Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We need fear

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    OilbasedoleanderOilbasedoleander Posts: 2,967 Member
    Fear is a great concept but there should be two different types...

Short term panic. If a sim is exposed to something long enough, the fear should dissipate over time and they become adjusted. Like when a sim is afraid for the first time of a ghost in the house and reacts (unless they're brave) but if they're always around it, you just become used to it.

Long term phobias through traits. If they give sims phobia traits, like fear of water, or fear of clowns or bugs. Then the fear emotion would be fun to have and would bring uniqueness to your sim. Watch them panic over creepy crawlies near by, and run away with flailing arms like they do when they're on fire.

I'd like this very much.
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited September 2017
    If Fear is added, I need a Coward/Anxious trait.

FEAR will give depth to :

- Haunted house (Lot trait)
    - Earthquake (Lot trait)
    - Monster under the bed
    - Infamous club (Club perk)
    - Vampire
    - Ghost
    - Alien abduction
    - Grim Reaper walking in the street
    - Ghost story (campfire)
  • Options
    FleurraFleurra Posts: 19 Member
    I totally agree with OP.

The sims need more drama. The sims is about creating our persona stories and everyone knows that personal stories are aweful without a bit of drama. Make events that are meaningful, mark sims in a permanent and unique way.
  • Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    This, I want to see more emotions and reactions with the emotion system, why just have it limited to the predetermined set we have?

Something like: (X being a sim/Y being the object of fear)

X just saw a horrifying scene in a movie, X won't be sleeping anytime soon! (4hr duration)

X just saw a sim being killed, X won't forget that scene anytime soon! (7-day duration.)

X just saw the grim reaper, X won't forget that spooky sim anytime soon! (2-day duration)

X just saw her fear! Y! X is frozen with Fear! (2hr duration) -yeah, I know. real original...-

X just remembered something terrible! now X is sick to their stomach...may want to keep them near a toilet (2hr duration but getting sick is 50/50 chance)

These would equal a fear moodlet or horrified moodlet depending on the senario, Horrified moodlet being second stage
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Neechan1 wrote: »
    This, I want to see more emotions and reactions with the emotion system, why just have it limited to the predetermined set we have?

X just saw a horrifying scene in a movie, X won't be sleeping anytime soon! (4hr duration)

X just saw a sim being killed, X won't forget that scene anytime soon! (7-day duration.)

X just saw the grim reaper, X won't forget that spooky sim anytime soon! (2-day duration)

X just saw her fear! Y! X is frozen with Fear! (2hr duration) -yeah, I know. real original...-

X just remembered something terrible! now X is sick to their stomach...may want to keep them near a toilet (2hr duration but getting sick is 50/50 chance)

These would equal a fear moodlet or horrified moodlet depending on the senario, Horrified moodlet being second stage

I like it!

What would the ultimate emotional state be? There's three right? The final stage being the one risking death... Scared, very scared, terrified?

• Options
    Neechan1Neechan1 Posts: 153 Member
    > @Lomelindi7 said:
    > Neechan1 wrote: »
    >
    > This, I want to see more emotions and reactions with the emotion system, why just have it limited to the predetermined set we have?
    >
    > Something like: (X being a sim/Y being the object of fear)
    >
    > X just saw a horrifying scene in a movie, X won't be sleeping anytime soon! (4hr duration)
    >
    > X just saw a sim being killed, X won't forget that scene anytime soon! (7-day duration.)
    >
    > X just saw the grim reaper, X won't forget that spooky sim anytime soon! (2-day duration)
    >
    > X just saw her fear! Y! X is frozen with Fear! (2hr duration) -yeah, I know. real original...-
    >
    > X just remembered something terrible! now X is sick to their stomach...may want to keep them near a toilet (2hr duration but getting sick is 50/50 chance)
    >
    > These would equal a fear moodlet or horrified moodlet depending on the scenario, Horrified moodlet being the second stage
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I like it!
    >
    > What would the ultimate emotional state be? There's three right? The final stage being the one risking death... Scared, very scared, terrified?

I believe so. (the ones being embarrassment, Anger and Laughter) Maybe it can go something like Frightened, Terrified and Horrified? (frighten being replaced with fear)
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,464 Member
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Neechan1 wrote: »

I like it!

What would the ultimate emotional state be? There's three right? The final stage being the one risking death... Scared, very scared, terrified?

I'd say it would start with Anxious, then bump up to Scared, then Terrified.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,268 Member
    edited September 2017
    And Daredevil/Brave sims would be energized because the Fear increases their adrenaline.
  • Options
    LenaDieters11LenaDieters11 Posts: 1,346 Member
    I agree! Fear and phobias would improve the game so much!