Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims Editing: Skin Smoothing, Hair Drawing, etc.

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JaLiBoJaLiBo Posts: 547 Member

Here's a bulk post on hair guys, if needed + some hair palettes as well. Some of these I have used as reference myself, plus some I happened upon, that looked helpful! Sorry in advance for the large pictures!

Tut's:
    tumblr_net0itSzcV1r91cv3o1_540.png
    coloring_hair_in_photoshop_by_mree.jpg
    tumblr_mywjwqInU21qmji1ao2_500.png

Hair Palettes:
    tumblr_net0itSzcV1r91cv3o7_540.png
    tumblr_net0itSzcV1r91cv3o5_400.png
    tumblr_net0itSzcV1r91cv3o6_1280.png
    tumblr_net0itSzcV1r91cv3o2_1280.png
    tumblr_net0itSzcV1r91cv3o3_1280.png
    tumblr_net0itSzcV1r91cv3o4_1280.png
  • Options
    JoeJoe11JoeJoe11 Posts: 1,406 Member
    @JoeJoe11 Hello! *waves* Hows it going? :)

It's going great! I'm no longer editing as moved out and couldn't take pc but still lurk! Excited to see your new edits soon!
    c0Ixg8O.png
  • Options
    jilliebee22jilliebee22 Posts: 2,223 Member
    @GreenLover331 I have all of those Hair pallets saved on my computer bahah!

@JoeJoe11 - Awe! You were so great, but I'm glad you're still here! Thanks! Me too haha I get my new computer today, so I expect to get sims4 on my computer this weekend and of course go on a dling streak.
    ❤Come say Hi to me on Twitter
    ♔ download my sims 4 poses on my tumblr account
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    @GreenLover331 I have all of those Hair pallets saved on my computer bahah.
    Its the holy grail of palettes!
  • Options
    _FUN FACT_

Bri is Top Row, Pallet 1
    egv0lQ.png
    +click+
    Meredith is Second Row, Pallet 1
    48ip.png
    +click+
    And Camille is Last Row, Pallet 2
    OkyG1s.png
    +click+

BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    Doctor_VikterDoctor_Vikter Posts: 247 Member
    Here I am late to the party again...rip me :lol:.

@Doctor_Vikter - That was me for the brush set in tutorial! lol but yes, I fell in love the moment I got my hands on it. And don't you worry. I am the exact same when it comes to tutorials, I am THE worst. Just ask @GreenLover331 on how great I am at explaining bahaha!

EDIT:

Here's a link to some facial hair brushes!
    https://rachaelraie.deviantart.com/art/FREE-HIGH-RES-Hair-Vol-1-FACE-Brushes-343915544
    https://castrochew.deviantart.com/art/Skin-and-Hair-Texture-Brushes-256198997

They are not stamps, but they're really good for drawing eyeslashes, and them stubble, and eyebrows!

@jilliebee22 Aye it makes finding the brushes used with an edit or whichever 10000 times easier :dizzy:. Can't tell you how many times I had to go hunting for brushes just for drawing. Would watch tutorials on how to do something but not much guidance on brush settings -_-. Either way though! I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggles with explanations. I also get very nervous I made something too confusing or too vague. Also thanks for posting facial hair brushes, can finally maybe help when I work with characters that have it!

Those edits look lovely, though! Def need to grab those pallets that @GreenLover331 posted above. Will come in handy for future endeavors :star:

sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    ||Steam || Origin: Z0mbie_Cakez ||Art Blog ||
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    @Doctor_Vikter

Hah! I feel like I over complicate things because I want all the information I have inside out there, but I think sometimes it's too much info. Instead of being informative I become rambling. And sometimes those "TL;DR' type of tutorials haha And thank yah ;)

Also, Love <3 your avi! I was totally thinking about doing a matching avi & sig set that look a part of the forum.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    @Doctor_Vikter

Hah! I feel like I over complicate things because I want all the information I have inside out there, but I think sometimes it's too much info. Instead of being informative I become rambling. And sometimes those "TL;DR' type of tutorials haha And thank yah ;)

Also, Love <3 your avi! I was totally thinking about doing a matching avi & sig set that look a part of the forum.

@jilliebee22 It's honestly super tough putting tutorials together @.@ That's probably why it took me 300 years to do the one the other day. Either you feel you give too much or too little, especially with still images in the mix and no footage. I always worry I ramble too much or skip around so I totally feel your pain :sweat:
    But you're most welcome!

And thanks! I was trying to figure out what to do for the longest time to kind of get a theme going between the avi and sig haha! You should, though! They're tons of fun :smiley:
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    @Doctor_Vikter Haha Right? When I was on Unbound (before I got banned, for ridic reasons), I had a thread of tutorials, and peoples wish lists. Lol Let's just say, the tutorials got out dated in my methods & the wishlist got longer haha! :smiley:
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    @jilliebee22 Oh my gosh what a pain! So sorry that happened to you especially after you put all that work and effort into making tutorials for people....At least you could make some updated tutorials/wishlist on here, hopefully!

Just a super random idea, too, but wonder if a master thread could be made at some point with a list of editing tutorials and resources if that might be of any help? Unless one exists then just ignore this :lol:
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    @Doctor_Vikter - Yeah, I know. I really wish I could get those back. I mean I do have the images.. I think I just couldn't find one of them. So I could always do it again.

And hmm, I don't know if there is one here.. we did have one already in the Sims 3 area.. but a lot of those tutorials seemed to have been deleted, as I tried to find one for someone yesterday.
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    @jilliebee22
    Whenever you do have the time of course! You could re-make the one image that's missing if it's not too crazy for you but it still stinks you lost all of that effort because of something silly. But one door closes so another can open I do suppose

Ah yes that's true I forget about things being removed over time so the list might eventually become a ghost town especially once the new installment of The Sims comes out after 4 is finished. I think there is probably one on Tumblr, too, as I know a lot of folks on there create some great resourceful master posts
    sK2U2Wr.png
    Art by Pirate-Cashoo
    Editing Tutorial
    SimblrTwitter
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    @jilliebee22 Sure thing! I'm a bit busy but will send the question later, when I can. xD

And the tutorials are still there, just that the links are dead since they are linking to the S3 forum. I've been tracking them down and have a started list to add them to a new tutorial/resource thread, but it's incomplete. However, thanks to Photobucket with their new stupid policy, I imagine several of those tutorials are useless now, even if we do find them. :( (In case you didn't see/hear, Photobucket requires you to pay an excessive amount now to publish photos on the web. RIP history.) I do know several at least used Flickr, etc. but last time I checked a few, several of their pictures were also missing, making following them difficult. I'll have to double check everything once I can get back to it!

I saw that you were trying to link Harry's tutorial with the pen tool (think I linked it before for them as well xD), here: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/402255/a-new-hair-tutorial-by-harrywashere/p1
    And which photo are you looking for?

@Doctor_Vikter Saw it! Thank you! It's very useful, I didn't know we could use blending options to achieve highlights/brightness like that, I've just been using color dodge and....forgot the other one (haven't edited in a while with lights), to get bright highlights. xD

And like Jillie said we did have one for S3, but ever since the migration to this forum, the links are now dead. I started tracking them down a while ago to add them to my own tutorial/resource thread, but had to put it on hold since I have so many projects going at once.

@GreenLover331 Thanks for the tutorials and hair palettes! I had the first palettes saved already from ages ago when lurking the Before and After thread. xD Looove the first one! Haven't tried unnatural hair colors though.
  • Options
    @Doctor_Vikter Normally I was really smart and would have all the writing out on a notepad document, saved in the folder with all the pictures, but I just didn't bother with it. Of course the time I wouldn't be able to get it back!

@MizoreYukii - Yup! Whenever you have the time :)

You found it!! Yay. Well, that's good then! I didn't even think that the url would have just been the issue. I just assumed after a certain time has passed that threads would be deleted. Ahh, I've always been an imageshack girl. Pay $20/year when uploading, but don't have to pay a thing to have my pictures stay in the interwebs forever if I don't keep up the subscription.

& it's called Burn tool ;) haha
    BeeSims-Discord.png
  • Options
    Maybe we should start another editing thread that is pinned to the top of this forum, like over on TS3 side of S&M...?
  • Options
    MizoreYukiiMizoreYukii Posts: 6,566 Member
    edited September 2017
    @GreenLover331 In the process of making one, but had to step back since I've been busy. xD Although, I don't think they'll pin it. A lot of the nice mods have disappeared and this section is generally ignored. @-@ I'll try asking SimGuruDrake when I finish though.

Edit: I can get it up once I'm done with my current project. ^-^

@jilliebee22 Kk, sent the tutorial off!

We almost had a scare actually, where the tutorials were deleted for a short while! After the move, the Sims 3 section remained labeled as "Sims", so people assumed it was a generic section for all games, so both games were mixing (which ruffled a lot of feathers). After much complaining, etc. SimGuruDrake finally fixed the forums and separated them properly, but the sections for Sims 3 were "deleted" and everything was gone for about half a day. She brought them back though, thankfully. But boy did people freak out, including me. xD

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top