Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Synchronize Stereos Option

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    Quess_is_BakedQuess_is_Baked Posts: 129 Member
    I like this idea, a lot. I also wish you could synchronize speakers with DJ booths. It's silly that you can take over TV's but can't get speakers to play as well.
  • Options
    Simmy50005Simmy50005 Posts: 3 New Member
    Yes! I generally like to keep my stereos to the Pop station (mainly cos I put custom music there) but often I have two stereos running two different tracks (same station or not) because my Sims just autonomously turn them on e.g. while playing on the computer in that room. If I could have the option to sync stereos (or have secondary speakers for a main stereo system), that would be awesome!
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Yes, please. Or make those sound boxes that do the same effect. I want my soundtrack all over the place !
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    With the new Garden stuff they brought a new speaker BUT still NO way to sync our music :(
    I sure hope that this NEEDFUL feature (like in Sims 2) will be implemented soon.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• Options
    MarleyTheWizardMarleyTheWizard Posts: 962 Member
    I'm glad that they don't always turn them off, I also like to listen to them, but yes I wish they could be synced
    I Sometimes Tweet About The Sims 4
    Gallery ID: MarleyTheWizard
  • Options
    NZsimm3rNZsimm3r Posts: 9,265 Member
    Marley V wrote: »
    I'm glad that they don't always turn them off, I also like to listen to them, but yes I wish they could be synced

Yeah, I don't want my sims auto turning the stereos off as I want to listen to the music... but I want the directionality to just go away. I hate having to have the camera facing the speakers to hear the music properly, what the heck? I want to hear the music... you know, a real life person... not a pixel.
    I'm a girl who likes to play with boys, what can I say... o:)

“Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.”Will Wright.
  • Options
    RangerVegasRangerVegas Posts: 3 New Member
    I will add another YESSSSSSS vote to this discussion. stereos, separate speakers, and DJ Booths all need to have the ability to sync with each other so you can have the same music all over your house if you want.
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    12-13-16_10-45-29AM_zpskkfkob2z.png

just added all my "CHRISTMAS" music to Maxis winter holiday folder. :( (yeah... evil me, i aint scared)
    I added speakers to the whole house for Santa and da wifey, and ended up with 12 different songs. -sigh
  • Options
    MiSFiT203MiSFiT203 Posts: 278 Member
    YES. Is there maybe a cheat that enables it in the meantime?
    Edit: I have found a solution, although it is not ideal. If you use the venue speakers, which come as Pop venue speakers, Blues venue speakers etc. all speakers of the same genre type will play in sync. Anytime you want to play another genre you will need to replace the speakers with the speakers of the desired genre. Hope this helps! Hopefully the devs will add a proper solution at some point :)

Just tried using this workaround using holiday speakers in house. didnt work, they acted as regular speakers, had to select stations and wouldnt sync. :/

• Options
    SkywardAngelEyesSkywardAngelEyes Posts: 1 New Member
    You say it was possible in sims 3? Can someone tell me how? (yes i know i'm posting on an old board) This is my first time ever playing Sims, so ... I see all sorts of audio systems, but i don't see the secondary speakers or an option to sync the stereos.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,333 Member
    edited August 2017
    @SkywardAngelEyes

If I remember it's by adding residential speakers after upgrading a stereo : 'Wire House With Speakers'
  • Options
    YellebYelleb Posts: 156 Member
    KevWalker wrote: »
    In Sims 3 there was a speaker you could buy which played whatever your main stereo was playing. Also there was an upgrade available with some units to "wire house with speakers" - I never used it personally, my sims prefer to do "number 2" in peace and quiet! :o

This! I want this!
  • Options
    ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Yelleb wrote: »
    KevWalker wrote: »
    In Sims 3 there was a speaker you could buy which played whatever your main stereo was playing. Also there was an upgrade available with some units to "wire house with speakers" - I never used it personally, my sims prefer to do "number 2" in peace and quiet! :o

This! I want this!

Same.

You can hook up a video game console to multiple screens tho'
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    In Sims 2 we had perfect speakers, and no matter how many you added, they would ALL play music in sync. Why not in Sims 4? :/
    Post edited by LuvMySimz on

• Options
    SihuSihu Posts: 73 Member
    So this is still not possible ? :( I love listening to sims 4 music but then I have to stay on the corner of the room while my sims do other stuff to enjoy it >< :(
    It's cool to give us nice music but it would be even better if we could listen to it at different places of the house.
  • Options
    Sihu wrote: »
    So this is still not possible ? :( I love listening to sims 4 music but then I have to stay on the corner of the room while my sims do other stuff to enjoy it >< :(
    It's cool to give us nice music but it would be even better if we could listen to it at different places of the house.

YES it would be nice to play music in sync with a right speaker, but nope, it's still not possible. :/

• Options
    milkie60milkie60 Posts: 2 New Member
    If you haven't got it already, try Community Speaker for Residential from Mod the sims. It works for me. It would be even better if you could sync to DJ Booth and let your DJ play your own mixes. Sorry, I can't post the link at the moment.
  • Options
    kingboulevardkingboulevard Posts: 2 New Member
    > @milkie60 said:
    > If you haven't got it already, try Community Speaker for Residential from Mod the sims. It works for me. It would be even better if you could sync to DJ Booth and let your DJ play your own mixes. Sorry, I can't post the link at the moment.
    >

Bless you! Didn't know this existed and was tired of hearing the music from the other room!
  • Options
    mommy19959699mommy19959699 Posts: 226 Member
    I was really surprised when the speaker in game acted as a radio, was also really disappointed. We need wall speakers back and I like the upgrade idea mentioned from ts3. My families get ONE radio lol and it never goes in a room that has a TV :p
  • Options
    GypsyMermaidGypsyMermaid Posts: 2 New Member
    Just here in 2019 to say this still doesn’t seem to be a thing...unless there are options in an expansion I don’t have yet...
  • Options
    jas12345jas12345 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I know im 5 years late on this but there is something you can do to get a similar result; go to settings, game play, then music on a genre have only one song selected, go back into the game pause it and on all speakers play the genre you edited,, this will allow only one song to play but it does keep the music all the same!
  • Options
    jas12345 wrote: »
    Hi, I know im 5 years late on this but there is something you can do to get a similar result; go to settings, game play, then music on a genre have only one song selected, go back into the game pause it and on all speakers play the genre you edited,, this will allow only one song to play but it does keep the music all the same!

Not in sync though. I understand that you are trying to help, but even if this would work, who wants listening to just one song all day?

I think it‘s really about time that EA/MAXIS give us some correct speakers that can synchronize our music in every room just like in Sims 2.