Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is the deal with the "stop stealing" on the gallery?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    I don't see any actual reason to defend reuploading, it doesn't do anything good for the community. It bloats the main pages of the gallery up with duplicates and untalented names. It makes it 100x harder for me to find people who are actually good builders to follow. It also discourages the people who are actually putting time and effort into making good builds from uploading their work.

People aren't selling their builds and sims. They're not making money off of putting them on the gallery. The only thing they get out of uploading them is community feedback and appreciation. So all of this about how "at the end of the day, it belongs to EA anyway" is rather irrelevant. It's easy to say "don't like it? don't upload!" but that would be precisely why the gallery is in such a poor state right now : )
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    AeyellaAeyella Posts: 26 Member
    the only reason to defend it would be if you are a reuploader.

but for the rest of us (even people who dont upload anything to the gallery, like myself), it just makes the gallery harder to use.
    I don't see the point in using the gallery as a cloud for backup, sorry. That's not its intended purpose and it's easy to backup your own tray folder to your own computer or storage cloud.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    Aeyella wrote: »

but for the rest of us (even people who dont upload anything to the gallery, like myself), it just makes the gallery harder to use.
    I don't see the point in using the gallery as a cloud for backup, sorry. That's not its intended purpose and it's easy to backup your own tray folder to your own computer or storage cloud.

there is no way I would hold all My creations on My computer , since I made well over 2ooo of them, that is just ridiculous to say to keep everything on your own computer, when the Gallery holds them all with no problem, Yes you can use a USB port, but even then you need a few of those if your a die Hard Creator like I am, it is easier to keep them in the Gallery so you can pick them out faster, but that is for My use instead of My computer using up all that space, to Me that is a waste of space.
  • Options
    LyouflnLyoufln Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited January 2018
    @CyrusTheLoser and @Aeyella. I agree with you guys.

I like posting my builds on the gallery because I like making stuff. Some folks have downloaded my stuff, and it makes me happy to think other people are enjoying what I build. Of course people are gonna add/remove furniture from my builds in their own games for personal gaming, because what if someone wants a green bedroom instead of a blue one? (I uh, tend to make a lot of blue rooms :D)

However, I'd be really sad if someone changed something like furniture or wallpaper and re-uploaded it as theirs. I spent hours on that stuff man. Golden rule, amiright?

I know there's no rules regarding this stuff, perhaps it's more of a curtesy thing. Wouldn't it just feel wrong to upload something that you just changed a few things in, but that you didn't actually create?
  • Options
    > @BlueBlack007 said:
    > Aeyella wrote: »
    >
    > the only reason to defend it would be if you are a reuploader.
    >
    > but for the rest of us (even people who dont upload anything to the gallery, like myself), it just makes the gallery harder to use.
    > I don't see the point in using the gallery as a cloud for backup, sorry. That's not its intended purpose and it's easy to backup your own tray folder to your own computer or storage cloud.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > there is no way I would hold all My creations on My computer , since I made well over 2ooo of them, that is just ridiculous to say to keep everything on your own computer, when the Gallery holds them all with no problem, Yes you can use a USB port, but even then you need a few of those if your a die Hard Creator like I am, it is easier to keep them in the Gallery so you can pick them out faster, but that is for My use instead of My computer using up all that space, to Me that is a waste of space.

1. If they are "your creations" then you are not in the group of people I'm talking about. If they are reuploaded creations that you are putting back on the gallery just as backup, then you are.
    2. If you are in that latter group of people, yes, I think it's absurd that there are people so selfish that they would clog up the gallery and reupload people's work for the sake of back up, of all things. It's obviously not an intended feature of the gallery, it's just abuse by users that can't be controlled. First of all, tray folders are not that big in size, even if you have thousands of items in them. You can get FREE cloud storage to hold your tray folder and then it won't even have to be on your computer.
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    > @BlueBlack007 said:
    >
    >
    > but for the rest of us (even people who dont upload anything to the gallery, like myself), it just makes the gallery harder to use.
    > I don't see the point in using the gallery as a cloud for backup, sorry. That's not its intended purpose and it's easy to backup your own tray folder to your own computer or storage cloud.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > there is no way I would hold all My creations on My computer , since I made well over 2ooo of them, that is just ridiculous to say to keep everything on your own computer, when the Gallery holds them all with no problem, Yes you can use a USB port, but even then you need a few of those if your a die Hard Creator like I am, it is easier to keep them in the Gallery so you can pick them out faster, but that is for My use instead of My computer using up all that space, to Me that is a waste of space.

