Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Heckings abandoned their dog?

poltergeistpoltergeist Posts: 1,411 Member
i just started a new legacy and my sim doesn't have a bed so i went to the hecking's home to mooch off of them since i pretty much evicted everyone else out of brindleton bay.
i made my sim sneak upstairs, but after about two minutes of him sleeping, both heckings walked right out the door and left their poor dog behind? she is filthy and crying, and she was barking by her bowl when my sim got there so i assume she is hungry. :'(
tumblr_p346gxrbqI1v707rto1_1280.png

eta; i just think this is pretty sad and strange AI behavior lol.
origin id: kuhpflanzen ∘ tumblr
tumblr_inline_p3itdx0yaH1v2uzv2_1280.gif

Comments

• Options
    Lex2221Lex2221 Posts: 972 Member
    Lol did they go to work or did they just leave like, “I’m never coming back.”
    2ahzmo1.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I know it's just a game, but this is so sad. :(

You should kill them off and adopt their dog.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    PurrdaleckiPurrdalecki Posts: 972 Member
    Aww. Rosie (that's her name, right?) was all alone at this night club in my game and she was there whimpering and crying as everyone danced. I thought she had been left there until Brant.. Or Brent... Uh.. The one with the pompadour came downstairs.
    tumblr_inline_o2epubgZOk1tbsl8q_500.gif
    My sims 4 studio with poses for download and stuff: click
  • Options
    after having my sim camp out in their home for several days i figured out that they are in fact going to work, at the same time, oddly enough.
    but even when they are home they never acknowledge rosie's presence.
    tumblr_p34f5whxZi1v707rto1_1280.png
    my sim is now walking, feeding, and bathing her. he even potty trained her.
    for some reason feeding someone else's dog still costs your sim simoleons. at this rate he will never be able to buy a tent. :grimace:

• Options
    LishacakeLishacake Posts: 296 Member
    Her sad little face is so heartbreaking. :(

NPC sims seem to be really bad at looking after their pets. The lady who has like 3 cats in Brindleton Bay is a prime example of this. Whenever I visit her, at least 1 of her cats is sick. One time it just kept throwing up and wouldn't stop until I forcibly reset it. Was so weird.
  • Options
    XwantonXwanton Posts: 85 Member
    I do wish inactives would take better care of their pets. I've been playing a vet clinic and one of my sims came with their dog, who was filthy. I don't want them to be neglectful!
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    The cat lady comes in at least twice a day to my vet clinic. I'm convinced she's a bad pet owner.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    Yeaaa..... Inactive households definitely don't take care of their pets. At all.
    Every time I visit one, the pet is always hungry. Sometimes dirty, but always hungry.
    I wish the devs would change this. Or make it so autonomously, inactive sims would at least fill a pet bowl while youre there visiting.... Seems like an oversite.
  • Options
    CommaSpliceCommaSplice Posts: 171 Member
    > @Andiratyme said:
    > The cat lady comes in at least twice a day to my vet clinic. I'm convinced she's a bad pet owner.

She kept my sim vet afloat buying all the treats, which kept making Catarina's pets all sick.
  • Options
    DraconDracon Posts: 119 Member
    I have noticed that every unplayed Sim households that own pets do not look after their pet whatsoever. The pet is always hungry dirty, or both when I visit a household with a pet. Do they not autonomously take care of their pets or what?! If they do not, that is kind of not that great given that Pets is an EP.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Hate to say it, but I think I'd be inclined to play them long enough to put the poor baby up for adoption! She'd have better odds not being there!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Andiratyme wrote: »
    The cat lady comes in at least twice a day to my vet clinic. I'm convinced she's a bad pet owner.

More of a cat collector then a cat owner.

Yeah, inactive households rarely if ever take care of their own pets autonomously, except for the occasional treat. A good example of this is when well into playing with the new EP, I moved a single Sim who used to be a CL weirdo into the nice beach house in the Cove in BB. She had to go to work during the same time that the welcome wagon came by so I never got to greet them in and they were miffed at me. Seeing as I wanted to patch things, I went over to their house to visit for the day. Not only were both their cat and dog hungry at the same time, their dog Blue was so hungry he even took the food bowl into his mouth and dropped it in front of one of the adults, yet they kept right on doing something else instead of feeding them. I had to fill the bowl for them to get them to eat up. Sad and annoying.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,602 Member
    That dog is always so stinky, even in my game. I have to get my Dylan sim to give the Heckings a smack on the head so they'll wake up. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
    edited January 2018
    It's crazy how careless townies are with their pets. I made a dog park and all the dogs from inactive households would come looking filthy and many of them starving and sick. It is so sad to see them like that. When visiting the households is even worse because you get to see how they completely ignore their pets, never filling up the bowls or bathing them. Nor playing with them and most times not even aknowledging their presence/existence.
    It looks like a massive oversight from the developpers in my opinion and I hope they address it.
    Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
    All my creations are CC free.
  • Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    edited January 2018
    Catarina Lynx is my number one customer! I usually see her around twice a day, each time with a different cat. I got a little suspicious and had my vet go visit Catarina. I found ALL the food bowls empty and two of the litter boxes were full - as in "packed to the brim" full! One cat was sick (leave it to me to forget the Wellness Treats), and another cat had fleas! After filling the food dishes and emptying the litter boxes, I left. Meanwhile, Catarina decided to go play on the computer, instead of caring for her cats! I wish my vet could take her cats away, since she'd rather be on the computer, instead of caring for them!
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Should I be shocked they abandon their dog they never feed the thing whenever my sim sare visiting them they end up feeding the dog.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Dracon wrote: »
    I have noticed that every unplayed Sim households that own pets do not look after their pet whatsoever. The pet is always hungry dirty, or both when I visit a household with a pet. Do they not autonomously take care of their pets or what?! If they do not, that is kind of not that great given that Pets is an EP.
    i haven't noticed my active households caring for their pets autonomously either, i always have to micromanage.

• Options
    5782341b77vl5782341b77vl Posts: 9,149 Member
    Because of this thread (and also Catarina), my vet now carries a MINIMUM of 3 Wellness Treats in her inventory at ALL times. I just *might* start making some "flash inspections" now. I only pray that none of them will be as bad as poor Rosie in @poltergeist 's game. :(

#JusticeForRosie
    ...AND WASH YOUR DING-DANG HANDS!
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    The devs definitely need to address this - seeing EA very much supports animal welfare and the SPCA - this does not look like good pet care the parent company supports. For shame Maxis.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    It isn't just the pets our sims own, it's the strays to, there always dirty, flee ridden and hungry, and yet some times there are no other mates for my dogs to get pregnant with. and they all have bad tempers. probably because there in such a bad state. surely these should be cared for by the game.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I do not think EA/Maxis spent too much time on NPCs AI systems on how well care for their own pets and spend more time on active owners(players).
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen