Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Laundry Day Livestream Coming Jan 12th

Comments

• Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    I’m impressed with lint trap death >:)

There's a new death?!?!?!

(Have not seen the livestream yet)
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    edited January 2018

wait lint traps are small how would a sim fit?

i haven't seen the stream yet.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Lint trap fires >:)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    edited January 2018

It’s not a new type of death but if you don’t clean out the lint trap on the dryer regularly it can catch fire. Children can do laundry too...
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    icmnfrsh wrote: »
    Lint trap fires >:)

Gram made comments about the kids doing laundry and the fire, you know, since the kids can't extinguish the fires. Deviant players should be thrilled!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    wild4simswild4sims Posts: 45 Member
    too funny love it
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    I really love how ridiculously elaborate the whole laundry system is. And I love that they separated so many of the decor items :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    AprilDawnAprilDawn Posts: 795 Member
    I am really impressed for a laundry pack - they put a lot into this! Even toddlers and kids and pets get some interactions. And - lint trap fires and electrocutions repairing electronics while standing in a puddle! Funny - I just told my daughter yesterday to turn off the dryer before we left the house because dryer lint can start on fire!
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    I am still not excited about laundry in the game, but you have to give it to them, they really went all out with the idea and then some. It is pretty impressive for what it is. What is pretty great, is that flowers are finally good for something - laundry scent, who would have thunk it? And I do like the furniture and CAS (especially the boots!).
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    I am still not excited about laundry in the game, but you have to give it to them, they really went all out with the idea and then some. It is pretty impressive for what it is. What is pretty great, is that flowers are finally good for something - laundry scent, who would have thunk it? And I do like the furniture and CAS (especially the boots!).

I've only been using flowers for money and when I have a scientist. I will have to replant some flowers because I had removed all my flower plants to cut down on watering/weeding.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

If the lint trap is dirty, it can catch on fire and you can catch on fire and you can die. If the washer breaks and you try to fix it but get electrocuted while standing in water, you die. So, the same old ways to die but two new objects to die by.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I am quite impressed by how detailed laundry is! I am liking this more than I ever thought. Good job Sims 4 team!
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    I would never have expected so much detail. You could see how excited Graham was and that got me excited. Probably one of the few stuff packs that are worth my money.

I never thought I'd get this excited over laundry lol
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    simlish1simlish1 Posts: 2,738 Member
    Just the sound of the washing machine as it washes the clothes! :D
    Origin ID - eliselove1
    Four Seasons Properties

• Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Aw man! *feeling sad* :'( I missed it, and they never answer me! Well that's OK, I'll wait until the livestream of the game pack this year!
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    I don't know if they mentioned this but can sims carry dirty laundry in their inventories? If so then laundromats may be somewhat possible to make in game.
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

If the lint trap is dirty, it can catch on fire and you can catch on fire and you can die. If the washer breaks and you try to fix it but get electrocuted while standing in water, you die. So, the same old ways to die but two new objects to die by.

I wonder if there is a chance of death by electrocution whilst standing in water fixing say the dishwasher or the fridge? Probably not.

I like that in the sims 3.
  • Options
    samlyt22samlyt22 Posts: 527 Member
    aprilrose wrote: »
    I don't know if they mentioned this but can sims carry dirty laundry in their inventories? If so then laundromats may be somewhat possible to make in game.

Yes our sims can carry laundry in their inventory. In the livestream they put machines in the gym and had their sim visit to use them. They even added a colour variant to the machines that has a coin slot to make them seem like they belong in a laundromat.

I enjoyed laundry in sims 3 but wasn't greatly missing it and wasn't sure it was worth the money. But after seeing how detailed it is as well as the CAS and furniture, I'm really excited for this pack.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,436 Member
    edited January 2018
    12JEREMIA wrote: »
    Aw man! *feeling sad* :'( I missed it, and they never answer me! Well that's OK, I'll wait until the livestream of the game pack this year!

SimsVip has the replay and it's the YouTube Version.
    https://youtu.be/TZ3VaOO-zDg
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member

I wonder if there is a chance of death by electrocution whilst standing in water fixing say the dishwasher or the fridge? Probably not.

There are 2 deaths coming. You can die of dryer fire and electrocution from trying to fix washer that has puddle.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

SimsVip has the replay and it's the YouTube Version.
    https://youtu.be/TZ3VaOO-zDg
    Nevermind Cat I'm good! I'll wait for a different livestream!
  • Options
    sillyangel0906sillyangel0906 Posts: 5,406 Member

I especially like that we only need to have one hamper on the lot and where ever your Sim changes, the clothes will go into it. Unless they are a slob, which makes complete sense. That detail alone made me a lot more happier about laundry. I love that kids can do laundry as well.

I was going to buy the pack anyway for the CAS and BB items but now I will also buy it for the laundry aspect as well.
    Origin ID - Sillyangel0906

Q7wLwse.png
  • Options
    alan650111 wrote: »

There are 2 deaths coming. You can die of dryer fire and electrocution from trying to fix washer that has puddle.

I know, I was just hoping it would be applied to other electric items that use water.
  • Options
    I especially like that we only need to have one hamper on the lot and where ever your Sim changes, the clothes will go into it. Unless they are a slob, which makes complete sense. That detail alone made me a lot more happier about laundry. I love that kids can do laundry as well.

I was going to buy the pack anyway for the CAS and BB items but now I will also buy it for the laundry aspect as well.

Ever since TS4 came out I've been adding hampers to all the bedrooms and bathrooms with tub/showers because I was hoping for laundry someday. I was so excited that I don't need ALL of them! They said the hampers hold 20 changes so my larger families may need two hampers, but in a 5 bedroom 3 bath house that cuts the needed hampers by 6!

So far, everything I've learned has made this pack more than I had expected and I'm even more excited today than I was when it was announced.

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam