Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post game issues

Comments

• Options
    KitsunechanwKitsunechanw Posts: 112 Member
    okay so i went into create a sim via ui cheat exstentions and i may of found the issue. when i try to edit her gender it wont let me. it says cannot edit pregnant sims. so lol i guess she is pregnant and its saying she is fixed because of it idk
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    okay so i went into create a sim via ui cheat exstentions and i may of found the issue. when i try to edit her gender it wont let me. it says cannot edit pregnant sims. so lol i guess she is pregnant and its saying she is fixed because of it idk

It is great that your cat is expecting :)
  • Options
    AZgirl480AZgirl480 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hello. I am getting quite frustrated with this Maximum Sim Count thing. I used to have families in almost every home/apartment and when C&D came out, I was hoping to add pets to most of those households. I spent many hours (1186 hrs.) working on building families, having them get married and have kids and moving on to their own homes. I had to kill off households and delete some newer ones entirely before I got down to 192/200. I have only added 1 pet to 2 households in the whole game, even though I wanted to have a pet in almost every house. I am afraid if I go over the 200 mark, I will get all my sims culled, like people keep talking about.

What are the negative issues if I put my game on unlimited sim count mode? Some people say it will just cause the game to run slower but others say that it will crash and sometimes delete sims.
    If I choose to put my sim count to unlimited, will it stop the culling?

Also, I downloaded a mod (I never use mods, so its all new to me) and followed all the steps to make sure it was in the right place. How will I know if it worked?

Please help. I have played the sims since I was a kid and got TS4 almost as soon as it came out. I don't want to lose everything. Thank you
  • Options
    AZgirl480 wrote: »
    Hello. I am getting quite frustrated with this Maximum Sim Count thing. I used to have families in almost every home/apartment and when C&D came out, I was hoping to add pets to most of those households. I spent many hours (1186 hrs.) working on building families, having them get married and have kids and moving on to their own homes. I had to kill off households and delete some newer ones entirely before I got down to 192/200. I have only added 1 pet to 2 households in the whole game, even though I wanted to have a pet in almost every house. I am afraid if I go over the 200 mark, I will get all my sims culled, like people keep talking about.

What are the negative issues if I put my game on unlimited sim count mode? Some people say it will just cause the game to run slower but others say that it will crash and sometimes delete sims.
    If I choose to put my sim count to unlimited, will it stop the culling?

Also, I downloaded a mod (I never use mods, so its all new to me) and followed all the steps to make sure it was in the right place. How will I know if it worked?

Please help. I have played the sims since I was a kid and got TS4 almost as soon as it came out. I don't want to lose everything. Thank you

Hello @AZgirl480
    This link post has information about culling which may help you. The number of sims that can be in the world before culling starts is 575
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/15366827/#Comment_15366827
    If you would like to know more about culling, it would be good to post on that thread,
    With the mod that you downloaded, which one was it?
  • Options
    AZgirl480AZgirl480 Posts: 4 New Member
    @rosemow it was from a site called modthesims.
  • Options
    ScarfieScarfie Posts: 1 New Member
    hello, I'm having an issue with Vet Perks. I purchased the "Unlock Vet Supply Quality" perk but I'm still unable to change it.
    The option to change it is greyed out and tells me to buy the perk but it also won't let me buy it again.
    not sure what to do :(
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    I don't want to make another new thread, so I came here instead. so last night, I was working on a lot, and because of prior experiences, I made sure to save each time significant changes were made. after a few hours, my game crashed due to some faulty CC, I pressed save just in case, but had to force close the game when it stuck on saving. let me repeat... I KEPT SAVING MY GAME. loaded game today, saw that the lot looked like it did many saves ago! I KNOW FOR A FACT I saved PLENTY of times after what it looks like right now! I tried to recover a save, but the newest one to recover was from HOURS before I started working on the lot! and so I loaded the original save again, and now it's like... mixed with the recovered save... I can't even explain what I mean. it looks like the recovered save, but some items that weren't there before are now there, but still, a LOT of progress has been lost! WHAT HAPPENED?!
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png
  • Options
    AZgirl480 wrote: »
    @rosemow it was from a site called modthesims.

What is the name of the mod? . If you read a description of the mod, it will tell you what is meant to do. Try testing in game to see if it is doing what it is meant to be doing. There may be options on the socials menu that appear when the mod is installed.
  • Options
    Scarfie wrote: »
    hello, I'm having an issue with Vet Perks. I purchased the "Unlock Vet Supply Quality" perk but I'm still unable to change it.
    The option to change it is greyed out and tells me to buy the perk but it also won't let me buy it again.
    not sure what to do :(

Hello
    I am sorry that you have this issue.
    Try closing your clinic. Then go home. Then go back to the clinic, open it up again, and see if the issue remains,
  • Options
    Reitanna wrote: »
    I don't want to make another new thread, so I came here instead. so last night, I was working on a lot, and because of prior experiences, I made sure to save each time significant changes were made. after a few hours, my game crashed due to some faulty CC, I pressed save just in case, but had to force close the game when it stuck on saving. let me repeat... I KEPT SAVING MY GAME. loaded game today, saw that the lot looked like it did many saves ago! I KNOW FOR A FACT I saved PLENTY of times after what it looks like right now! I tried to recover a save, but the newest one to recover was from HOURS before I started working on the lot! and so I loaded the original save again, and now it's like... mixed with the recovered save... I can't even explain what I mean. it looks like the recovered save, but some items that weren't there before are now there, but still, a LOT of progress has been lost! WHAT HAPPENED?!

Hello
    I am sorry but the broken cc may have upset the saving process :( When you were saving the game, it wasn’t saving properly.
    You may need to try seeing if any of the recover saves are able to be used, even if they are from a much earlier time, and play from then.
  • Options
    RonnieHamRonnieHam Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello, I have updated my game recently considering when I tried to play before all my relationships were wiped out completely which I made the choice not to save the game but to just exit just in case this was a issue waiting to be fixed. Although my relationships are fine now, I realized that every time I tried to get my sims to interact with furniture it keeps disallowing sims to engage with them.
  • Options
    RonnieHam wrote: »
    Hello, I have updated my game recently considering when I tried to play before all my relationships were wiped out completely which I made the choice not to save the game but to just exit just in case this was a issue waiting to be fixed. Although my relationships are fine now, I realized that every time I tried to get my sims to interact with furniture it keeps disallowing sims to engage with them.

Hello @RonnieHam
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there. If it has helped with the issues, put your mods/ CC back into the newly generated mods folder that is in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing after each one to see which is the causes of the problem.
    This link thread contains a list of some of the broken and updated mods
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/928106/broken-mods-cats-and-dogs-nov-2017/p1?new=1

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    RaquelleRosaliaRaquelleRosalia Posts: 7 New Member
    My dog keeps getting scared of i-don't-know-what ever since he got treated at the vet. The solution I found on google(quite a lot of people encountered the same problem) was to remove all buffs/debuffs from my pet. Is there any other way to fix this though? Because for some reason after I removed all the buffs/debuffs, my doggy isn't as loving as before, I don't get options to Kiss/Feel the Love/Hug/Scratch Favourite Spot etc etc. My relationship is at full, and my character is companion with my doggy. :(
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    My dog keeps getting scared of i-don't-know-what ever since he got treated at the vet. The solution I found on google(quite a lot of people encountered the same problem) was to remove all buffs/debuffs from my pet. Is there any other way to fix this though? Because for some reason after I removed all the buffs/debuffs, my doggy isn't as loving as before, I don't get options to Kiss/Feel the Love/Hug/Scratch Favourite Spot etc etc. My relationship is at full, and my character is companion with my doggy. :(

Hello @RaquelleRosalia
    I am sorry that you are having the issues after using the solution. At the moment, there isn’t any other solution except for avoiding the vet.
    For your issue with your dog, try deleting the cache files and see if that helps
    https://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2014/09/delete-cache-files/

Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    Rael_BarclayRael_Barclay Posts: 82 Member
    Hello. Since I still cannot make my own post (which doesn't make me happy), I will ask this here and hope you knowledgeable people can help. :) Since the patch, my snack machine (Corporate Fridge Raider Revenue Generating Cooler thing) does not dispense pastries or pre-made meals on any of my lots. The options are grayed out, and it says "there is no available fridge".

On two of the lots, I actually do have refrigerators. All of them have working and accessible microwaves. I've tried selling all three (cooler, fridge, microwave) and buying them again but no help.

What am I doing wrong? Perhaps this is a known issue with the recent patch? Thank you for reading my wall of text and have a great day out there.
  • Options
    Hello. Since I still cannot make my own post (which doesn't make me happy), I will ask this here and hope you knowledgeable people can help. :) Since the patch, my snack machine (Corporate Fridge Raider Revenue Generating Cooler thing) does not dispense pastries or pre-made meals on any of my lots. The options are grayed out, and it says "there is no available fridge".

On two of the lots, I actually do have refrigerators. All of them have working and accessible microwaves. I've tried selling all three (cooler, fridge, microwave) and buying them again but no help.

What am I doing wrong? Perhaps this is a known issue with the recent patch? Thank you for reading my wall of text and have a great day out there.

Hello
    If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair
  • Options
    Rael_BarclayRael_Barclay Posts: 82 Member
    @Rosemow Thank you very much. I have no custom content or mods, and I did the repair, forgot about trying that. No luck. :(
  • Options
    @Rosemow Thank you very much. I have no custom content or mods, and I did the repair, forgot about trying that. No luck. :(

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having this issue.
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder, starting a new save game. and testing to see if that the issue is there also . To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated.
    Start a new game and test to see if the cooler works correctly in that new save game.
    Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or "options" file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder.
  • Options
    BooBabyBooBaby Posts: 2 New Member
    I'm not really sure if this thread is still active, but if it is I would appreciate any help. I just got access last night to sims 4 on my PS4, and I've been playing it since then but now I'm having issues.. I have two saves going, one save without cheats and the second I enabled cheats. On my second save (the one I enabled cheats on) it won't let me save anymore. I had just gotten my sims into their home and one of my sims has just gotten pregnant, and I went to save but it wouldnt let me. Whenever I try to save through the save option I lose the ability to scroll through the options menu, and I can fix that by pressing L3 and then going back to the options menu, but when I try to save through the exit to main menu option it just goes back to the game and starts playing again. I've tried disabling the cheats and then trying to save again and that didn't work. And I've tried to creat a new save instead of overwrite the other one and that didn't help either... I've only tried those two things as of right now but I honestly don't know what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated..
  • Options
    BooBaby wrote: »
    I'm not really sure if this thread is still active, but if it is I would appreciate any help. I just got access last night to sims 4 on my PS4, and I've been playing it since then but now I'm having issues.. I have two saves going, one save without cheats and the second I enabled cheats. On my second save (the one I enabled cheats on) it won't let me save anymore. I had just gotten my sims into their home and one of my sims has just gotten pregnant, and I went to save but it wouldnt let me. Whenever I try to save through the save option I lose the ability to scroll through the options menu, and I can fix that by pressing L3 and then going back to the options menu, but when I try to save through the exit to main menu option it just goes back to the game and starts playing again. I've tried disabling the cheats and then trying to save again and that didn't work. And I've tried to creat a new save instead of overwrite the other one and that didn't help either... I've only tried those two things as of right now but I honestly don't know what to do. Any help is greatly appreciated..

Hello @BooBaby
    I am sorry that you are having game issues
    It would be best to post on a thread in the Console section of the forums. Because you are a new member, you can’t start a new thread but you can post in a thread that another simmer has already started
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/console-discussion
    I am not playing the console version so I can’t assist you, I am sorry :(
  • Options
    ReitannaReitanna Posts: 294 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Reitanna wrote: »

Hello
    I am sorry but the broken cc may have upset the saving process :( When you were saving the game, it wasn’t saving properly.
    You may need to try seeing if any of the recover saves are able to be used, even if they are from a much earlier time, and play from then.

I understand if it upset the LAST saving process, but it could not have upset all the successful ones, right? I mean, this object isn't new, I've never had problems saving before, so that doesn't really make any sense...
    I'm so old, I remember when "hashtags" were called POUND SIGNS.

K7ZEXAi.png