Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA silence on family play and family play fans

Comments

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,214 Member
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been away for a while, my health has really taken a dip this year so it's been a struggle to keep up with life. I saw Parenthood and intend to buy because it sounds like something I may enjoy :)

Missed you all, thank you to those of you who have sent me private messages, I intend to get back to you all asap

Glad to hear from you fairy . I'm sorry to hear you are ill my family will keep you in our prayers
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Hey everyone, sorry I've been away for a while, my health has really taken a dip this year so it's been a struggle to keep up with life. I saw Parenthood and intend to buy because it sounds like something I may enjoy :)

Missed you all, thank you to those of you who have sent me private messages, I intend to get back to you all asap
    Feel better sparkfairy and sorry your health has been rough as well. Hang in there *hugs*. Yes Parenthood has helped a ton with family play. I think you would enjoy the toddler pack too and the Kids Room pack is fun as well. But yes it is great to see a lot of the ideas shared in this thread, the Ideas for Toddlers thread, and other places make it into packs. Your voice and other family players voices did have an impact on the silence, so thank you for not being afraid to speak out. Take care of yourself and I miss you. I'm not as active on forums either. Been busy with work and dealing with new health problems myself. Just take it one day at a time and know that many people care about you.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    sparkfairy1sparkfairy1 Posts: 11,453 Member
    Thank you @Horrorgirl6 and @Scobre sending love your way <3
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Welcome back spark :smile:
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,214 Member
    Well, I might not buy the cats and dog. They're not playable they said this is right decision, but still it feels like a downgrade.There no horses or any smaller pets . The Vet career look good.
  • Options
    Yeah I'll be getting the cats and dogs pack myself. After all, my calico cat and mixed breed corgi are apart of my family too. I'm so happy I can make both of them now. I wonder if ponds will be possible to make too with pet fish? That would make my pet family feel complete.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    No horses? I guessed that would have happened
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    Yay Cats! I can have kitties again! :):)
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    Well, I might not buy the cats and dog. They're not playable they said this is right decision, but still it feels like a downgrade.There no horses or any smaller pets . The Vet career look good.

Pity about the smaller pets; they were usually cage-confined for the most part, so I would have thought they were easier to program (fewer behaviors and fewer interactions with various sized sims). Not too bothered about not being able to control the pets as long as they are trainable; it worked just fine in Sims/Sims 2. It was convenient in Sims 3 sometimes, but not really necessary. If they aren't trainable though, that may be an issue.
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    edited August 2017
    Thrippa wrote: »
    Pity about the smaller pets; they were usually cage-confined for the most part, so I would have thought they were easier to program (fewer behaviors and fewer interactions with various sized sims).

They were. But now EA seems to plan a GP for small pets. I´m pretty sure that´s why they left them out and I´m really looking forward to small pets that a not just an annex to a Pets EP. Judging from the survey I believe I´ll be enjoying TS4 small pets very much.

Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    83bienchen wrote: »
    Pity about the smaller pets; they were usually cage-confined for the most part, so I would have thought they were easier to program (fewer behaviors and fewer interactions with various sized sims).

They were. But now EA seems to plan a GP for small pets. I´m pretty sure that´s why they left them out and I´m really looking forward to small pets that a not just an annex to a Pets EP. Judging from the survey I believe I´ll be enjoying TS4 small pets very much.

Why would there be a GP to follow on from 'Cats and Dogs' though? Couldn't they just have one full Pets EP with everything in it?
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    Tremayne4260Tremayne4260 Posts: 3,126 Member
    @king_of_simcity7, love what you've done so far! Keep us posted on your new world.
    Second Star to the Right and Straight on 'til Morning.
  • Options
    Yeah I think small pets would make it to a SP. But as far as GP options, I wouldn't mind a farm pack personally. That was Sims can ride horses and milk cows and raise chickens with their little families.
  • Options
    @Tremayne4260 Thanks for the comment :smile:

@Scobre I see a lot of players are talking about a farm GP but I don't know if that will ever happen or it might just be a rumour
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,580 Member
    edited August 2017
    83bienchen wrote: »

Why would there be a GP to follow on from 'Cats and Dogs' though? Couldn't they just have one full Pets EP with everything in it?