1. If they are "your creations" then you are not in the group of people I'm talking about. If they are reuploaded creations that you are putting back on the gallery just as backup, then you are.
    2. If you are in that latter group of people, yes, I think it's absurd that there are people so selfish that they would clog up the gallery and reupload people's work for the sake of back up, of all things. It's obviously not an intended feature of the gallery, it's just abuse by users that can't be controlled. First of all, tray folders are not that big in size, even if you have thousands of items in them. You can get FREE cloud storage to hold your tray folder and then it won't even have to be on your computer.

Nope I am not one of those people then, I do not re-upload anything in My game, I only add what I make to the Gallery, :)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    I dont really get it either. I mean i can understand why someone would be upset.... But like..... Not for longer than 5 minutes.
    "Awh man! Someone reuploaded my house and only changed the bathroom! What a weirdo." Would be my thought. Then I'd move on because i dont see why it would matter. Its just a game, after all.
    Or, "someone reuploaded my house and didnt change anything!?!?.... What a weirdo"
    It does not effect your life at all, it is just a game.
    There are some really elaborate houses on the gallery! Beautiful ones that I'm sure took a lot of time. But the player is taking their time to build because the enjoy it. They choose to share it on the gallery... For what reason? So others can use it. If someone downloads the house and makes improvements, then reuploads it, why does it matter?
    (I'm ignoring the fact that some people maybe are "stealing" just for likes and clicks, for their own satisfaction. Which is probably a mental illness. And really, just ignore it)
    What it comes down to, though, is the player doesnt own EA or the gallery. Once its there, its there. The gallery is awesome, lets not turn it into something it doesnt have to be (a popularity contest)

I feel the same way
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member

I don't reupload and I defend it.

If people have the right to do it, they will do it, it is simple as that. We shouldn't be dictating how anyone must behave when it doesn't cause any harm. Let alone calling thief strangers online who couldn't be more clueless about how our ego works.

The rage should be directed to EA, no one else.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    MelpomenaMelpomena Posts: 207 Member
    edited January 2018
    I don't see any actual reason to defend reuploading, it doesn't do anything good for the community. It bloats the main pages of the gallery up with duplicates and untalented names. It makes it 100x harder for me to find people who are actually good builders to follow. It also discourages the people who are actually putting time and effort into making good builds from uploading their work.

People aren't selling their builds and sims. They're not making money off of putting them on the gallery. The only thing they get out of uploading them is community feedback and appreciation. So all of this about how "at the end of the day, it belongs to EA anyway" is rather irrelevant. It's easy to say "don't like it? don't upload!" but that would be precisely why the gallery is in such a poor state right now : )

100% Agreed !

The only reuploads that are acceptable to me are the EA/Maxis creations for those who wish to offer revisited versions, well identified as such. EA/Maxis creations are not personnal, they are made under the name of the company for players to play with.

Making changes and reuploading a player's creations is disrespectful. If you download a creation and change it for your game only, it's ok, but changing it to reuplaod it, is an insult to the creator's work.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    What everyone needs to remember is that when you download something from the community gallery and change things and re-upload it does have the original creators name still there. And there is no way, that I know of, to remove it. I feel flattered when someone uses my builds, it means I built something good.
  • Options
    > @DominicLaurence said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't reupload and I defend it.
    >
    > If people have the right to do it, they will do it, it is simple as that. We shouldn't be dictating how anyone must behave when it doesn't cause any harm. Let alone calling thief strangers online who couldn't be more clueless about how our ego works.
    >
    > The rage should be directed to EA, no one else.

What are you even talking about?

