Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    Reitanna wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I don't want to make another new thread, so I came here instead. so last night, I was working on a lot, and because of prior experiences, I made sure to save each time significant changes were made. after a few hours, my game crashed due to some faulty CC, I pressed save just in case, but had to force close the game when it stuck on saving. let me repeat... I KEPT SAVING MY GAME. loaded game today, saw that the lot looked like it did many saves ago! I KNOW FOR A FACT I saved PLENTY of times after what it looks like right now! I tried to recover a save, but the newest one to recover was from HOURS before I started working on the lot! and so I loaded the original save again, and now it's like... mixed with the recovered save... I can't even explain what I mean. it looks like the recovered save, but some items that weren't there before are now there, but still, a LOT of progress has been lost! WHAT HAPPENED?!

Hello
    I am sorry but the broken cc may have upset the saving process :( When you were saving the game, it wasn’t saving properly.
    You may need to try seeing if any of the recover saves are able to be used, even if they are from a much earlier time, and play from then.

I understand if it upset the LAST saving process, but it could not have upset all the successful ones, right? I mean, this object isn't new, I've never had problems saving before, so that doesn't really make any sense...

There was an issue , which has now been been fixed, where two save versions were being combined together. It sounds like this glitch occurred in your game. I am sorry that this occured in your game,
  • Options
    GooseGoose Posts: 5 New Member
    I joined the forum specifically to post about this issue. Is there a way to start a new thread about it?

In Brindleton Bay, in the harbor area, the moon texture appears to be missing. There is a black square in the sky where the moon should be.

Images here (please replace the (dot) with . as it says I'm not allowed to post links as a new member):
    imgur (dot) com/a/IXn34

This issue doesn't appear in the other Brindleton Bay neighborhoods, only in the harbor. The images I posted are from a fresh reinstall of the game, new save file, no mods or anything of the sort.

Has anyone encountered it? Are Maxis aware of this? Is there a way to fix it?
  • Options
    Goose wrote: »
    I joined the forum specifically to post about this issue. Is there a way to start a new thread about it?

In Brindleton Bay, in the harbor area, the moon texture appears to be missing. There is a black square in the sky where the moon should be.

Images here (please replace the (dot) with . as it says I'm not allowed to post links as a new member):
    imgur.com/a/IXn34
    Q8T8cMY.png
    MC2ipwO.jpg

This issue doesn't appear in the other Brindleton Bay neighborhoods, only in the harbor. The images I posted are from a fresh reinstall of the game, new save file, no mods or anything of the sort.

Has anyone encountered it? Are Maxis aware of this? Is there a way to fix it?

• Options
    Hello @Goose
    Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If the issue remains, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Texture-Glitches/m-p/5084563#M20587
  • Options
    GooseGoose Posts: 5 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Goose
    > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    >
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    >
    > If the issue remains, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    >

Thank you for responding! Sadly, I repaired the game twice when I first noticed this, and it didn't work. So I completely reinstalled the game, but it's still happening. Could you maybe check if you see it in your game? It's only in the harbor neighborhood, and only when the moon is showing, so it might be easy to miss.
  • Options
    Goose wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello @Goose
    > Try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    >
    >
    > Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
    >
    > If the issue remains, it would be good to post feedback on this AHQ EA site thread
    >

Thank you for responding! Sadly, I repaired the game twice when I first noticed this, and it didn't work. So I completely reinstalled the game, but it's still happening. Could you maybe check if you see it in your game? It's only in the harbor neighborhood, and only when the moon is showing, so it might be easy to miss.

Hello
    I am unable to test it at the moment, but if you post on the AHQ EA site that I linked to, BryonyRae will test it in her game.
  • Options
    sconder16sconder16 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm having issues with releasing spirits. I'm on generation eight of my legacy, and I have fifteen headstones of my heirs and their spouses. I usually place them on the legacy lot. Previously, I would always release the spirit because having the ghosts pop up every night drives me insane. After the update, releasing a spirit no longer has any effect on these ghosts. I'll release the spirit, get a notification that so-and-so's spirit is fading away, and then that night the ghost spawns. Next day, I'll repeat the process over again with no change in the result. It's happening on all fifteen of the headstones, and I've gotten so fed up that I've just put them in the household inventory for now. Am I supposed to be doing something else?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    sconder16 wrote: »
    I'm having issues with releasing spirits. I'm on generation eight of my legacy, and I have fifteen headstones of my heirs and their spouses. I usually place them on the legacy lot. Previously, I would always release the spirit because having the ghosts pop up every night drives me insane. After the update, releasing a spirit no longer has any effect on these ghosts. I'll release the spirit, get a notification that so-and-so's spirit is fading away, and then that night the ghost spawns. Next day, I'll repeat the process over again with no change in the result. It's happening on all fifteen of the headstones, and I've gotten so fed up that I've just put them in the household inventory for now. Am I supposed to be doing something else?

