Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We care! Supporting Simmers going through hard times.

Comments

• Options
    SassycottonSassycotton Posts: 438 Member
    I don't know what to do for him either
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    I don't know what to do for him either

Hello @Sassycotton
    Telling him that you are thinking of him would help him very much. When people are grieving and missing their loved ones, knowing that others are thinking of them is very comforting to them. It helps them though the pain and carries them through the days <3
  • Options
    Ok will do. What do you do on days like this?
  • Options
    Ok will do. What do you do on days like this?

Hello @Sassycotton
    It is best to take each day by day. Through our life we have some days that are better than others, then others that are not too good. For the harder and more painful days, we endure through it knowing that there are people that love and care about us, just as we love and care about them, We know that there will be better days. The sun is still shining , even when it may be hidden by cloudy skies.
    Sending hugs to you <3
  • Options
    Thank you. I feel like Elsa and Anna both!
  • Options
    SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    Morning all. I've been very ill since last night. I started feeling dizzy in the shops and wouldn't eat my dinner. My back wasn't helping either. It's been very sore since yesterday morning. I've had a cold compress on me all night. It's worked a lot, but my eyes are still hurting. I wear glasses but my glasses are really bright in the lenses, so that doesn't help. I guess with a bit of dry food, I'll be better later. Just resting my back as well.

@james64468 so sorry to hear your foster mother is ill and so is your father. Have they worked out what your father has? Does he have asthma, because that might be a symptom? Sending big hugs to you and I wish both your foster mother and birth father a get well soon <3
  • Options
    Sephardic wrote: »
    Morning all. I've been very ill since last night. I started feeling dizzy in the shops and wouldn't eat my dinner. My back wasn't helping either. It's been very sore since yesterday morning. I've had a cold compress on me all night. It's worked a lot, but my eyes are still hurting. I wear glasses but my glasses are really bright in the lenses, so that doesn't help. I guess with a bit of dry food, I'll be better later. Just resting my back as well.

@james64468 so sorry to hear your foster mother is ill and so is your father. Have they worked out what your father has? Does he have asthma, because that might be a symptom? Sending big hugs to you and I wish both your foster mother and birth father a get well soon <3

Hello @Sephardic
    I am sorry that you are feeling ill :( I send hugs to you <3 It is not nice at all that you have been feeling dizzy., have sore eyes ,and have lost your appetite, as well as needing to endure through your back pain. It sounds like you may be experiencing a migraine. It may be best to try to get as much sleep,as you can. Sleeping helps with the renewing and healing of our bodies.
    I hope that you feel a bit better very soon <3
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    this thread has good intentions and good moderators. but if it were on a site with more "lenience," so to speak, it's a perfect place for kids and trolls to target people, call them "emo," or say they're just trying to get attention. THAT'S what I hate. I suffer from bipolar disorder type II, PTSD, and social anxiety disorder. therapy doesn't work for me, so I have to do sort of self therapy. a lot of it has to do with trying not to be ashamed or afraid of my disorders, but also to be open about them. but you know what I get if I mention ANY of my issue battling this stuff?

"omigawd your so emo! stop trying to get attention! no one pities you! get over it!"

it is absolutely infuriating! for one, I am twenty-seven years old, so why would I care about fashion? I hardly consider "emo" an actual fashion. I consider it vomit. for two, again, I'm an adult, why would I be trying to get attention? since I create stuff, sure, I want attention, but POSITIVE attention that you get from working hard and sharing the final result. ooh, and then there's the pity. why is it that, when anyone is honest about their problems, people automatically think we want pity?? or they accuse us of faking it, or even thinking we're "special" because we have a disorder or two. any disabled person I've met, physical or mental, agrees with me that pity and sympathy are the WORST. I don't want to be pitied, I don't want people saying, "I feel sorry for you," it makes me feel like I should feel sorry for myself. all I want from people is understanding of why I say the things I say or do the things I do. and then you're harassed because "being so misunderstood" is such an "emo" thing to say. but it's true, isn't it? a good chunk of the population doesn't understand mental illness. and special? excuse me, I am one out of 8 billion people in the world, that means I'm within a certain percentage of people suffering from mental illness. HOW could I think I'm special? no one is special or unique, it's impossible. it gets worse when, if I show just a tiny ounce of self esteem, I get called a narcissist. I have extremely low self esteem, so much that it's very unhealthy. so when I finally feel a little good about myself, why am I shot down? it's happened all my life, and it has me TRAINED. whenever I feel good about myself, I have to tell myself how worthless I am, and how I'm just a piece of plum. I have to punish myself for feeling something all humans feel.

