Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you like to see more worlds added in the game?

Comments

• Options
    rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, but also more vacation worlds, there's only one so far.
  • Options
    NightmareCandleNightmareCandle Posts: 531 Member
    Yes.
    rjssim wrote: »
    Yes, but also more vacation worlds, there's only one so far.

Yeah, seriously. It's a nice system I would like to see expanded. I'm completely disinterested in Granite Falls, there's nothing to do there that I can't do at home and I'm not into collecting, so I get nothing out of the vacation system.
    ► ♦ 8XGb8hl.gif ♦ ◄
  • Options
    alyssasim87alyssasim87 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Yes.
    of course. it would be nice to have new worlds to live in and make more lots and have more places to see.
    my origin id is simkitten87

Im a simmer forever <3
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    Maybe.
    I voted Maybe because I don't want any new world. There aren't lots of EPs that I think really need a new world, mainly Vacation spots and, a rural environment if we got a Farming pack. Apart from that, it would mainly be for the changes of scenery, and not something I would really need, so I would be extremely picky.

Having say that, a new world certainly makes a new EP more memorable, so if making a new world like Brindleton Bay isn't too expensive, I think it could bring this novelty and change of scenery vibes without diverting too much ressources from the focus of the pack.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Yes.
    Yes I would!
  • Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Yes.
    ehaught58 wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Many of us have been begging EA for more worlds in the game for quite some time now. Do they hear us? Of course they do! Then, why are they not giving us more worlds like they did New Crest? After seeing people complaining about lag becoming more and more noticeable with the addition of C&D, it is becoming more obvious that the game engine is starting to show its limitations. I believe that we will start seeing and hearing more about the game loading time taking longer, load screens between worlds taking longer, and more lag becoming apparent with each new pack added to the game. All because of the plum game engine!

Ed I honestly do not have any lag or problems with Sims 4 - and love the fact they raised the bar on less culling. If there were honestly real issues do you really think they would have allowed the increases they added? If there were weaknesses in the engine the amount of culling would have gone up, not down.

As for lag and troublesome play the ones that seem to have the worse problems seems to have used a lot of moo in their lots, used CC and mods, or had pcs that played just alright before this pack and now they are having issues. The known glitches in the relationship issue were posted as well as a work around while Nick and the team find an actual solution - and I take it not everyone paid attention to what they needed to do - for now. Me as you know runs a real high end 8 core desktop that still runs the game on Ultra with no issues. I don't have a single mod, or a single piece of CC, and never used moo seeing it has had issues since mid Sims 3, and in fact did not even work in Sims 4 for quite a while. It was made to work somewhat - but it has been a troublesome cheat in Sims 3 and Sims 4 for a long time in many instances - so I just never use it. I followed Nick work a round and have no relationship issues and knock on wood - but haven't had any glitches or distortions in my game at all with the Pets ep.

To be fair - maybe there is an issue with BB as I still have not played in the new town yet - as I am continuing to groom the Sims I had been working on before Pets came out to become a Vet as soon as she ages up to YA and graduates - then she will move to BB. I do have on long aging and working her hard to maintain A+ grades and get all the skills she can muster. So I am also playing an established game - WITH no issues.

So it is very possible to have no issues with the new ep - seeing I have no issues and I do hope it stays this way. LOL. (Also my pc is maintained on a bi-weekly basis and kept clean as a whistle and well tweaked/up to date - not sure if that matters or not - but hubby is a stickler about maintenance on my equipment.

Well, old friend, I have a high end computer and don’t see the lag and loading issues that I mentioned in my above posts, either. I was referring to posts that I have seen elsewhere on these forums coming, most likely, from Simmers with low end computers. I have heard so many complaints in other threads about the game engine being plum, and I am simply echoing that. I know that you know more about this game engine than I do, so let me ask, do you think this game engine has any flaws that are the reason we are missing things from previous versions, such as terrain tools and other tools that have been left out? From what I see and hear, the game engine has to take some of the blame. What do you think? :)

I have a reasonable computer and have had issues with loading screens. For awhile they were close to a minute; over a minute if you count the initial loading the map. But with the last patch, I'm down to about 5 seconds on a new save. We'll see what happens as the save gets older.

The issue has been the game itself as there have been people with new gaming machines who have had the issue.

Anyway, I say YES to new worlds for sure. I would pay for another longer-night world for my vampires, for instance, provided it was larger than 5 lots. Or I would pay to have neighborhoods added to worlds if that were doable. I hate to say it, but if they were able to do that, I would probably pay $5 per neighborhood.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Yes.
    Felicity wrote: »
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Many of us have been begging EA for more worlds in the game for quite some time now. Do they hear us? Of course they do! Then, why are they not giving us more worlds like they did New Crest? After seeing people complaining about lag becoming more and more noticeable with the addition of C&D, it is becoming more obvious that the game engine is starting to show its limitations. I believe that we will start seeing and hearing more about the game loading time taking longer, load screens between worlds taking longer, and more lag becoming apparent with each new pack added to the game. All because of the plum game engine!

Ed I honestly do not have any lag or problems with Sims 4 - and love the fact they raised the bar on less culling. If there were honestly real issues do you really think they would have allowed the increases they added? If there were weaknesses in the engine the amount of culling would have gone up, not down.

As for lag and troublesome play the ones that seem to have the worse problems seems to have used a lot of moo in their lots, used CC and mods, or had pcs that played just alright before this pack and now they are having issues. The known glitches in the relationship issue were posted as well as a work around while Nick and the team find an actual solution - and I take it not everyone paid attention to what they needed to do - for now. Me as you know runs a real high end 8 core desktop that still runs the game on Ultra with no issues. I don't have a single mod, or a single piece of CC, and never used moo seeing it has had issues since mid Sims 3, and in fact did not even work in Sims 4 for quite a while. It was made to work somewhat - but it has been a troublesome cheat in Sims 3 and Sims 4 for a long time in many instances - so I just never use it. I followed Nick work a round and have no relationship issues and knock on wood - but haven't had any glitches or distortions in my game at all with the Pets ep.

To be fair - maybe there is an issue with BB as I still have not played in the new town yet - as I am continuing to groom the Sims I had been working on before Pets came out to become a Vet as soon as she ages up to YA and graduates - then she will move to BB. I do have on long aging and working her hard to maintain A+ grades and get all the skills she can muster. So I am also playing an established game - WITH no issues.

So it is very possible to have no issues with the new ep - seeing I have no issues and I do hope it stays this way. LOL. (Also my pc is maintained on a bi-weekly basis and kept clean as a whistle and well tweaked/up to date - not sure if that matters or not - but hubby is a stickler about maintenance on my equipment.

Well, old friend, I have a high end computer and don’t see the lag and loading issues that I mentioned in my above posts, either. I was referring to posts that I have seen elsewhere on these forums coming, most likely, from Simmers with low end computers. I have heard so many complaints in other threads about the game engine being plum, and I am simply echoing that. I know that you know more about this game engine than I do, so let me ask, do you think this game engine has any flaws that are the reason we are missing things from previous versions, such as terrain tools and other tools that have been left out? From what I see and hear, the game engine has to take some of the blame. What do you think? :)

I have a reasonable computer and have had issues with loading screens. For awhile they were close to a minute; over a minute if you count the initial loading the map. But with the last patch, I'm down to about 5 seconds on a new save. We'll see what happens as the save gets older.

The issue has been the game itself as there have been people with new gaming machines who have had the issue.

Anyway, I say YES to new worlds for sure. I would pay for another longer-night world for my vampires, for instance, provided it was larger than 5 lots. Or I would pay to have neighborhoods added to worlds if that were doable. I hate to say it, but if they were able to do that, I would probably pay $5 per neighborhood.

Yes - me too.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Maybe.
    Okay, OBVIUSLY I would love to have more worlds....BUT I still voted maybe n your poll (and I suspect some of the no votes were for similar reasons), BECAUSE the poll appeared after your suggestion that they outsource the creation (oh and toss in a few build/buy mode mimic items). I am not down with a third party creating a bunch of half baked worlds.

Some of the TS3 store worlds were amazing. Some of them were....lackluster, is the kindest way to phrase it.
    So far, in spite of the closed world/set dressing set up we have in TS4, I have been very impressed with the environment team. Other than the "hole" by Vlad's house fixed in the recent patch there aren't any weird world glitches with sims becoming unroutable or vanishing off the map (like in TS3), the explorable but not editable spaces are all lovely and do contain some things to do. This is especially true in some of the later worlds, like San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay. Everything is in a consistent art style, for the most part it's possible to blend your lots into the world extremely well (the one exception here is that oddly there are a bunch of plants in Windenburg that are not available to players), and all of the worlds have a good theme to them that is carried throughout.
    I would hate to see that quality slip with third party produced worlds and mimic items. There are criticisms for TS4, it ha sits own issues, just as TS3 did, but so far the environment team has done a wonderful job (leaving out the open/closed world debate, because that is a separate discussion, with the worlds as they are, regardless if you would prefer to see something different or not, they have done a wonderful job).

I do want more worlds - as others have said, a second vacation world would be nice, not just "camping" - a tropical beachey world would be wonderful, either as a vacation spot or a full fledged living space. I would even like a second "city" / urban type world, maybe an older one, less high rises and more condos? But I want them done right, and I want them to fit with the existing worlds.

I am going to critique the way you set up the poll - and it's not directed exclusively at you, I see this mistake a lot, even in professional trade journals, market research surveys and other places - when you have a generalised question preceded by an option, the context can shape the answers - and often in ways that make it hard to interpret the data and invalidates the poll. Because you asked "do you want more worlds" preceded by a suggestion of exactly HOW you in particular would like it accomplished - you may have people answering the implied (whether you meant to imply it or not) question of "would you like more worlds generated in this particular fashion", and others answering the question exactly as stated. How questions are asked, do. matter. If you ever watched the tv show "Parks and Rec" there is an episode where Andy is taking a personality assessment to be a cop, and they ask "you pull someone over for speeding, it turns out to be your father, what do you do?" And Andy's response is essentially based around freaking out that his long dead father is alive. It's a silly, if honest response, because the question didn't really ask what it was trying to ask. The intent of the question was to measure morality and how you handle conflicts of interest, but because they made the hypothetical person a SPECIFIC family member, it affected the responses in a way that obscured the information they were trying to measure. In a more real life scenario, the hazard of asking the question that way is that a person might have individual biases about a specific person, that they are unaware of or conceal because they are embarrassing, for instance what if they asked the question of someone who Disliked their own father? They might get the desired response of still writing a ticket - which makes it appear as if they would evenly enforce the law, but it doesn't actually answer the question, because maybe if it had been their mother that they love, they would have let her off. So a better way to ask that question would have been, "you pull someone over for speeding, it turns out to be a close family member, what do you do?".

Had you added a line to the end of your post that said "I Would like to show how many people are interested in more worlds to demonstrate the demand to the team, so that some kind of solution can be considered" or added a qualifier to the poll question - such as "how many people would like more worlds in general" or "how many people would like more worlds produced in a way like what I suggested" - your poll would have more meaning in terms of data produced. I see a lot of people wondering "who said no" - why would they say that - the answer is that they probably didn't interpret the context of the question the same way.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yes.
    SkyeChimes wrote: »
    Okay, OBVIUSLY I would love to have more worlds....BUT I still voted maybe n your poll (and I suspect some of the no votes were for similar reasons), BECAUSE the poll appeared after your suggestion that they outsource the creation (oh and toss in a few build/buy mode mimic items). I am not down with a third party creating a bunch of half baked worlds.

Some of the TS3 store worlds were amazing. Some of them were....lackluster, is the kindest way to phrase it.
    So far, in spite of the closed world/set dressing set up we have in TS4, I have been very impressed with the environment team. Other than the "hole" by Vlad's house fixed in the recent patch there aren't any weird world glitches with sims becoming unroutable or vanishing off the map (like in TS3), the explorable but not editable spaces are all lovely and do contain some things to do. This is especially true in some of the later worlds, like San Myshuno and Brindleton Bay. Everything is in a consistent art style, for the most part it's possible to blend your lots into the world extremely well (the one exception here is that oddly there are a bunch of plants in Windenburg that are not available to players), and all of the worlds have a good theme to them that is carried throughout.
    I would hate to see that quality slip with third party produced worlds and mimic items. There are criticisms for TS4, it ha sits own issues, just as TS3 did, but so far the environment team has done a wonderful job (leaving out the open/closed world debate, because that is a separate discussion, with the worlds as they are, regardless if you would prefer to see something different or not, they have done a wonderful job).

I do want more worlds - as others have said, a second vacation world would be nice, not just "camping" - a tropical beachey world would be wonderful, either as a vacation spot or a full fledged living space. I would even like a second "city" / urban type world, maybe an older one, less high rises and more condos? But I want them done right, and I want them to fit with the existing worlds.

I am going to critique the way you set up the poll - and it's not directed exclusively at you, I see this mistake a lot, even in professional trade journals, market research surveys and other places - when you have a generalised question preceded by an option, the context can shape the answers - and often in ways that make it hard to interpret the data and invalidates the poll. Because you asked "do you want more worlds" preceded by a suggestion of exactly HOW you in particular would like it accomplished - you may have people answering the implied (whether you meant to imply it or not) question of "would you like more worlds generated in this particular fashion", and others answering the question exactly as stated. How questions are asked, do. matter. If you ever watched the tv show "Parks and Rec" there is an episode where Andy is taking a personality assessment to be a cop, and they ask "you pull someone over for speeding, it turns out to be your father, what do you do?" And Andy's response is essentially based around freaking out that his long dead father is alive. It's a silly, if honest response, because the question didn't really ask what it was trying to ask. The intent of the question was to measure morality and how you handle conflicts of interest, but because they made the hypothetical person a SPECIFIC family member, it affected the responses in a way that obscured the information they were trying to measure. In a more real life scenario, the hazard of asking the question that way is that a person might have individual biases about a specific person, that they are unaware of or conceal because they are embarrassing, for instance what if they asked the question of someone who Disliked their own father? They might get the desired response of still writing a ticket - which makes it appear as if they would evenly enforce the law, but it doesn't actually answer the question, because maybe if it had been their mother that they love, they would have let her off. So a better way to ask that question would have been, "you pull someone over for speeding, it turns out to be a close family member, what do you do?".

Had you added a line to the end of your post that said "I Would like to show how many people are interested in more worlds to demonstrate the demand to the team, so that some kind of solution can be considered" or added a qualifier to the poll question - such as "how many people would like more worlds in general" or "how many people would like more worlds produced in a way like what I suggested" - your poll would have more meaning in terms of data produced. I see a lot of people wondering "who said no" - why would they say that - the answer is that they probably didn't interpret the context of the question the same way.

The store worlds were built by Maxis just as the Sims 3 game teams built worlds - it was not outsourced. It was just at the Salt Lake City Studio where they also had the Second EP team for the game. I actually liked store worlds better than the EP worlds in Sims 3. The Game worlds seemed to have a huge numbers of routing issues where as the store team hardly ever had routing issues in their worlds. But they all pretty much came out of the Sims 2 Maxis teams - So I don't get where outsourcing comes into this factor. Most outsourcing they do is in music, objects, and decor in the Sims games - not the worlds .

SimsGuru Smitty (Lisa Smith) was in head of the Sims store worlds team. Sims Guru Sparkle also worked on the store world team - what an amazing artist too.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    SimmerNickYTSimmerNickYT Posts: 703 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes.
    SkyeChimes wrote: »

You are right. I didn't think about how people could interpret the poll when I added my suggestion. I thought that repeating the question in the end with "So..." was clear enough for people to not take my suggestion in their choice. Everyone who votes should answer the main question of the poll, without the context. I'm going to edit my OP right now.
    Not so obsessed anymore with building in TS4!
    YouTube: https://goo.gl/PK7vxR | The Gallery: https://goo.gl/a5DZAK
    Twitter: https://goo.gl/QzQVUK | Origin-ID: SimmerNickYT
    hPtVNfA.png
  • Options
    SkyeChimesSkyeChimes Posts: 376 Member
    Maybe.
    @Writin_Reg sorry for any confusion, I was NOT saying the TS3 store worlds were outsourced. I was saying I would not want TS4 worlds to be outsourced because of potential quality inconsistencies, and since the OP brought up the store worlds as a reason we had more worlds in TS3, I was stating my opinion that some of them were amazing....and some of them were not, and that I want all the TS4 worlds to maintain the current high consistency level.

I have all of the TS3 worlds, and some of the store worlds are VASTLY superior to other store worlds, in terms of amount of content, routing, terrain textures, world scenery textures, etc. However I do agree that SOME of the store worlds ARE better than some of the TS3 EP worlds.

But so far all of TS4 worlds have been pretty consistent, consistent art style, consistent quality, etc - the biggest world complaint I can think of is the size of Magnolia promenade, but for what there is of it, it's comparable, and since that EP also included Sixam, the hospital/police setting "world" (themed as if in Magnolia Promenade but it's own scenery/background) and the science lab setting "world" (themed as if in Oasis Springs but it's own scenery/background), the size difference is understandable in my mind. I would like to see that consistency continue, and having worlds be created by the main studio able to work closely with any other team, has to be a factor in the quality/art style consistency.

@NickSims thanks for taking my wording suggestion into account - I'm kinda a data set nerd! I figured you didn't mean to link the poll to your suggestion, and if you were wondering why you might have gotten unexpected results to a survey it is almost always because someone interpreted a question in a way that wasn't intended.
  • Options
    GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,615 Member
    Yes.
    This game needs as many worlds as possible.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • Options
    gummybear0724gummybear0724 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Maybe.
    I voted maybe. I stand completely confident in my decision. Just building lots is hard work when you've built for hours and hours. I bulldozed all of the lots except for four. I now give Maxis so much credit for all of this work. I can't imagine the time spent on one world alone.
  • Options
    abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes.
    I want in the game other vacation worlds and... witches! YEAH! <3
  • Options
    abenaki1972abenaki1972 Posts: 46 Member
    Yes.
    Yes, i want other worlds in The Sims 4!
  • Options
    paradiseplanetparadiseplanet Posts: 4,421 Member
    Yes.
    Tbh you really need more than one Newcrest-type world so I can shove more buildings somewhere where the other worlds don't give you enough room to build/place the ones you want. I also don't count Magnolia Promenade as an adequate world either; sometimes I scarcely remember it being there since I haven't really played with retail. Forgotten Hollow barely makes the mark for a sufficient enough world either, though it's aspect as a "very small village" certainly hits the mark. I do love to live there though.
    Origin ID: paradiseplanet27
    tumblr_ojq4r339Ni1usy5rpo1_100.png
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    No.
    If it was up to me we would see no new worlds just a CAW tool added and new decoration/backdrops options added with each expansion I hate all the worlds we have more worlds with forced styles themes and names wont change this.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    Hintomint82Hintomint82 Posts: 462 Member
    Yes.
    At this point, I would buy a pack that was nothing but new worlds, especially empty ones. I have a lot of houses I like from the Community, but I quickly run out of places to put them. Not to mention, I like to build my own houses from time to time.