Hello @sconder16
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issue remains, it would be good to start a new thread on the AHQ EA site thread and post feedback there. Other simmers who have this issue can post feedback there as well.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
  • Options
    caitlinxox10caitlinxox10 Posts: 28 New Member
    If I'm being honest I've never been so annoyed at a game in my life. I love the sims 4 I always have, but when I first bought the game it deleted itself off my computer so then I got a new computer and I re bought the game but when I bought it again and for a year now it's worked fine, but recently I have had more oroblems with it lagging, so I asked anyone on here to help and fair play I did get help, but I was told that my computer was a wrong computer and to play the game I have to buy a new computer. Honestly this game went worth the £224 I spent on it.
  • Options
    If I'm being honest I've never been so annoyed at a game in my life. I love the sims 4 I always have, but when I first bought the game it deleted itself off my computer so then I got a new computer and I re bought the game but when I bought it again and for a year now it's worked fine, but recently I have had more oroblems with it lagging, so I asked anyone on here to help and fair play I did get help, but I was told that my computer was a wrong computer and to play the game I have to buy a new computer. Honestly this game went worth the £224 I spent on it.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are unable to play the game on your computer :( I hope that you may be able to perhaps get a new computer now or in the future that will be able to handle it,
  • Options
    AshXAshX Posts: 1 New Member
    This game has been giving me so many issues recently. It's been slow and lagging for awhile, but last month it started taking over an hour just for the main menu to load when I start the game. Then this past weekend (my first time playing since the C&D update), whenever I clicked 'play household', it just started that same spinning plumbob and just wouldn't load for anything. So I started removing CC/mods in groups by month and discovered that somehow some August mod was causing the problem with the main menu not loading. Thinking I had solved all the issues, I went back into the game and still ran into the same problem with being unable to play a household.

After exhausting every method I know how, I've gotten households to play, but now whenever i load or start a new game, the actions in the top right corner don't work. In fact they won't even pop up. So I can't get to options to save my game and am forced to quit the game via Task Manager every single time. I'm beyond frustrated with how this game seems to be deteriorating into. Does anyone have any clue as to why the problems I'm having exist or a solution for them?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    AshX wrote: »
    This game has been giving me so many issues recently. It's been slow and lagging for awhile, but last month it started taking over an hour just for the main menu to load when I start the game. Then this past weekend (my first time playing since the C&D update), whenever I clicked 'play household', it just started that same spinning plumbob and just wouldn't load for anything. So I started removing CC/mods in groups by month and discovered that somehow some August mod was causing the problem with the main menu not loading. Thinking I had solved all the issues, I went back into the game and still ran into the same problem with being unable to play a household.

After exhausting every method I know how, I've gotten households to play, but now whenever i load or start a new game, the actions in the top right corner don't work. In fact they won't even pop up. So I can't get to options to save my game and am forced to quit the game via Task Manager every single time. I'm beyond frustrated with how this game seems to be deteriorating into. Does anyone have any clue as to why the problems I'm having exist or a solution for them?

Hello @AshX
    The More Columns in CAS mod or the UI Cheats Extension mod may be causing these issues, If you have them, remove them and download the new updated versions of the mods
    http://www.modthesims.info/d/558548
    http://modthesims.info/d/558052
    If you don’t have these mods , move your whole mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.

This link thread contains a list of some of the broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair

If you still have issues, could you please post your DxDiag info here.
    To gather a DXDIAG on your computer, do this :
    Press and hold the Windows key and the letter R on your keyboard
    You will see a Run box in the lower-left corner of your screen
    Type dxdiag in the text field
    Click OK
    Click the Save All Information button, found on the bottom of the DXDIAG report
    Then copy and paste the information from where you saved it, to pastebin https://pastebin.com
    and post the link to the file here

• Options
    costa09costa09 Posts: 52 Member
    Hello all, i have a problem with vet perk. I unlocked the perk for the quality furniture but it is still disabled. No mod or cc. Someone have the same issue?
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    costa09 wrote: »
    Hello all, i have a problem with vet perk. I unlocked the perk for the quality furniture but it is still disabled. No mod or cc. Someone have the same issue?

Hello @costa09
    I think that you mean the supples qualty perk. Try having your sim close clinic for the day. Then have then open the clinic the next day and see if the issue is fixed.
  • Options
    > @rosemow said:
    > costa09 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello all, i have a problem with vet perk. I unlocked the perk for the quality furniture but it is still disabled. No mod or cc. Someone have the same issue?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @costa09
    > I think that you mean the supples qualty perk. Try having your sim close clinic for the day. Then have then open the clinic the next day and see if the issue is fixed.

