Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we getting tiny pets...?

I didn't see any tiny pets in the trailer. Like hamsters, snakes or birds :/ are they not coming?
21mbz47.jpg

Comments

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    There was a fox in a trailer so don't rule them out just yet.

Probably get some wild animals and who knows what other smaller animals. Pretty sure Cats and Dogs have a bigger focus on the EP and then you have some minor animals in the game.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    There was a fox in a trailer so don't rule them out just yet.

Probably get some wild animals and who knows what other smaller animals. Pretty sure Cats and Dogs have a bigger focus on the EP and then you have some minor animals in the game.

I mean the pets are cute, but I don't see any excuse not to add tiny pets... I mean honestly a GP all about tiny pets would be ridiculous
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    uo_aaronjduo_aaronjd Posts: 425 Member
    We need tiny pets....gives my cat something to hunt
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup
  • Options
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »

I mean maybe they can hunt the animals we already got... but still. No horses AND tiny pets... you have got to be kidding me
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited August 2017
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I didn't see any tiny pets in the trailer. Like hamsters, snakes or birds :/ are they not coming?

Well...I don't wanna be a downer, but think about the old survey, Cats and Dogs were on their own pack. While another gamepack talked about small animals. I could defiantly be wrong though, so for now it's just speculation.

I think they really wanted to focus on their two star pets, which in TS3 they kinda neglected due to horses being the new kid on the block. That's not necessarily bad though, since now those who want only those two can have them, and I can imagine horses being in a horse/farm gamepack. Then the small animals can have a small game pack and not have the hug lag that the star pets bulk has.

Like @LadyKyn said above, I too also spotted a fox. They're possibly the new "wild creatures" (like the deer, raccoons, and penguins from previous games). But for all we know "wild creatures" could be adoptable for the first time.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Dreamie209 wrote: »

Well...I don't wanna be a downer, but think about the old survey, Cats and Dogs were on their own pack. While another gamepack talked about small animals. I could defiantly be wrong though, so for now it's just speculation.

I think they really wanted to focus on their two star pets, which in TS3 they kinda neglected due to horses being the new kid on the block. That's not necessarily bad though, since now those who want only those two can have them, and I can imagine horses being in a horse/farm gamepack. Then the small animals can have a small game pack and not have the hug lag that the star pets bulk has.

Like @LadyKyn said above, I too also spotted a fox. They're possibly the new "wild creatures" (like the deer, raccoons, and penguins from previous games). But for all we know "wild creatures" could be adoptable for the first time.

that would be so cool
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    I also think little pets in there own game pack would be wonderful because game packs are so well done I would mind waiting then the little pets could have some game play added to them
  • Options
    I also think little pets in there own game pack would be wonderful because game packs are so well done I would mind waiting then the little pets could have some game play added to them

I love game packs, but they are releasing content extremely slow and people are still missing seasons, university, tiny pets, horses, occults, vacation spots and more careers.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    @Orchid13 wrote: »

I mean maybe they can hunt the animals we already got... but still. No horses AND tiny pets... you have got to be kidding me

We're getting more content for Cats & Dogs though. I'd rather have more gameplay, rather than recycle the same gameplay for a 3rd time.

We're getting Vets, with Pets having the ability to become ill! We also have obstacle courses, where you can train your Pets etc. which is something we got next to nothing with previously.
  • Options
    edited August 2017

:)

• Options
    jackjack_k wrote: »

We're getting more content for Cats & Dogs though. I'd rather have more gameplay, rather than recycle the same gameplay for a 3rd time.

We're getting Vets, with Pets having the ability to become ill! We also have obstacle courses, where you can train your Pets etc. which is something we got next to nothing with previously.

True, but still. Like I wouldn't mind if the wait weren't so terrible. Also , do we get pet stores?
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    KayxxFanpireKayxxFanpire Posts: 500 Member
    I know this is probably a long shot but I kinda feel like maybe minor/small pets should be patched in? In the past,we haven't gotten to do much with the small pets except hold them and teach the birds to talk...and if that's what they would give us again,I don't see that worth it's own game or stuff pack. If they do come in a separate pack,I would expect them to blow my mind. I'm talking tons of different animals,rodents being able to have a ball to run around in,breeding,etc,etc.

That being said,I'm personally okay with this pack just being cats and dogs. We don't know much about the pack yet but from the little we do know,it seems like the Sims team really wanted to put a lot of depth into this pack. I look forward to learning more as the weeks go by :)
    03.22.2013 <3
  • Options
    well sometimes things just take longer pets were the hardest ones for them to do seasons wont be easy but it likely wont be as hard as adding dogs and cats university will likely be one of the easy ones because they don't have to worry about new life states
    university would be great for a teacher career
  • Options
    acebuilderacebuilder Posts: 8 New Member
    If we get tiny pets , we are going to need traps.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,420 Member
    I don't want hamsters or snakes, I want ferrets. Cute little ferrets running around so I can recreate my babies in game. Oh well, might just have to modify some cats to fit the bill.
  • Options
    @TOrchid13 wrote: »
    jackjack_k wrote: »

True, but still. Like I wouldn't mind if the wait weren't so terrible. Also , do we get pet stores?

There are stores shown in the world, I imagine we'll get some that sell Pet related things.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    One of the gurus confirmed both foxes and racoons, but didn't say whether they'd be tameable. They'll be in the wild, but it's not known if we can tame them and make them pets or not.
    There is zero word about small pets like hamsters, ferrets, lizards and the like. I'm going to take this to mean they aren't coming, unless I hear differently.
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member

I love game packs, but they are releasing content extremely slow and people are still missing seasons, university, tiny pets, horses, occults, vacation spots and more careers.

Amen sister. I wish ts3 ran smoother and didn't take 84 years to load up. I miss skill journals a lot as well. And spices! They were so neat and added an extra layer to cooking for me.

I literally have no expectations for seasons at this point.
  • Options
    It's just gonna take a long dang time for the game to feel full with one EP a year. Especially when the EPs are so very bare bones. I'm just so over the direction EA has gone.
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Yeah I am kind of shocked that they don't seem to be adding in small pets like snakes or bunnies. These have always been just objects in the past. They wouldn't require the same programming with emotions and stuff. Even if they would have just added like... two small pets. A snake, and a gerbil, for example... that would have gone a long way to making it seem like a true Pets expansion. I'm sorry but I don't want to pay for pets twice, that's for sure. Like maybe if there was a zoo GP then I'd consider it... MAYBE. But they really should just be in with this EP
  • Options
    Lomelindi7 wrote: »
    Yeah I am kind of shocked that they don't seem to be adding in small pets like snakes or bunnies. These have always been just objects in the past. They wouldn't require the same programming with emotions and stuff. Even if they would have just added like... two small pets. A snake, and a gerbil, for example... that would have gone a long way to making it seem like a true Pets expansion. I'm sorry but I don't want to pay for pets twice, that's for sure. Like maybe if there was a zoo GP then I'd consider it... MAYBE. But they really should just be in with this EP

The zoo GP would likely be a rabbit hole. They couldn't do multiple animals for even an EP so keep your hopes low.
  • Options
    tasmabel wrote: »

The zoo GP would likely be a rabbit hole. They couldn't do multiple animals for even an EP so keep your hopes low.

I actually have zero hopes for a zoo GP. I'm just saying that's basically the only way I'd be willing to pay for tiny pets separately from this Cats and Dogs EP :)
  • Options

I actually have zero hopes for a zoo GP. I'm just saying that's basically the only way I'd be willing to pay for tiny pets separately from this Cats and Dogs EP :)

Ah. I don't even want horses in a farming pack because I'd rather have more farming gameplay and God knows how multiple features work in packs for ts4. It's just not doable. Sigh. I'm in a mood. I just want ts4 cas for ts3. I would be so happy then.
  • Options

Ah. I don't even want horses in a farming pack because I'd rather have more farming gameplay and God knows how multiple features work in packs for ts4. It's just not doable. Sigh. I'm in a mood. I just want ts4 cas for ts3. I would be so happy then.

Amen to that lol
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I don't want hamsters or snakes, I want ferrets. Cute little ferrets running around so I can recreate my babies in game. Oh well, might just have to modify some cats to fit the bill.
    @Aeroprincess87 In one of the gamepack surveys, I remember ferrets being included in the description for the smaller animals GP, so there's still the possibility they'll make an appearance if said GP is produced. I'd love to see them weasel war dance all over my sims' homes. <3