Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims Resource not working?

Comments

• ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    edited August 2017
    @LyndieFox
    The TSR experience here seems a bit mixed, I haven't been on TSR in while myself. ( I always end up downloading a buttload of stuff, last time I went looking for a particular pair of tights & as I was searching the results I saw some "jeggings" that I felt compelled to download, as if my sims just couldn't live without them...jeggings & I don't even like/own those IRL either!...TSR is evil I tell you! ) The site worked fine the last time I was there, as well as it usually works anyway.

I would suggest checking the forums at TSR & see if other downloaders have reported any problems lately.

pepperw1 wrote: »
    You can also get Extract Now. It's free and you can extract several files at a time, as well as it will extract different types of files. You can even set the destination , under settings, to were you want the file to be extracted to. I've found it better than all the other unzipping tools out there. But that's just me.

7zip has those functions, too. ;) Never heard of Extract Now, but if it's free & does all that stuff, whatever works for ya.
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @ShojoDagger Just an FYI - This thread was brought back from the dead and the OP asked her question 3 years ago. The only reason it has gotten recent responses is to answer a new member who commented on this looking for a solution to why her mods for The Sims 4 aren't working. :lol:

But, I guess to keep on the actual thread topic - TSR is almost always very slow for me. I have never gotten any random error pages, though.

Oh, to add, OP LyndieFox hasn't been online since last February. :lol:
  • ShojoDaggerShojoDagger Posts: 320 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @ShojoDagger Just an FYI - This thread was brought back from the dead and the OP asked her question 3 years ago. The only reason it has gotten recent responses is to answer a new member who commented on this looking for a solution to why her mods for The Sims 4 aren't working. :lol:

But, I guess to keep on the actual thread topic - TSR is almost always very slow for me. I have never gotten any random error pages, though.

Oh, to add, OP LyndieFox hasn't been online since last February. :lol:
    Oops...didn't look at the date on the OP...:facepalm:
    I uploaded something! (yay) My Studio
    Enjoy!
  • Emily4331Emily4331 Posts: 10,850 Member
    @ShojoDagger Haha! Don't worry, I almost did the same thing. :tongue:
  • ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,355 Member
    Oops...didn't look at the date on the OP...:facepalm:

Oops, me either
  • Meela_PashtMeela_Pasht Posts: 704 Member
    FYI: according to TSR twitter, they are experiencing problems on their site and are working to correct this.
    If you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Live in your Truth.
  • GrijzePilionGrijzePilion Posts: 588 Member
    Emily4331 wrote: »
    @GrijzePilion It's always better to ask a question and sound plum than to remain that way because you are too afraid to ask. :wink:
    Yes, of course, but you do run the risk of me calling you a plummity plum in a language only you and I speak.
    Look out for BRIDGEPORT'88!
    (oh, and follow me on my Tumblr)
    i5-6600K • 16GB • 2x GTX 1070 • 2x 500GB 850 EVO
    As for "the TSR experience", well, there really is a lot of crap on that site. So I generally don't bother.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Whats the saying, like, theres no stupid questions only stupid answers? Or was it only stupid people? I appear to have blocked out all but the last couple years of my life :D
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    I've been getting errors on the site for the past few days. The one time I decide to patronize TSR creators!
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
    edited August 2017
    cleo00 wrote: »
    Whats the saying, like, theres no plum questions only plum answers? Or was it only plum people?
    Well you're definitely talking to one of those 🐸🐸🐸🐸 people right now so yes, that's probably how it goes.
    Actually, I'm a really nice person if you're not a 🐸🐸🐸🐸. Or an idiot. Or another word the stupid 🐸🐸🐸🐸 word filter doesn't 🐸🐸🐸🐸 filter out.

• JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited August 2017
    cleo00 wrote: »
    Whats the saying, like, theres no plum questions only plum answers? Or was it only plum people?
    Well you're definitely talking to one of those plum people right now so yes, that's probably how it goes.
    Actually, I'm a really nice person if you're not a plum. Or an plum. Or another word the plum plum word filter doesn't plum filter out.
    I often find the plum filter annoying and patronizing. Reading your Dutch attack adressed to XxLenaxX however made me realize it definitely serves a purpose. It read like a literal slap in the face. The poor kid made a mistake (probably confusing this forum with the Dutch one; she hasn't been back I notice, fortunately, so I hope she found her answer elsewhere - though I find Emily's and Namaya's efforts to help her very endearing - for all we know she might be twelve years old) and her question wasn't silly at all. Or I must be silly too because I bumped into the very same problem myself once and had to find the answer somewhere on a forum too.
    5JZ57S6.png
    edited August 2017
    JoAnne65 wrote: »
    I often find the plum filter annoying and patronizing.
    Definitely. And yeah, you'd definitely be pretty silly for being confused by something like that. And if you MUST be so inconsiderate, apologise for it in your comment.
    And are 12 year olds even allowed to play this game?
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,255 Member
    Definitely. And yeah, you'd definitely be pretty silly for being confused by something like that. And if you MUST be so inconsiderate, apologise for it in your comment.