people say, "don't let them get to you." but you know, even when on my meds, it's impossible to not let them get to me, it's out of my control. it's one of the many things I hate about myself, but during my life, no matter how hard I try, I cannot keep it from bothering me. and I know they're just stupid, I know they're probably little teenagers that haven't got a single empathetic cell in their bodies, but no matter how much I tell myself that, it doesn't convince me to ignore the harassment. I was bullied throughout all of my school career and am a victim of child abuse, so I thought it would all be over when I grew to be an adult. NO. I'm almost thirty pluming years old, and I STILL get bullied. I'm sorry that I didn't choose this, if I could get rid of it, I would in a heartbeat, but you cannot get rid of mental illness.

this is part of my self therapy; venting. I do it to trick my mind into thinking someone is listening, though I usually keep it to my blog or youtube so there's a high level chance that people won't care. I'm honestly surprised how many people on youtube listen to hours of me ranting, they say they like hearing my voice, and like listening because they can relate. I never expected that, I expected people to be bored of it. still, it helps get stuff out, and it feels good, whether or not someone listens, whether or not they leave a comment, I couldn't care less. I just have no one to talk to because my boyfriend works forty hours a week. I just keep asking myself why people have to be idiots? why do people feel the need to attack others for no reason? THAT'S what I want to know. if I haven't done something wrong to you, you have no right to do something wrong to me. if you do something wrong to me, you're giving me the right to fight back, so I'm going to defend myself. but if I try to defend myself, I'm shamed for doing that too.

"Some people are just born into tragedy." -Donnie Darko. I seriously believe it's true. I was a mistake, I was physically, mentally, and emotionally abused by people who were supposed to love me, and people I did nothing wrong to. I'm sick, I need to take a bunch of pills every day, and adult stresses make things even worse. I know I'm not the worst case out there, I would NEVER think that. but people who have to deal with these problems, whether their cases are lesser than mine or ten times worse, we just can't seem to escape torment. I'm just sick and tired of everyone.

I don't really care if anyone responds to this, but if you do, please do not give me pity or sympathy. I cannot count how many times people say "I feel so sorry for you," and it drives me up the plumming wall.
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    SephardicSephardic Posts: 251 Member
    @rosemow I have never had a migraine, but my sister has many due to having Irritable vowel syndrome. I also thought migraines were for people with IVS. I would usually resort to fluid medicine. I'm not one for paracetamol or tablets. They make me feel sick even more. Same with my back. I have to get my dad to crush paracetamol in watery juice and make me drink it and I get a jaffa cake. I just don't know whether to take my fluid medication that I take for my back. I've had a lot this week due to on going pain in my spine. Having so many health issues is horrible. On top of having scoliosis, I have Discalculia (maths version of Dislexiya) and hypermobility. If it's not me, my dad has severe depression and PTSD and my sister with obviously IVS, like I said earlier. :(:'(
  • Options
    Hello @Reitanna
    I read through all that you wrote. I send big hugs to you <3 It is helpful therapy for you to write down how you are feeling. It also helps all who read what you have written to better understand how you are feeling.
    I will keep you in my thoughts.
  • Options
    Sephardic wrote: »
    @rosemow I have never had a migraine, but my sister has many due to having Irritable vowel syndrome. I also thought migraines were for people with IVS. I would usually resort to fluid medicine. I'm not one for paracetamol or tablets. They make me feel sick even more. Same with my back. I have to get my dad to crush paracetamol in watery juice and make me drink it and I get a jaffa cake. I just don't know whether to take my fluid medication that I take for my back. I've had a lot this week due to on going pain in my spine. Having so many health issues is horrible. On top of having scoliosis, I have Discalculia (maths version of Dislexiya) and hypermobility. If it's not me, my dad has severe depression and PTSD and my sister with obviously IVS, like I said earlier. :(:'(

Hello @Sephardic
    Many people have migraines. It is experienced by people who have a wide variety of medical conditions, as well as people who have not been diagnosed as having a certain condition. It can be quite debilitating when a migraine comes, and can leave sufferers quite weakened. Having the fluid medication may help to ease the pain that you are experiencing.
    It is not nice that you and your family are enduring through your health issues. It is awful for you :( You would be very empathetic to each other’s health needs and issues, as you caringly and lovingly look after each other,
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    fewlinesfewlines Posts: 1,488 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Reitanna, i don't feel sorry for you. just sorry that you have to go through that 🐸🐸🐸🐸. know what i mean?

