Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

In the next patch, culling will be a thing of the past! (If you so desire)

http://simscommunity.info/2017/10/30/the-sims-4-sim-cap-limit-feature-coming-with-upcoming-update/

Check this news from SimsCommunity! The next patch will introduce a feature where you can set the max amount of sims allowed before culling happens, and one of the options is unlimited sims, in other words, culling will never happen!

A SimGuru also said the next patch will come with lots of bug fixes for major bugs, here are some!

http://simscommunity.info/2017/10/30/the-sims-4-plenty-of-bug-fixes-coming/

I hope ya'll are happy about this!

Comments

• Options
    PrincessVeePrincessVee Posts: 1,787 Member
    I'm super excited about this.
    Also, even if you choose to keep the culling turned on, you can choose your favorite households to be exempt from it.
    Intel i7-6700HQ; nvidia gtx970m 3 gb; 1tb HHD and 256gb SSD; my drivers are always up to date.

• Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I'm super excited about this.
    Also, even if you choose to keep the culling turned on, you can choose your favorite households to be exempt from it.

Yeah, I forgot to mention that! And they increased the default to 200 from 180. This way you can keep performance good but still have your family trees and sims from all your households intact!
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    Oh my god, YES!! I LOVE it! This is great news. Both for the new culling feature and the bug fixes that are coming. There are several homeless households that have Sims that are important for my stories and I have the noculling mod but would be good to be able to get rid of it.

Now if only they would end the killing spree of social services :flushed:
  • Options
    ClassicalSimClassicalSim Posts: 1,535 Member
    I wonder if setting the limit to 50 sims/pets would help with some of the lagging issues or loading screen times.

Also, since the Cats and Dogs EP is going to increase the minimum computer specs requirement, I wonder if a cap of 50 sims/pets would allow people with less powerful computers to be able to play it.
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    edited October 2017
    [quote="Stina1701A;c-16117723"]Oh my god, YES!! I LOVE it! This is great news. Both for the new culling feature and the bug fixes that are coming. There are several homeless households that have Sims that are important for my stories and I have the noculling mod but would be good to be able to get rid of it.

Now if only they would end the killing spree of social services :flushed: [/quote]

You can use the MC Command Center too pretend that. Neglected Children; Toddler and Babys can be adopted in other households with this mod. I hope Deaderpool will update his Mod for the new EP too letting neglected pets getting adopted by other households too.
    Post edited by Madachan88 on
  • Options
    poeticnebulapoeticnebula Posts: 3,912 Member
    I was just looking for a thread like this! I'm very happy with the new features we're getting in the patch!
    Origin ID: ForgottenAmber
    Twitch: ForgottenAmber
    Discord: ForgottenAmber

31710852153_4c3c66dea7.jpg

#BobSquad
    #BobSquadForever

Friend of Liam
  • Options
    SophiaBlissSophiaBliss Posts: 51 Member
    I'm a little new here could you please explain what this means a little more?
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited October 2017
    This is great news. I'll take advantage of picking the households I don't want culled but will probably leave general culling in place. I'm assuming the caps are for overall sim population and not just the pets. I wonder if picking the lower ends 50, or 100 will make your game load faster?
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    Stina1701AStina1701A Posts: 1,184 Member
    I'm a little new here could you please explain what this means a little more?

As you progress in a saved game, the game generates several townies into the game to both interract with your sims and do jobs that is needed like, employees in several venues, in foodstalls, in services, as trainers in gym and other places when needed. Even as co-workers. As you play longer those Sims can keep spawning along with your own Sims as their family get bigger and such.

The game as it is now, has a limit on how many Sims you can have in each gameplay. When that roof is capped the game starts culling Sims. Those Sims can be townies, both homeless and living in residences but also your own Sims.

This is a problem as the game can be ruthless and culls just willy-nilly wherever and you could loose a sim you care about or is important for your storyline.

Hence, the need for a nocull mod.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Yay unlimited option. <3
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    agustdagustd Posts: 946 Member
    Finally some good news! That's AMAZING. I'm especially curious about the bug fixes but it's awesome that people who can't/don't want to use mods will no longer struggle with culling.
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Yeah, I'm glad they added this option. :) I won't need the no culling mod anymore.

I was mostly concerned with relationship culling and culling dead sims, though. I hope nothing bad will happen regarding those.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited October 2017
    Sorry I'm French so I don't understand all, but it mean that it's story progression like in TS3?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    Sorry I'm French so I don't understand all, but it mean that it's story progression like in TS3?

Well, to summarize it, culling is when the game deletes sims so that there aren't too many in a save file.
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • Options
    MDianaSimsMDianaSims Posts: 4,177 Member
    Well, 50 is like super low. Considering the amount of premades in the game right now, if you have the packs that added occupied worlds, is 66 (that doesn't even included Brindleton Bay). If you have just the basegame, you'll have 26 Sims, so I guess 50 would be workable in that scenario.
    Anyway, I think I'll opt for unlimited :)
    Gallery ID: MDianaSims | Simblr
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Okay thank's !
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I just posted this in a new message. didn't realize there was another thread, my bad. but i had a few questions.

I'm assuming if we put 200 sims max, then if someone opens a restaurant, they can use the already existing sims.
    No random looking sims walking around.
    Will babies and ghosts count?
    Does this mean the raccoon and love guru, etc, will be sims that I already have?
    Can I edit the sims in CAS and not have to worry about them being fired from restaurant?
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    So does the 50 limit include Played Sims as well or is that only the number for Unplayed Sims?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    imhappy wrote: »
    I just posted this in a new message. didn't realize there was another thread, my bad. but i had a few questions.

I'm assuming if we put 200 sims max, then if someone opens a restaurant, they can use the already existing sims.
    Does this mean the raccoon and love guru, etc, will be sims that I already have?
    Can I edit the sims in CAS and not have to worry about them being fired from restaurant?

I think they'll keep their "jobs" as long as you don't make them part of a played household. I frequently see members of the BFFs show up as workers in one of my restaurants, and they'll keep the jobs even if I edit them in Manage Households. If you add a new restaurant or other venue the game will pull from the pool of unemployed Sims already in game before generating a new one AFAIK. If you're running on unlimited Sims you can go into Manage Households and delete households that don't appeal to your aesthetics -- before I installed MC Command Center my game was generating a lot of single elder Sim households, so I'd have to delete those manually.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Sometime restaurants use existing sims, sometimes they generate new ones or use homeless sims. Yes NPC, babies, and ghosts are apart of that count. Pets are apart of that count too, so the more packs you have the more risk you'll have Sims culled in the game.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member

As I said in the other thread, unless you set it to unlimited culling works the same, just happens quicker and more ferociously the lower the limit is. And in the next patch the ugly townie outfits are supposed to be fixed.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I'm excited for the no culling option yay!
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

Sometime restaurants use existing sims, sometimes they generate new ones or use homeless sims. Yes NPC, babies, and ghosts are apart of that count. Pets are apart of that count too, so the more packs you have the more risk you'll have Sims culled in the game.

We should figure out how many NPCs there are. I think Mimsy and Bernard, Raccoon costume guy, Love Guru, Tragic Clown and Living Statue. So we should designate 6 slots to NPCs?
  • Options
    Scobre wrote: »

So if I fill the game with 200 sims/pets, I won't have random pets roaming around inside my bars and lounges?
  • Options
    Madachan88Madachan88 Posts: 360 Member
    Argh why I did almost forgetting a word in my posts. :( Good that I change them now.