No one is "dictating the way others behave". This is just a question of whether it's wrong or right to do something. If the only defense you have for it being a good thing to do is "If people have the right to do it, they will do it" (which I'm not gonna lie, I laughed reading), then you aren't really presenting much, are you.

As for "not causing harm", plenty of reasons were already given as to why reuploading causes harm to the gallery itself, even if we were to ignore personal feelings and "egos".

As for the repetitive dismissive argument I see over and over this thread which consists of the unoriginal sentiments of "Get over yourself", "It's not hurting anyone", "It's not a big deal", all I can say is thanks for stating the obvious? No one said it's a life or death matter. At the end of the day we're discussing a topic on a sims forum, in the grand scheme of the world nothing on this forum matters. Expressing concern over the topic doesn't mean it's the most important thing in the world to me. The way I see it is simple. If a talented creator listens to the oh-so helpful advice in this thread to "stop uploading" if reuploading bothers them, the whole community loses out.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member

This. This , this!
  • Options
    DominicLaurenceDominicLaurence Posts: 3,398 Member
    edited January 2018
    > @DominicLaurence said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If people have the right to do it, they will do it, it is simple as that. We shouldn't be dictating how anyone must behave when it doesn't cause any harm. Let alone calling thief strangers online who couldn't be more clueless about how our ego works.
    >

No one is "dictating the way others behave". This is just a question of whether it's wrong or right to do something. If the only defense you have for it being a good thing to do is "If people have the right to do it, they will do it" (which I'm not gonna lie, I laughed reading), then you aren't really presenting much, are you.

As for "not causing harm", plenty of reasons were already given as to why reuploading causes harm to the gallery itself, even if we were to ignore personal feelings and "egos".

As for the repetitive dismissive argument I see over and over this thread which consists of the unoriginal sentiments of "Get over yourself", "It's not hurting anyone", "It's not a big deal", all I can say is thanks for stating the obvious? No one said it's a life or death matter. At the end of the day we're discussing a topic on a sims forum, in the grand scheme of the world nothing on this forum matters. Expressing concern over the topic doesn't mean it's the most important thing in the world to me. The way I see it is simple. If a talented creator listens to the oh-so helpful advice in this thread to "stop uploading" if reuploading bothers them, the whole community loses out.

Well, you're the one who didn't get it. First stating that to defend it means we reupload, which really doesn't make sense. Then implying it is wrong, or needed defense, when in fact people are in their right to reupload. It's contradictory. And we shouldn't need more than that to let them do it. Calling it "stealing" is an easy way of coercion, and it's [edit]not[/] even what's happening. Your laugh only shows that you didn't understand, but sorry if I haven't explained it enough.

I can see how it makes the gallery somewhat excrescent, that's why I think complaints are only really useful if directed to EA, who clearly allow all that to happen. People will play.

Yes, it's all obvious. If a telented creator can't handle things the way they are, one can fight to change it, my take on OP's point was that calling it stealing is unfair and I agree.
    ID: StGerris
    Legacy Photomode
  • Options
    TheGoodOldGamerTheGoodOldGamer Posts: 3,559 Member
    I use the gallery as a cloud version of 'My Library'. When I see mentions on the main area of people downloading my stuff, it amuses me and I'm like "Why? You can seriously do better!" :D But I honestly don't care what people do with it. It's not like I have any royalties off it. But if I get a new computer down the line or something, my builds are there for me to get again.
    Live, laugh and love. Life's too short not to.
  • Options
    TheHarbinger_51TheHarbinger_51 Posts: 1,702 Member
    I would like to see it made to where you literally cant even re-upload something unless you made it yourself. That or having to ask the original artist for approval.
  • Options
    > Well, you're the one who didn't get it. First stating that to defend it means we reupload, which really doesn't make sense. Then implying it is wrong, or needed defense, when in fact people are in their right to reupload. It's contradictory. And we shouldn't need more than that to let them do it. Calling it "stealing" is an easy way of coercion, and it's [edit]not[/] even what's happening. Your laugh only shows that you didn't understand, but sorry if I haven't explained it enough.
    >
    > I can see how it makes the gallery somewhat excrescent, that's why I think complaints are only really useful if directed to EA, who clearly allow all that to happen. People will play.
    >
    > Yes, it's all obvious. If a telented creator can't handle things the way they are, one can fight to change it, my take on OP's point was that calling it stealing is unfair and I agree.

A correction: My statement was not that anyone who defends reuploading is a reuploader. What I actually said was that the only logical reason I could see for defending it was if the defender was a reuploader, because it has no benefit to the rest of us. That doesn't mean there aren't people out there who don't reupload and will defend it anyway... people argue for pointless things all of the time. Why? I've no idea. Perhaps out of sheer boredom. Until someone makes a decent argument as to why reuploading is a good thing for the gallery, however, (and "People will do what they have the right to do" doesn't cut it for me, sorry) I'm going to continue to feel this way.

Why don't creators complain to EA? I can think of two reasons. For starters, there's nothing EA can do to combat reuploading without severely sacrificing gallery functionality, which is already highly limited as is. Second, as others have said, this isn't really a big deal to anyone. If a creator sees their work reuploaded constantly, and decides to stop sharing their work, they lose nothing. The real losers in such a situation are the people of the community (like me) who are too lazy to build and want to find pretty things to fill my game with. There's plenty of things I can point my finger at EA about, but a community which fails to respect itself isn't one of them.
  • Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    The bottom line is that this is a respect thing. Creators put in all the effort and creativity into making these builds and they feel proud of their work. Proud enough for them to put them on the gallery for everyone to see. Most creators don't mind if they're being downloaded and used for their personal gaming experience. It's when those people who make minor changes and reupload someone else's work as their own that changes things. Some creators don't mind it but have the respect and courtesy to credit and acknowledge the original creator. Whether or not you can see the original creator, the person who reuploads it should do it themselves.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Jenna2376 wrote: »
    I guess that makes sense, it's the only thing that does. I don't care how many favs, likes, and comments I get on the things I upload. If even just one person likes it enough to download, I'm happy. I've got things uploaded that have 0 downloads. I make them for me, things I put in my game that I think other people might like too. I guess when you don't do it for the like, favs, and downloads it becomes less annoying when people "steal" them. Personally, I put that chizz out there for you to use how you want. I'm not going to get plum when someone does just that.

Then again, my stuff isn't popular enough to be so well known that it would be "stolen." I don't know. I'm just here to have fun, man. Haha.

I think you are making a lot of good points in your comments. Most importantly about playing the sims to have fun. Getting upset about actions of others you have no control over is a recipe for frustration. And given how low the stakes are in this instance - faves and likes and such - utterly pointless.

Off-topic: LGR is one of very few youtubers I can watch, most of them really irritate me.
    Definitely my favourite.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Interestingly, everyone in this thread agrees that it is not ok to re-upload creations to claim them as your own. So I guess what we are arguing here is whether there are legitimate reasons to re-upload something you did not originally create. Since reasonable people have given reasonable explanations for why they do it, I would say the answer is yes, there are legitimate reasons to do it. People do things differently depending on their knowledge and experiences and who gives anyone the right to accuse someone of stealing something that was not theirs to begin with?
    I sometimes scroll through the gallery for no particular reason and see the most curious things. One thing that always makes me chuckle is seeing Babs L'Amour, one of the sims that comes up when you open CAS. For some reason people keep uploading her as is or with minor changes. One could assume that these are lazy people who are trying to get some downloads, but it is far more likely that a majority of them do not know what they are doing. They don't understand the difference between the gallery and the library, do not know how to backup their files or don't have the means to backup their files in a way that is a 100% safe.
    If you create and upload content, good on you. If you spend hours over several days to create that content, you are very committed. If on top of that you have a talent for it, outstanding! Your main reason to share your content though should be that you have fun creating it and the knowledge that others are enhancing their gaming experience with your creations and not the instant gratification that comes with download numbers.
    If your creations are regularly re-uploaded and get higher download numbers than your original creation, I can see how that would be frustrating. However, I think those cases are rare since the addition of "original by" was introduced.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    Jenna2376Jenna2376 Posts: 120 Member
    > @Netzspannung said:
    > Interestingly, everyone in this thread agrees that it is not ok to re-upload creations to claim them as your own. So I guess what we are arguing here is whether there are legitimate reasons to re-upload something you did not originally create. Since reasonable people have given reasonable explanations for why they do it, I would say the answer is yes, there are legitimate reasons to do it. People do things differently depending on their knowledge and experiences and who gives anyone the right to accuse someone of stealing something that was not theirs to begin with?
    > I sometimes scroll through the gallery for no particular reason and see the most curious things. One thing that always makes me chuckle is seeing Babs L'Amour, one of the sims that comes up when you open CAS. For some reason people keep uploading her as is or with minor changes. One could assume that these are lazy people who are trying to get some downloads, but it is far more likely that a majority of them do not know what they are doing. They don't understand the difference between the gallery and the library, do not know how to backup their files or don't have the means to backup their files in a way that is a 100% safe.
    > If you create and upload content, good on you. If you spend hours over several days to create that content, you are very committed. If on top of that you have a talent for it, outstanding! Your main reason to share your content though should be that you have fun creating it and the knowledge that others are enhancing their gaming experience with your creations and not the instant gratification that comes with download numbers.
    > If your creations are regularly re-uploaded and get higher download numbers than your original creation, I can see how that would be frustrating. However, I think those cases are rare since the addition of "original by" was introduced.

