Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the caterer work at all?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JENNTNJENNTN Posts: 38 Member
    Yup, if you pay attention, when the party starts, the caterer will head straight to the kitchen to begin cooking, and all the guests will head straight to the kitchen to find food. If the caterer's way is blocked a couple of times, they give up. I put all my foods in the refrigerator onto the dining room table so that corrals everyone but the caterer in there.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    I have had to figure out a workaround for a birthday party...The caterer won't bake a birthday cake, so I have my Sim bake her own cake and put it in inventory to keep the family from scarfing it up ahead of time. I have noticed that you have to tell the caterer what to prepare before they will start cooking. Are we remembering to specify the menu?
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    JENNTNJENNTN Posts: 38 Member
    [quote="Naydi;12994046"]I have had to figure out a workaround for a birthday party...The caterer won't bake a birthday cake, so I have my Sim bake her own cake and put it in inventory to keep the family from scarfing it up ahead of time. I have noticed that you have to tell the caterer [i]what[/i] to prepare before they will start cooking. Are we remembering to specify the menu?[/quote]

That's odd, maybe caterer's are really random? I've never had to tell them what to make. On fact, during one birthday party, a particularly zealous caterer made the birthday cake plus party size portions of caprese salad, mac n cheese, grilled cheese, and chilli. Then she started cleaning up after everyone. I hire her every go now.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Naydi wrote: »
    I have had to figure out a workaround for a birthday party...The caterer won't bake a birthday cake, so I have my Sim bake her own cake and put it in inventory to keep the family from scarfing it up ahead of time. I have noticed that you have to tell the caterer what to prepare before they will start cooking. Are we remembering to specify the menu?

How do you specify a menu?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    They sometimes do and sometimes don't. I think it depends if they distracted or not. I don't usually like the food they make, like hamburger cake. Ewe. Lol.

So I make food first and then call up the party.
  • Options
    NaydiNaydi Posts: 387 Member
    Aine wrote: »

I just direct the caterer (who is normally one of my Sims) to cook fish tacos and she/he does. Except for cake.
    This I do for the fun of it.
    • My Sims 4 Blog with Custom Content and Commentary is at Celynoir
    • Get my Custom Content at The Sims 4 Noir and Mod the Sims.
    • More downloads, houses and Sims, are available in the Gallery, under Naydi33.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    edited November 2014
    Aine wrote: »

I just direct the caterer (who is normally one of my Sims) to cook fish tacos and she/he does. Except for cake.

Ah, I usually use a caterer that is not one of my sims, although the bride usually has to do the wedding cake at weddings. lol
    Wouldn't it be great if we could specify the menu when we set up the wedding?
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    I've never had a problem with the caterers, until the first time I decided to have a party with the goals disabled. Don't know if it's related, but that was the only time they didn't cook. They just socialized and partied like a regular guest. I also noticed she didn't have the "Caterer" label over her head.

How do you disable the goals. I didn't know you could do that.

I have found if you remove all food from the fridge and put it in the sims personal inventory the caterers will do their jobs majority of the time. And don't put any food out on the counters until the caterer and mixologist do their jobs. Guest will get in the way of the caterer and mixologist if their is food out on the counters.

Good point. I had forgotten about the party where my Sim was doing the cooking and guests kept running to the refrigerator for leftovers. The next party, when I hired a caterer, I cleaned out the refrig before everyone came over.
  • Options
    RhiannonsGalaxyRhiannonsGalaxy Posts: 1 New Member
    Zolt65 wrote: »
    I've tried FIVE different parties and the caterer each time doesn't cook a thing!

Clicking on the sim doesn't do anything.
    Clicking on the stove doesn't do anything.
    Clicking on the fridge doesn't do anything.

Has anyone had a successful catering experience?

My caterer never even turns up! what do i do??
  • Options
    quainttreasurequainttreasure Posts: 2 New Member
    HEY, EA, ITS THREE YEARS SINCE THIS THREAD AND THIS BASIC PROGRAMMING ERROR IS STILL AN ISSUE.
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Yeah, I've never had the caterer do anything from day one to be honest. They mostly just stand around and drink and dance with guests and my sim host has to cook dinner.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    Is it?... I never had a problem with the catering system...
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    LATELY, like, maybe 2 months ago? I started noticing my caterers weren't doing anything until about an hour until the party is over, then they start cooking and maybe finish one cake if im lucky.
  • Options
    DivieOwlDivieOwl Posts: 1,161 Member
    I don't have too much issue with caterers. Sometimes I get a slow starter. They'll come in, stand at the stove, and wait, as if to say they hate their job, but they all start cooking and don't stop. Since I can't drag their food to the fridge, I always have to have a free sim on stand by to put away the food after 2 or e dishes are done. Otherwise we'd run out of counter space.
  • Options
    tigertom58tigertom58 Posts: 1 New Member
    you have to have a fridge,stove and counterspace then they will cook
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    tigertom58 wrote: »
    you have to have a fridge,stove and counterspace then they will cook

Nah still lazy acting like they’re a guest while the REAL guests are starving.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Thanks for your input all.

However, as this thread has now been necrod twice I am closing it.

Thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top