Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

You know you're a TS3 addict when...

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,374 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    Then you realize you forgot to exit out of the game, so your Significant Other hears The Sims's music playing through the computer's speakers :)

:lol:

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    When your Significant Other buys the same packs as you so that you can play together... :D I got lucky. :D
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    WaterdragonWaterdragon Posts: 780 Member
    When in one of your saves a sim is due to die of old age, and you procrastinate playing that save, because you know, you will be sad. :'(
    My sim´s antics: http://waterdragonsblog.com/
    My studio: http://www.thesims3.com/mypage/WatrDragon/mystudio

Just assume that every edit I make is because of typos.
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    When you have a day off and you lounge around pretending you're going to read or watch TV until the second your spouse leaves the house at which time you make a mad dash for the computer and play 9 hours straight until you hear the garage door open. At which time you grab the iPad and run for the couch to pretend you've been reading all day. :blush:
    In the old(er) days when we read actual hard copy books, the significant other would say, "Yeah, you're still on the same page you were on when I left. And you're holding the book upside down. Nice try." ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,374 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    In the old(er) days when we read actual hard copy books, the significant other would say, "Yeah, you're still on the same page you were on when I left. And you're holding the book upside down. Nice try." ;)

• Options
    Faerie197Faerie197 Posts: 1,077 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »
    igazor wrote: »

Isn't this when you say "Actually, I finished that book a couple hours ago. This is a different book, I just switched the covers to confuse you."

Of course, that only works if it's a hardcover book. Paperbacks kind of ruin that excuse by not having removable covers.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    Odonata68Odonata68 Posts: 1,076 Member
    Unlurking to say this thread is fun to read! :D Where I work, there is this "points" program that customers can sign up for called "*Perks". We are supposed to ask each customer if they have Perks and I almost asked "Do you have sim points". I caught myself before I said "sim". :#
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    I'm the last person in the world to be considered fashion conscious (is there such a thing as fashion unconscious?), but I just came across someone on screen wearing black and white thick horizontal stripes on their top (casual shirt) and the same vertically for their bottoms (shorts). Or maybe it was the other way around, is this a "thing" now? Anyway, I immediately decided that the fit and cut were fine but the stripe combo looked horrible on them so instinctively reached for the mouse to bring them into Plan Outfit, MC Stylist, testingcheats anything, for a quick CASt adjustment. Unfortunately what I was seeing was a video and had nothing to do with sims, so I wasn't very successful.

Even worse when this happens in real life... ;)
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,430 Member
    ...when you camp out on TSR and spend 3-4 hrs downloading "hair". :(
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    When you are happily simming and brought your favorate Sim family to the 10th generation finally, only for the alarm to go off and you wake up in bed. Then when you sign into TS3 what annoys you most isn't that you were dreaming of playing TS3, but that you'll now have to redo those 8 generations to get back to where you were before waking up since your Sim family is only on the 2nd generation.
    Fear not the fae, for they are harmless. Anger not the fae, beware their wraith. Harm not the fae, fear the Faerie Knight.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I love playing though I always kept getting mixed up in the early days and would end up trying to play TS2 on TS3 which never worked until my TS3 game got so heavily Modded.I can still be playing open world TS2 in my SIms 3 game with the Mods and my story progression settings.I've loaded my game up thinking I would play TS2 and wondered when open world was added to Sims2.It turned out I'd actually loaded my heavily Modded TS3 game up.
    I would play each family though each day in TS2 though when playing rotationally there though time is global in TS3 so I can play each day with one of my local town families though I'd rejoin them after playing the other families for a few days and they've been progressing while I was playing the other households.
    I also spend too much time loading my game with tons of CC and with too many Mods.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    DampenedLeavesDampenedLeaves Posts: 26 Member
    When you're reading a book and you can only picture the characters as Sims as opposed to actual humans
    Who am I kidding, Sims are actual humans? Right?
    Also when you spend 3-4 hours creating each Sim as each and every detail has to be perfect.
    tKtfnik.gif

She/Her
  • Options
    winterbaby20winterbaby20 Posts: 2,413 Member
    when your old normal laptop can't play the sims, therefore, causing sims 3 playing withdraw causing you to decide to ask for a credit increase on your credit card so you can buy a gaming laptop and pay the bill off $100 dollars at a time.
  • Options
    "But I need a Radeon HD 6770 graphics card (okay, this was many years ago) for work." Even though the work I do certainly involves computers, it has nothing whatsoever to do with graphics or design, but that was what I kept telling myself back then. :p
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
  • Options
    OriginalMaraOriginalMara Posts: 1,669 Member
    When you see the word "whoo-hoo" or "woo-hoo" (meant as a cheer of excitement) but you can only think of the totally different connotation it has in the Sims. :lol:
  • Options
    AuzzPandaAuzzPanda Posts: 1,235 Member
    ...When you spend 70% of your mobile plan on The Sims forums
    23rif7.gif
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    When you see the word "whoo-hoo" or "woo-hoo" (meant as a cheer of excitement) but you can only think of the totally different connotation it has in the Sims. :lol:

I'm so glad I'm not the only one! :D
    giphy.gif

• Options
    TayMeowCxxTayMeowCxx Posts: 38 Member
    Am i the only one that wakes up thinking about who's life you can destroy in sims today... I mainly just think about the crazy things i can do in sims at weird hours. :D
  • Options
    TheRubySimmerTheRubySimmer Posts: 24 Member
    When you hear the pee yourself tune in a video and have a glimpse of joy.
  • Options
    MazakeenMazakeen Posts: 440 Member
    When Your computer(s!) break down, live in purgatory for two months, and You wonder if You'll ever be able to concoct a spell to pull them out from eternal doom.

-Then You go out for a beer, just because You managed to do just that after two months of chaos, mayhem and the rest of their demonish siblings.

Yay, Science!
    ie62Ymx.jpg
    Rawwrr...
  • Options
    AvataritAvatarit Posts: 836 Member
    When you become so attached to your favourite sim, you feel so identified with her that you feel almost like certain choises you take for her in the game sort of reflects on your own life, every disicion becomes meaningful.... I mean when you play with a sim a really long time, at some point you just stop to improvize because it's too important!
  • Options
    When the sim you've been following and guiding for months (or years) dies of old age, and it sends you the player into a bout of depression because it feels like you lost a dear friend.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    Faerie197 wrote: »
    When the sim you've been following and guiding for months (or years) dies of old age, and it sends you the player into a bout of depression because it feels like you lost a dear friend.

I know that feeling. I even made a slideshow of the sim's life. RIP Caleb Singleton.
  • Options
    pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    I often walk outside, look at the sky, and wonder if I have a lighting mod installed because it's bright outside. I can't count how many times I've done this. Especially weird, considering I've never had a lighting mod in my game before!
  • Options
    LOL

You know you're addicted when you not only play Sims 3, but also are playing (on rare occasion) Sims 4, Sims Medieval, and because you STILL can't get enough of simming you also started playing The Guild 2.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top