Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are we getting tiny pets...?

Comments

• Options
    littlemissgogolittlemissgogo Posts: 1,808 Member
    @AfterMidnight is there a screenie of this survey by chance?
    6riwm5.png
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    I kind of figured they wouldn't add horses, that's one thing I love about TS3 is the horses and the small critters, but I'm just happy they are releasing a dogs & cats EP.
  • Options
    3KNPen3KNPen Posts: 2,825 Member
    Well it's specifically called Cats & Dogs not Pets so I wouldn't expect small animals hidden somewhere in this. I would prefer to get small pets in the GP mentioned in the survey because then they would get actual attention paid to them and could be expanded on way more then just keeping them in a cage and taking them out to feed them and play with them once in a while (I'd love to have Parrots be influenced by what's going on around them like they can learn to actually mimic things going on in the household so if they're around a sim who shouts bad words a lot they can pick that up or if your sims sings a lot they can pick that up on top of also being able to train them to do things). Plus we'd probably get way more variety in the small animals we get if they're not shoved into a corner of an EP focusing mostly on cats and dogs...
    ~ ~ ~
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    probably not, I hope they patch, more for existing "Pets" Like more interactions with fish you put in an aquarium, the bugs and frogs you collect.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,972 Member
    Where are the horses? Guess there are none. :(
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    Misa_wants_PepsiMisa_wants_Pepsi Posts: 229 Member
    I really want to like this EP. I really want it to be good. On the one hand, its amazing that you can dress up your pets and be a vet, however i'd also like some little critters like bunnies and birds and lizards. I also dont want to pay 3 times for differnet pets, (a farm pack for horses and a GP for little pets.) I'm poor. I have to pick and choose what I buy anyway. I just want to feel like I got my moneys worth.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    uo_aaronjd wrote: »
    We need tiny pets....gives my cat something to hunt

Will a cat in an apartment chase a rat?
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I am disappointed, as my sim household still does not represent my actual famiky since we are missing our pet birds. Technically, all you do in real life is feed, water, clean, and train a bird to talk or be held. That would not take much animation.
  • Options
    ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member
    It could be that they are not saying anything unless they can not fit them by the time they have to ship. This is mid August here and they're talking about an EP two months out. You all know they will be scripting and coloring the night before the patch comes out lol
  • Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,569 Member
    In a screenshot they released there were ducks on the port and some flying but they looked like they are only there for the back drop or scenery. I'm really hoping we can have pet birds though, they're the only pets I can have since I'm allergic to cats and dogs, and I want my sims to enjoy birds as well.
  • Options
    AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    @AfterMidnight is there a screenie of this survey by chance?
    I don't have a screenshot of it unfortunately, but I remember seeing it on a thread about Pets earlier in the year. Someone else might have a pic of it.
  • Options
    ChristianSimFanChristianSimFan Posts: 546 Member
    Hopefully they get added in later, I'd even pay for the add on.
  • Options
    Wouldn't you rather have pet birds that act more like your own pets? If they put them in a separate pack, they will be more than an object like fish or frogs.
  • Options
    Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited August 2017
    Why now with TS4 gamepacks are an excuse to scamp EPs? The logic of simmers now is I'm glad there is not this in the EP like that if they do a GP about that it will be better. No no no, we don't have to thing like that, GPs are not excuse to scamp the content of EPs!
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • Options
    Why now with TS4 gamepacks are an excuse to scamp EPs? The logic of simmers now is I'm glad there is not this in the EP like that if they do a GP about that it will be better. No no no, we don't have to thing like that, GPs are not excuse to scamp the content of EPs!

IMO, when they have separated stuff into more packs (like vampires) they have been incredible and have much more game play than ever before. I don't need small pets, but if they add to them and give them more depth, I would probably buy it too.
  • Options
    I am upset, and wanted small pets as part of the pack. I did voice my displeasure to the gurus. Hopefully, they know enough wanted our small pets represented in some way.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I am upset, and wanted small pets as part of the pack. I did voice my displeasure to the gurus. Hopefully, they know enough wanted our small pets represented in some way.

Not enough people want them to be added. Plus, the decision has been made. No small pets. S1 did have a monkey with the organ grinder.
  • Options
    Amber0922Amber0922 Posts: 73 Member
    > @Orchid13 said:
    > comicsforlife wrote: »
    >
    > I also think little pets in there own game pack would be wonderful because game packs are so well done I would mind waiting then the little pets could have some game play added to them
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I love game packs, but they are releasing content extremely slow and people are still missing seasons, university, tiny pets, horses, occults, vacation spots and more careers.

Some are interested in quality not quantity. TS3 had too much poor quality content.
  • Options
    kwanzaabotkwanzaabot Posts: 2,440 Member
    Small pets might be coming, they might not. Who knows, they haven't said one way or the other yet. It's too soon to say.

However, Grand Rodiek said there's "great stuff" in the pre-EP patch. What does this mean? Who knows. Maybe it's an update to fish/frogs/bugs/alien specimens, so they act like real pets. Maybe it's a Womrat? (and the return of the Guinea Pig Flu! :naughty: )

It's too soon to say.

It'd be odd if we didn't at least get one small pet in the EP, though. Maybe a parrot in Buy Mode we can build a relationship with (like the teddy bears), and has feed/talk/play interactions?
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    Cats & Dogs. It's in the title. Not Cats & Dogs & Etc.
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

But there are foxes too.
  • Options

Yeah, like how City Living was actually called City Living & Karaoke Bars.

Just because the focus of the pack was apartments, didn't stop them from adding other things.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    lexus20 wrote: »

But there are foxes too.

Foxes are part of the canine family.
  • Options
    lexus20 wrote: »

But there are foxes too.

Foxes are part of the canine family.

Different genus, though.
    wJbomAo.png
  • Options
    > @Dannydanbo said:
    > lexus20 wrote: »
    >
    > Dannydanbo wrote: »
    >
    > Cats & Dogs. It's in the title. Not Cats & Dogs & Etc.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > But there are foxes too.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Foxes are part of the canine family.

NO foxes are DANGEROUS wild animals! It just made the pack 100 times more of a disappointment.