The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Writers' Lounge - For All Games!

Comments

• Options
    MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    MadameLee wrote: »
    CathyTea wrote: »
    Hi, all! I've been thinking about how, for me, reading holiday stories has always been such an important part of this season. (Did anyone else grow up listening to or reading D.icke.n's A Christmas Carol? My favorite gift, each year, from my dad was listening to him read it aloud to us. He did a great Scrooge voice!)

I know that many of us have written delightful, joyful, or moving holiday stories, so I thought I'd create a central listing of them. That way, we'll have plenty of holiday cheer to read! I've included all of the December short stories from the past two years--and I'll add this year's contributions, once they're available. If you've written other holiday stories--or if you have chapters of longer works that feature the holidays or the spirit of solstice and yule, please share them!

Here's the thread: Getting in the Spirit with Holiday Stories - Share Yours!

Well speaking of the Christmas Carol there's a movie this year about the MAN Who Invented Christmas. (ie Charles plum) it has Dan Stevens @Meggles and Christopher Plummer (ie Captain Von Trapp from Sound of music with Julie Andrews) and other British actors Jonathan Pryce (anyone familiar with that actor?)

@MadameLee I know who all those people are!!!! (Dan Stevens!!! :love: ) I'll have to do a search for this movie since I hadn't heard of it until just now! :)
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    i think the realization dad won't be there will hit around the 24th. because i keep getting unexpectedly busy.

@friendsfan367 don't have words but... *hugs* <3

its alright. i'm just happy you still let me in ww. i haven't exactly been active.

No problem, @friendsfan367. You still comment from time to time. We like having you.

Ah! New avi! I love it!

Hi, @Meggles ! Is it concert season? :)
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    @15aewar Your new thread looks so awesome! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    15aewar15aewar Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited December 2017
    Introducing the Bridgeport Talent Agency
    Hello everyone! I'm starting a new writing prompt thread here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930918/writing-prompt-bridgeport-talent-agency-for-all-games/p1?new=1

The basis of it is that your character is an actor (whether they realize it or not.) They come to a run-down talent agency in Bridgeport and answer a bunch of invasive questions - and potentially talk to other characters, too!

I was inspired by @AdamsEve1231 's post here:
    I came across this post on Tumblr today and couldn't resist. I think it would be a fun way to engage fellow SimLit writers on the Simblr platform, if you're interested. No pressure. :)

I'm doing something fun over at my Simblr... "get to know my character(s)." Pick your questions from the list and select one of my characters from any of the listed stories, and I'll answer from the character's perspective. :)

I'd love to hear what questions you'd ask. Plus I'm always happy to follow fellow Simblrs. Check it out HERE.

Oh, thank you! Wow, you're fast!
  • Options
    simscognitosimscognito Posts: 16,599 Member
    15aewar wrote: »
    Introducing the Bridgeport Talent Agency
    Hello everyone! I'm starting a new writing prompt thread here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/930918/writing-prompt-bridgeport-talent-agency-for-all-games/p1?new=1

The basis of it is that your character is an actor (whether they realize it or not.) They come to a run-down talent agency in Bridgeport and answer a bunch of invasive questions - and potentially talk to other characters, too!

I was inspired by @AdamsEve1231 's post here:
    I came across this post on Tumblr today and couldn't resist. I think it would be a fun way to engage fellow SimLit writers on the Simblr platform, if you're interested. No pressure. :)

I'm doing something fun over at my Simblr... "get to know my character(s)." Pick your questions from the list and select one of my characters from any of the listed stories, and I'll answer from the character's perspective. :)

I'd love to hear what questions you'd ask. Plus I'm always happy to follow fellow Simblrs. Check it out HERE.

Oh, thank you! Wow, you're fast!

