Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Maybe were getting a tropical pack with a mermaid life state ?

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,205 Member
    kwanzaabot wrote: »
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Mermaids are awesome. And there's no issue with mermaids living outside of water. Mermaids can have legs on land and just turn into mermaids when they touch water. The TS3 mermaids needed to get into water sometimes which is fine, but they lived on land. It wouldn't be that different from the vampires not being able to go in sunlight. It would be cool if they had powers over water too like freezing, heating/steaming, moving water.

Here's my issue with "mermaids lose their tail on land".

You just described swimwear.
    Why do we need a whole new lifestate for a piece of exclusive swimwear?

No, with mermaids they breathe underwater , and not drown
  • Options
    ElenaBoleynElenaBoleyn Posts: 1,084 Member
    Almost 25 year old woman here, please give us the mermaids. As for the mermaids who get legs on land, that was a thing in the show H2O: Just add water and and the spin off show of H2O with the mermen and mermaids of Mako Island. It also reminds me of a few other mermaid movies and shows so it's not uncommon.
    I personally like both the dark and the sweet. I think they should add the witches, werewolves, fairies, and whatever else is part of the supernatural. Ooh demons too to torment sims!! XD Make them live a life of a horror movie lol.
    But really I think mermaids would be a great addition for those of us who like mermaids. It could add more fantasy and mystic for us as well as new adventures. Maybe even swim with dolphins and escape from aggressive sharks. That would be fun.
    tumblr_ngslmgsCVw1rsntc8o4_250.gif
  • Options
    TomatplanteTomatplante Posts: 2,793 Member
    I'm not interested in mermaids, but I've been hoping for a new vacation world for ages and would love a tropical deatination with more luxurious accommodation options. I love Granite Falls, but not all my sims suit the camping lifestyle.
  • Options
    DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm 33 and I loved the mermaids in TS3. Most of the occult stuff is fantastic and it appeals to a lot of grown ups too, not just tween and teens.I would buy it in a heartbeat if it had mermaids.
  • Options
    NanoSimsNanoSims Posts: 43 Member
    yess! new life state!
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited September 2017
    Yes, I would love mermaids (and fairies) to return.

They're one of the major reasons I still have Sims 3 installed. Those lifestates are a huge reason for me to play Sims 3.

I prefer Sims 2 overall gameplay-wise, but sadly it doesn't have mermaids. Sims 3 has a lot of good stuff!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    CloudwatcherCloudwatcher Posts: 5 New Member
    YAS. I would love mermaids in this game! Or some new supernatural creature to play around with. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Vampires and Aliens!
  • Options
    HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    I really want mermaids, I think It would be cool if they gave us a under water secret city too, that your mermaid could actually live in. Where you could build where they live and have different fish for pets. And ride Giant seahorses lol. Oh and if you could make your sim be a Cecaelia/ Octopus mermaid too, with different skin tone colors.
  • Options
    I really want mermaids, I think It would be cool if they gave us a under water secret city too, that your mermaid could actually live in. Where you could build where they live and have different fish for pets. And ride Giant seahorses lol. Oh and if you could make your sim be a Cecaelia/ Octopus mermaid too, with different skin tone colors.

Those are excellent ideas
  • Options

Those are excellent ideas

aww thanks:))I think it would be cool too if mermaids could be able to swim in aquarium tanks too lol.
  • Options
    blackwolf10799blackwolf10799 Posts: 28 Member
    > @kwanzaabot said:
    > Those icons were from Outdoor Retreat.
    >
    > And mermaids make me want to vomit. I know they market TS4 to teen girls, but that's just a little bit too sugary sweet for me. Let's keep the lifestates as things that appeal to a wider audience than just 13-year olds.

Just don't play with the mermaids lol I'm a young adult female and still want mermaids because I love them, and the sims 3 was literally the only virtual reality game in existence where you could play a mermaid and actually swim around. So sims 4 bringing mermaids in would be some people's favorite thing. Not everyone is a fan of everything but don't deter their interests. I don't see the point of clubs/get together, and I'm not a fan of camping and I don't like outdoor retreat, but I didn't tell EA not to create them because alot of people love it.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    edited December 2017
    Can we please stop stereotyping certain features as only appealing to teenage girls? (And acting like if devs want to engage teenage girls in video games it's the end of the franchise?) The Sims community has to be better than that.

