Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Back to School - Toddlers and Tweens. UPDATE! After 2 years, one wish just came true! :)

Comments

• Options
    helenbassetthelenbassett Posts: 51 Member
    Briana2425 wrote: »
    We need late homework in class again like in the Sims 3 they could do late homework in class.

• Options
    The same goes for my kids they stressed out at school or they come lacking fun and don't want to do homework or they have been up half night so always want to sleep or are always hungry I have desks as cc for my game but the kids either sit on the sofa to do their homework on their bed instead of sitting at a desk or table please could EA have a desk placement so the kids can claim desks and fi they skip school too much have the princepal visit the parents
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    The same goes for my kids they stressed out at school or they come lacking fun and don't want to do homework or they have been up half night so always want to sleep or are always hungry I have desks as cc for my game but the kids either sit on the sofa to do their homework on their bed instead of sitting at a desk or table please could EA have a desk placement so the kids can claim desks and fi they skip school too much have the princepal visit the parents

Omg same with mine and that's a good idea principal visiting parents I mean the kids now get discipline and the principal already call the phone.
  • Options
    imanevilsimimanevilsim Posts: 3 New Member
    They need to add tweens. There needs to be some transition between a kid and a teen. I always thought that teens were too tall and grownup looking. Maybe they can have a chance of getting the awkward moodlet or a positive moodlet when playing on playgrounds.

Maybe it can be a free update and then they can add another Expansion Pack that focuses on interactions between kids, tweens and teens.
  • Options
    BrieeriesBrieeries Posts: 7 New Member
    For the Sims 4 gurus out there I think there should be a school game/expansion pack. Like high schools and elementary schools that aren't rabbit holes, and maybe you could sneak in a college or university. There should be an assigned teacher/professor just because If the teacher career wasn't a rabbit hole I feel like there wouldn't be much to it and it would be to similar to get to work. Students could have a little feature that says what kind of student they are, for example a focused student or a disrespectful student, something like that. I also think schools should be a venue so you could build your own school and you should be able to choose from a set of rules and if the school has uniforms or not. If your school does have uniforms you should be able to customize them like in dine out. As far as items and objects go I think the only thing would be to have a functional backpack and that's where your sims homework shows up but mischievous sims could put like video games and things in their backpacks. Also students could pull pranks on the teachers and "try to talk out of homework" or "Give excuse for missing homework". I would really like if there was like a squad feature. Thank you! <3

-ღBrieeriesღ
  • Options
    rochelimitrochelimit Posts: 777 Member
    They need to add tweens. There needs to be some transition between a kid and a teen. I always thought that teens were too tall and grownup looking. Maybe they can have a chance of getting the awkward moodlet or a positive moodlet when playing on playgrounds.

Maybe it can be a free update and then they can add another Expansion Pack that focuses on interactions between kids, tweens and teens.

I completely agree. Maxis still owe us with the missing Sims-2 and Sims 3 teen skeleton. They could just update the skeleton of the teens, making it shorter. Bit by bit, all the bugs can be fixed. We all know Sims 4 is hugely flaw, why put a silence on it? Just fix it! Like the Toddler free update, that's a very good move.
  • Options
    Cyd_GirlCyd_Girl Posts: 2 New Member
    I've downloaded mods but it would be nice to have the EP so its guaranteed to work and I really want tween's in my game!!!
  • Options
  • Options
    Sofmc9Sofmc9 Posts: 499 Member
    I'm using the height slider mod to make kids look a bit more like pre teens. lol. They could add a lot of the pre teen interactions from freeplay.

sYWaRui.jpg

wQfTUAw.jpg

• Options
    OK so I made a Petition if you want pre-teens please sign the direct is in my signature below please and thank you.
  • Options
    KlumsyKateKlumsyKate Posts: 451 Member
    Sofmc9 wrote: »
    I'm using the height slider mod to make kids look a bit more like pre teens. lol. They could add a lot of the pre teen interactions from freeplay.

