Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, Who is Buying Pets EP?

Comments

• Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    I am unhappy about the pets not being controllable but the pack is still a day-one purchase for me.
  • Options
    12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Me! Unless can gift me when I don't have enough money, unless I'll buy it myself if there's one way to get it!
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited August 2017
    Well, I wasn't going to, until I saw the trailer. I love the new world, some of the new objects, and the pets look cute and fun. I'm interested in the vet career so many have been begging to get for many years. I guess I have to support it, then. I'm thrilled to see a window seat of all things. You never know what sparks a person's interest. :) Being able to paint the dog or cat is a huge plus to design, so yeah, that's an advancement worth cheering about.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    I wasn't much interested in it until I saw the new world and stuff in it. Plus, the cats and dogs do look perdy cute! I'll be getting it, just not sure when.

For those saying they'll wait until it's on sale, is it likely a new pack would already be on sale 2-3 weeks after it was released?
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    megiare wrote: »
    I wasn't much interested in it until I saw the new world and stuff in it. Plus, the cats and dogs do look perdy cute! I'll be getting it, just not sure when.

For those saying they'll wait until it's on sale, is it likely a new pack would already be on sale 2-3 weeks after it was released?

Yes, TS4 seems to go on sale a lot more often and much faster than the others did.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    ElenPinkElenPink Posts: 541 Member

Definitely not lol. I don't mind the wait though. Especially since I don't care much for pets.
    webp_net_gifmaker_by_sarcasmisbetter-dcfn6tz.gif
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    After waiting 4 years? Definitely! I'm really excited for Brindleton Bay.
    moss

• Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

Yes, TS4 seems to go on sale a lot more often and much faster than the others did.
    ElenPink wrote: »

Definitely not lol. I don't mind the wait though. Especially since I don't care much for pets.

@Cinebar I always seem to miss the sales! When I do know about them, I don't have any money lol.

@ElenPink I didn't so either with it being new and all. Felt liek that happened with vampires as a sale started shortly after that pack was released. Maybe some other pack, IDK, but it was one of them! :D
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    AndreaTheHeroAndreaTheHero Posts: 578 Member
    I actually remember city living going on sale at target less than a month after release for almost 50% off. Might have been longer but I'm pretty sure thats right
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member

I'm pretty sure Target put the last couple of expansions up for sale after just weeks of release.
  • Options
    Gabe_ozGabe_oz Posts: 1,880 Member
    EA is happy and my bank account is suffering. :#

g1hW0Ct.png
  • Options
    Nephesh_SpiritNephesh_Spirit Posts: 254 Member
    Me. I don't normally get them as soon as they come out but I will this one. Can't wait.
    The Lockwood Family Tree

• Options
    aaronjc123aaronjc123 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Me. I might pre-order it, and I have never pre-ordered a game before. In fact, I don't think I've pre-ordered anything in my entire life.
  • Options
    simplyzoesimplyzoe Posts: 428 Member
    Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy! Seems I just keep repeating it while dancing around the room!

Thanks EA and I loved the trailer, and on the coast too! You guys are really listening, thanks bunches!

<3
  • Options
    mctsimmermctsimmer Posts: 277 Member
    I'm getting the pack, and have started putting money to the side to buy it. I would do a pre-order, but there is the chance black Friday sales will put the pack at 50% off. The cheapskate in me won't know what to do seeing the pack sold for $19.99 after paying full price. Also, being released during the holiday season means I don't know whether I'll have time to play it at release. I intend to work a lot of overtime and free-time will be in short supply.

Whether I get it on release day or on Black Friday I'm adding it to my Sims 4 collection.
  • Options
    MarktnMarktn Posts: 554 Member
    Love it! It's the perfect addition to my new YA in an apartment starting out his adult life alone in the city. A cat or dog instead of quickly pair off with someone and next thing you know kids and the suburbs. It will make it more playable for longer without feeling the need to force progression on my Sims. And that new world! I want to own a waterfront property so bad!
  • Options
    Amber0922Amber0922 Posts: 73 Member
    I'll get it when it's on sale or I'll preorder it with the 10% off. Really not sure :|

Is the preorder price 10% off now? I'm debating. If there's some incentive I'll definitely preorder
  • Options
    EmoFlowersEmoFlowers Posts: 325 Member
    I always wait to watch actual gameplay footage before buying. Not what the gurus show, but what other YouTubers show as that informs me better if it is worth my money. At this time, I have no plans to get it because I want pet birds.

I do this, as well. I've never bought an EP or GP without watching gameplay of it first. That being said, I'll probably also wait for it to go on sale since it is so close to Thanksgiving. If it doesn't go on sale and I love it, then I'm willing to pay full price.*

*Ask me in a couple months if I still think this way. :lol:
    !! Mermaids !!

RIP Princess (July 4, 2001 - January 11, 2016)
    RIP Misha (May 1, 2011 - July 2, 2016)
  • Options
    BethanyShoneBethanyShone Posts: 310 Member
    Oh definitely! I preordered The Sims 4 on console but I have a feeling that will get pushed aside for a while considering Cats & Dogs comes out just a few days before :joy:
  • Options
    AwesomeAbsterAwesomeAbster Posts: 61 Member
    I am!!! So excited! I feel that they've done a great job with Pets this time around. Plus, the new world looks beautiful!
    Screen_Shot_2017_11_06_at_7_17_39_AM.png
    ❤️Imagine those toddlers with puppies and kittens in their arms❤️
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    Pre-ordered today
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    BrokenChaos69BrokenChaos69 Posts: 928 Member
    Day 1 purchase for me. I wish it was November 10th already. I'll gladly give up September and October! It's too bad they aren't releasing a Create-A-Pet demo to make the wait less painful. ):
    Gallery ID: ChaosKitten666
    I hope my Sims and lots aren't too terrible!
  • Options
    marksgirl2006marksgirl2006 Posts: 87 Member
    The day it comes out it's mine. Early birthday present to me as it's a big number.
  • Options
    aprilroseaprilrose Posts: 1,832 Member
    *waves hand wildly * Me!! I am so ready for this pack
    Simming for 19 years!
    Family Tree
    Playing Mod & CC Free

• Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    Me, I just love how the world looks and the new career will be pre order