Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Novel Idea Reading Circle (Restarted)

Comments

• Options
    Maladi777Maladi777 Posts: 4,393 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »
    Am I the only one who's more excited with a possible new town and not the pets themselves?? Plus i love that one couch in the trailer!

I'm excited with the new area as well. I'm tired of looking at Newcrest. :smile: We need a change of scenery.
    heffners_orig.jpg
    HEFFNER LEGACYSimblrHeffner Legacy Discussion │ Origin ID: Maladi
  • Options
    mypalsim1mypalsim1 Posts: 4,282 Member
    Am I the only one who's more excited with a possible new town and not the pets themselves?? Plus i love that one couch in the trailer!

I do admit that with every pets expack, it's a novelty that wears off rather quickly, but it's nice to have that option of getting a pet should it work with the story. And of course a new town is mega awesome!
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Omg! Pets! I'm so excited! I can see Isobel and Seth buying a puppy for Rylan :) I have no idea what kind tho
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I was listening to some Italian songs today, because what is better when you're learning a foreign language than to listen to songs in that particular language? And because we have Disney fans here, I thought they might want to listen to this one with me. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uORV-SXJfk
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Maladi777 wrote: »
    I was listening to some Italian songs today, because what is better when you're learning a foreign language than to listen to songs in that particular language? And because we have Disney fans here, I thought they might want to listen to this one with me. ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uORV-SXJfk

Not sure if I should. Still kinda recovering from the many, many times i've heard the english version. (Side Note: The only person who can possibly convince me to put that song on is my 3 year old niece. I can't say no. :D )
  • Options
    SterretjeeeSterretjeee Posts: 3,019 Member

Let me freak with you, did you see that corgi wearing a hotdog?
    I am excited for pets and a possible new town <3

I hope horses will be added in a game pack later on, though. I need my baby's <3
  • Options

I love Disney, it was almost frustrating not being able to sing along :lol:
    Music is an amazing way to learn a new language though, does Tony's origins have anything to do with you learning Italian? ;)@Maladi777
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjWx-TUInM

If you pause this video around 4:33 you'll get a closer look at the new world, which now I'm pretty sure is being included <3
  • Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVjWx-TUInM

If you pause this video around 4:33 you'll get a closer look at the new world, which now I'm pretty sure is being included <3

Thanks for sharing, :).
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    @Sterretjeee I watched it together with my sister and yelled "He's a lil weenie!" I might be more of a cat person, but who can resist a corgi!?
  • Options
    LillyDovesLillyDoves Posts: 698 Member
    Anyone know any good gang names? Looking for a name to give these group of teens....
    TNXKDh4.png
    Of Myth and Magic
  • Options
    Last chapter for Generation 2! Gen 3 starts on Thursday!
    I can hardly believe it. I have the oddest notion I should say a speech, but I won't. I might start crying, and I hate crying (which is why I've never seen The Titanic all the way through--by choice. I refuse).
    Of course, the gen 2 characters will return on occasion with chapters from their pov's. It's just the story is dramatically shifting to Charlotte.

CR2-96.png
    2.96: Happily Ever After

And @Sterretjeee, I've paused the video at a good place and taken a cropped screenie in case I want a neat background for something. Even hubs thought it looked cool, which is really saying something. (he thinks my little hobby is silly but understands it makes me happy)
  • Options
    LillyDoves wrote: »
    Anyone know any good gang names? Looking for a name to give these group of teens....

I recommend this gang name generator. It should solve your problem.
    Music is an amazing way to learn a new language though, does Tony's origins have anything to do with you learning Italian? ;)@Maladi777

I always loved the sound of Italian. I like the phrasing, the cadence of the language. It's very melodic and sexy. I prefer Italian to French. I made a poor attempt to learn it from a textbook years ago but gave up. I didn't know how to start on my own and never saved money for a course. Duolingo app is for free (the creators want for everyone to be able to learn any language for free and improve their chances to get a better job) and it is more like a game than a drill. I won't lie, my wish to write Tony more authentically, to have him speak his mother tongue more often, especially in tense situations when every normal person would slip into their first language, was the best motivation to start. It certainly wasn't the only motivation.
    heffners_orig.jpg
  • Options
    Ok, time to start doubting everything you thought you knew about this story......
    Chapter 40: Secrets
    klFxFqi.png
  • Options
    YAY!

