Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Am I the only one who's starting to get the feeling...

1235...Next

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    The last thing I bought for TS4 was the Vampire pack. (Before that I can't even remember.) I was hoping it would bring more excitement into the game for me. I thought the new aspects the pack brought to CAS were really great but then I found out the CAS was still the best part of the game. I didn't think it did much for game play. So far I have no reason to think any future packs will be different.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    ShadowmarkedShadowmarked Posts: 1,054 Member
    The last thing I bought for TS4 was the Vampire pack. (Before that I can't even remember.) I was hoping it would bring more excitement into the game for me. I thought the new aspects the pack brought to CAS were really great but then I found out the CAS was still the best part of the game. I didn't think it did much for game play. So far I have no reason to think any future packs will be different.

We're the same. :)
    Although I did enjoy vampires, but then in every sims game I have always enjoyed vampires and pretty much exclusively played with them, so I am biased.
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    edited October 2017

The vampires are the best, they are the best version we have ever had. :smiley: so glad that pack is coming to console too!
  • Options
    SuucherriesSuucherries Posts: 118 Member
    Any new opinions after the live stream?
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    The vet career looks cool. So far, it seems to be a combination of the bests parts of all the active careers so far. Add to that, there can be more than one doctor.

I got a little bored with the stream this time. I sort of tuned out toward the end. (I wish that the gurus from the last stream had made a return. They were very entertaining and their excitement was infectious. :) ) However, was it possible to have a vet clinic at home? Will customers come to the house? If so, fantastic. I've been longing for a genuine home-based business.

The pet beds are glorified rugs. Brindleton Bay is okay. It's smaller than expected, but I reserve judgement for when I actually have Sims with 'boots on the ground', so to speak.

As far as the pets, I still haven't seen anything new that gets me excited. The idea of agility training objects is cool. Yet, without competitions, what's the point of having a pet that has mastered the skill? Do they earn money in some manner, perhaps? I don't know. Perhaps, as in real life, the training is good for high-energy dogs that need challenge and more focus. It would be a great means of helping to calm and mature a dog that would otherwise be buck wild. That would give the agility training purpose and a legitimate reason for doing it again after seeing it all the first time. I'd be behind that one hundred percent.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    edited October 2017
    Hmm.. I like the vet career from what I've seen it looks like it has good gameplay?? I haven't really seen anything with the pets so far yet so I'll have to update when I do, lol. I wish we had pet competitions because the agility objects look out of place?? I feel like they could've scrapped the vet career and just gave us pet competitions instead but that's just me. about to watch the livestream with brindleton bay so i can see how it looks inside. the pet beds are diff just boring rugs but i like the size of them from what i saw in the catalog but i wanna see how they look in live mode.

edit: I thought there was a livestream showcasing brindleton bay? guess not lol.
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    The Brindleton Bay stream will come on next Thursday. First stream was CAP, after that we got the Vet livestream last Thursday and next Thursday it's more life gameplay and more is shown from BB.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    Jean wrote: »
    The Brindleton Bay stream will come on next Thursday. First stream was CAP, after that we got the Vet livestream last Thursday and next Thursday it's more life gameplay and more is shown from BB.

ooh I see :) thank you @Jean
  • Options
    aricaraiaricarai Posts: 8,984 Member
    Cynna wrote: »
    The vet career looks cool. So far, it seems to be a combination of the bests parts of all the active careers so far. Add to that, there can be more than one doctor.

I got a little bored with the stream this time. I sort of tuned out toward the end. (I wish that the gurus from the last stream had made a return. They were very entertaining and their excitement was infectious. :) ) However, was it possible to have a vet clinic at home? Will customers come to the house? If so, fantastic. I've been longing for a genuine home-based business.

The pet beds are glorified rugs. Brindleton Bay is okay. It's smaller than expected, but I reserve judgement for when I actually have Sims with 'boots on the ground', so to speak.

As far as the pets, I still haven't seen anything new that gets me excited. The idea of agility training objects is cool. Yet, without competitions, what's the point of having a pet that has mastered the skill? Do they earn money in some manner, perhaps? I don't know. Perhaps, as in real life, the training is good for high-energy dogs that need challenge and more focus. It would be a great means of helping to calm and mature a dog that would otherwise be buck wild. That would give the agility training purpose and a legitimate reason for doing it again after seeing it all the first time. I'd be behind that one hundred percent.

@Cynna - You can treat your own pets at home, customers will only go to the clinic.

And I totally agree with you about the gurus that did the livestream for CAP - it was very entertaining!
  • Options
    CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    aricarai wrote: »

@Cynna - You can treat your own pets at home, customers will only go to the clinic.

And I totally agree with you about the gurus that did the livestream for CAP - it was very entertaining!

Ah, thank you for the clarification, I didn't feel like watching it again right now. :)

Yes, the guys who did that live stream were a hoot. It was a nice combination of personalities, all a little off kilter. In a great way. :smiley:

I3Ml5Om.jpg