Hello @rosemow,
    thanks for reply. I alredy done this and didn't solve the problem.
  • Options
    costa09 wrote: »
    > @rosemow said:
    > costa09 wrote: »
    >
    > Hello all, i have a problem with vet perk. I unlocked the perk for the quality furniture but it is still disabled. No mod or cc. Someone have the same issue?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @costa09
    > I think that you mean the supples qualty perk. Try having your sim close clinic for the day. Then have then open the clinic the next day and see if the issue is fixed.

Hello @rosemow,
    thanks for reply. I alredy done this and didn't solve the problem.

Hello @costa09
    Try typing into the cheat bar
    testingcheats true
    Press enter . Then type in
    Bucks.unlock_perk SupplyQuality true
    Press enter
    Then see if that helps

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    Hello @rosemow , thanks again for the reply. After 3 days and without cheats it work. :smile:
  • Options
  • Options
    WillGSWillGS Posts: 3 New Member
    I am using a translation site because I can not speak English.
    After updating to Ver1.36.99, it stopped halfway during game play.
    If you remove the hair MOD, it gets lighter.
    However, the hair MOD is mandatory.
    It was very light if it was Ver before Ver1.36.99.
    Please be sure to be able to return the Ver before Ver1.36.99 on the official website.
    Currently, I am in a situation where Sims 4 can not play.
  • Options
    WillGS wrote: »
    I am using a translation site because I can not speak English.
    After updating to Ver1.36.99, it stopped halfway during game play.
    If you remove the hair MOD, it gets lighter.
    However, the hair MOD is mandatory.
    It was very light if it was Ver before Ver1.36.99.
    Please be sure to be able to return the Ver before Ver1.36.99 on the official website.
    Currently, I am in a situation where Sims 4 can not play.

Hello @WillGS
    You will need to remove the hair mod. The patch may have broken it. Try going back to the website where you downloaded it from, and see if there is an updated version of the hair mod,
    You can’t go back to a previous game version,
  • Options
    chillsta8chillsta8 Posts: 11 New Member
    I can't seem to find 40 x 40 lots on the exchange as that size does not come up as an option in the drop down menu for lot size. I've tried downloading the current Brindleton Bay lot to My Library but it still does not show. What am I doing wrong please?
  • Options
    chillsta8 wrote: »
    I can't seem to find 40 x 40 lots on the exchange as that size does not come up as an option in the drop down menu for lot size. I've tried downloading the current Brindleton Bay lot to My Library but it still does not show. What am I doing wrong please?

Hello
    Try going tio the Advanced section of the gallety, tick the option to “ incide custom content “ and see if the build appears then.
    Try searching in the community section for builds that have Brindleton in their name. When the hashtags feature is fixed, it will be easier to find builds,
  • Options
    gretch_an_ator01gretch_an_ator01 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @rosemow said:
    > Hello :) Welcome to the forums.
    > Because of recent spambots attack issues, new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are not able to start a new thread until you become a full member.
    > If you have a game issue and are unable to find another thread with a similar issue , you are welcome to post on this thread and there will be simmers who will try to help you with your game issue.

Hello! I'm new to the forum and I couldn't figure out how to start a new thread.
    Anyway, I've been experiencing a few random things since I've started playing with the Cats and Dogs expansion.
    -My selected sim can't discipline bad pet behaviors when the pets are in certain spots. Like, if my cat is under a cabinet while on a counter top/on top of the fridge or if my dog is just on the other side of a wall near a garden/a few random objects; the sim just tells me that it can't move to that location to do the disciplinary action.
    -In one instance, I took one of my pets to the vet for a sickness and now has been permanently uncomfortable since. I waited about a month in sim time and still uncomfortable. I've kept up with their needs, walking them, and making sure they... do their business.
    -I've also been dealing with my vegetarian sim becoming sad and sick after having eggs and toast which is supposed to be safe for them to eat. -Another random thing is that all of my female sims have started peeing standing up like their male counter parts.

I hope I'm not the only one dealing with these types of things in their game :p
  • Options
    ellief96ellief96 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi hello
    im needing help recovering my sims/families ect. what happened was I updated it and it came up with an error it said something was missing, and i worked out that my ea folder wasnt in applications like it normally is. so i moved it back and it worked and completed the download. Then when i went to start it there was an error and it said to either repair it or uninstall on origin, i did not want to lose anything so thought best just to repair it. it now starts to play great. however now all my sims have gone and its restarted the entire game to the begining. I had a family in to its fourth generation so naturally im heartbroken. I really want to recover it. I dont know what else I can do Ive already tried going in to the saves and copying the most recent folder ect and nothing is different? I need some more help on what I can do

thank you
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    [q

For the future, when you do get a new computer, you don't have to rebuy the game. You only have to buy the game once. And when you are wanting to install on a new/different computer, you just log into your account that has the game and download it and the packs from there.