I would love mermaids so much! They're my favourite supernatural creature and I would tell so many stories with them! Not all supernaturals have be as fleshed out as Vampires to add a huge amount to the game for some of us supernatural-loving players. It would be cool to have a gamepack with two or three supernaturals that all interact with each other in some way - not as full-fledged as vampires, but giving us way more story options than with the absolute snail's pace of supernatural releases in this game.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Terra wrote: »
    Can we please stop stereotyping certain features as only appealing to teenage girls? (And acting like if devs want to engage teenage girls in video games it's the end of the franchise?) The Sims community has to be better than that.

I would love mermaids so much! They're my favourite supernatural creature and I would tell so many stories with them! Not all supernaturals have be as fleshed out as Vampires to add a huge amount to the game for some of us supernatural-loving players. It would be cool to have a gamepack with two or three supernaturals that all interact with each other in some way - not as full-fledged as vampires, but giving us way more story options than with the absolute snail's pace of supernatural releases in this game.

I understand your point but what's the point of releasing a supernatural creature if it's going to be half-baked. I'm not a huge mermaid fan, but if they come, I want them just as fleshed out as vampires. Who wouldn't? Mermaids in S3 were boring and limited. They could be so much more, maybe then more people will want to play them.
  • Options
    TerraTerra Posts: 1,353 Member
    @Dannydanbo Well, think of it this way - if we got a pack that focused on two Supernatural states, but included a hybrid of those two states as a third, each of the 3 states would be less developed than the Vampires, but combining Supernatural states would give us a different sort of enjoyable gameplay!
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I feel like some life states can be fleshed out more than others. I suppose mermaids can be if we give them an array of different powers that can be unlocked just like with vampires, but I'm not sure if it can be done up to the extent of vampires. Like one entire mermaid GP sounds excessive. As part of a tropical pack, I can see it happening.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I understand your point but what's the point of releasing a supernatural creature if it's going to be half-baked. I'm not a huge mermaid fan, but if they come, I want them just as fleshed out as vampires. Who wouldn't? Mermaids in S3 were boring and limited. They could be so much more, maybe then more people will want to play them.

Not every supernatural can be flesh out as vampires
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Not every supernatural can be flesh out as vampires

