Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Resource not working?

I hope this is the right section...

Anyway, I'm trying to download some clothes off of TSR. It's worked for me before, but lately, I haven't been able to download anything except hair and some furniture from there. I try to open it up with WinRAR and it tells me that the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged. Is there any way for me to get it to work?

Comments

• Options
    DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    It might be a corrupted download. Did you try to download the corrupted file again?
  • Options
    LyndieFoxLyndieFox Posts: 220 Member
    I haven't tried downloading anything again. It's almost every download doing it.
  • Options
    DecrainDecrain Posts: 893 Member
    It happens sometimes for me. sometimes internet isn't working correctly and downloads get corrupted. But after some time (sometimes few minutes, sometimes hours or on another day - it downloads correctly).
  • Options
    It's been doing this for a few weeks...
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    Try going to MTS instead. You'll have to create an account, but it's free.
  • Options
    I already have, but I wanted more stuff for my kids and toddlers, and they don't have a huge selection of that.
  • Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    You might need to try getting another copy of your unzipping program like I did with 7Zip when mine stopped working.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    I think that it has to do with the actual site because I've been having problems with it for a while also and now it seems that everyone else is too.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • Options
    I downloaded something from TSR just yesterday and was able to open the file with 7Zip so the issue could be your unzipping tool might've gotten corrupted and I had to download a new 7Zip recently and the new one is working.
  • Options
    It looks like a new download from TSR I downloaded yesterday did install into my game and I'll test it in the game as soon as I can.Anybody having problems might need to reinstall new unzipping tool files like I did to 7Zip.
  • Options
    pepperw1pepperw1 Posts: 487 Member
    You can also get Extract Now. It's free and you can extract several files at a time, as well as it will extract different types of files. You can even set the destination , under settings, to were you want the file to be extracted to. I've found it better than all the other unzipping tools out there. But that's just me.
  • Options
    lucymj2000lucymj2000 Posts: 400 Member
    I've been using TSR for a few days and its been fine, a few hours ago i downloaded some stuff and it showed up. So it could be your pc or the file your downloading.
  • Options
    I just tested yesterday's download from TSR in my game and it's fine so the issue could be a bad browser update or an unzipping tool gone bad and it would need to be reinstalled.I use 7Zip and it's working fine though I updated to a newer version recently.
  • Options
    LauraS1222LauraS1222 Posts: 1 New Member
    Its a package file you put it in your mods folder in packages simply easy you just can't open it cause its not .zip
  • Options
    XxLenaxXXxLenaxX Posts: 1 New Member
    kan iemand me helpen? Want ik kan kleding en haar enzo downloaden maar als ik dan naar sims 4 ga heb ik niets..,? hoe komt dat eerst werkte het wel, Maar op en dag was alles weg en nu werkt het niet meer. Kan iemand me uitleggen hoe dat komt? ♥
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,289 Member
    @XxLenaxX,
    XxLenaxX wrote: »
    kan iemand me helpen? Want ik kan kleding en haar enzo downloaden maar als ik dan naar sims 4 ga heb ik niets..,? hoe komt dat eerst werkte het wel, Maar op en dag was alles weg en nu werkt het niet meer. Kan iemand me uitleggen hoe dat komt? ♥

You might want to ask this over in The Sims 4 section as this is The Sims 3 section... ;)
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-modding-and-custom-content
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    TSR works fine for me two days ago I downloaded about a hundred files from there (redid all my CC to clean up my game) and didn't have a single problem. I do get their 'we are having some technical issues' page a lot though even though I'm a VIP there (they tell you to subscribe to get rid of it well that doesn't really work >.>)
  • Options
    cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    I have problems with tsr like every other time I use it, which is not very often, so I forget and keep using it, then get frustrated again :p
  • Options
    Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    edited August 2017

Dutch. One of the gateway languages. Good. :lol: Lena here, for fellow English speakers, I believe she downloaded some CC and can't get it to show up in game? It used to show up, but doesn't anymore.

@XxLenaxX Hallo! :smile: Ik kan helpen (probeer...Ik kan niet goed Dutch typen. :( Sorry!)

Kun je Engles typen/le.zen?

In Sims 4 under "Options" ... "Other" there is a box that needs to be checked for mods to be enabled. "Enable Custom Content and Mods." Click the box to check it and see if your downloaded items show up.

Also make sure you put them in Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods

I don't know if I can type all of that in Dutch without it being gibberish, so if a native Dutch speaker could translate that'd be awesome. :smile:@GrijzePilion I know you're Dutch. :3

I really feel bad about how lazy I have been in my language persuits. They'd help so much right now! Agh!
  • Options
    Namaya92Namaya92 Posts: 934 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »

Dutch. One of the gateway languages. Good. :lol: Lena here, for fellow English speakers, I believe she downloaded some CC and can't get it to show up in game? It used to show up, but doesn't anymore.

@XxLenaxX Hallo! :smile: Ik kan helpen (probeer...Ik kan niet goed Dutch typen. :( Sorry!)

Kun je Engles typen/le.zen?

In Sims 4 under "Options" ... "Other" there is a box that needs to be checked for mods to be enabled. "Enable Custom Content and Mods." Click the box to check it and see if your downloaded items show up.

Also make sure you put them in Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods

I don't know if I can type all of that in Dutch without it being gibberish, so if a native Dutch speaker could translate that'd be awesome. :smile:@GrijzePilion I know you're Dutch. :3

I really feel bad about how lazy I have been in my language persuits. They'd help so much right now! Agh!

Here you go in dutch @XxLenaxX :smile:
    In sims 4 onder 'opties' en dan 'overige' zie je een vakje dat aangevinkt moet worden om mods te kunnen zien in-game. Dit vinkje heet 'activeer custom content en mods' of zoiets, ik heb de game zelf in het engels staan dus zou het niet weten maar je komt er vast wel uit. vink dat aan en kijk of je items dan tevoorschijn komen. Check voor de zekerheid ook of je mods in de juiste folder staan (Documents>Electronic Arts>Sims 4>Mods).
  • Options
    @Namaya92 Thank you! :smiley:
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited August 2017
    @XxLenaxX Nou, ten eerste zit je hier compleet verkeerd, als je een antwoord wil hebben zul je ten eerste even op de goeie plek moeten zijn, en je zult even Engels moeten spreken. En heb je nog nooit van Google gehoord? Men zegt dat domme vragen niet bestaan, maar dit was wel een beetje een domme kutvraag.

Anyway, I basically told her that stupid questions apparently do exist, and that she'll get an answer quicker if she asks it in the right place, in the right language.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,369 Member
    Wow, that was mean. This is not MATY. We're more polite here usually.
  • Options
    GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    edited August 2017
    I'm a follower of the Gordon Ramsay School Of Shouting At People For Their Own Good school of thought.
    You should hear how I talk to myself.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
  • Options
    @GrijzePilion It's always better to ask a question and sound 🐸🐸🐸🐸 than to remain that way because you are too afraid to ask. :wink: