Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Too bad we have no seasons...

Comments

• Options
    Simmer_ThemisSimmer_Themis Posts: 6 New Member
    > @IceyJ said:
    > surraaaaaa wrote: »
    >
    > MrMonty96 wrote: »
    >
    > Orchid13 wrote: »
    >
    > I just saw the toddler stuff trailer, which I'm not thrilled about, mostly cause I think it's unnecessary to have a SP for them, since all these stuff would have made sense in previous SPs like backyard stuff. Anyhow, it's a shame we have no seasons, cause CAS in this SP seems to be very spring related , considering we get bee costumes and other cute animal outfits. Also the objects would be much more fun with seasons, and bigger worlds or just another world , you know, to fit in all the stuff
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > How would toddler items fit into backyard stuff when toddlers weren't even out then?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > If toddlers were out when that was released then it would have made sense to put some of these new items in that pack.... Is what shes saying and i agree. We'd all save the 10$. I bet everything in this new pack would have had a place in a previous pack.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You could say that for just about anything created for the game. So should EA just stop making packs because you believe it should have been in an older one? I think that's being unreasonable. They are a business and the goal is to make money.

I see what you mean. EA is a business and is in the business of making money, but I think I'd be happier if EA took all of these great ideas and put them all in a few EPs rather than me shelling out $10 for each SP that comes out. lol
  • Options
    CitySimmer16CitySimmer16 Posts: 331 Member
    I'm just here waiting for the CC they make with the new toddler pack coming out lmao
    FFCOojX.gif
  • Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    I'm just here waiting for the CC they make with the new toddler pack coming out lmao

Meeeee tho, I'll probably be there making some too lol
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    surraaaaaa wrote: »
    Remember the argument "should toddlers be in a free patch or a pack?"
    Looks like we are paying for them ;)
    Logical error ...
    System rebooting ...
    Analyzing post ...
    Logical error ...
    System rebooting ...
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    maybe it's just me but i read petty complaints from the same people who are never satisfied and i KNOW will find something to complain about. no surprises here. the one statement i didn't find petty and definitely support: need seasons
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    orkhid22 wrote: »
    maybe it's just me but i read petty complaints from the same people who are never satisfied and i KNOW will find something to complain about. no surprises here. the one statement i didn't find petty and definitely support: need seasons

Oh, C'mon, you have to admit that ball pit needs an overhaul. That mesh is horrible. :o I would want this pack for more toddler hair, but may wait to see if they improve these object meshes.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    orkhid22orkhid22 Posts: 2,226 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    orkhid22 wrote: »

Oh, C'mon, you have to admit that ball pit needs an overhaul. That mesh is horrible. :o I would want this pack for more toddler hair, but may wait to see if they improve these object meshes.

It honestly doesn't bother me. The object looks fun for the tots.
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    Yes, too bad. Once we get Seasons I can finally get some peace from people constantly moaning about not having it.
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    edited August 2017
    Imo Seasons should have been base-game material right now.

But I get why it isn't though.. they'd rather make a 40$ EP about it, so they can make money. Just considering how popular EP's like Pets and Seasons are, it's a great business move to just make the EP's.

I think if they made Seasons into the base-game, they could add onto it later on in future EP's. (Adding holidays, adding seasonal activities etc.) This was actually what I really liked about TS1 EP's. They also had random stuff in it, outside the general theme.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited August 2017
    Necrodog created and partially animated an entire slide, ball pit, and kiddie pool.

I just feel like this was an attempt to throw over what modders already have established. If they wanted to do that, they should've worked on the texturing of the ball pit what the, is that.
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    Remember the argument "should toddlers be in a free patch or a pack?"
    Looks like we are paying for them ;)

Funny cause we have the best toddlers of any Sims game even without parenthood and this pack.

Didn't know any time they make dlc for toddlers it means we're paying.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,194 Member
    Um well, its only in its 3 years. We probably get Seasons next year?
  • Options
    caralina1324caralina1324 Posts: 51 Member
    Seasons would be nice, I'm enjoying the game right now though.
  • Options
    surraaaaaasurraaaaaa Posts: 859 Member
    IceyJ wrote: »
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Orchid13 wrote: »
    I just saw the toddler stuff trailer, which I'm not thrilled about, mostly cause I think it's unnecessary to have a SP for them, since all these stuff would have made sense in previous SPs like backyard stuff. Anyhow, it's a shame we have no seasons, cause CAS in this SP seems to be very spring related , considering we get bee costumes and other cute animal outfits. Also the objects would be much more fun with seasons, and bigger worlds or just another world , you know, to fit in all the stuff

How would toddler items fit into backyard stuff when toddlers weren't even out then?

If toddlers were out when that was released then it would have made sense to put some of these new items in that pack.... Is what shes saying and i agree. We'd all save the 10$. I bet everything in this new pack would have had a place in a previous pack.

You could say that for just about anything created for the game. So should EA just stop making packs because you believe it should have been in an older one? I think that's being unreasonable. They are a business and the goal is to make money.

You're right, i could say that for anything created for this game because its true. This game is a money pit. Id say EAs policy is more quantity over quality, because for them its all about the money. But whatever, I know personally I can't resist new content anyway :neutral:
    And my comment about paying for toddlers was more sarcastic than serious.
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    I would love to see basic weather with dogs and cats.
  • Options
    FallenPrinceFallenPrince Posts: 928 Member
    I'd love seasons! It has been one of my fav EP's in the series. I am really hoping that they release it after Pets and after that- University.
    Although I love this new Toddler SP, the ball pit does look weird. It is a minor detail that I can get over, but I don't understand why didn't they make a sandbox or small toddler pool instead- it would have been easier to make (texture-wise).
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Hopefully they had a good reason for keeping the sandbox out of this stuff pack like saving it for Generations Seasons or a vacation pack. Even though I really wanted a sandbox its probably best we did not get it because I'd hate for it to be a toddler only object as kids should be able to use it too.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    lilimimi9lilimimi9 Posts: 22 Member
    Yeah too bad, fingers crossed ay
  • Options
    Prink34320Prink34320 Posts: 5,078 Member
    I just saw the toddler stuff trailer, which I'm not thrilled about, mostly cause I think it's unnecessary to have a SP for them, since all these stuff would have made sense in previous SPs like backyard stuff. Anyhow, it's a shame we have no seasons, cause CAS in this SP seems to be very spring related , considering we get bee costumes and other cute animal outfits. Also the objects would be much more fun with seasons, and bigger worlds or just another world , you know, to fit in all the stuff

How would toddler items fit into backyard stuff when toddlers weren't even out then?

That's exactly my point. Paying for SPs to make up for the missing toddler stuff, cause they were missing for two years.

Don't we have more stuff for Toddlers with The Sims 4's Base Game than we usually do with any The Sims Base Game?
    Live your life to the fullest, don't wait for a miracle to happen, be the miracle to make things happen.
    Sometimes your creativity is limited where you use it most, but you can use those limitations to inspire new forms of creativity you may never have thought of beforehand.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2017
    This is just silly - I recall in Sims 2 and 3 we all kept begging for toddler stuff packs and never got them - so now they give us toddler stuff packs people are complaining about that. The devs just cannot win.

As one who said I would be thrilled just to have toddler back - well I am not going to complain about a silly ball pit or the fact the devs did decide to make us a toddler sp FINALLY!!!! Just plain ridiculous. I am thrilled to have toddlers - especially done so well and even more thrilled to have a stuff pack including more hairs and clothes like people have been begging for. I'll be darned if I am going to berate the devs for making both of SOME of our wishes (OUR - meaning those of us who waited so very long for these sweet tots) for both toddlers and a stuff pack for them with adorable new hairs and clothes. To me the additional content is just icing on the cake - and for 10 bucks all that content and toddlers too - to me it is rather ludicrous to complain.

All I know is Thursday I will be downloading it and thursday evening I will be full of oohs and ahs having fun with my darling sims toddlers. I will be thanking the guru's for putting a smile on my face at a time in my life when I really need all the smiles I can get.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    zubrowkaszubrowkas Posts: 375 Member
    I don't necessarily see the correlation between wanting Seasons and there being spring clothes for toddlers, as I imagine we'd be getting winter and/or fall-specific clothing in a Seasons EP/GP. I do mind that we had to wait two years for toddlers, I do mind that we are now having to play catchup with them re: content but I don't mind that they are lacking articles of things that would be found in a pack that we don't yet have for ANY age group. I expect us to get Pets this year and I'm sure Seasons will follow that as it's clearly in demand.
  • Options
    Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited August 2017
    I sort of want a University or a Vacation pack - myself. That said - though, I am all for the ones wanting pets to get a pack for them - it's just not for me most likely.