This about sums up my thoughts! I've never re-uploaded anything. I did once, but it was my own creation and as stated by @Netzspannung I had no idea what I was doing and deleted it a couple of days after I realized what I did (I think I may have had 3 of the same lot uploaded, oops). There's a learning curve with this game! That's not to say all re-uploads are accidents. Some poor, sad people need the constant reaffirmation of strangers on the internet that they are worthy and liked. Thus the need for attention, likes, views, downloads, thumbs ups, all that good shizz. Honestly, if someone feels that bad about themselves to steal something I spent 40 hours grueling over just to get attention on the internet. Have at it, Hoss. My self esteem isn't so low that I feel threatened by people claiming my stuff as theirs. That's on them and something they need to deal with in their own conscience. It's not a great thing to do, obviously, however, it's also impossible to control the garbage actions of others hundreds or even thousands of miles away.

I also don't make my meager creations for the adulation of others, I make them cause it's super fun and I enjoy it. I play to relieve stress and have a good time. I don't want to bring stress into the only stress-free area of my life. I can understand how having their creations stolen and re-uploaded would be upsetting and how one would feel wronged by it. However, it's going to happen, for whatever reason. Besides emailing EA about the issue, I don't believe there's much one can do about this. If one is lacking shame enough to re-upload something we can clearly see was not originally created by them, trying to shame someone into stopping isn't going to work.

Sometimes it's just easier to pick your battles. This battle is one I can't bring myself to fight. Others can, I see nothing wrong with that in the slightest. I'm just under the assumption that people are going to do what they do and I can either let them frustrate me or I can roll with it and enjoy the imaginary people and homes I make.
  • Options
    jimmysnanjimmysnan Posts: 8,303 Member
    Lyoufln wrote: »
    @CyrusTheLoser and @Aeyella. I agree with you guys.

I like posting my builds on the gallery because I like making stuff. Some folks have downloaded my stuff, and it makes me happy to think other people are enjoying what I build. Of course people are gonna add/remove furniture from my builds in their own games for personal gaming, because what if someone wants a green bedroom instead of a blue one? (I uh, tend to make a lot of blue rooms :D)

However, I'd be really sad if someone changed something like furniture or wallpaper and re-uploaded it as theirs. I spent hours on that stuff man. Golden rule, amiright?

I know there's no rules regarding this stuff, perhaps it's more of a curtesy thing. Wouldn't it just feel wrong to upload something that you just changed a few things in, but that you didn't actually create?

But your name is still on it. I am not taking that away from you. If its votes or fans you want ill go in and download it as often as i can and delete it. Makes no difference to me.
    Holding things on the computer takes up space that could be used for other games and things. I also do genealogy which i have lots of notes and pictures i keep my space for that.
    Are we so shallow that we only want praise and approval and forbid someone else for changing our creation and maybe trying to keep it. I hope people decide the gallery is not worth it and no points are given. When i see from now on a stop stealing or a do not upload i have a mind to do it as many times as i can that will surely mess up the gallery.

