Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One room, One week, One theme

Comments

• Options
    jazzunicornsjazzunicorns Posts: 185 Member
    And again I've been AFK for too long... great to see so many submissions again!!!

@StangMix2 - Love the shape of your room and the use of that cute whale rug <3 Super colourful and cozy.
    @vickyloo - Classic! Love the windows you chose; looks like a boat.
    @WhiteMojo - Love the feel of this room and how you made a tiny ice fishing pond! Looks like Phil is inside an igloo or somehow has built a house on a frozen lake. Totally innovative.
    @MadRadMandee - Great use of the fish plaques and also the pool life saver! Super cute! I also really like the stove placed in the island.
    @MyFavoritedesign -Great modern design! Love the chainlink between the two bars and how clean everything looks. Hilarious screencap of your sim fishing in the fish tank XD
    @Jessiejessan - Very pretty and traditional with all the wood. Love the "cabinet" with all the trophy fish.
    @coolsim9999999 - Love the fish shape. Looks like Phil could throw a ton of cool dance parties in such a colourful room!
    @ARADEMIS212 - The dining nook is my favourite - so cute! I also like how the fish tank just blends in with the counters.
    @fizzlegig - Great use of the wood burning stove and the wood pile (that I've only ever used outdoors). Matches super well with the walls (which I think are from Vampires but I'm really bad at remembering what stuff came with each pack).
    @StSciurus - Phil's house looks great! I feel like I could totally use this as a vacation lot in Granite Falls!
    @Laebeth - Love all the paintings you used... and also the fish on the counter! Too cool. Also the island surrounding the fish tank looks awesome.
    @lsnishi - The floor art/carpeting looks fantastic. It really feels like a fish bowl!
    @carolynrosser - Reminds me of Bob's Burgers... but seafood. Awesome! I can only hope you used this as a tiny restaurant somewhere in your game. I love the design and the tacky wallpaper in the dining room!
    @Ainsleyf - Really loving that giant fish hanging over the fireplace and the (possibly discarded) fish on the island. The picnic tables really make it feel like a cabin in the woods. Cool!
    @emere - Love it! Looks like a super cute diner. The wallpaper brings out a kitschy party vibe, while maintaining a clean looking kitchen.
    @steskens - Lovely colours and sort of minimalist vibe. The added clutter and fish plaques make it look homey as well.
    @WrathofCath - Great colour scheme. I really like the wall hanging and art above the backwards facing bar. I never thought to do that! It just looks like glass storage, which totally works. I love how busy it is without being overwhelming.
    @marellinor - Loving that circular island with visible storage. It looks a bit rustic, which is great for this theme. I really like the wood end wall decorations (I forget what they're called, which is embarrassing.)

Awesome job everyone!
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Thank you @jazzunicorn for your nice comment about my kitchen. <3
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    illusieillusie Posts: 13,819 Member
    edited August 2017
    Congrats @SerraNolwen and @Corwim on the Maxis fav!
  • Options
    WhiteMojoWhiteMojo Posts: 126 Member
    @emere wow this room really pops. And of course chips go with fish, can’t imagine why everyone missed that one. Great idea.
    @steskens your room has such a gentle feel to it.
    @WrathofCath matching hues in Sims4 work of art.
    @marellinor Your room has such a lovely country feel to it, well worn and loved.
    @jazzunicorns I think the poor quality screen shots have helped you create the most grunge kitchen of all time. I just want to get out the mop and start cleaning. Great creation.

Thanks to everyone for their kind comments and helping me to become a member with likes and awesome clicks, much appreciated.
    JeJUZyk.png
  • Options
    carolynrossercarolynrosser Posts: 438 Member
    Thanks so much for your nice comments, @Laebeth and @jazzunicorns!!!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    Sjemmie03Sjemmie03 Posts: 55 Member
    Challenge 124
    Theme for the week: a kitchen for a fisherman
    Gallery name of room: Fish Tank Kitchen
    Origin id: sjemmie

Pictures:
    https://imgur.com/xwW8k0e
    https://imgur.com/vkaG5PE
    https://imgur.com/WllYQma
    https://imgur.com/y2JZ021
    https://imgur.com/8TPmkZU
  • Options
    MyFavoritedesignMyFavoritedesign Posts: 1,458 Member
    Wow! @Sjemmie03 So beautiful room!
    7HX1Vwg.png
  • Options
    Thanks! @MyFavoritedesign

Also thanks to @coolsim9999999 & @rosemow for your kind words. It's been going on for almost a year now..but slowly getting better. Some day are worse than others, but at least i can still play the sims.

