Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What if Pets is a GP instead and there is a unknown EP coming?

Since there is only cats and dogs as far as big pets that we know of, it could come in the form of a gamepack like the concept of vampires did. I know there is some type of placemark or something set for Cats & Dogs in some stores, but does it say EP or is it just not stated. Since there is no confirmed picture/cover then maybe.

Personally, I'd be fine with an EP although I not excited about it. I want collecting, small pets, ability to breed/sell pets like IRL, pets not controllable so we can get as many as we want, a pet store, a vet place with a job, and more fish & containers. That would excite me, but not sure they would fit all that in a GP even though the camping with it's secret place was a GP, I think.

Anyways, just thinking out loud since there are only two big animals in this. Seems awfully small(just cats/dogs) for a whole EP. There has to be so much more for an EP or a GP would fit it. Would certainly surprise many simmers. :) Thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    Simfan923Simfan923 Posts: 5,551 Member
    Pets being a GP can be very very bad or very very good depending on how well it’s done. Let’s just be honest and say that GPS generally get more hype and overall approval from the community. I mean the level of excitement is just mind blowing. So a Pets GP could potentially be better if it only contained dogs and cats however there are probably a number of things that go into a Pets EP that wouldn’t make it in a GP. So it’s a question of quality; how much is lost if it’s in a GP versus an EP.
    1FKDfKj.png
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    If Cats And Dogs is done as well as vampires were done, it could absolutely be a GP. That would mean the EP could be something really great like University or Seasons.
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    It was priced as an EP, and so I have no reason to believe otherwise.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Vampires utilized existing models, animations, and routing. Not comparable to a pets pack which has to add in new assets exclusive to cats, and dogs.

Long story short, pets will not be a game pack.
  • Options
    FloppyFishFloppyFish Posts: 3,881 Member
    NOooo please.
    Mafia Stats
    Games Played: 14 | Games Won: 8 | Games Lost: 6
    Times Town: 9 | Times Mafia: 2 | Times 3rd: 2
    Town Wins: 6 | Mafia Wins: 1 | 3rd Wins: 1
    Deaths: 8

• Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    OEII1001 wrote: »

Just curious @OEII1001, but where is the price listed?
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Not going to happen.

Pets will be a 40$ EP.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    edited August 2017
    No way are they creating all those pet models create a pet and all those new animations for a game pack never going to happen. Also why in the world would they put out Pets one of their best sellers as a $20 pack when they know it sells well as a $40 expansion.

I think you are giving Sims 4 way to much credit Cat and Dogs makes total sense for Sims 4 as the expansions have been smaller with less detail. Sure in the past we got cats dogs and horses with smaller pets but this is Sims 4 where expansion features are held and sold off in game packs/stuff packs.
    Post edited by ChadSims2 on
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    megiare wrote: »

On the eastern European website where they found the 'Cats and Dogs' name. It was priced at the equivalent of $40 US.
  • Options
    megiaremegiare Posts: 421 Member
    megiare wrote: »

On the eastern European website where they found the 'Cats and Dogs' name. It was priced at the equivalent of $40 US.

ah okay, thanks. I was confused because I haven't seen/heard anything solid US wise. I'm a tad out of the loop lol. TY
    aD9wyNW.jpg
  • Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Too much content for a GP
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TrimothTrimoth Posts: 418 Member
    I would be thrilled if this were the case
    tumblr_np609wKvSy1ssn1m9o2_540.jpg

Origin id: trimoth

• Options
    MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    No. .
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    I think that's actually a clever idea. It would be a good marketing strategy: give the community what we've been asking for, just not in the way we thought we would get it. And then to drop an unknown EP on us? That would be awesome. I'm with the OP here, I think it's a good tactic.
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    I think that's probably just wishful thinking.
  • Options
    PixelsimmerPixelsimmer Posts: 2,351 Member
    edited August 2017
    If pets were a GP I'd be happy because (I) GPs are usually good quality so they would stil be well made; and (II) most importantly, there would still be a chance we would get a big addition (seasons or university?) in an EP this year (never cared too much for pets so I feel like they're "wasting" this year's EP on them).

However I doubt it. They know pets are a big seller so they will want people to pay full EP price for them (even if it's half the content that we got in TS3).
  • Options
    asa144asa144 Posts: 606 Member
    That would make my day, especially if the unknown EP is University. I doubt it though.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    davina1221 wrote: »
    Since there is only cats and dogs as far as big pets that we know of, it could come in the form of a gamepack like the concept of vampires did. I know there is some type of placemark or something set for Cats & Dogs in some stores, but does it say EP or is it just not stated. Since there is no confirmed picture/cover then maybe.

Personally, I'd be fine with an EP although I not excited about it. I want collecting, small pets, ability to breed/sell pets like IRL, pets not controllable so we can get as many as we want, a pet store, a vet place with a job, and more fish & containers. That would excite me, but not sure they would fit all that in a GP even though the camping with it's secret place was a GP, I think.

Anyways, just thinking out loud since there are only two big animals in this. Seems awfully small(just cats/dogs) for a whole EP. There has to be so much more for an EP or a GP would fit it. Would certainly surprise many simmers. :) Thoughts.

I'm fine with Pets being a GP. If that's the case I hope the next ep this year is either a carnival theme,vacations or a romantic theme. If it's a vacation I'd like to have both a Tropical and Alpine location.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Vampires utilized existing models, animations, and routing. Not comparable to a pets pack which has to add in new assets exclusive to cats, and dogs.

Long story short, pets will not be a game pack.

Oh I didn't think of that. At anyrate even if Pets is the EP I'm hoping we still get a Gamepack this Fall.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    No way are they creating all those pet models create a pet and all those new animations for a game pack never going to happen. Also why in the world would they put out Pets one of their best sellers as a $20 pack when they know it sells well as a $40 expansion.

I think you are giving Sims 4 way to much credit Cat and Dogs makes total sense for Sims 4 as the expansions have been smaller with less detail. Sure in the past we got cats dogs and horses with smaller pets but this is Sims 4 where expansion features are held and sold off in game packs/stuff packs.

There could be other features as well -- maybe we get an active Veterinarian career, or if your Sims aren't in the Vet career there'd be an NPC Vet where you can take your pets for treatment and grooming.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »

There could be other features as well -- maybe we get an active Veterinarian career, or if your Sims aren't in the Vet career there'd be an NPC Vet where you can take your pets for treatment and grooming.

that would be great
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    Simsfan99111Simsfan99111 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I think it could have made a good gamepack as it frees up an expansion slot but maybe the development was more extensive that that of a gamepack so they made it an ep. Im not sure how it works. I would prefer seasons next as im not really a pet player i know alot of other people are excited though.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    I don't think pets will fit into a game pack.

All those types of breeds of cats and dogs, other small animals.
    Seem to big for a game pack.

Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I hope any pets' pack is a GP and they are working on something better for an EP. If pets is the EP this year it's too long to wait for something better next year like seasons or some other idea.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited August 2017
    Pets looking like sims playing pets?
    Please no!
    There are so much that need to be done. From how they look to objects and interactions. And there are going to be a lot of it, because The Sims 4 is going to give us pets we can customize from breeds and collars, pets who can interact with elders, adults, teens, children and toddlers and objects that pets will be needing. There is so much so it won't be a game pack.
    +Think about the big dogs and small dogs. The aging that must be done for pets, puppies and kittens and their ghosts and gravestones once they pass on. Pets aren't sims. The Sims 4 already has sims.