IMO, nobody can tell you how it feels/that it gets better/etc., because that is simply something they don't know. they can't 🐸🐸🐸🐸 pretend to live inside your head, or to go through your personal experience. pity tends to be more common than empathy, i think. and for lots of people, it's easier to assume things than to sit down and listen to someone to get their point of view and not keep a bloody textbook-like definition of how things are.

because even if nobody is "special" (like you said, there's just too many people out there) i still think everyone can react to and experience things somewhat differently, be it because of a personal experience, an environment thing, or any other combination of factors that might be a positive or negative influence. things in common? sure. ways to cope? can be similar, or not. some people will relate, which obviously means that similar things can happen to lots of people. but still, we're all individuals and have every right to express our feelings or whatever else we want. it's not fair to have to cancel things out because we're not "special"/we need to get over it/etc.

also, i think it's great you have both youtube and a blog (and maybe this place, too) as outlets.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    Last night's supper turned out to be good.. Mom suggested I look up more skillet dinners
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member
    edited January 2018
    My Grandma died. In 2013 my Grandma was diagnosed with Parkinsons, a disease that damages your brain. All she had was a slight tremor,
    that was all, she was like any other grandparent. Until it started getting worst, she began to not walk. We were very close, and I don't know how I can explain how close we were. On December 10th 2017, she passed away. Even when she was alive, she was always in my heart. Everyone in my family has a very special place in their heart just for her. Now I can never stop thinking about her, I know it seems stupid, but now I always cry. Luckily she was cremated, and no pain remains. She didn't pass away because parkinsons, with parkinsons sometimes you have trouble swallowing, and she couldn't eat or drink.
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Last night's supper turned out to be good.. Mom suggested I look up more skillet dinners

Hello @MadameLee
    It is great that the skillet dinner supper turned out to be good :) It would be good to do what your Mother suggested and look for more skillet dinners that you may like to cook.
  • Options
    millsmolls wrote: »
    My Grandma died. In 2013 my Grandma was diagnosed with Parkinsons, a disease that damages your brain. All she had was a slight tremor,
    that was all, she was like any other grandparent. Until it started getting worst, she began to not walk. We were very close, and I don't know how I can explain how close we were. On December 10th 2017, she passed away. Even when she was alive, she was always in my heart. Everyone in my family has a very special place in their heart just for her. Now I can never stop thinking about her, I know it seems stupid, but now I always cry. Luckily she was cremated, and no pain remains. She didn't pass away because parkinsons, with parkinsons sometimes you have trouble swallowing, and she couldn't eat or drink.

Hello @millsmolls
    I send big hugs to you <3 with the passing away of your previous, loving and much loved grandmother. It is very special that your grandmother and yourself were very close. You will have the many treasured and special memories of times spent with her in your heart, remaining with you always. It is not stupid at all that thinking of her always makes you cry. She was very close to you, and we miss very much our loved ones who have passed away. Crying and tears are a very natural response in our grief. They speak deeper than words, and come as a natural response from our heart.
    I send more hugs to you <3
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    @Sephardic hope you are feeling better soon. sending lotsa gentle hugs. <3

@Reitanna thanks for sharing your experiences and how you feel. hope you have a good day today. sending lots of hugs your way. <3

@millsmolls it's really tough to get through the loss of a loved one. sending lots of hugs to you and your family during this difficult time. <3

• Options
    zoeh7zoeh7 Posts: 133 Member

@Reitanna thanks for sharing your experiences and how you feel. hope you have a good day today. sending lots of hugs your way. <3

@millsmolls it's really tough to get through the loss of a loved one. sending lots of hugs to you and your family during this difficult time. <3

