • Options
    nayruslove7nayruslove7 Posts: 108 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    I hope with "hidden pools", we'll end up with new pool features, like maybe curved pools.
    Hopefully we will get more swimwear as well.
  • Options
    Hopefully we will get more swimwear as well.

More swimwear is always nice. :D
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    LatteCrabLatteCrab Posts: 2,935 Member

I wish!
    I <3 pools and we have so little for it (imo).
    But I don't have a good feeling about that part. :s
    I would love to be completely wrong though! >:):*
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited February 2018

I wish!
    I <3 pools and we have so little for it (imo).
    But I don't have a good feeling about that part. :s
    I would love to be completely wrong though! >:):*

They probably add curved pools in a relaxation destination pack, like Honeymoon/Beach vacation, where you have curved pools at the hotel.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    And here I thought everyone was saying the game's ending or something?? :D
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    And here I thought everyone was saying the game's ending or something?? :D
    Ehm, this pack was announced a while ago? Are you surprised?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Really that's it the only thing interesting at all is new dance moves... exploring and new food oh joy. Unless those hidden pools are a new type of pool offering new game play in them I really don't see much new except now being able to explore but in a jungle themed world this is really just redressing base game content.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member

I would assume they mean jungle pool - not back yard cement pool type.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    I'm just happy my Sims can now climb in and out of the pool using the pool ladders once a again. It's the little things like that I personally enoy. Thank you EA for bringing functional pool ladders back.

Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • Options
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That would mean a new pool type, and I'd be happy with that too.

• Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

That would mean a new pool type, and I'd be happy with that too.

You could say it'll be....a Deadpool.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    I'm just happy my Sims can now climb in and out of the pool using the pool ladders once a again. It's the little things like that I personally enoy. Thank you EA for bringing functional pool ladders back.

What? Where is that even mentioned? Plus pool ladders have always worked...?
    LR3g0ni.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top