Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Broken Mods: Cats and Dogs/Nov. 2017

Comments

• Options
    LyricSimsz15LyricSimsz15 Posts: 13,136 Member
    I'm experiencing the issues with cc counters, but it's happening with non cc counters too. Haven't tried with desks yet.
    pN7cZBV.gif
    Just vibing...
    Check out my stories The Diversity Club and Lost Pride here on the forums!
  • Options
    delelisedelelise Posts: 10 New Member
    > @CarpeNoctemSims said:
    > Alright so I figured a work around for the mattress issue. (I'm sure once S4S updates that a batch fix will be added to address this. It seems to only be a thing with newly purchased beds).
    >
    > When you first purchase it, the game will take your money and the double mattress will vanish. If you go to world map and then back to the lot, the mattress will be there and works fine.
    >
    > I also tested cc sofa, arm chair, and dining chair. I had a sim brush their teeth in a sink placed on a cc counter. So far it seems all to be working fine other than that thing with the mattress disappearing.

yeah... I just wish this didn't need a work around...
  • Options
    TheWingTheWing Posts: 2 New Member
    For some reason, Hadron1776's updated Pathetic trait is giving me a small problem. When I have it in my mods folder, Sims can no longer take naps, whether or not they have the trait. Anyone know why this might be?
  • Options
    TheWingTheWing Posts: 2 New Member
    Also, I have no CC kitchen counters but my Sims are still having trouble using the darn defaults. I have no idea what I can do. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. Quitting and reloading seems to work temporarily.
  • Options
    CupcakeWitchCupcakeWitch Posts: 542 Member
    tumblr_m5yfcmiKZM1r6uev5.gif

• Options
    RebelShadowKittenRebelShadowKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    I'd like to know what's up with the batch fix apparently not doing anything for a set of CC counters uploaded to TSR within the last three months that woulda obviously been broken by even the original C&D patch. Nearly every square inch of counter space in my fresh-build kitchen was empty, not even clutter on it, and when I told a Sim to go make themselves dinner, all food choices were grayed out with the "excuse" of "no free counter space". I'll try running the batch fix again, but I dunno what good it'll do unless someone else has had the same problem and figured out the cause and a fix.
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Studio (Wishes) just updated with a batch-fix for objects that won't place correctly. Find it HERE.

The Mac version (Candy) was in the middle of an overhaul to optimize and fix some bugs, and it is completely unready for release atm. Its update will be completed as soon as possible, and it will contain the same batch-fix Wishes has.

Awesome!

Also awesome!

If people know of more, please do post here. I'm swamped with has-to-be-done-before-client-offices-close-for-the-holidays work :/
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    hal100hal100 Posts: 3 New Member
    A lot of objects including bookcases, cabinets etc are broken due to the recent patch. I downloaded the newest version of Sims 4 Studio and used the batch fixes to no avail. I also tried TSR Workshop but it doesn't seem to work either. I suppose I will have to go into game and take a note of exactly what is not working (get message: no script found then the objects disappear) and remove them from my mods folder. I hate patches now as they cause so much heartache and annoyance to the CC user. Basically I find the game utterly boring without mods and cc. I seem to spend more time trying to fix the game than play it. Mod the Sims usually tells you if an item has been tweaked to work with latest patch but I've never noticed this on TSR although I maybe just didn't spot it. I am also thinking about removing Cats and Dogs - sigh! :(
  • Options
    I've checked TSR and noticed that they do leave a comment to say they have updated. In my previous post I mentioned that I had not come across these comments. I was wrong.
  • Options
    BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited December 2017
    hal100 wrote: »
    A lot of objects including bookcases, cabinets etc are broken due to the recent patch. I downloaded the newest version of Sims 4 Studio and used the batch fixes to no avail. I also tried TSR Workshop but it doesn't seem to work either. I suppose I will have to go into game and take a note of exactly what is not working (get message: no script found then the objects disappear) and remove them from my mods folder. I hate patches now as they cause so much heartache and annoyance to the CC user. Basically I find the game utterly boring without mods and cc. I seem to spend more time trying to fix the game than play it. Mod the Sims usually tells you if an item has been tweaked to work with latest patch but I've never noticed this on TSR although I maybe just didn't spot it. I am also thinking about removing Cats and Dogs - sigh! :(

Do you use mods providing more slots for clutter on surfaces? Many of them (all of them?) broke with the December patch. If you try to place a surface object (desk, counter, whatever) somewhere on the lot, there will be a small red label saying 'Script call failed'. If you use such a mod, remove it from your game and look what happens. Of course the S4S batch fixing won't help in that case, bc the object itself is not the culprit.

