Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So when are we going to get a rock radio station?

ravynwolvfravynwolvf Posts: 1,073 Member
Twenty-two radio stations, and not one just plain old rock? What am I supposed to listen to on my Rock of Ages stereo?

Sorry, meant to post this in the games ideas...feel free to move it.

Comments

• Options
    Really? Moved it to speculation and rumor? Hope that means it's a possible upcoming addition.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Its really surprising to me all these radio stations and no rock we have some really weird options
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    ravynwolvf wrote: »
    Really? Moved it to speculation and rumor? Hope that means it's a possible upcoming addition.
    I hope that's what it means too!

I wouldn't be surprised if there was to be a rock themed stuff pack, with drums and bass, and punk-rock themed clothes and hair.

I also wouldn't be surprised if rock themed stuff was included in a uni themed pack.

One way or another, I think it might be in development.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    There's no country either and that came with pets in TS3.
  • Options
    DevilNDisguiseDevilNDisguise Posts: 2,225 Member
    Been waiting for this station for awhile now! I hope we finally see it in the near-future.
  • Options
    Jestina wrote: »

I have backyard, and that's pretty much country I thought. At least on kind of country.
  • Options
    Movotti wrote: »
    I hope that's what it means too!

I wouldn't be surprised if there was to be a rock themed stuff pack, with drums and bass, and punk-rock themed clothes and hair.

I also wouldn't be surprised if rock themed stuff was included in a uni themed pack.

One way or another, I think it might be in development.

I'd personally like a era themed pack; maybe it could cover a few decades. Better than a lot of the ones that have come out lately. My sims tend to be a bit retro as it is.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    Blues is a good station, but yeah, it'd be great to get some different kinds of rock.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    There's no hip hop either.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member

I have backyard, and that's pretty much country I thought. At least on kind of country.
    Backyard is kind of modern, I want a standard one!
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    The first year, Get Together didn't add hip hop as a radio station, instead it adds it as a DJ station, the second year, City Living didn't add hip hop along with Spop and World, and then the third year, Cats & Dogs did not add hip hop, instead Singer-Songwriter was mentioned by Grant! I wish hip hop should be in the update patch or any!
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited January 2018
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

The first year, Get Together didn't add hip hop as a radio station, instead it adds it as a DJ station, the second year, City Living didn't add hip hop along with Spop and World, and then the third year, Cats & Dogs did not add hip hop, instead Singer-Songwriter was mentioned by Grant! I wish hip hop should be in the update patch or any!

I also wanted salsa/latin station back :\ Love when sims in TS2 turn the radio on and Cherry Cha Cha Cha plays. :p

This song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHkvmPOfjuM

This is another favourite of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilcJzrbGJt4

I loves it. It's so nostalgic/iconic in TS2.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    12JEREMIA wrote: »

I also wanted salsa/latin station back :\ Love when sims in TS2 turn the radio on and Cherry Cha Cha Cha plays. :p

This song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHkvmPOfjuM
    Yeah! But see, I don't like how developers doing too much, you feel me? I miss one of those radio stations! Right now we're in 2018, this is the last straw, if they don't add hip hop back to The Sims 4, I'm gonna close this Sims series forever until further explanations!
  • Options
    ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I agree that I'd like to see rock and hip-hop.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • Options
    EspeonLuver93EspeonLuver93 Posts: 21 Member
    I would also like to see a rock radio station, I've loved rock since I was a kid and it would be really cool if my sims listened to rock as well. I would also like to see a metal radio station but I don't think they would put something like that in the sims.
  • Options
    TirrealTirreal Posts: 84 Member
    Nice Necro :)
    Well it appears that Get Famous added hip hop, as for rock... I just added my own, nothing like running on the treadmill listing to G n' R Love in an elevator. They had Dark Wave in TS3, it was like Metal. Who knows, maybe they will make a pack, ' Rock Star ' and give us the rock station and rock star/band career path now that GF is out.
    tumblr_n4nkyvHMpK1t1hfamo1_1280.jpg
  • Options
    superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I would love a punk radio station.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    Hard Rock man...or even just Rock. Would be nice to see the return of Metal too.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited March 2019
    I would also like to see a metal radio station but I don't think they would put something like that in the sims.

They had a Metal station in TS2. They should bring it back again.
    I'd love some classic rock too.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Like, rock music is one of the most basic music genres. Its really weird that we didn't had that since the base game, a rock radio station.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    I could see rock being added to a university pack and country being added to a farming pack. I'd love to see film music added to the game but not sure where it would fit. A superhero pack maybe?
  • Options
    > @Anmirla said:
    > They had a Metal station in TS2. They should bring it back again. I'd love some classic rock too.

Whoa seriously!!!! I didn't know that, I didn't play much of TS2 since I was pretty young (I think I was either 9 or 10) I played TS3 more since I was like 16. But I agree with you, they should definitely bring the metal station back.
  • Options
    SimplyobsessedSimplyobsessed Posts: 315 Member
    Rock n Roll stuff would be a pretty sweet pack
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    > @Anmirla said:
    > They had a Metal station in TS2. They should bring it back again. I'd love some classic rock too.

Whoa seriously!!!! I didn't know that, I didn't play much of TS2 since I was pretty young (I think I was either 9 or 10) I played TS3 more since I was like 16. But I agree with you, they should definitely bring the metal station back.

Here are a few songs (if this works - the website is giving me text warnings):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvM-1U3qWi8&list=PLTjLXnr6vHchpgiupS5BHhHgwnBeCVUDe
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZImYV2gAth0&list=PLTjLXnr6vHchpgiupS5BHhHgwnBeCVUDe&index=3
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U027hApkRxU&index=4&list=PLTjLXnr6vHchpgiupS5BHhHgwnBeCVUDe
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    @Anmirla :o so why don't we have a metal station? If any of the gurus are reading this could you please try to bring back the Metal station.