Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Surgery Station????

My sim is level 9 in the Vet career but never uses the surgery station. What is it supposed to do? None of my customers ever ask to spay or neuter their pet. And sometimes there isn't a treatment with the thumbs up, even though all symptoms are found. Do those need to go to surgery? I'm stumped!

Comments

• Options
    AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    Yup, surgery is usually the answer. The green thumbs up will show when you use the surgery station.
  • Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    yes, if the exam table options aren't showing a thumbs-up then that means the fix is a surgery. just choose the "move to surgery station" option.
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    jacknchloejacknchloe Posts: 239 Member
    Thank you!!!!
  • Options
    floridameerkatfloridameerkat Posts: 1,190 Member
    What should you do if none of the options have a green thumbs up but you don't have a surgery station because you can't afford one?
    Gallery ID: floridameerkat
    Family trees:
    Young
    Pearce
    Niner
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    What should you do if none of the options have a green thumbs up but you don't have a surgery station because you can't afford one?

cone of shame :p
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

Well, we know the dog won't die from a lack of surgery. However, it may be very uncomfortable.
  • Options
    Mariah_1254Mariah_1254 Posts: 48 Member
    I had this same question, thank you!
    W4ml882.png
  • Options
    AndiratymeAndiratyme Posts: 728 Member
    I'm pretty sure I've discovered 4 diseases that require surgery. Slurry fur, Projectile Repugnitis, Super Advanced Swamp Mouth, and Snortnose Fever. Not 100% sure about the Snortnose fever, but I'm pretty sure about it. As others have said if all of the options are thumbs down then they need surgery.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    You could also be an evil vet and do what the sims don't want you to do on their pets and say snip snip. :joy:
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    Alex_Da_Bug1231Alex_Da_Bug1231 Posts: 36 New Member
    I asked my sim to move to the surgery station since the cat couldn't have any other treatments and it says there is something blocking her way. I moved the surgery station, changed the door, deleted almost every object in the room and my sim is still saying there's something there. Can someone help??
  • Options
    smh678smh678 Posts: 92 Member
    > @jacknchloe said:
    > My sim is level 9 in the Vet career but never uses the surgery station. What is it supposed to do? None of my customers ever ask to spay or neuter their pet. And sometimes there isn't a treatment with the thumbs up, even though all symptoms are found. Do those need to go to surgery? I'm stumped!

Its an extra thing to do. Its your choice. You can preform scans and tests to speed up the process with the surgery station. Its very helpful if your running low on staff and you need to speed things up. Spaying and Neutering (as far as I know) Can only be down with your pet and customers wont ask but you can do it anyways.
  • Options
    Magickats242Magickats242 Posts: 2 New Member
    Greetings fellow Sims players.

Not entirely off topic, but I was wondering if there is a specific skill or game pack that I need, in order to upgrade the surgery station? When I click in it, the option is grayed out. Just wondering. Thanks!
  • Options
    Magickats242Magickats242 Posts: 2 New Member
    Edit: Sorry, figured it out, I was missing parts to upgrade.
  • Options
    RummourRummour Posts: 28 Member
    May I ask here something regarding the surgery station? I have a problem where the surgery station won't work for me. So i get all the symptoms and none of the treatments have thumbs up, so as suggested I move the pet to the surgery station. But, when the pet enters the surgery station, it starts glowing but nothing happens. I have no options what to do, and my sim enters this weird motion loop. I left like that for a longer time and nothing happens. The only way to get out of that loop is to cancel the action and let the pet out. I have been struggling with this for a good while now and it's starting to annoy me greatly because I can't properly cure an animal. :(
    Any tips?
    P.S. My sim is a lvl 10 vet.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,945 Member
    Rummour wrote: »
    May I ask here something regarding the surgery station? I have a problem where the surgery station won't work for me. So i get all the symptoms and none of the treatments have thumbs up, so as suggested I move the pet to the surgery station. But, when the pet enters the surgery station, it starts glowing but nothing happens. I have no options what to do, and my sim enters this weird motion loop. I left like that for a longer time and nothing happens. The only way to get out of that loop is to cancel the action and let the pet out. I have been struggling with this for a good while now and it's starting to annoy me greatly because I can't properly cure an animal. :(
    Any tips?
    P.S. My sim is a lvl 10 vet.

When pet is in it, click on the surgery station and choose the surgery options. After all, surgery station works like an exam table, meaning to have sim do something you need to click on the table, otherwise your sim does nothing.
    If you are in the hurry, you can use the surgery table to exam the pet. Sure the scans will cost 20 simoleons each, but these quickly diagnose the pet's illness. Also it is very stressful to pet. To calm them down, you'll need to craft Catnip Based Calming Agent for cats and Belly Rub Simulation Gel for dogs.
  • Options
    LoomLoverLoomLover Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a weird glitch with the surgery station in my vet clinic. Everytime I need to cure a pet with surgery, I go to the surgery station, but when the pet is in, I get no options to perform surgery. My sim then walks away from the station while the pet is still in. I can't cure animals with surgery anymore, which is very annoying. If anyone has a solution for this problem, please tell me. Thanks
  • Options
    PastelMermaidPastelMermaid Posts: 1,298 Member
    LoomLover wrote: »
    I have a weird glitch with the surgery station in my vet clinic. Everytime I need to cure a pet with surgery, I go to the surgery station, but when the pet is in, I get no options to perform surgery. My sim then walks away from the station while the pet is still in. I can't cure animals with surgery anymore, which is very annoying. If anyone has a solution for this problem, please tell me. Thanks

sometimes I click the surgery station too soon, it doesn't yet realise there is a pet in there so I have to click a couple times
    tumblr_nvqukkenkr1udwsc5o7_250.gif

"wahoo" - aquaman
  • Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    Took me awhile to realize that you can "examine" pets with the Surgery Station, as well as with the Exam Tables. It has a couple of "scans" available to diagnose and then treatments.
  • Options
    Cher123825Cher123825 Posts: 238 Member
    I am having the same problem with my surgery station. If there is no thumbs up I send them to the surgery station. It takes in the animal and starts running but when I click on it everything is grayed out can't click on anything then my vet goes over and starts dancing and watching it. I have to click off the animal to let it out. I have tried it over and over and nothing I can do so I end up putting the cone on it and letting it go. also my drop down thing that tells me the progress of the example isn't there most of the time. I have to listen for the music to know if a diagnosis was found.
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Please don't necropost in old threads. I'm going to go ahead and close off this thread now as it has been inactive since last year, If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top