Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Best game pack?

Comments

• Options
    fadingaudiofadingaudio Posts: 933 Member
    Vampires
    I love supernatural themes so vampires is going to be my choice, but I think parenthood is 🐸🐸🐸🐸 close if anything I'd say they are both necessary for me to enjoy my gameplay. They just add so much to my games that I can't really play without them.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    I think Outdoor came with the most useful items and features. I just wish they had given us sleeping bags again.

Vampires, while fun on occasion is mostly just a nuisance. They should have designed it in a way that it would not be so invasive on normal game plays.
  • Options
    Omac16Omac16 Posts: 118 Member
    Vampires
    I know I'm on the out here, but I didn't care for Spa Day and I still haven't picked up Parenthood. I'm just not a huge family player. I mean, I do play families, but Parenthood's new responsibilities system doesn't appeal to me.

Outdoor Retreat and Dine Out are nice breaks from the main gameplay. If I want my Sim to take his buddies camping or his current relationship to dinner. I guess Spa Day could be seen that way too. I don't look at Vampires that way though. It isn't some place to travel, or a treat for my Sims. It changes the way the world works completely.
  • Options
    liliaethliliaeth Posts: 1,087 Member
    Parenthood
    Omac16 wrote: »
    I know I'm on the out here, but I didn't care for Spa Day and I still haven't picked up Parenthood. I'm just not a huge family player. I mean, I do play families, but Parenthood's new responsibilities system doesn't appeal to me.

Outdoor Retreat and Dine Out are nice breaks from the main gameplay. If I want my Sim to take his buddies camping or his current relationship to dinner. I guess Spa Day could be seen that way too. I don't look at Vampires that way though. It isn't some place to travel, or a treat for my Sims. It changes the way the world works completely.

That's the fun of the gamepack system. This way it becomes optional, if you don't want the parenthood values, then you just don't buy the pack.
  • Options
    SultanCanAliSultanCanAli Posts: 113 Member
    Dine out
    Best for realistic people
  • Options
    PotterheadSimPotterheadSim Posts: 320 Member
    Dine out
    I honestly love all of them. But I I voted for Dine Out because I use it all the time :)
  • Options
    QueenMercyQueenMercy Posts: 1,680 Member
    Vampires
    I just really like Vampires.

Spa Day was a close second thought. The yoga mat and special soaks are really helpful for getting a sim into the right emotion for stuff.
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,142 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires. They made the vampire power system very well. It feels like actually playing with a character that has depth and has fun powers. If they make Witches similar and all other occults, it´s gonna be great!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,629 Member
    Vampires
    This was a tough one for me. In principle, I think that Parenthood is the best game design of all of these - but Vampires is just a huge win in how to handle a theme that's been done and done again, so my gut ended up there.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires inspired my game so much
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Spa day
    This was a hard choice. I picked spa days but it could have been dine out or parenthood. I love all three and use them all the time.

