Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    Hello all, I am sorry for the long silence... Earlier I worked a lot, later I had vacation, but finally I'm at home again and today I finished the new chapter I started to write few weeks ago :)

3.38. For the sake of all of us

VSbdp0l.png
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Hello all, I am sorry for the long silence... Earlier I worked a lot, later I had vacation, but finally I'm at home again and today I finished the new chapter I started to write few weeks ago :)

VSbdp0l.png

OHHH handsome!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    TY for the sweet Birthday wishes @Maladi777 <3@Bugsie2016 <3@Sterretjeee <3 and @CharmingMaruska <3 ... @CharmingMaruska where were you in the USA? Did you have fun and what did you find interesting about your visit :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    what is your favorite type of pizza?

Your pizza sounds delicious @mypalsim1
    Personally my favourite pizza is the 'light' pizza from Pizza Fresca, which is a bus that freshly makes the pizzas in front of your house <3
    I like the light because I don't eat meat or fish and it's one of the few option left, not because I diet by the way :lol:

What is your opinion on trying to write an accent in a character's dialogue?

Personally I would just write: "X talked with heavy X accent" rather then writing it phonetic, I would be afraid to insult someone.

Do you have a character where you pronounce their name different from how it might be read? @Bugsie2016

Mirjam and Margo, probably. Both would be pronounced like they are in Dutch, or at least in my head. You could let google translate say it out loud in Dutch to get a impression of how I would pronounce it. But I give everyone creative freedom of how they think the names should be pronounced :)

How many character point of views is too many? @LillyDoves

@Maladi777 already mentioned Game Of Thrones, so I add to that: None, it's never too many. As long as you sell a solid story ;)

@lisabee2 The pic will be available for 7 days, let me know if you missed it ;)
    Full_Size_Render.jpg

OHHHHHHH @Sterretjeee you and your 4 legged baby are adorable!!! TY for sharing! LOL I spend a lot of my life in such a place as you are in .. (horse arenas all over the world look the same LOL)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    roseinblack69roseinblack69 Posts: 4,070 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »

VSbdp0l.png

OHHH handsome!

I'm glad you like him, @lisabee2 :) But he's not very positive character, although he has something good inside ;)
  • Options
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    Discussion question: Pizza. I had pizza for dinner tonight. I realize not everyone may eat pizza, but to those that do, what is your favorite type of pizza?

Tonight: I had some that will cause my stomach to enact its revenge upon me for the rest of the night. (but I still will get it again some day) I had them replace the usual tomato-based sauce with a buffalo sauce which is incredibly spicy. Then the cheese and I had grilled chicken bits on it, with more buffalo sauce drizzled on top.
    I ordered two pizzas, and the second one had an Alfredo sauce with the cheese, spinach, and chicken (chicken Alfredo pizza). The crust had garlic butter on it.
    Typically, we get pepperoni since everyone agrees on that in my house, but tonight, I was buying and hubs ain't home. >:)

My fav pizza is a bit different ... I like q very herby red sauce on a think crust w/ sliced tomato, sweet pepper and onion (sometimes a bit of spinach or Basil .. then topped with a mix of feta and Mozzarella ... MMM now I am hungry
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    CharmingMaruskaCharmingMaruska Posts: 1,051 Member
    @lisabee2 I visited Florida and I had tons of fun! I was in Orlando and Kennedy Space Center at Cape Canaveral and Tampa, so really, I feel like I've been all over the place and it was awesome! :smile:

And pretty much everything was interesting, but I was absolutely perplexed by road rules and grocery stores. And the weather, of course, I've never been in a tropical climate before.
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Happy late birthday @lisabee2 !
    @Sterretjeee great picture! Your horse is so cute!
  • Options
  • Options
    I hate double posting but this is for something different. It's Friday so discussion question time.
    Who is your favorite character to write from your own story (obviously)?
  • Options
    I hate triple posting even more than double posting but this is for something where I have to tag some people so I can't edit my last post. But I guess with it being a good thing it outweights the bad triple posting. Well, hopefully.

@MrsRacooney (tagging you again) recently nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. So, to make it easier to tag everyone because some of you are in this reading circle anyway, i'll just post it here.

Acceptance

There was sooo many people I could have picked from but I had to settle on some sort of limit, so here we go:

@mypalsim1 @pammiechick @CitizenErased14 @Skcaga6 @Maladi777 @Sterretjeee
  • Options
    Skcaga6Skcaga6 Posts: 3,399 Member
    Congrats and thank you, @Bugsie2016 !
    wotgen6.gif?w=656
  • Options
    Thanks and you're welcome @Skcaga6
  • Options
    Not sure if you guys read my story (or remember it - it's been four months, after all :sweat_smile: ), but just in case, here's the newest update.

Chapter 3.16: Party
  • Options
    Happy late birthday @lisabee2 !
    @Sterretjeee great picture! Your horse is so cute!

<3 TY for the sweet wish (and I do love my 4 legged babies)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2 wrote: »

VSbdp0l.png

OHHH handsome!

I'm glad you like him, @lisabee2 :) But he's not very positive character, although he has something good inside ;)

LOL that is the definition of a horse! They all can be so stubborn and obstinate!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    Sometimes things just do not go as planned! It sounded so good in theory! It was such a good plan too! *facepalm

[img][/img]1nSmC4Y.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/09/02/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-6-black-white-and-boring/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »
    I hate double posting but this is for something different. It's Friday so discussion question time.
    Who is your favorite character to write from your own story (obviously)?

@Bugsie2016 I'm not sure if I can answer this, since I hasn't written from my characters' POV yet. But my favourite to write is definitely my current heir Etta, because her personality is much more developed and she has more depth than previous characters. And I also love writing hot-headed sims who yell at others for no reason - I have always so much fun trying to come up with ridiculous reasons for their outbursts :smiley:

I wanted to ask - is everyone in this thread active? I wanted to start catching up with all the stories and there are so many and I don't know where to start! And I would prefer to read stories from authors that are currently active here, so I could participate in discussions and polls and all that! Please, let me know, it would help me a great deal! :smile:
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @CharmingMasuka I am silent, but I read everything. School starts again tomorrow so I won't have as much time on the forums as usual.
  • Options
    @CharmingMasuka I am silent, but I read everything. School starts again tomorrow so I won't have as much time on the forums as usual.

Does that mean I should start with you? :tongue: I'm inclined to do so, since your story seems to have fewer chapters that others - maybe I'll be done until someone else comments!

And I'm sorry to hear school starts - I haven't realized! I don't go back until October but I have an exam during the first week so I already study, so my vacation is basically over, too. :cry:
  • Options

I feel you, @TheGeekGamez . I have 2 more days left (today & tomorrow). Already mourning the summer. :(
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member
    @lisabee2 Thank you! She defs had airplane ears in that pic, but she's so sweet :)
    I ride on a riding-school and at an private stalling, you couldn't tell the difference at a picture :lol:

@TheGeekGamez Aah yes, I went to my first class today. Uni life is so much mandatory reading :flushed:
    Let's hope we'll be able to slip some time for the forums in ;)