Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TheSims3.com Undergoing Maintenance

Comments

• Options
    LieseMietzeLieseMietze Posts: 74 Member
    Yayy ! Pics are up. Looks good at the moment. :D:D
  • Options
    romagi1romagi1 Posts: 6,988 Member
    You have cover pics?? (pout) I only found a few in a couple of the categories that had the cover shot. Most are still blank and missing for me.
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    edited July 2017
    Hi everyone. My friend @romagi1 told me about this issue, so I went to check it out. This is what I see right now under the "Lots" category (just a few pics showing up):

cIN1fKw.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    That is true, the pics which were uploaded and shown with only icons stay that way. I guess, you have to upload your stuff new.
    But pictures from now on are shown normally. The ingame pics work again, but the older ones stay as icon.
    Hopefully it will be fixed now. I just uploaded two sims and a lot. Looks fine for me so far, but I couldn't check, if they show correcty in exchange. Takes some time :)
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    I noticed the memory pictures on my page were all broken yesterday.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2017
    That is true, the pics which were uploaded and shown with only icons stay that way. I guess, you have to upload your stuff new.
    But pictures from now on are shown normally. The ingame pics work again, but the older ones stay as icon.
    Hopefully it will be fixed now. I just uploaded two sims and a lot. Looks fine for me so far, but I couldn't check, if they show correcty in exchange. Takes some time :)

Yes, I believe you are correct that once uploaded with no pic they stay that way. When I had looked I saw what sandy is showing except at the time I looked there was one pic and the following 3 where blank again. Her pic from an hour after I checked does show more pic finally coming thru! This morning all seems to be well!

Thank You to whomever for getting the Exchange fixed!!!!
  • Options
    SandraelleSandraelle Posts: 6,146 Member
    romagi1 wrote: »

Yes, I believe you are correct that once uploaded with no pic they stay that way. When I had looked I saw what sandy is showing except at the time I looked there was one pic and the following 3 where blank again. Her pic from an hour after I checked does show more pic finally coming thru! This morning all seems to be well!

Thank You to whomever for getting the Exchange fixed!!!!

Yay!!! And yes, thank you for getting it fixed!
  • Options
    Lexers615Lexers615 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Just went to The Exchange, and about 30% of the items I checked had corrupted thumbnails...
    My Studio
    My Traits: Socially Awkward / Artistic / Family Oriented / Hopelessly Romantic / Absent Minded
    Academic Trait: Adventurous
    Social Group Trait (Should I ever become "Nerd" enough): Computer Whiz
    ______
    “Instead of putting players in the role of Luke Skywalker, or Frodo Baggins, I'd rather put them in the role of George Lucas.” Will Wright
    "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong." Cpt. Edward A. Murphy Jr, USAF
    Exchange_zpsioa8tt1v.jpg
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited July 2017
    Some time last year I loaded several base game only male Sims to the Exchange because someone asked me to. They all ended up with just an icon. I made a big post in the forum where I posted pictures and descriptions of all of them. A few people downloaded them. EA deleted all of them after a few weeks. I didn't bother loading them again. They were old Sims I'd originally made when I only had a base game.
  • Options
    Has anyone else noticed the Exchange is not quite working right? I think it broke sometime early this morning. There was a sim uploaded almost 4 hours ago and has yet to show on the Exchange. The lots are arranged wacky and downloads are slowly going down.

@SimGuruDrake, could you check into it? Please.....
  • Options
    I noticed the same problem, I uploaded a sim this morning and he showed up in my studio, but not in exchange. In addition, for few days now, the ingame pictures don't come out properly also. Some pictures show up immediatly others we have to try more times, to get them up.
    For storytellers it's a mess.
  • Options
    hexe58hexe58 Posts: 36 Member
    Good evening! Unfortunately, I can only confirm that the exchange is not running, ask for the maintenance of the exchange thank you in front of it B)
  • Options
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    Might want to contact the @EA_Mage also since they are doing forum stuff now too. Perhaps they can get in touch with whoever is supposed to fix that kind of stuff. :)
  • Options
    bekkasan wrote: »
    Might want to contact the @EA_Mage also since they are doing forum stuff now too. Perhaps they can get in touch with whoever is supposed to fix that kind of stuff. :)

Thanks @bekkasan, I did not realize that!

@SimGuruDrake and @EA_Mage, could someone be notified that the Exchange is broke? Thank You!
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake and @EA_Mage, can you please pass, that not only the Exchange isn't working for days now, also the ingame pictures are laggy and problems with changing our Avatars to uploaded Sims. If you did already, can you give us a note please ? Thank you !
  • Options
    Good morning! :) Is there anything new about the exchange of Sim3 we already worked on it? Why aren't we told? Love greetings and a nice Wednesday all users B)<3o:)
  • Options
    foxlordfoxlord Posts: 645 Member
    hexe58 wrote: »
    Good morning! :) Is there anything new about the exchange of Sim3 we already worked on it? Why aren't we told? Love greetings and a nice Wednesday all users B)<3o:)

Yeah, stony silence, only punctuated by crickets. ;)
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    foxlord wrote: »
    hexe58 wrote: »

Yeah, stony silence, only punctuated by crickets. ;)

Hahahahahaha na then I hope the a cricket what white, dear grin laugh beautiful Wednesday still very quietly
  • Options
    "Invalid CSRF token." Please try again. What does that mean to me again ? We already got used to that in German Forum. It avoids us even from talking /writing with each other. Is there any maintainence going on ? Happy wednesday anyway.
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake and @EA_Mage, yes, some word of what is going on would be much appreciated!
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited August 2017
    It's still broken today (09 Aug), I just tried to upload a lot. The lot and it's pictures do show up in my studio at least, last time it was broken the pictures never loaded.
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    Hi all,

We are aware of the current issues with the Sims 3 exchange and this is being looked into. As soon as I have any further info, I will let you know.

For the CRF token issues on the forums - this is also under investigation. I would recommend refreshing the forum page 2 to 3 times in a row, that should clear that error at least for a little while.
  • Options
    Mrknowitall526Mrknowitall526 Posts: 386 Member
    EA_Mage wrote: »
    Hi all,

We are aware of the current issues with the Sims 3 exchange and this is being looked into. As soon as I have any further info, I will let you know.

For the CRF token issues on the forums - this is also under investigation. I would recommend refreshing the forum page 2 to 3 times in a row, that should clear that error at least for a little while.

Great! Also are you aware that several of the "announcement" posts are not stickied to the top any more?? @EA_Mage
  • Options
    EA_MageEA_Mage Posts: 1,354 EA Staff (retired)
    @Mrknowitall526 Did not know that :smile:

I fixed the 2 I found, if there are more, let me know.

Thanks.