Thank you <3<3<3
    Origin ID: Th3SimsFactory
    Please add me on Origin!
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Hi all, hope everyone is well :)
    I'm worn out lol. After my dog took off last week (and came back), my mum has shingles so I'm having to look after her. I've never cooked so often in my life lol But it's good in a way cos now I know how to cook stuff I've never cooked before, and neither of us got food poisoning so win win :D
    I might go collapse on the sofa with my dog though now, she's worn herself out too after running about like a loon in the snow
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    Hi all, hope everyone is well :)
    I'm worn out lol. After my dog took off last week (and came back), my mum has shingles so I'm having to look after her. I've never cooked so often in my life lol But it's good in a way cos now I know how to cook stuff I've never cooked before, and neither of us got food poisoning so win win :D
    I might go collapse on the sofa with my dog though now, she's worn herself out too after running about like a loon in the snow

Hello @KoumoriDiru
    I am sorry that your Mum has shingles :( It would be so very painful and tiring on her. I hope that she feels a bit more better each day.
    You are very caring, kind and thougtful to look after, cook the meals and care for her <3 She would be very much appreciate all that you are doing for her. It is great that you are learning new recipes through do the cooking! :)
    I hope that you enjoy having a rest on the sofa with your dog now :)
    I send hugs to you <3
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    Thank you @rosemow :)
    She's not had the greatest couple of years, but she's my mum so I'll do anything for her.
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    TeoKnowsBestTeoKnowsBest Posts: 81 Member
    Well, my family is stressing me out for about an year now, and for about 4 more months to come due to the high school entrance exam. They want me to pass it with a score higher than 9.50. Studying isn't the hardest part, the stress and the fear is. Everyone is so afraid of this exam and everyone is telling me that it's the biggest step in my life so far and stuff like that. I feel very anxious and stressed! I am barely allowed to buy stuff for myself other than books for school or things that I need because my family considers those "distractions". I just cannot wait until this is over...

Origin: TeoKnowsBest
  • Options
    Well, my family is stressing me out for about an year now, and for about 4 more months to come due to the high school entrance exam. They want me to pass it with a score higher than 9.50. Studying isn't the hardest part, the stress and the fear is. Everyone is so afraid of this exam and everyone is telling me that it's the biggest step in my life so far and stuff like that. I feel very anxious and stressed! I am barely allowed to buy stuff for myself other than books for school or things that I need because my family considers those "distractions". I just cannot wait until this is over...

Hello @PacoMaster2003
    It is a very stressful situation that you are experiencing, which would not be helping you in your studies. Your family would be naturally wanting the best for you, but underneath it all they love you and care for you, and that doesn’t change whatever the results of the high school entrance exam. The entrance exam is a big step in your life, but there are always alternatives if things don’t work out as you would want them to be. You and your health are the very most important things. I send big hugs to you <3 It is a hard situation you are under, but try to also find time to do other things also to give your mind and body a break from studying, then you can come back to studying feeling refreshed, and the studying will be more productive and beneficial. Breaks to listen to music, stopping to have some food or a drink, going for a short walk can all help to ease stress and tension.
    I hope that these next few months until you have the exam go as best as possible for you.
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,757 Member
    edited January 2018
    Dad doesn't know what to have for supper and with Mom's wrist we wouldn't have Asian food for awhile- Dad didn't get any when he was out. It just I don't really want to have plain old leftover chicken and who-knows what else since Dad only knows like 4 meals and I can only stand them twice a week at the most. and the majority of them are all the same. The recepies for Asian-stuff on Delish claim they're easy but for someone who never made Asian stuff it looks hard.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Dad doesn't know what to have for supper and with Mom's wrist we wouldn't have Asian food for awhile- Dad didn't get any when he was out. It just I don't really want to have plain old leftover chicken and who-knows what else since Dad only knows like 4 meals and I can only stand them twice a week at the most. and the majority of them are all the same. The recepies for Asian-stuff on Delish claim they're easy but for someone who never made Asian stuff it looks hard.

Hello
    Perhaps your Dad could add a different sauce or topping to one of his meals that he knows how to make, and it may make the meals look and taste a bit different. Perhaps add an extra ingredient like cheese to the meal,
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top