The alternative would have been a Pets EP with cats, dogs and small pets (like in TS3), leaving the vet career out.

I personally prefer getting vets in this EP any fully fleshed out small pets in a separate GP (they would never fit in a stuff pack, + they were already mentioned in a previous GP survey:

The Sims 4 – Small Pets

Sims who long to own a pet but lack the space to accommodate them will love The Sims 4 Small Pets. Adopt a wide variety of new small animals, teach them tricks or even breed them to unlock rare specimens. Earn simoleons by building your own pet shop with adorable creatures and their accessories!

Adopt new animals – Have your sim adopt a new pet and take care of them. Your sim can choose between a talkative bird, a mischievous ferret, an adorable guinea pig or a furtive reptile.
    New breeds and tricks – Teach new tricks to your pets, like how to say new expressions, or “go fetch an object”. Create your own rare species with distinct looks and unique personalities.
    Build a pet shop – Create your own pet shop and put animals up for adoption to earn some simoleons. Sell animal habitats, pet food and even toys for their entertainment!

What is the probability that you would buy the Small Animals pack were it available for 19.99€?
    Post edited by 83bienchen on
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    LadyjodzLadyjodz Posts: 81 Member
    CrackFox wrote: »
    I miss the family aspect so much. I'm starting to build my families up now and it's a shame that only really starts from the child lifestage. The baby stage is so dull and unfulfilling when my Sim gave birth yesterday I instantly aged him up. I'd have never done that in the previous games. I know the baby stage is never thrilling but the chance to take them out of the crib and just carry them around or give them a bath made a lot of difference. I loved taking care of toddlers in previous games, it's what made the Sims 2 so much better than 1 for me. We need those basic things back.

I totally agree. Small wins could be had just by for instance adding back in the relationships for step-parents and full extended family. It makes such a difference to the game. I too miss the family tree and golden anniversary like what we had in the sims 3. So much potential to make family play better.
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    For those that feel the game is lacking for them, please, continue to complain. EA will sweep anything and everything they can under the rug, if they think they can, and need to be reminded what people are finding lacking or lacklustre about this game.

I myself wish that Pets in TS3 were uncontrollable. I much preferred that in TS2 our pets looked after themselves more often than not, and our sims were just required to feed and play with them. Personally, I think that EA did the right thing with the animals this time around ( shocking, I know )
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    StormsviewStormsview Posts: 2,603 Member
    Pary wrote: »
    For those that feel the game is lacking for them, please, continue to complain. EA will sweep anything and everything they can under the rug, if they think they can, and need to be reminded what people are finding lacking or lacklustre about this game.

I myself wish that Pets in TS3 were uncontrollable. I much preferred that in TS2 our pets looked after themselves more often than not, and our sims were just required to feed and play with them. Personally, I think that EA did the right thing with the animals this time around ( shocking, I know )

I like the way they have our pets for Sims 4 Cats and Dogs, I just do not want them to find ways to kill them off. like a puppy chew on a cord and oops dead puppy or any other dumb ways to kill our pets. Like a dog dying from barking or cats from eating a plant. Please just leave our pets alone Team and let us enjoy our game for a change. :#
    we'll give you a full refund. Just make sure you make your request within 24 hours after you first launch the game, within seven days from your date of purchase, or within seven days from the game's release date if you pre-ordered, whichever comes first.
    Who said EA doesn't have a sense of humor
  • Options
    @Stormsview I would be disappointed if a pet died in The Sims :(

I can actually say that I have never killed off any pets in any Sims game!