I love pets in real life but don't much use them in the Sims. In fact had they not had horses in the pets for Sims 3 I would not have bought that pack as I felt horses were more than just pets and had a place in the game - but not so needy as pets can be in a Sims game. I have always had pets in real life - love all animals really but after Sims 1 and Sims 2 pets found them just sort of needy and burdensome - unlike real pets.

So when I heard Sims 3 pets were coming had more or less considered it a pack I didn't want- then they said horses would be in there. Changed my whole prospective seeing horses are my number 1 favorite animal. Having been raised around horses as a child - I really miss them a lot - so I folded and got the pack - but admit I rarely ever had any Sims 3 dogs in my game and only my witches had Sims 3 cats - so for me with no horses in the coming ep and no witches either - I am not the least bit excited to see them coming.

I am not a big fan of kids or toddlers manhandling pets so - I see nothing desirable in that - and right now my focus in the game is all about raising families or playing vamps - with little else in between. LOL.

But Uni or vacations - well that could fit in nicely especially for all my single sims hoping to one day start a family and to find the right mate - Uni - we just plain need. I am uncomfortable with giving my sims a college needing profession with out a college to send them to. So yeah - I really hope college and vacations are coming and witches if we must have pets as the next ep. Otherwise I will not be one to quickly consider getting a dogs and cats ep for sure.

Weather I can take or leave as I can't really see this game design of Sims 4 being much more than fx weather and nothing as great as Sims 3's weather was. Sims 2 weather is horrid and I actually still love Sims 2 but not the weather in it. I see Sims 4 weather going back to Sims 2 design - of fx fakeness just because of the game design and backdrops. Maybe I am wrong - but I don't know - I am just not looking forward to it. (Keep in mind Sims 3 seasons was one of my favorite top 3 Sims packs of all times and the only one that had weather of those top 3 games - but Sims 4 I do not believe will ever be able to hold a candle to Sims 3 weather. I mean cars have exhaust, rain kicking up on the street with car tires, the sims breath shows when they talk outside. The reality is mind boggling in Sims 3! But cartoon weather? - I think I'll pass if it is what I think it will be. I'm just not excited to see it in Sims 4. LOL. I keep picturing rain puddles that look like jello - lol.

Edit- I change my mind - I have to admit Sims 4 pets is looking very good after all - even without horses.

I think I need to stop pre-judging so much - man Create a pet lets us paint colors - now I want that in Create a Sim too.

Everytime I think - nah Sims 4 can't do something I'll love - it goes and does exactly that. The new hairs and some of the clothing - the new world - and CAP well - usable window seats - Vet Career - and even taking our sims pets to vets. Total win.

Darn I am sold and not a horse in sight. LOL. Now maybe after all if there is a Seasons I need to stop comparing to what they did in Sims 1-2- and 3 - and just wait and see what they actually do in Sims 4.

Remind me the next time I run my mouth in anti - Sims 4 anything - to just shut up and wait and see. Shesh!
    LOL.
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• Options
    PugLove888PugLove888 Posts: 674 Member

If toddlers were out when that was released then it would have made sense to put some of these new items in that pack.... Is what shes saying and i agree. We'd all save the 10$. I bet everything in this new pack would have had a place in a previous pack.

I disagree, since if they had included Toddler stuff in the Backyard SP, then that would have taken the place of many of the actual things we did get in the Backyard EP. :'( We also would get less Toddler stuff if they had done this because they would still need to include some of the backyard items. :s This way we get more items. :) They wouldn't simply just add the toddler items to the backyard items -- they would cull some of it leaving us with less, even though we paid less for it. I'd rather pay more for what I want instead of less for half of what I want.
    Home is where your Pugs are! <3
  • Options
    MadIrisMadIris Posts: 594 Member
    A pool would've been better than that giant froot loops bowl

Gooey fruit loops bowl

I'm hungry.
  • Options
    laazygnomelaazygnome Posts: 255 Member
    Well hopefully seasons is the next expansion after cats and dogs.