I really wish they would recreate the classic Sims 1 maps. It's fairly easy to recreate the lots from those maps, and I would love to have neighborhoods to stick them in that would match the general layout. This is sort of what I miss about TS2/TS3. You had so much more freedom to create a world, and I love creating classic Sims buildings for the more modern games.
  • Options
    MintiSimbleMintiSimble Posts: 20 Member
    Yes.
    I can somewhat understand that some people might not like the addition of new worlds, but I personally think that the world designs are getting better. (Ex. San Myshuno, Brindleton Bay)
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    Yes.
    Yes

I love how they did the worlds in this game, but as a multi-family player I always need more room. I would pay $10 for world pack if they started making those. And yes, we need more vacation locations.

Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    Yes.
    I would love more space to create houses and community lots. With the Sims 2 I never found I needed more space, we were given "templates" to make our own world and name it. I find the Sims 4 very restrictive compared. I liked the Sims 3 and it had much to offer but personally I found the open neighbourhood too demanding on me playing. I am not a young person and found the zooming in and out to do so many things restrictive on my health. although it was awesome. I do prefer the Sims 4 although some lots I find too big. I much prefer how we had it in the Sims 2, one lot to play and our neighbourhoods to develop
  • Options
    PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    edited November 2017
    Yes.
    [quote="
    Well, old friend, I have a high end computer and don’t see the lag and loading issues that I mentioned in my above posts, either.

So glad you have a high end computer to play. I am still on a Win 7 computer. I do find some lag in the game especially when asking Sims to do something. Not all of us can afford new computers to play on and I am often quite sad that many games I used to love to play can no longer be played on the newer technology that also being the Sims 2! It does not want to play nicely on my Win 7!

We can watch old films on TV and listen to older music, they update it with newer technology or update with a newer version but with the same story. But when it comes to PC games they are often forgotten and left for dead. It is a great shame.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    Yes.
    [quote="
    Well, old friend, I have a high end computer and don’t see the lag and loading issues that I mentioned in my above posts, either.

So glad you have a high end computer to play. I am still on a Win 7 computer. I do find some lag in the game especially when asking Sims to do something. Not all of us can afford new computers to play on and I am often quite sad that many games I used to love to play can no longer be played on the newer technology that also being the Sims 2! It does not want to play nicely on my Win 7!

We can watch old films on TV and listen to older music, they update it with newer technology or update with a newer version but with the same story. But when it comes to PC games they are often forgotten and left for dead. It is a great shame.

Well there are ways to make newer pcs play older games and even some studios have made it possible to use some older games - you need to look into it and search. Sims 2 though does work on Windows 7 as well as windows 10. I have always played Sims 2 as well as Sims 3 and 4. I could play Sims 1 if I still had it - I kept the Original Base of Sims 1 but I don't use it seeing it was a gift from Will Wright. LOL. I rebought it for playing on and then gave all of my Sims 1 to a younger family member years ago. Maybe one day I will rebuy it - but I will never play my "Gift" or even open the package. Like seeing "Thank you - Will Wright" and reminiscence. LOL.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Options
    Greenyoshi6Greenyoshi6 Posts: 10 New Member
    Yes.
    I find myself running out of lots way to quickly and I always have to come up with ways to add in new lots and deciding which lots to demolish. Not only that, but Outdoor Retreat could be a lot better if only it had 3 or even 4 destinations like in TS3 World Adventures. (which was a great pack in my opinion.)
  • Options
    TaliferinaTaliferina Posts: 46 Member
    Maybe.
    I had to go maybe. We have a good selection of main worlds right now so I don't really want to see more of those. However, I'd love to see more vacation worlds. That's one thing I loved about TS3, is the various places to go on vacation too, and the various things you could do. The dungeons with the traps, or things you could only buy in those worlds.

I'm not even going to lie, I enjoyed a lot of the rabbit holes too. Sort of miss those.

Another thing I'd lobby for is no more worlds with 4-5 plots in them. (I'm looking at you Forgotten Hollow and Magnolia Promenade!)

But other than that, I think we're good on worlds!
    0sCPiZh.png