I love this idea!
  • Options
    BBQPenguinWingsBBQPenguinWings Posts: 3,773 Member
    edited December 2017

Arrowleaf wrote: »
    So a horrible thing has happened as far as me being anywhere close to productive is concerned. I told a friend about how I'm trying to take my mind off my story for a bit and their response was to gift me a game called Stardew Valley on steam. I sat down to try it out this morning and 8 hours later realized what time it was..... this may be bad :tongue:

Stardew Valley is a very addictive game. I've sunk hundreds of hours into it.

Enjoy!

That game is definitely addicting. It's great for flights and when you have to stay up all night (my old job). Have fun!
  • Options
    rednenemonrednenemon Posts: 3,208 Member
    So a horrible thing has happened as far as me being anywhere close to productive is concerned. I told a friend about how I'm trying to take my mind off my story for a bit and their response was to gift me a game called Stardew Valley on steam. I sat down to try it out this morning and 8 hours later realized what time it was..... this may be bad :tongue:

Say good-bye to all your productivity time. >:)

(In all seriousness, it is a very addictive game, and I surely recommend it)
    AO3: Silver_Shortage_in_Markarth <(Where I'm usually at nowadays)
    MQ2gUyY.jpg
    Part One(Complete 9/24/16) /Part Two(on hold)/Short Stories(on hold)/Twinbrook 1996(on hold)/Ten Crystal Hearts (on hold)
    I own the TS3 Store as of 12/11/16 (sort of. It's complicated)
  • Options
    AdamsEve1231AdamsEve1231 Posts: 7,035 Member
    edited December 2017
    Ah! New avi! I love it!

Awww... thanks, @CathyTea. I decided to use a TS4 Simself avi for a change. I would totally wear that sweater/scarf combo... and the pearls... haha! I even found a hairstyle I liked today for my Simself... one that's a little more me... although the perfect one would probably require a hair clip of sorts since I'm usually a messy clipped bun most days.

With these forums closing down, stay connected.

Find me elsewhere:
    My EA App ID: livinasimminlife
    Livin' A Simmin' Life Stories
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    friendsfan367friendsfan367 Posts: 29,362 Member
    Trip wrote: »
    @AdamsEve1231: I had to change my simself too once I got Cats & Dogs. Pets aside, it came with a lot of sweaters I'd 100% wear in real life or even have actually owned.

so you chose a plumbob?
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,790 Member
    edited December 2017
    @Trip I downloaded your simself for my simself+Disney save and I mated Bud with Cider this is what the result is:
    zJK4VDv.png

all girls. Funny how Lady&the Tramp's puppies are all boys (I have @RoryPlaysTheSims have those 2 as pets). Maybe I should mate one of these dogs with L&T's puppies when both are older
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Arrowleaf wrote: »

Stardew Valley is a very addictive game. I've sunk hundreds of hours into it.

Enjoy!

i'm mad at nintendo. sv is download only. i was excited when i thought it was going to be released on a cartridge.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @AdamsEve1231: I had to change my simself too once I got Cats & Dogs. Pets aside, it came with a lot of sweaters I'd 100% wear in real life or even have actually owned.

@Trip I happen to love sweaters and scarves. I'm really tempted to go back to that one store where I saw the three llamas holiday sweater. :p

And boots... gotta have my boots. And bling... I wish TS4 had better bling! I probably just need to hunt for the right CC. I'm all about matching sets. Lol.

so you chose a plumbob?

:D you rock the plumbob look!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Is anyone doing Purple Day this year?

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

not this time the benders decied reincarnation is more fun.
  • Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,139 Member
    Holy cow!! Over 4000 pages!!! :astonished: This thread is rockin' it!

I wonder if anyone dares to start reading from page 1? :p

Anyhoo, I'm just gonna throw a link to my blog out there because I've got most of my stories moved over, and am still working on moving over one. :)
    I hope many of you will check it out and read some of my stories. Not to brag but they're good I promise. ;):p
    https://emilyssims3stories.wordpress.com
    (Don't forget to click "Follow" :) )

Happy Simming on--and Sim writing--my friends. ;)
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

I completely forgot about it until today! I've been playing Aging Off, so I haven't really been thinking about it... But now I feel like commemorating some of my favorites from legacies who have passed... @Karilan 's Bethany is on my mind lately, so maybe I'll write up a tribute for her and also reflect back on others...