But in any case there is certainly no need to remove any pack from your game. I have 2.999 CC items and mods (3.79 GB) at the moment in the game without issue.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »
    hal100 wrote: »

Do you use mods providing more slots for clutter on surfaces? Many of them (all of them?) broke with the December patch. If you try to place a surface object (desk, counter, whatever) somewhere on the lot, there will be a small red label saying 'Script call failed'. If you use such a mod, remove it from your game and look what happens. Of course the S4S batch fixing won't help in that case, bc the object itself is not the culprit.

But in any case there is certainly no need to remove any pack from your game. I have 2.999 CC items and mods (3.79 GB) at the moment in the game without issue.

This has been fixed with the latest C&D batch fix by Sims4Studio. And the slot mods for surfaces by orangemitten are also fixed with this batch fix.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    Brill Bonxie and LuvMySimz and thanks. Last night I removed all the problem CC and replaced them as they had been updated although I had not removed OrangeMittens extra slots for clutter. Crumbs LuvMySimsz, you've got about the same amount of CC and mods as me lol.
  • Options
    AgeOfJo3AgeOfJo3 Posts: 9 New Member
    Does anybody know if there has been a mod that has been reportedly making your sims just stand around without doing anything as time goes by even if you click on interactions? i would post this in the mod cc bugs but the site wont allow me -___-
  • Options
    ESTAQ99ESTAQ99 Posts: 8 New Member
    It feels as if I just finished updating, repairing, deleting, checking by groups, guessing, browsing and reorganizing my close to 2,500 mods and then, along comes another patch. I regret so much I purchased the annoying C&D. It has been nothing but a headache ever since. I've been practically unable to play TS4. The counters works one day, few days after, none of them works. same with all kind of cc content (beds, lights, toilets, etc.). lf it wasn't enough, my sims now stand like idiots for minutes at a time, doing nothing except "aha, aha", "aha, aha" no matter how many times I click on interactions. This whole ordeal has been like an unavoidable invitation to never purchase another expansion or pack and stay away from updating the game. I will be the happiest guy when I never again see a freaking cat or a dog in my game.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    ESTAQ99 wrote: »
    It feels as if I just finished updating, repairing, deleting, checking by groups, guessing, browsing and reorganizing my close to 2,500 mods and then, along comes another patch. I regret so much I purchased the annoying C&D. It has been nothing but a headache ever since. I've been practically unable to play TS4. The counters works one day, few days after, none of them works. same with all kind of cc content (beds, lights, toilets, etc.). lf it wasn't enough, my sims now stand like plum for minutes at a time, doing nothing except "aha, aha", "aha, aha" no matter how many times I click on interactions. This whole ordeal has been like an unavoidable invitation to never purchase another expansion or pack and stay away from updating the game. I will be the happiest guy when I never again see a freaking cat or a dog in my game.

If your sims seem to be stuck you can reset them by using the command line cheat
    resetSim {FirstName} {LastName}

If you use MCCC and have the debug commands visible, you can reset your sims after shift-clicking them (Option 'Reset Object (Debug)):
    y4mulCxe95fKFP3sz0my7YUoRMeuMvKIvY5Z18cGV7t4fDLCzn3sCK23Wc1_BHsL1LXjRasEFoE2MAJZPQ8GYP_P1dw1zH_MIX2R_hIN8oJ0gLb27hbW0dDgeLghxLMDwF6mWPthqR1WJxEc1ttQqPHpwHO5-VVu2wgYfxNsqZRLY1MHy8bSp04RyfAyq3W8sq0G1y6vIDc6KBQ3VV81Rhi6w?width=719&height=381&cropmode=none

Be patient, it will work. Be picky with the mods you're using and weed out all those, which are not really necessary, i. e. if you use MCCC it covers so much options, that many other mods are redundant. Yeah, and sometimes you have to abdicate some of them, which are nice to have, but outdated and not maintained anymore by the creator. I have more than 3.000 CC items and mods (3.8 GB) at the moment in the game without issue.

And there will be certainly another EP...
  • Options
    ESTAQ99ESTAQ99 Posts: 8 New Member
    @Bonxie
    Thanks a million for taking the time to get back to me.

I don't use MCCC but I have the debug command for reset a sim, visible through another mod. The issue with my active sims is that, more often than not they are taking a couple of real time minutes to start acting on the interaction I chose for them to perform (that's when I'm lucky and they don't decide to do something completely different). If it was an isolated incident here and there, I wouldn't care much, but it's not fun to be clicking on "reset (debug) sim" after every other commanded interaction because it also reset the interaction. After a few times, I end up completely losing immersion.

