Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Collab for the Alien Adoption Challenge #Collab4AAC

Comments

• Options
    SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,227 Member
    Finally managed to fit that story I was talking about into the rotation. First chapter's up. I've got more planned, but I'm too tired to put them all up tonight. Raising Marilee
    image.png
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    It's been so long, this feels unreal. But here I have it.
    https://summonerds.wordpress.com/2018/01/08/chapter-21-upside-down/

The squad arrives in San Myshuno, and Hades has a dream.
  • Options
    ny275ny275 Posts: 261 Member
    Hi everyone! I forgot to share my two most recent chapters… whoops. Here they are!
    22. What You Desire
    23. The Decision
  • Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    edited January 2018
    Hi folks! I've been sitting on my last Xilla chapter for a while now but here she is in all her adorable manipulative glory.

Snapshots of Ten
    10-14-17_8-42-52c2a0pm.png?w=979&h=500&crop=1

I've finished the challenge so now I have to make sense of my screenies, haha!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    Just got finished reading through your story, @Meggles. It's great
    image.png
  • Options
    Just got finished reading through your story, @Meggles. It's great

Thank you @TresaofPern !!! <3
  • Options
    So with chapter 7 up, I'm taking a little break from Raising Marilee to work on my other stories. I usually play them for 7 in-game days then switch, though Raising Marilee ran into 7 and a half because I wanted to see the kittens born first.
    image.png
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I may have to quit the collaboration. Somebody broke into my house and one of the things they took was my computer with the sims on it. That means everything is gone forever, right?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    RipuAncestorRipuAncestor Posts: 2,332 Member
    @superkyle221 Oh no, that's awful! I hope you can somehow get your stuff back. Did you upload any of your Sims or houses to the gallery? They'll still be there if you did.
    doublebannerpic.jpg?w=676
    My Sims stories:
    The Fey of Life - fairytales in life are few and far between (Forum thread HERE)
    The Chrysanthemum Tango - a story about life, death, magic, and how to be a good landlady (Forum thread HERE)
    Forget-Me-Not - some things just refuse to stay buried; an Ambrosia Challenge story (Forum thread HERE)
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I may have to quit the collaboration. Somebody broke into my house and one of the things they took was my computer with the sims on it. That means everything is gone forever, right?

Oh , Kyle . I'm so sorry to hear about this . There are a few ways one can continue, and what you've shared on the gallery can help . Take a little time to care for yourself and what you need to take care of , and we can share ideas and suggestions when the time is right .
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    Hi, Kyle! @superkyle221 ! I've had maybe six ideas pop up about how you could continue, if you wanted to. Now, granted, none of these are likely to be the exact idea you'd want to pursue, but chances are that one or more of them could spark an idea of your own that would interest and engage you!

The point is that your story is so rich, with so much back-lore and so much thought and creativity put into it, that it definitely is still viable, without the original game files.

Chances are it's a bit too early to think about continuing--we need to take time after a loss to get our bearings back, and you've probably got a lot of details you need to take care of regarding the break in, plus some time to care for yourself, your household, and give things time to get back on track after such a harsh disruption.

Please just know that, after you've given yourself that time, there will definitely be ways to continue, if you choose, and all of us will be here to provide encouragement, sounding (what's the word? bells?)--sounding bells, and the story can live on, if you choose!

At the present, lots of support and warmth to you!

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    KarilanKarilan Posts: 2,935 Member
    So sorry to hear that @superkyle221 ! I really hope you're able to get it back. :(
    D2vFwMN.jpg
    My hubby causes chaos in How To Live With Grace - - Pine Point tells Miranda Cole's survival tale - - Criminals build legacies in Glassbolt Prison
  • Options
    For_EorzeaFor_Eorzea Posts: 380 Member
    @superkyle221
    I fervently hope for you to get your stuff back! You do have pics of the most important sims in your story, so you'd perhaps be able to make likenesses of them even though you hadn't uploaded them into the Gallery?
  • Options
    Yeah, I could try! I'm not super great at it, but... that's sort of where my head is at. It'll take me a while to get it one, though. Maybe Wendy will have had a surprise nose job?
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, I could try! I'm not super great at it, but... that's sort of where my head is at. It'll take me a while to get it one, though. Maybe Wendy will have had a surprise nose job?

I'm happy to give it a try, too! (And I do have one of your Sims in my library! :) )

EDIT: What I did once was make a first-draft of a recreation of a Sim for the writer: then, she took what I'd done and was able to adjust it in CAS so it looked passable. And she worked into her story some sort of major trauma, which accounted for the subtle change in experience, and also the change in the Sim (because Sims are so influenced by how they've been played that when we get new replacements, they're just different--in pose, animation, interaction, and so on... the chemistry [which can be seen in the screenshots] is different...). Anyway, if you've been through a Saturn return, or if you've known someone who's gone through trauma or a major life-changing event (or a stroke or major health crisis), then you'll see that they simply LOOK different after that. The event changes even their appearance...

• Options
    I've got a new Lighthouse chapter! :)

This chapter features guest appearances by @Xantheanmar 's Elui and @kkira555 's Momo Mori and family!

Lighthouse: Sparks of Dream

• Options
    My Sunday project was to work on my next chapter and I did it! Xilla finally gets her kitten!

KITTEN
    12-07-17_8-38-41c2a0pm.png?w=1000&h=500&crop=1
  • Options
    @CathyTea I'm happy we finally get to see the
    space pups you mentioned long before! :smiley: I think Mop was my favorite!

(I spoilered it just in case so others can be surprised, ha!)
  • Options
    I've got a new chapter! Lighthouse: Too Early Spring
    Many thanks to @superkyle221 for the Sim that Santi comes from and for generously sharing ideas![/url]

• Options
    CathyTea wrote: »
    I've got a new chapter! Lighthouse: Too Early Spring
    Many thanks to @superkyle221 for the Sim that Santi comes from and for generously sharing ideas![/url]

Of course! I'm glad to see her worked in!
  • Options
    Also, I've posted a brief update of the last few days. You can read it here.

Long story short: the story will go on a brief hiatus. Hopefully it'll be up and running in a bit.
  • Options
    I've got a new chapter, Lighthouse: Magic

And how is everyone?

• Options
    Loved the chapter @CathyTea - I like what's going on with Santi.

I'm doing well! I've got a lot of plans for how I'm going to end the childhood portion of this challenge, and I'm coming up with more ideas as I take this unintended hiatus.
  • Options
    I had an unexpected alien abduction while playing the Yomins yesterday, so thought I'd slip in some references to things form the collab near the end of chapter six. If anyone thinks I should change or remove them, I will. Though if I wasn't planning to have Indra move out, I think he'd take an interest in the Rebellion.
    image.png
  • Options
    Next chapter up for me! Lili was abducted and she was not pleased...

Abducted
    12-07-17_10-06-49c2a0pm.png?w=1000&h=500&crop=1