Shame I cannot say the same for the actual Sims though... :no_mouth:
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • Options
    RavenclawDragonlordRavenclawDragonlord Posts: 17 Member
    I've not bought the new toddlers pack but looking at it I don't think it will fill the gap in the family connection. Part of my problem is I don't use any mods or that other than one to stop them washing dishes in the bathroom sinks, this means the time still goes far too fast to do anything, that and the interactions take far too long :(
  • Options
    ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    I actually like The Sims 3 method when it comes to pets. I like that the option is available to me to play pets whatever way I desire. If I want control cats or dogs (or horses) I can and will if I have something particular in mind for them, but if I don't want to then I let them do their own thing. It feels like a step back to me. While I understand the argument about wanting to make pets seem more realistic and how in real life you can't control pets, I mean, you could make the same argument about controlling people yet here we are controlling sims. I think the choice of whether to control pets or not should've been available in game options to cater to the individual player's preference.

I also think it blows for anyone who wants a big household that a pet can take up a slot in the household. It's not the pets taking up a slot in the household so much as I wish they would've increased the number of sims/pets allowed per household. Maybe they will change their minds about that. Hopefully, should there be a Sims 5, we players can decide on the minimum and maximum amount of sims and other beings in our households (and towns/cities).

Pets was originally one of the EPs I was looking for to see if it would peak my interest in TS4 enough to buy it. I did initially get excited until I realized most of what I was getting excited about we could already do in TS3 Pets. The only major thing to me is the veterinarian career but Cats & Dogs is still in development so maybe they'll do something that blows me away but so far it's looking like I'll just need to see what Seasons will bring (if there is a Seasons EP... GP(s)? Whichever...).

So far toddlers are the only addition I've seen to the game that looks worthwhile to me besides CAS and a few things in build mode. Oh, and hats as accessories. Man I'm jealous of that, lol.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    > @ApparentlyAwesome said:
    > I actually like The Sims 3 method when it comes to pets. I like that the option is available to me to play pets whatever way I desire. If I want control cats or dogs (or horses) I can and will if I have something particular in mind for them, but if I don't want to then I let them do their own thing. It feels like a step back to me. While I understand the argument about wanting to make pets seem more realistic and how in real life you can't control pets, I mean, you could make the same argument about controlling people yet here we are controlling sims. I think the choice of whether to control pets or not should've been available in game options to cater to the individual player's preference.
    >
    > I also think it blows for anyone who wants a big household that a pet can take up a slot in the household. It's not the pets taking up a slot in the household so much as I wish they would've increased the number of sims/pets allowed per household. Maybe they will change their minds about that. Hopefully, should there be a Sims 5, we players can decide on the minimum and maximum amount of sims and other beings in our households (and towns/cities).
    >
    > Pets was originally one of the EPs I was looking for to see if it would peak my interest in TS4 enough to buy it. I did initially get excited until I realized most of what I was getting excited about we could already do in TS3 Pets. The only major thing to me is the veterinarian career but Cats & Dogs is still in development so maybe they'll do something that blows me away but so far it's looking like I'll just need to see what Seasons will bring (if there is a Seasons EP... GP(s)? Whichever...).
    >
    > So far toddlers are the only addition I've seen to the game that looks worthwhile to me besides CAS and a few things in build mode. Oh, and hats as accessories. Man I'm jealous of that, lol.

Yeah I wish we could have more pets in one household. It's probably the only thing I don't like and I hope they fix
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    Hi. I come bearing gifts. Or, well... if you're someone who owns Parenthood and is ok with using mods. I made a bunch of traits specially for child sims: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=599536
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I actually liked the ghost pets in the Sims 3 too. They were so cool and cute. <3 I admit I'm disappointed in that pets will count as a Sim in household too. I guess to keep performance to run on laptops with lower framerate is probably one of the reasons why. Sims 4 is more compact in a lot of ways and this is just one of many examples now, that's all. I still hope to see farm animals and curious if those will count against the household count too. Only time will tell. I'm still happy about the CAST pets will have so I can make my kitty and puppy in the game.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • Options
    @ApparentlyAwesome I agree completely about pets in TS3 :smile:

@Scobre it seems like another TS4 step backwards to me. Sims counted as a Sim all the way back in TS1 and I would expect better in this day and age :(
    Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top