@ All of you...Thanks so much for all the lovely comments in the past. It makes the days a little bit better! You're awesome, all of you!
  • Options
    marellinormarellinor Posts: 39 Member
    Thank you all so much for your lovely comments! @rosemow @fizzlegig @Laebeth -thank you for the welcome! @jazzunicorns @WhiteMojo
  • Options
    coolsim9999999coolsim9999999 Posts: 5,101 Member
    edited August 2017
    Speaking of the Freezer Bunny from last week's rooms, in my non-challenge game, Maureen Sullivan just tricked her sister Candice into believing that the Freezer Bunny is real...lol :o! I didn't know that social came with the Parenthood pack B)! That's a great one for Sim children :D!
    4kkjdXo.png

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Fish Tank Kitchen is such a very pretty kitchen! @Sjemmie03 :) The fish tank with all the fish, plants, and the blue wavy walls looks so lovely! It is very, very creative how you have designed it! Very nice layout of the kitchen. The brown, blue and white colour scheme looks very nice. Very nice dining area for Philip to enjoy sitting at the table eating his meals, and the little lantern lights are a nice touch on top of the table. It is great that there is a bar in the room, for him to enjoy having a drink from the bar whilst looking at the fish in the tank. The drinks display shelf looks great on the wall there. The island double stoves and drinks counter is very creatively created! The patterned wall divider in the middle of it dividing off the stove side, and the plants and lantern lights either sides, looks so great! It is nice that the other side is drinks themed, with the coffee machine, teabags and mugs rack. The fish menu board, large fish themed painting, fish banner fishing rods and fish collection plaque are special themed items that look great in the room. Very nice sink nook. The wall knives and wall utensils are great touches there. It is great that there is a special table with tools that Philip uses to prepare the fish for cooking.
    It is a very creatively furnished kitchen! Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge! :)
    Sending a hug to you with the pain you experience with your arm <3
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited August 2017
    What a wonderful idea to turn your kitchen into a fulblown fish restaurant @carolynrosser ! Love the floor patterns and wall paper you used to create an ocean atmosphere for your restaurant and the kitchen itself has a great rustic look. B)

Such a gorgeous rustic kitchen @Ainsleyf ! Love the colour scheme and all the detail and clutter in the decorations, gives it such a personal and lived in feel, wonderful job!

Fantastic kitchen @emere ! Gorgeous black and blue colour combination in the kitchen and love that you incorporated bright yellow around the dinner tables to kick it up a notch, a gorgeous design!

Another beautiful kitchen @steskens ! Loving the contemporary look and the blue/white colour scheme!

Oh wow, stunning kitchen @WrathofCath ! Beautiful colours, love th use of those round windows, that cozy fireplace and that MOOd together centerpiece is genius, fantastic job!

Lovely kitchen @marellinor ! The kitchen has such a wonderful beach feel and outdoorsy atmosphere to it, great use of colour and decorations, love it!

Fantastic interpretation for this week's challenge @jazzunicorns , and a very unique design! Love how you made the kitchen so worn down through smart furniture and decorations choices. B)

@Sjemmie03 Wow, what a gorgeous kitchen! Wonderful colours, superb MOO work (love that kitchen island) and that aquarium: stunning work!

Thank you so much for the congrats @WrathofCath and @illusie ! :)
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    Wow!! Look at all the fantastic kitchens! Take a bow everyone <3

Here's mine:

Phillip Lures is a Fisherman. He loves to spend his free time experimenting with new recipes for his day's catch. It's good he is a loner because he constantly smells like chum. He's request for a new kitchen #oneroomoneweekonetheme may put a little pep in his step.
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    The layout and furnishing of Philip Lures Kitchen looks very nice! @BUTTONSGINGER :) It looks such a very warming and homely kitchen! The stone paving flooring, and the combination of the weathered wooden and brick wall textures gives a very nice look and feel to the room. The rips in the walls look great! Very nice fireplace dining area in the room! It looks nice the way that the half wall separates off the cooking and dining areas. He will enjoy sitting at the wooden picnic table style dining table eating his fish meals, and the basket of eggs is a nice home touch on top of the table. He will enjoy relaxing in the armchair near the fire after his meal, looking proudly at the large mounted fish on the wall, that reminds him of the fishing trips when he caught them! He will enjoy having a drink from the globe bar with his fish meal. The lantern light is a nice touch on the table beside the armchair . The fish bowls are a nice touch on the fireplace, for him to keep his caught fish in. The large cactus plant in the corner nook looks great! Very nice cooking area! The rustic type of kitchen cabinets and counters used, and the placement of them, looks very nice. It is great that there is a BBQ in the room for him to cook his meals on. It is great that he has cooler in the kitchen, ready for him to take with him on his fishing trips. The fruit wall picture, hanging pans, wall utensils, dish rack and olive oil bottles wall shelf are nice kitchen touches. The aquariums are special touches in the room. It is great that he has taken a picture of his fish dish and placed it on the wall.
    Your simversion of Philip is very nice! :) The brown and green colour scheme of his clothing looks very nice. It is a special photo of him proudly holding up a fish that he has caught <3 His traits and aspiration suit him well.
    Thankyou very much for entering this week's challenge ! :)
  • Options
    Thanks, @Corwim and @Laebeth for your nice comments!

@steskens: Your kitchen is so pretty! I love the blue 🐸🐸🐸🐸 willows on the table and the scary-looking fish on the counter, waiting to be cooked!

@WrathofCath: What a gorgeous room! So many great details. I really love the way you put together the decor behind the bar.

@marellinor: Your kitchen is really pretty, and I love the rustic feel of it. I feel like you've put a lot of thought into every detail!

@jazzunicorns: I love your weirdly sinister kitchen! I don't know what's going on with Philip, but I'm very suspicious that it's more than just fishing. Awesome take on the theme--you made everything look so perfectly sleazy!

@Sjemmie03: Beautiful room! I really love the wall-sized aquarium and the way you used the wall divider to separate the cooking area from the dining area. And the fish...collage? on the wall is very impressive, and also a little bit scary. :)

@BUTTONSGINGER: Great room! I really like the touches of shabbiness you've added, and using the grill that way is very cool! It looks like Philip is very happy there. :)
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    @rosemow I am so glad you've enjoyed my version of Phillip's kitchen. It is so touching that you take the time to comment so nicely on every aspect of each rooms objects. You are so kind to us. I am so happy I finally had time to participate in your challenge this week!

@carolynrosser Thank you so much for your kind words about my room. I love to cook on the grill in RL, so I figured Phillip would most enjoy his fish cooked that way. He will also be living " off the grid" so that is why he has a grill and no fridge in his kitchen.
  • Options
    Dangerous12AngelDangerous12Angel Posts: 231 Member
    edited August 2017
    @carolynrosser I like how you divided the kitchen from the dining area. love the decor you used!
    @Ainsleyfr I like the cabin style kitchen! Love the fishing rods on the wall and the decor.
    @emere love the blue color on the walls and the wall on the dinning area is really fun! I also like the blue and yellow scheme. It could be a small family restaurant ;)
    @steskens I love the blue you used for the cabinets, really beautiful in combo with white and black!
    @carolynrosser hahahaha! That neighbor is so 🐸🐸🐸🐸!
    @WrathofCath I love it!! Blue and white and the amazing design yu=ou made on the wall... awesome! The waves, the sun, the boat and the fish, wow <3<3 really beautiful.
    @marellinor looks amazing the opened doors with a beautiful view of the ocean! Very nice the decor and the white of the room with some hints of blue, awesome!!
    @ jazzunicorns love the messy kitchen and the pots in the sink, very creative!
    @Sjemmie03 love the fish tank and the kitchen decors with the black & white scheme. Also the cabinets, I really like how you placed them <3
    @BUTTONSGINGER love the kitchen! the decor, color scheme is my fav, the chair with the end table in front of the fireplace looks really awesome <3
    So many amazing rooms!
    Thank you for the lovely comment <3<3
    Sorry if I missed anyone...pretty sure your room is really amazing!!
  • Options
    LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    Hi Everyone :) so many fantastic designs for the fisherman's kitchen! I couldn't get inspiration from this week's theme. I love eating fish but as decorations lol not too sure. Sorry guys, so many entries and still getting used to how this thread and forum thing works but I would like to comment on a couple of rooms, oops lol seems I got carried away with commenting, hope I didn't miss anyone :)

@StangMix2 I think I may have seen and commented on your A Fisherman's Kitchen in the gallery. So wonderfully blue and I love how you shaped the room!