Generation three has officially begun. I'll get to finishing up the last gen 2 summary asap. However, I want to write this so that new readers can start here if they wish.

On with the story!
    CR3-1.png
    3.1: Lottie

(so weird to start out typing 3 instead of 2 for the chapter number)
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

I love Disney, it was almost frustrating not being able to sing along :lol:

No horses for us .. yet (maybe)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Back from my hiatus (OH yep I was gone LOL) ... I hit the ground running with an update about the suitors hitting the ground running in an elimination challenge ... the simmie that stepped off early 'bout broke my heart!

qqIqBdG.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/08/24/rose-white-search-for-a-king-a-bachelorette-challenge-5-a-hard-goodbye/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • Options
    TheGeekGamezTheGeekGamez Posts: 706 Member
    Entry 2.28: Sign of progress
    http://thegeekgamez.weebly.com/228.html
    08-25-17-1-51-56-pm_orig.png
    This chapter took a lot longer then I expected because of technical difficulties.
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee I watched it together with my sister and yelled "He's a lil weenie!" I might be more of a cat person, but who can resist a corgi!?

@TheGeekGamez Lol! :lol:
    I refuse to choose between dogs and cats...
    re-you-a-cat-person-yes-or-a-do6-es-25724793.png

@Maladi777 I think it's lovely that you're making an effort to learn another language nevertheless <3
    I know a little French, and hope to improve that after uni! Might just check out that app ;)
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    No horses for us .. yet (maybe)

@lisabee2 For now, let's enjoy them in real life ;)
    I may or may not have ridden dressed up as Snow White a weak ago :lol:
  • Options
    @Sterretjeee I HIGHLY recommend that app. I'm glad Maladi's using it. I've been using it for years for Spanish. They've changed stuff over the years, but only to get better. You'll be shocked it's free.
  • Options
    Discussion question: Pizza. I had pizza for dinner tonight. I realize not everyone may eat pizza, but to those that do, what is your favorite type of pizza?

Tonight: I had some that will cause my stomach to enact its revenge upon me for the rest of the night. (but I still will get it again some day) I had them replace the usual tomato-based sauce with a buffalo sauce which is incredibly spicy. Then the cheese and I had grilled chicken bits on it, with more buffalo sauce drizzled on top.
    I ordered two pizzas, and the second one had an Alfredo sauce with the cheese, spinach, and chicken (chicken Alfredo pizza). The crust had garlic butter on it.
    Typically, we get pepperoni since everyone agrees on that in my house, but tonight, I was buying and hubs ain't home. >:)
  • Options
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    Discussion question: Pizza. I had pizza for dinner tonight. I realize not everyone may eat pizza, but to those that do, what is your favorite type of pizza?

Tonight: I had some that will cause my stomach to enact its revenge upon me for the rest of the night. (but I still will get it again some day) I had them replace the usual tomato-based sauce with a buffalo sauce which is incredibly spicy. Then the cheese and I had grilled chicken bits on it, with more buffalo sauce drizzled on top.
    I ordered two pizzas, and the second one had an Alfredo sauce with the cheese, spinach, and chicken (chicken Alfredo pizza). The crust had garlic butter on it.
    Typically, we get pepperoni since everyone agrees on that in my house, but tonight, I was buying and hubs ain't home. >:)

Why??? it's 2.30 am and I'm now hungry because you mentioned pizza. I'll answer this question after breakfast.
  • Options
    Well what the plum r u reading the forums for at 230 am?! That's just asking for it. And since you asked for it, I gave it to you. Fair enough. :P

And pizza for breakfast = yum. XD
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    mypalsim1 wrote: »
    Well what the plum r u reading the forums for at 230 am?! That's just asking for it. And since you asked for it, I gave it to you. Fair enough. :P

And pizza for breakfast = yum. XD

It's a long story but yeah I was probably asking for it. Also, no pizza for breakfast :( .
  • Options
    @Bugsie2016 Yeah I kind of guessed there was a story there. I've had too many nights of insomnia lately, too.

And here's the next chapter:
    CR3-2.png
    3.2: Friends