• Options

I don't reupload and I defend it.

If people have the right to do it, they will do it, it is simple as that. We shouldn't be dictating how anyone must behave when it doesn't cause any harm. Let alone calling thief strangers online who couldn't be more clueless about how our ego works.

The rage should be directed to EA, no one else.

Yes that is my point. I am not trying defend uploading other. Right now it has gotten to this and i feel like rebelling and just uploading for the sake of doing it. Not usually what i do. But hey i am getting rebellious. What i am saying is what you are saying here dont tell me what to do with the game. I paid for the game same as you if you dont want me to do certain things with it then dont put it on the gallery simple. But if you need recognition then hey just tell people to go in and like or whatever your worki dont think when EA planned the gallery they planned it to be for social status.
  • Options
    > @DominicLaurence said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Well, you're the one who didn't get it. First stating that to defend it means we reupload, which really doesn't make sense. Then implying it is wrong, or needed defense, when in fact people are in their right to reupload. It's contradictory. And we shouldn't need more than that to let them do it. Calling it "stealing" is an easy way of coercion, and it's [edit]not[/] even what's happening. Your laugh only shows that you didn't understand, but sorry if I haven't explained it enough.

I can see how it makes the gallery somewhat excrescent, that's why I think complaints are only really useful if directed to EA, who clearly allow all that to happen. People will play.

Yes, it's all obvious. If a telented creator can't handle things the way they are, one can fight to change it, my take on OP's point was that calling it stealing is unfair and I agree.

Yes calling it stealing and telling me not to reupload is what my issue is. Now after this topic others are being lumped into a group and are making assumptions.
    Makes me feel rebellious to the point of doing what i am being accused of. Lol.

• Options
    catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    michelei wrote: »
    It takes me forever to find the perfect builds for my game. I am not a builder. I do not have that gift. I rely on the gallery a lot to make my sims world. I have only recently started to uploaded some of my favorite builds so I do not lose them. I have changed some drastically and some just a little. I am not trying to claim any of them. I am not trying get downloads. I am just trying to save my sims perfect world.

I know what you mean. I can't build for beans either. I'll download a house that I think looks interesting and totally change it. The only thing left standing that is original is the shell of the house. At that point it belongs to me more than it does them if you think about it. It takes me days to do a house. I'll rip out walls to make it more spacious, remove all the furniture, put in new wallpaper, floors, rugs. The people who design the houses often make too many tiny rooms with no purpose, and everything is a blizzard of white. I don't redownload them, I put them in my library. I don't see anything wrong with that if you're scared you will lose all the work you put in
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    > @DominicLaurence said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I never stated that it was right to reupload and not give credit to the creator you are putting me in a catagory i am not in. You are boxing me in and sandwiching me.
    I am in my original post stating that the stop stealing and the do not upload is my issue. Did i not state that correctly if not then please know that i do not care about ppoints or recognition. One of the reasons for this post is i went to the gallery to find a sim to be a partner for my sim. I downloaded a sim from the gallery that said stop stealing. This sim had cc hair skin eyes mouth dress shoes all cc. I do not have cc in my game so when that sim came into my CAS it was naked and blue. I had to change everything on it. The creator did not give credit to any cc creator and it was not listed that there was cc so i thought how ironic this person made none of the things on this sim they gave no credit to anyone else and they are telling me to stop stealing. Did they not steal grom the cc creator without mentioning them? Did they not put their name on a "Mr Potato Head" creation? The irony of that prompted my post. Not anything about it being ok to take credit for someone elses work.
    I can see that this topic was taken as a way to switch my post to be a topic of discussion on what you feel is fair or not. My thing was that this particuluar sim on the gallery was not their creation in my opinion and i spent more time redoing it and they still get credit for it. Now who us stealing?
    Now if your going to have a movement or some sort of protest of like minded people that is one thing but if you cant keep tabs on the participants in your protest then it looks foolish for you.
    Post edited by jimmysnan on
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top