@vickyloo your Fisherman P Kitchen is great in colours and textures. I love all the wood with the accents of blues everywhere!

@WhiteMojo your Ice Fishing really looks just like what it says it is. I can imagine it would be very cold outside brrr! great design!

@MadRadMandee your Papa's Gone Fishin' Again has a great name and a seriously cosy old pub kinda look!

@MyFavoritedesign your Modern Kitchen is soo aqua blue, crisp and clean. I am going to check it out in the gallery!

@Jessiejessan your True Fisherman's Kitchen is wonderfully deep, warm and inviting. Love the deep blue curtain placement and especially the cabinet of fish trophies surrounded by fish tanks!

@coolsim9999999 your Fried Fish for Philip fish room shape design is just spectacular, colourful and so creative!

@ARADEMIS212 your Red-fish Gourmet is really lovely. I love the way you curled that kitchen around most of the walls and that little eating nook is super cosy!

@fizzlegig your Mr Fisher's Kitchen very classically rustic :) Love the stone floor and solid wood panelling, gives the room a real natural feel!

@StSciurus your Phil's Phisching Schack is wonderfully named and has a great natural rustic feeling! It kinda reminds me of Shrek's cosy little home, especially the way you placed the small dining table in front of the fireplace :)

@Laebeth your Fishing for Compliments room has a great name for starters and you created such an elegant kitchen - love the blue!

@Inishi your Fishbowl again great name and I love the way you placed those fish floor rugs!

@carolynrosser your Dad's Diner the contrast between the two halves of the room is really striking!

@Ainsleyf your Fishing Lodge Kitchen is so warm & inviting. Love all the clutter items!

@emere your Fish & Chips Kitchen that deep blue tiled wall is perfect!

@steskens your Blue Fish is lovely & modern, the unpolished wood plank flooring is a great contrast to the sleek deep blue counters!

@WrathofCath I already saw your upload and left a comment on your Fish Tales - great kitchen, really inviting space! Its cool because of the blue tones and warm because of the content including the cosy fireplace!

@marellinor your The Seaside Kitchen is just that :) a wonderfully airy seaside kitchen. So light and bright, plenty of clutter which adds a real cosiness to the room too!

@jazzunicorns your Deap Sea Canteen has a great name and whowa! that grimy look is super creative :) love the way you added the splash of bright blue in the room with the creative tank!

@Sjemmie03 your Fish Tank Kitchen is so lovely & colourful :) Love the way you merged those fish into the picture on the wall! That fish tank is just superb!

@BUTTONSGINGER your Phillip Lures Kitchen is a wonderfully warm fisherman's kitchen. Love the use of that stone flooring!

Congratulations to @SerraNolwen and @Corwim for your Maxis faves for your Freezer Bunny entries!

Looking forward to this week's theme @rosemow
  • Options
    Hello @LightSands1 :) Simmers enjoy you commenting on their rooms, but you and everyone don't need to feel that they are required to post on the other rooms :) It is appreciated but just knowing that you have enjoyed looked at the rooms would be very encouraging to them.
    I look forward to you entering the next theme if you are able to :)
  • Options
    LightSands1LightSands1 Posts: 96 Member
    Thank you @rosemow. I realise that I didn't need to, I figured it was the least I could do since I didn't enter a room this week. After seeing everyone's entries I feel inspired to take on the next challenge, no matter what the topic will be! :)
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Thank you, @LightSands1 , for your lovely comment! :smiley:
  • Options
    Thanks for your nice comments, @LightSands1 and @ARADEMIS212!
    6UGz4SO.jpg
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    Wow, gorgeous kitchen @BUTTONSGINGER , and great fisherman sim as well! :) Never thought about using that floor pattern indoors, but it works beautifully for your kitchen. I also love that you incoporated the barbeque! Wonderful design! B)

Thank you so much for the congrats @LightSands1 ! :)
  • Options
    Thanks for your lovely comments @Corwim, @carolynrosser, @LightSands1 & @ARADEMIS212.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top