How about you, @AdamsEve1231 ?

• Options

I completely forgot about it until today! I've been playing Aging Off, so I haven't really been thinking about it... But now I feel like commemorating some of my favorites from legacies who have passed... @Karilan 's Bethany is on my mind lately, so maybe I'll write up a tribute for her and also reflect back on others...

Hi @CathyTea I've not heard of Purple Day before, but I love the sound of it and would love to pay tribute to @CitizenErased14 's Mari Rosebrook. I'm however, unsure where to pay tribute? Is it on our own blogs or do we write it here or is there a special place to pay tribute?
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
    MC Command Center Question
    Does anyone who use it (I think I know @Jes2G might have used it for this) have any issues adding more than 8 to the current lot? I have to add them to household, correct? Day 57 of my #BuildNewcrest Challenge, the triplets are having a birthday party as they age up to young adults (gosh, they're growing up so quickly).
  • Options

Hi @CathyTea I've not heard of Purple Day before, but I love the sound of it and would love to pay tribute to @CitizenErased14 's Mari Rosebrook. I'm however, unsure where to pay tribute? Is it on our own blogs or do we write it here or is there a special place to pay tribute?

@simscognito Here's the link to the thread over in the forums explaining Purple Day. And here's the link to the actual Purple Day website. I think you can do a tribute however you like.

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    Acarb90Acarb90 Posts: 608 Member
    Kendra gets some unwelcome visitors.
    11-27-17_1d0-47-28PM_zps1tuobsde.png
    THIRTYT(2).png
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Hi @CathyTea I've not heard of Purple Day before, but I love the sound of it and would love to pay tribute to @CitizenErased14 's Mari Rosebrook. I'm however, unsure where to pay tribute? Is it on our own blogs or do we write it here or is there a special place to pay tribute?[/quote]

I decided to do something unusual. My first plan was to send my Simself to visit Sims who have passed in my stories... i.e. Jennifer Martinez (KCLKF), Marigold Racket (CFT), Lucy Ferne (CFT)... maybe even *gasp* Max and Silver too...

...but I ran out of time since TS3 takes so long to load, and I've been swamped with finishing school.

Then I thought to recreate said Sims in TS4, which loads way faster, but only got as far as Jennifer Martinez.

Then this happened... I just finished writing a stream of consciousness post to celebrate Purple Day and it's way past when I should be sleeping. Haha. But it felt good to get all this out, and good timing given my Simself story. I don't know if anyone will read my plum-long post (and yes, I actually typed "plum" on purpose here)... but this is my SimLit Purple Day celebration-commemoration-or-whatever-you-want-to-call-it post:

11-30-17_7-58-48c2a0pm.png?w=1024&h=576

In Celebration of Purple Day: How The Sims Helped Me Learn to Love Myself Again

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    And as if you haven't heard enough from me... haha... I also have another TAT post out since it's after midnight here and I'm actually awake to do the update. In my defense, I wrote and pre-scheduled this post before I wrote my Purple Day one.

dennis-racket.jpg
    1.71 Return to Light (Dennis)

The return of someone special... Dennis Racket.

And now for some sleep!

Find me elsewhere:
    My Worldbuilding Blog
    Simblr
    My Sims Pinterest
  • Options

Thanks @AdamsEve1231 that was really helpful. :)
  • Options
    LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Hi @CathyTea I've not heard of Purple Day before.....

I've never heard about it before either and I've been playing The Sims for who knows how long. :sweat:

This has inspired me now though that as we in the real world wear black to funerals, my sims will wear purple.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top