Well that depends on what the rating for the game is in the different countries. It's rated Teen 13+ here in the USA but in some countries it's 12+, in others it might M for Mature because of the content whereas there is some countries that it's E for Everyone meaning younger kids 5 and older can play the game.

And as for asking plum questions. When I used to work and had to train new employees, I used to tell them that if they have any questions even if they thought they were plum questions, to ask them anyhow as that is the only way to learn and find the answers that they seek. And that is what I was told years ago when I had questions that I thought was plum but kept them to myself as I didn't want to look plum... ;)
    lisasc360 wrote: »
    And as for asking plum questions. When I used to work and had to train new employees, I used to tell them that if they have any questions even if they thought they were plum questions, to ask them anyhow as that is the only way to learn and find the answers that they seek. And that is what I was told years ago when I had questions that I thought was plum but kept them to myself as I didn't want to look plum... ;)
    I'm not saying that you shouldn't ask 🐸🐸🐸🐸 questions, because you should. I'm just saying I'll point out to you that they are, in fact, 🐸🐸🐸🐸 questions.
    Just curious, are you familiar with Sims 4?
    5JZ57S6.png
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member

There isn't an age restriction for buying T-rated games and I started playing when I was 8.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,908 Member

I personally know of a 9 year old playing this game.
  • cleo00cleo00 Posts: 1,088 Member

If theyre not, Ive been breaking the rules for AGES. I started playing ts1 at 5, and remember having to have my mom come type in the rosebud money cheat for me all the time as I had no clue how to properly type then. I named all my sims jibberish. But, I still was excelent at it. I always like to joke with people that I learned everything I knew as a kid from Barney computer games on my moms windows 98 toshiba laptop, I was MEANT to spend all my time on a computer gaming.
    edited August 2017
    No, I've been trying to block it out for 3 years now.
    There should be some sort of rule that under 13s should only be allowed to play The Sims, but that they'll be shot if they try to have opinions. I know I wish I'd have been shot for everything I did and said at that age.

No, I've been trying to block it out for 3 years now.
    There should be some sort of rule that under 13s should only be allowed to play The Sims, but that they'll be shot if they try to have opinions. I know I wish I'd have been shot for everything I did and said at that age.
    Ok then, last remark on this because I don't think it serves any purpose to drag this on, Sims 4 does have this toggle concerning CC and that's not immediately clear to everyone playing the game. Like silly old me (I'll confess I'm quite good at overlooking the obvious and not understanding what's clear to everyone else, especially where computers and games are concerned). I'm glad people like igazor prefer to help me out with angelic patience in such cases instead of telling me off.
    5JZ57S6.png
    ...Not sure what you're talking about, honestly.
  • Pixiepye315Pixiepye315 Posts: 4 New Member
    Ive had the same laptop since Christmas and I have been downloading from TSR since then as well. For some reason I cant download anything! I went on TSR a couple of days ago, I find something I want to download so I press download and as usual the sponsor comes up for 10 secs. After that it then sais 'thank you for downloading' So I am then waiting for the thing to come up so I can put it onto my mod file and nothing came up. So I did the same thing with different things from different people many times and the same thing happened! I wanted to download MC COMMANDS do I went on a Youtube video and I clicked on the link and downloaded it and I could put it onto my mods file easily, so I know it is not my laptop-It is TSR and my game just recently updated so it got rid of my custom content. I don't have any expansion packs or anything like that so I don't know what could be the problem. You tell me!!
    does anyone know what this problem could be? have any of you delt with this before? If so please tell me x
    > @LyndieFox said:
    > I hope this is the right section...
    >
    > Anyway, I'm trying to download some clothes off of TSR. It's worked for me before, but lately, I haven't been able to download anything except hair and some furniture from there. I try to open it up with WinRAR and it tells me that the archive is either in an unknown format or damaged. Is there any way for me to get it to work?

The same thing is happening to me. Read my comment. Excpet none of the different custom content is working- I have no idea what this is about but maybe its just a glitch or something xx