True, but mermaids have a lot more history and legend than just turning into half a fish and swimming for miles. They could come with a beach vacation pack and still be more fleshed (scaled?) out than in the past.
  • Options
    KirRaeGamerKirRaeGamer Posts: 7 New Member
    I am all for mermaids/mermen, but the TS3 version was so basic. To be fair though, so were vampires, and werewolves at first. Now we have my favorite version of vampires to be introduced to a sims game so far! Beautifully designed outfits, a variety of different appearances and an awesome vampire leveling system with classic abilities! Love it!
    It would be cool if they could make an expansion pack geared toward a beach/island vacation theme. Including, an underwater mystery involving the lost city of Atlantis, or something similar. (maybe with an unlock-able lot that you have to find pieces to a puzzle or raise a certain skill to access) That way there's something interesting to discover in underwater lots through scuba diving! (or exploring as a mermaid)
    Considering the way occult life states have been handled so far, I'd imagine you would be able to create a mermaid from the CAS screen like vampires and aliens. Otherwise becoming a mermaid could happen by earning a magic charm from a mermaid npc you befriended, or finding 'mermaid kelp' in the unlocked underwater lot. (Or ya know, have a baby with a mermaid) Oh! Speaking of mermaid babies, there needs to be like a tide pool or a kiddie pool where toddler mermaids can swim with their little tails! (or maybe tentacles)
    Of course there needs to be more customization options for their appearance. Different shaped fins, different kinds of fins(tail, dorsal, etc.), different scale shapes and patterns, scale patterns for their faces and body, fins for ears, ocean themed accessories(jewelry, crowns/headbands, tops made of woven seaweed and shells and such) and maybe make it so they can have tentacles instead of fish tails. It would be really cool if they could adapt the create-a-style tool for their tail design!
    Lastly game play. Maybe there can be a siren theme for the mermaids where they sing and it can change a sims mood. Mermaids can either sing a song for a single sim, or sing aloud to effect everyone in a room. Maybe communicate with sea life. Definitely should be able to control water; change the temp, freeze water into shapes or evaporate puddles. Maybe the mermaid's mood will have different effects on water. (ex. if their in a pool, and their angry, the pool water will start to boil) There could be water dancing, mermaid shows AAH! too many ideas! Sorry! I love mermaids and have thought about this...A...LOT. Then again I've enjoyed playing with all the different life states through the years. I can't wait to see what comes next! :)
  • Options
    I really want Mermaids to be fleshed out. Plus I think it would be cool if they gave us underwater lots for our mermaids, with underwater pets, of all kinds of varieties. There really is a lot of stuff they could add in. Maybe new challenges to turn your mermaid into a human, like one way could be getting a regular sim to fall in love with you to keep your legs or your sea foam. But they could add a variety of ways to make your sim into a mermaid, or vice versa. Maybe they could add big aquariums so mermaids could swim with the fish at sims houses
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    I am all for mermaids/mermen, but the TS3 version was so basic. To be fair though, so were vampires, and werewolves at first. Now we have my favorite version of vampires to be introduced to a sims game so far! Beautifully designed outfits, a variety of different appearances and an awesome vampire leveling system with classic abilities! Love it!
    It would be cool if they could make an expansion pack geared toward a beach/island vacation theme. Including, an underwater mystery involving the lost city of Atlantis, or something similar. (maybe with an unlock-able lot that you have to find pieces to a puzzle or raise a certain skill to access) That way there's something interesting to discover in underwater lots through scuba diving! (or exploring as a mermaid)
    Considering the way occult life states have been handled so far, I'd imagine you would be able to create a mermaid from the CAS screen like vampires and aliens. Otherwise becoming a mermaid could happen by earning a magic charm from a mermaid npc you befriended, or finding 'mermaid kelp' in the unlocked underwater lot. (Or ya know, have a baby with a mermaid) Oh! Speaking of mermaid babies, there needs to be like a tide pool or a kiddie pool where toddler mermaids can swim with their little tails! (or maybe tentacles)
    Of course there needs to be more customization options for their appearance. Different shaped fins, different kinds of fins(tail, dorsal, etc.), different scale shapes and patterns, scale patterns for their faces and body, fins for ears, ocean themed accessories(jewelry, crowns/headbands, tops made of woven seaweed and shells and such) and maybe make it so they can have tentacles instead of fish tails. It would be really cool if they could adapt the create-a-style tool for their tail design!
    Lastly game play. Maybe there can be a siren theme for the mermaids where they sing and it can change a sims mood. Mermaids can either sing a song for a single sim, or sing aloud to effect everyone in a room. Maybe communicate with sea life. Definitely should be able to control water; change the temp, freeze water into shapes or evaporate puddles. Maybe the mermaid's mood will have different effects on water. (ex. if their in a pool, and their angry, the pool water will start to boil) There could be water dancing, mermaid shows AAH! too many ideas! Sorry! I love mermaids and have thought about this...A...LOT. Then again I've enjoyed playing with all the different life states through the years. I can't wait to see what comes next! :)

A secret underwater world would be amazing! It can be like Sixam in GTW, but for mermaids
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I dont think we will get them unless we get the ability to swim in oceans again or some kind of special underwater lot. I personally have no interest in them as i feel in comparison to other supernatural life states that are still missing from the game they do less. I hope people get them though.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    I dont think we will get them unless we get the ability to swim in oceans again or some kind of special underwater lot. I personally have no interest in them as i feel in comparison to other supernatural life states that are still missing from the game they do less. I hope people get them though.

I don't think we will get them
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    AuronoiChieftainAuronoiChieftain Posts: 362 Member
    edited December 2017
    I don't think that Mermaids will be seen anytime next year, but in my opinion if any occults are added, I hope we will be able to Custamize their appearence as much as we could for vampires. Playing Aliens, and not having that ability to Custamize them as advencely as Vampires, kinda makes me mad. Vampires can have different glowing eyes, and different facial features that you could add to make the perfect Ancient Vampire, yet Aliens never had these features (you had Scale Makeup, but no actual permanent scales), you couldn't even give them an extra pair of arms or eyes, or even a tail (in Spore, I made my Female Humanoid Aliens VERY Alien-Like, and I especially liked giving them Tails). When Vampires came out, I always thought that it would be a great Idea to update Aliens to have similir features to Vampires (CAS Related), and I think that EA/Maxis is missing a great oppertunity not doing this.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited December 2017

Pretty much confirmed now, the next GP will be tropical vacation
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

Pretty much confirmed now, the next GP will be tropical vacation

Yeah. I hope they add the ability to swim to all the bodies of water already in the game though!