I wish I was as lucky as you are with my mods but it hasn't been the case and after every update, my game turns into an unplayable mess. I'm a busy guy with a demanding job and I can't use the few hours I have for playing, devoted to a permanent repairing, updating, deleting......mods. and trust me, I'm picky with the mods I add to the game but I'm getting the impression the game is getting less and less mod friendly in the last few months and playing the vanilla version is not an option for me cause I find it utterly boring. That's why I think the best solution for me is just keep playing offline and don't pay any attention to the updates. With the huge amount of content I already have, I could play for hundreds of hours and still keep discovering new things to do. Since Nov 9th, I've been feeling as if I'm working for EA's IT department.....for free.
  • Options
    CyclelegsCyclelegs Posts: 375 Member
    @ESTAQ99 It sounds to me like a bad case of game lag. I used to suffer badly from it. The game time ticks away whilst the sims do nothing but wait. The current animations carry on but no new activity is started or even added to the action queue. Mine was not related to Cats and Dogs but it sounds very similar.

I have minimised my lag by:
    • playing with an empty 'Tray' file
    • keeping Sims inventories to a bare minimum
    • keeping the number of sim relationships to a minimum
    • playing with the minimum number of sims (max 80) in the favourite household category
    • and playing with autonomy set to 'off' for the active household
    It works for me and I have a lot of mods but very little cc.

There is a mod at MTS for reducing 'game lag'. I don't use it because the above techniques work for me. http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=598676
  • Options
    simmingfallersimmingfaller Posts: 3 New Member
    no ea lashes is fixed!
  • Options
    ScancarrelliScancarrelli Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello, anyone is having troubles with "teleport any sim"? before the last patch it was working perfectly!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Hello, anyone is having troubles with "teleport any sim"? before the last patch it was working perfectly!

Just checked it in my game - works fine as expected. I can summon random sims and teleport everyone of the present sims. My game is patched to 1.37.35.
  • Options
    ArmyofHardstyleArmyofHardstyle Posts: 3 New Member
    Not sure if the following mod is on the list, but it for sure is broken: TS4 Torture & Chaos V 1.3 (book of chaos) by Dramatic-Gamer
    Sims are killed, removed from household and the urn spawns, but they won't turn into ghosts and you can still invite them.
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Not sure if the following mod is on the list, but it for sure is broken: TS4 Torture & Chaos V 1.3 (book of chaos) by Dramatic-Gamer
    Sims are killed, removed from household and the urn spawns, but they won't turn into ghosts and you can still invite them.

That mod is no longer being supported by the creator. They have a new murder mod at Sims 4 Studio that has been updated for Cats & Dogs that may interest you:
    http://sims4studio.com/thread/7833/studio-drama
  • Options
    Wren_ShannonWren_Shannon Posts: 5 New Member
    I have spent my Winter Break (kindergarten teacher here) replacing my broken CC, and I've noticed that in most cases, all I have to do is re-download the item because it's been fixed. I am SOOOO not a techie, and I have no idea how to create CC, but in my opinion, CC is what makes the game fun. So even though I know that not every creator of CC will see this, I don't know where else to put it, but I wanted to say a big THANK YOU to the modding community. Everyone has worked so hard to fix everything that was broken, and I'm sure it was very time-consuming. Thank you for taking the time from your busy lives to make the game better. :smiley:
  • Options
    RebelShadowKittenRebelShadowKitten Posts: 11 New Member
    Going back to the re-broken counter issue from the December patch (now that it's officially January, LOL!), it appears that it was one specific set the batch fixer wasn't recognizing or couldn't update for whatever reason. Took me a while to boot up my game again, 'cuz I was that annoyed, and when I did, I switched out the "Coastal Kitchen" set by SIMcredible! over on TSR (too new to post links, from what I've read from others). Anyway, I switched it out for a generic recolor of a base game item, and even with a "CC" kitchen, my Sims can cook normally.

Unless that set's been updated by its creator, or someone else knows a way to fix it themselves that I don't, I'd avoid it for now. As long as I've got my coastal themed kitchen for my beach house, I'm happy either way!
  • Options
    Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,778 Member
    Going back to the re-broken counter issue from the December patch (now that it's officially January, LOL!), it appears that it was one specific set the batch fixer wasn't recognizing or couldn't update for whatever reason. Took me a while to boot up my game again, 'cuz I was that annoyed, and when I did, I switched out the "Coastal Kitchen" set by SIMcredible! over on TSR (too new to post links, from what I've read from others). Anyway, I switched it out for a generic recolor of a base game item, and even with a "CC" kitchen, my Sims can cook normally.

Unless that set's been updated by its creator, or someone else knows a way to fix it themselves that I don't, I'd avoid it for now. As long as I've got my coastal themed kitchen for my beach house, I'm happy either way!

Did you see that SimCredible updated that set themselves on Dec 15th? You would need to download it new from TSR.
    https://www.thesimsresource.com/downloads/details/category/sims4-sets-objects-kitchen/title/coastal-kitchen/id/1395418/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top