sYWaRui.jpg

wQfTUAw.jpg

The girl looks so much like a preteen!
  • Options
    navaninavani Posts: 86 Member
    Please, EA! This is exactly what we need, considering that TS4 teens are practically young adults. Pre-teens would solve this problem and make the game much more realistic. No one comes out of childhood and reaches the height they will have for the rest of their lives. Not to mention that FreePlay has already brought this age group.
  • Options
    a while a ago Ea Hinted at toddler stuff pack I don't if they add preteens would cool if they do , Also a functioning school like , elementary , Middle and high school
  • Options
    SimZleeSimZlee Posts: 1 New Member
    I would absolutley adore this if it were real. Now with the pets expansion and parenthood out, this would be amazing. You could tell you teens/tweens to take the dog out for a walk or groom them. Tweens would replace the much needed awkward stages of childhood, when becoming a teenager. We already have YOUNG ADULT, which basically is a transition into adulthood. So why not have tweens? I would buy this without a doubt, no matter if it was priced as an expansion pack or just a stuff pack. Great Idea!!
  • Options
    JayandMeekaJayandMeeka Posts: 2,377 Member
    As a primary educator, there is SO much they can do with the parenting system in place now. They could have actions that impact student learning similar to how parents decisions effect their kid. For example, an action bubble could pop with potential things an educator has to deal with, like "I forgot my assignment at home" or a student fails your test, so how do you react? You could even have parents phone with issues and requests for meetings!!!

Ahhhh my heart!!
  • Options
    BuzzBuzzBuzzBuzz Posts: 303 Member
    SimZlee wrote: »
    I would absolutley adore this if it were real. Now with the pets expansion and parenthood out, this would be amazing. You could tell you teens/tweens to take the dog out for a walk or groom them. Tweens would replace the much needed awkward stages of childhood, when becoming a teenager. We already have YOUNG ADULT, which basically is a transition into adulthood. So why not have tweens? I would buy this without a doubt, no matter if it was priced as an expansion pack or just a stuff pack. Great Idea!!

Ikr!
  • Options
    Juligirl10858Juligirl10858 Posts: 1 New Member
    I agree they need to add Pre-teens and Middle aged cause those are more like real life Ea needs to wake up and see whats missing
  • Options
    tiinnaalynnxtiinnaalynnx Posts: 5 New Member
    Tweens are necessary!!! Children in the sims are just so young, they can't do much of anything on their own and it is so annoying. Middle school exists for a reason! A back to school could even bring in "bullies" for the tweens, first acne, first school dance, etc. Your pre teen years may be awful but they were certainly influential and I'd love to see it! (and if you have a period mod perhaps it could also affect the tweens considering thats when it first appears)
    Please EA give us this age group!!!
  • Options
    I know, the jump from child to adult, um.. I mean teens, is cheating!
  • Options
    Sofmc9 wrote: »

sYWaRui.jpg

wQfTUAw.jpg

This looks so cool
  • Options
    ArtsyAmyArtsyAmy Posts: 1,312 Member
    @rochelimit I think this is a fabulous idea! I would absolutely pay for "Back To School" and the "tween" age group definitely would help make the game more realistic and fun to play. I'm one of many who took a VERY long time to even start to play TS4, because I loved 3 so much. (I won't get into that! lol) - but, 4 is what I use/play now so it would be nice to have some EP/SP/GP that enhance the game. With all the "world" and build limitations (as far as available lots), it really would be nice to have the actual option to build a school that is functional and we can send our kids to, and/or adults for a career. Even something similar to Cats and Dogs where you can run the Vet Clinic....at least you have options on how to run it and can build your own + choose staff.

The tweens are the missing piece to making the puzzle whole; it truly does complete the age groups (as you and others have stated). I also think it would be very nice if at the tween age group level they would be able to "have a dream" or get inspired towards a specific career path. Lots of tweens start dreaming of being a singer, or musician, fireman, etc. at that age so it would be nice if they have some interactions that could prepare them for this. Plus, allow the parents to help steer them in that direction too. If the schools were introduced then of course we could send out kids for additional training/courses too.

But, even just for the story-telling aspect it would be nice too. I take lots of photos and it helps/makes it a bit easier having the interactions when setting up a stage (to get other sims to behave a certain way).

I do hope we will have this available to us soon. We did get the toddlers, so hopefully this thread will reach EA and we will soon have tweens and Back To School!

Thank you for starting this!!! :)
    LCTYbER.gif
    Judging In: Versace's Finest | Simplistic Magazine Competition-CYCLE 2

"Anyone can criticize; Can YOU inspire?"-unknown
  • Options
    SimAddiction101SimAddiction101 Posts: 112 Member
    I'm glad that I saw this because people who don't want tweens always say that not enough people want them and this is the proof that a lot of people do want tweens.
  • Options
    VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    Maybe the Sims 5 will add the tween stage.
    o5jNANX.gif
  • Options
    LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I love all these ideas for preteens/tweens! Does anyone have a link to the mod for the height slider for kids? I found a thread on mod the sims, but I couldn't figure out what I needed to download since there were so many pages
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • Options
    VengefulNoodlesVengefulNoodles Posts: 128 Member
    @LiaRose1435 GODJUL1 created a height slider mod on Modthesims, and all you do to adjust the height is use the feet slider.
    o5jNANX.gif