The only thing I feel is missing from Spa days is a trait. That would have made that pack perfect for me.
  • Options
    aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Dine out
    I enjoy vampires but like The Sims 4 in general it gets too much of a grind. Too repetitive. Like playing an MMORPG. Dine Out is less of a hassle and allows for more freedom but still has a major grinding issue. Yet is still more doable than Vampire.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Options
    VINTAVAVINTAVA Posts: 22 Member
    Vampires
    I've always really liked vampires. And the Sims... And Vampire Sims...
  • Options
    LavenderlightsLavenderlights Posts: 76 Member
    edited January 2018
    Parenthood
    Parenthood is as if they've combined everything I've ever wanted from the sims (in general, not just ts4) into a single 20£ pack. I knew it the moment I first heard of this pack - I just knew this was going to be that one essential pack that will change my game forever; and my gut instincts were correct. It just had it all down for me - the ability to create character development for my sims, the ability to have my sims' parenting styles actually leave an impact on their kids, the ability to create complex/simple family dynamics, as well as just adding to family play immersion in general with all the little details that came with it (sack lunches, curfews, school projects, toddlers making messes, etc.). And as if that wasn't enough, I absolutely love how the effects you have on your sim-kids don't show themselves in an immediate and overly pompous manner; rather, the traits you cultivate in them take a lot of time to develop gradually (indicated by the painfully slow values meter) and won't become noticeable until they reach YA. And even then, they aren't too observable or in-your-face either; but more subdued and internalized, which makes it more realistic - realistic being exactly the way I play.
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    Parenthood
    It was a close, close tie between Parenthood and Vampires. However, even my vampires raise children, so parenthood wins out.
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    Parenthood
    It was so hard to decide! I don't have Spa Day and Dine Out yet, so I can't talk about those, but my choice was mostly between Parenthood and Vampires. The vampires are amazing and I really hope we get more stuff like that, but in the end, Parenthood has an impact on every game I play (since I always do legacies) and it managed to give at least a little more personality and individuality to my sims, so it wins.
  • Options
    SiMsStoriesSiMsStories Posts: 219 Member
    Vampires
    The vampire gamepack is what got me back into the sims 4 as well as helping me make my first machinima story series. I love how they were present in the first trailer and that right there what got me hooked. Lilith, Caleb and Vlad have decent backstories and so far has been very well fleshed out "new" generation of pre-made sims for the sims 4 so far in my opinion... Aside from the pre-mades in windenburg.
    BHv51HO.gif
    Alive - Episode 2: Friends |watch it on| Youtube | Forum | Twitter
  • Options
    AmeliaNovaAmeliaNova Posts: 76 Member
    Magdaleena wrote: »
    Vampires is what really got me into TS4 in the first place, it's what got me to switch over from TS3, which I held quite tightly onto - it wins. No question.

I kind of made the dude in my avatar by accident, while I was supposed to take pictures of some CC I had just made. See, I wanted to try out the vampire customization while I was at it...And then I fell in love, and came up with a backstory for the guy. Oops.

They're easily the best vampires of the series; highly customizable in both looks and powers, and it opens up so many gameplay possibilities. The sun, by default, actually kills them if you're not careful, and they're actually immortal this time! Unlike in TS3. They kinda really plum in TS3.
    This gamepack even came with its own appropriate neighbourhood; the only other gamepack that did this was Outdoor Retreat. And the build/buy stuff is really great too.

It might as well be the thing that got me hooked on vampires in the first place this year. It made me realize just how much I could do with them. It's been rather fun to mess around with!

Overall, it's a super solid gamepack, A+++

I don't blame you!!! He's a cutie.
  • Options
    morganscammellmorganscammell Posts: 1 New Member
    i need some suggestions - do i get the parenthood pack or the pets pack?
  • Options
    bumb1ebeebumb1ebee Posts: 28 Member
    Parenthood
    I say parenthood because before I couldn't care less about the kids/teens, and now I actually play through their life instead of aging them up after like 2 days of each life stage to young adults. Now I'm really into playing with them and developing their personalities.
  • Options
    yellowreeyellowree Posts: 126 Member
    Dine out
    I love Dine Out because generally, I love opening my own places and managing them. But, I have to do them "sandbox".
    (AKA with cheats.) :p
    *pees ur pants*
  • Options
    LadyAlexielLadyAlexiel Posts: 123 Member
    Vampires
    I always loved vampire so I voted for it, because I think the game pack is well done.It's better than in The sims 2(I haven't played the sims 3) Haven't play with a family full of childrens yet, but parenthood seem nice too.
    To see more of my creations click here.Or you can visit my sims 4 gallery
    HBmnvTh.jpg
  • Options
    SimlishTVSimlishTV Posts: 157 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires is the best pack. The most interesting and well-made.
    9pwqto4xacbr.jpg
  • Options
    Lenka93Lenka93 Posts: 58 Member
    Vampires
    Vampires :)
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    Dine out
    Dinning is my favorite because it gives the Sims something to do. Gets them out of the house.